Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Universe Skyfire - WIP

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Universe Skyfire - WIP

Postby hXcpunk23 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:29 am

Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I wanted to share up something I've been working in recent weeks. I love Classics Jetfire, but can't stand the way his wings look and I miss that fast pack he had in the toon, so I decided to hack away at it all and kill Jetfire so that Skyfire can be born. The wing setup on Jetfire makes him look like a butterfly when they're all folded up and out--just not feeling that, so I cut the wings off and attached them to the fast pack. I shaved off the pegs that held the fast pack to the middle connector thing. I then glued the connected fast pack to the middle connector so that it can still snap onto his back. I cut the main wings off just above the pin so that they still swing in and out. I then attached them to the fast pack and snap the fast pack in upside down (to give it that G1 look--the large black boosters now face up). This looks better to me and it allows the wings to fold up better and look more G1 (no more butterfly look). I also did the leg extension that SMOG shared over in Radicons a long while back--this added some height and that coupled with the new wing setup makes him look taller and leaner than the squatty old Jetfire. Skyfire is born! I'm thinking of making a mini-tutorial on how to go about doing this for those that want a more G1/toon inspired Skyfire. Since these were taken, I've painted some gloss white on the wings in the final picture below to give it a thinner red stripe on them and I adjusted the fast pack a bit (it looks like it stands a bit taller on his back now, but not much). (still a WIP--but not much left to do)

hXcpunk23
Micromaster
Watch hXcpunk23 on YouTube
Buy from hXcpunk23 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Universe Skyfire - WIP

Postby Geminii » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:36 am

Motto: "Ideas may hide in plain sight."
Weapon: Twin Turretted 8MM Electro-Static Cannons
Wow. That's really nice.
Geminii
Minibot
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 am

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Man... that's just really damn impressive. The amount of time you put into that must have been crazy.... beautiful finish, looks way better than Classics Jetfire.
dA/twitter/tumblr
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 102
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby DarkJesterCyn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 pm

thats pretty sweet, a tutorial would be nice. Does it affect transformation?
DarkJesterCyn
Mini-Con

Return to Customizations

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014