This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Shadowman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:22 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Finally got around to watching Partners today. So let's do this:

-Okay, maybe DVR cut off a bit of his monologue, but Starscream admitting to Soundwave that he's finally accepted his role as Second-in-Command sounded oddly genuine.

-Arcee clearly has not recovered from Cliffjumper's death. I'm certain this will not come up again in the episode.

-Starscream really does ask to join the Autobots, for all the obvious reasons we've seen since Megatron came back. Optimus agrees to offer him redemption, but at the same time keeps him in stasis cuffs. Let's be honest here, team switching is one thing, trust is another request entirely.

-Arcee and Starscream bond over their mutual hatred of Airachnid. Arcee notes how Airachnid killed her partner, and Starscream is angry that now Airachnid is taking credit for his accomplishments. Arcee realizes they aren't talking about the same partner, and any chance Starscream has for redemption is basically gone now.

-Airachnid gets her fancy new toy, the Immobilizer, which was built by Wheeljack to--no, sorry, this is a Decepticon-made weapon. Same basic function, though.

-Damn Bumblebee is competent in this series.

-Starscream as well, he's about the only Decepticon so far to be able to best Arcee in a straight-up fight. To be fair, he opened with a nasty sucker punch, but still.

-Arcee still wins, though, but chooses not to kill Starscream because A) It's not going to being anyone back, and B) She'd end up being no better than him.

-Megatron never cared about the Immobilizer, and is instead enraged Airachnid gave Starscream up to the Autobots. It's probably the first time Megatron has ever been genuinely worried about Starscream.

DJ1107 wrote:Jeez I still have six more episodes of this crap!? And I was having such a good day. @Sarbrblade your just in denial that both G1 and movie Prime actually have the guts to end a war. You see this was my big thing in my fan fic I'm writing That near the end NoName (the hero I created) asked Prime that one day Him and Megatron will face down but the question is Will Optimus have what it takes to terminate Megatron.

Here's an idea, how you just stop watching? No one is going to miss you coming in and complaining after every episode about how awful it was.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:38 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:Here's an idea, how you just stop watching? No one is going to miss you coming in and complaining after every episode about how awful it was.
Even if he stops watching, that won't stop his complaining whenever someone brings up the the show and speaks of it positively. And when/if the show does get to a point where it's nothing but genuinely good stuff, he'd probably brush off those words as blind fanboyish praise.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 440
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby bumblebee27 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Weapon: Neutron Blaster
a cant wait to see the new charcters
bumblebee27
Mini-Con
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: ???

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:28 am

bumblebee27 wrote:a cant wait to see the new charcters
Who? What new characters?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby JetOptimus23 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Motto: "I hecked up"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
Sabrblade wrote:

Well, Dreadwing is coming sometime soon, not to mention that thing in the volcano. Probably others too, that they haven't announced yet.
PROFESSIONAL ARMADA APOLOGIST

Currently on a quest to collect as many Unicron Trilogy toys as possible...maybe even complete the collection...
JetOptimus23
Godmaster
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:19 pm

JetOptimus23 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Well, Dreadwing is coming sometime soon, not to mention that thing in the volcano. Probably others too, that they haven't announced yet.
Besides those two. The way he worded his post made it sound like there were some new guys just recently announced or something.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Friend of Da Panda Symbol » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:05 pm

First TF: Prime I saw was episode 8. Two or three weeks later decided to give it a second go around only to find out HUB had been removed from my subscription channels. Grrrr. Then on 7-31 decided to find out if could find eps on YT. Thank God I did.

Pros (not in order)
Scripts character driven
Transforming for a reason that’s followed up on
Character Art and Animation. Reason #1 TF:A turned me off.
Starscream at last scares me at points
At this time (eps 1-20) Two humans have broken into top favorite humans. The top 5 now: Chip, :-B Carly, Agent Fowler, Raf & Sparkplug
V/A (times 100)

Cons

Miko :BANG_HEAD:

Bumble R2 Bee D2 :sad:

Someone tell me why the Autobots have the low tech and the Decepticons the high tech other than it makes the former appear suffering more in doing their jobs? >:oP

Favorite episode: Convoy, especially Fowler wanting to “drive” :lol: and the ending :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: . (whoohoo!)
Friend of Da Panda Symbol
Minibot
Watch Friend of Da Panda Symbol on YouTube

Postby JetOptimus23 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Friend of Da Panda Symbol wrote:At this time (eps 1-20) Two humans have broken into top favorite humans. The top 5 now: Chip, :-B Carly, Agent Fowler, Raf & Sparkplug
V/A (times 100)

Wait...fowlers only 3 on your list?! Dude flies a jet wearing a suit and tie, and he gets ranked below Chip? Lol, jk. He's pretty good.

