Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

My take on FOC Shockwave

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

My take on FOC Shockwave

Postby KnightStrike » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
This is the first version I have been working on of this mold. Nothing really innovative, just my take on this one. For this one I wanted to add a few more G1 elements to the FOC design(color scheme and cannon arm), but keep the elements I liked best from FOC and TF:Prime(namely the flight alt mode and red eye respectively). I used Tamiya primer and Testors metallic purple, brushed on some Model Masters silver chrome and Testors purple, detailed with Gundam marker before sealing with Future. I used some epoxy putty to build up the inner legs, which makes him more posable due to the added weight in the lower legs. I left his chest piece clear purple and painted the inside of it silver. I used a kreon piece and the barrel of Optimus's FOC weapon to mod his cannon arm. Added a silver outline faction symbol to his torso, but it doesn't show up too well in these pics. Hope you like it.

More pics available here: http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/Knightstryke/library/FoC%20Shockwave%20Custom
KnightStrike
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Buy from KnightStrike on eBay

Re: My take on FOC Shockwave

Postby Blurrz » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
That looks really fresh. Great detailing!
dA/twitter/tumblr
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 102
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby KnightStrike » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Motto: "Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy."
Blurrz wrote:That looks really fresh. Great detailing!

Thanks! He was a lot of fun to customize. Love the MTMTE customs you have done by the way :D Those are epic!
KnightStrike
Headmaster Jr

Postby Convotron » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I really like how you used dark panel lining instead of the usual glowing style that we see on FoC character designs.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby KnightStrike » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:57 am

Convotron wrote:I really like how you used dark panel lining instead of the usual glowing style that we see on FoC character designs.

Thanks! I wanted to try a FoC mold with more of the comic vibe to it. It has me wanting to try the same on some more WFC and FoC bots now.
KnightStrike
Headmaster Jr

Postby Convotron » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:33 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
KnightStrike wrote:Thanks! I wanted to try a FoC mold with more of the comic vibe to it. It has me wanting to try the same on some more WFC and FoC bots now.

Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to your next custom.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby durroth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:08 am

Weapon: Double Barreled Multi-Purpose Launcher
I like it for the most part, but the purple feels too solid to me. I think it could do with a bit more silver to break up the almost solid purple of the figure. Have you considered making the frame around his chestplate and the piece where he had the decepticon symbol silver? I realize this is a pretty solid purple figure to begin with, but I feel like he's begging for some extra highlights to make him really stand out.
Just some constructive criticism.
durroth
Minibot

Postby KnightStrike » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:30 am

durroth wrote:I like it for the most part, but the purple feels too solid to me. I think it could do with a bit more silver to break up the almost solid purple of the figure. Have you considered making the frame around his chestplate and the piece where he had the decepticon symbol silver? I realize this is a pretty solid purple figure to begin with, but I feel like he's begging for some extra highlights to make him really stand out.
Just some constructive criticism.

Thanks for the suggestions! With this version I wanted to go for more of the comic color feel, hence the loads of purple, but I am working on a second version with the Cyclonus leg swap that will be getting more of a G1 toy coloring with a darker purple and a lot more silver. I your idea of making the trim ring on the chest silver and may use it on the second version. Thanks for the input :D
KnightStrike
Headmaster Jr

Return to Customizations

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014