Friend of Da Panda Symbol wrote:Miko :BANG_HEAD:

Could be worse... It could be kicker. :SICK:

Friend of Da Panda Symbol wrote:omeone tell me why the Autobots have the low tech and the Decepticons the high tech other than it makes the former appear suffering more in doing their jobs? >:oP

Because the Autobots are stranded on earth and the Cons have technology straight from Cybertron.
Friend of Da Panda Symbol wrote:Favorite episode: Convoy, especially Fowler wanting to “drive” :lol: and the ending :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: . (whoohoo!)

Huh huh, Dingus. (you just read that in butthead's voice.)
Sabrblade wrote:
JetOptimus23 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Besides those two. The way he worded his post made it sound like there were some new guys just recently announced or something.

I suppose so.

Currently on a quest to collect as many Unicron Trilogy toys as possible...maybe even complete the collection...
JetOptimus23
Godmaster

Postby syphonn » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Weapon: Gattling Gun
Friend of Da Panda Symbol wrote:

I hope the Rock Bottom episode will be a turning point for Miko (someone said this earlier as well, but I can't remember who though ...)
District 9, what Transformers could have been ...
syphonn
Vehicon
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:01 pm

syphonn wrote:

I hope the Rock Bottom episode will be a turning point for Miko (someone said this earlier as well, but I can't remember who though ...)
Yeah, that episode was a good example of her seeing the harshness of war and turmoil up close and personal.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby JetOptimus23 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
syphonn wrote:

Yeah, that episode was a god example of her seeing the harshness of war and turmoil up close and personal.

Yeah. Despite her enthusiasm, I don't know why all the hate.

JetOptimus23
Godmaster

Postby Mizuno » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Weapon: Electron-Pulse Gun
sexsim :p
no, honestly, I don't mind her either. She is somtimes reckless and stuborn but shes 15 XD If I remember what I've been like in her age.... man, shes tame compared to myself :lol:
ImageImage
Mizuno
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby WasPWNator » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:26 am

Motto: "Motto? I don't know, probably something about molecular structure..."
Weapon: Liquid Flame-Thrower
Mizuno wrote:sexsim :p
no, honestly, I don't mind her either. She is somtimes reckless and stuborn but shes 15 XD If I remember what I've been like in her age.... man, shes tame compared to myself :lol:

I've got no problem with Miko either, I vastly prefer her to Raf; at least she makes some actual impact on the story of the show instead of just being a 5 year old deus ex machina whose only contribution is using his unreasonably good computer hacking skills when the Autobots need to solve an unsolvable problem. I think I'd rather have Sam Witwicky from the movie riding around in Bumblebee. At least he occasionally goes on a hilariously ridiculous screaming rampage...

Also Agent Fowler is ace. Captain Fanzone used to be my favourite human, but Fowler just beat him.
Mkall wrote:I don't have much extra to contribute, but you have an AWESOME username

WasPWNator
Fuzor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2

Postby Chandler Prime 1 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Has anyone heard when the next Transformer Prime will be airing ?
Autobots Transform and Roll Out !!!!!!! - Optimus Prime
Chandler Prime 1
Minibot
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Skids » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:15 pm

I've watched nearly episode thus far, and this... just might be the best Transformers show ever.
At the very least it should win an award for making sense out of Bayformers. The movies really should have been more like this. I've no idea why it couldn't have.

"Deep down we are more like than unlike humans."
Skids
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Scourgescream » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:58 am

OptimusChandler3 wrote:Has anyone heard when the next Transformer Prime will be airing ?

Nope, no news on it yet. i am getting withdrawals. The only upside is that the longer we wait now then the less time there will be between the end of season one and the start of season 2, which is good. Especially if Season1 ends on a cliffhanger of some kind
Scourgescream
Micromaster

Postby Star_ling » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:47 pm

If your looking for a new episode, check out YouTube. A new episode aired today in Canada on Teletoon and someone over at TFW posted links. Check it its fairly entertaining, and Knockout makes his return. Sweet.
Originally Posted by Notabot
Sorry, apparently that's not allowed. You must declare whether it is the bestest figure evar or the end of Transformers as we know it, and you must do so immediately. Do not wait for actual images or facts, or you're not a REAL fan. Speculate, claim it as fact, then, if proven wrong, backpedal. There can be no other way.
Star_ling
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Star_ling wrote:If your looking for a new episode, check out YouTube. A new episode aired today in Canada on Teletoon and someone over at TFW posted links. Check it its fairly entertaining, and Knockout makes his return. Sweet.
Source or it didn't happen.

EDIT: Well I'll be a bald eagle!

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Episode 21 -

Hey, actual information about the Golden Age of Cybertron. Not even Exodus covers this stuff. 8-)

Knock Out: "Come to Papa."
Bulkhead: "Run to Mommy."
Breakdown: "Say 'Uncle.' Say it!" - Quite a disfigured family, aren't they? :lol:

So why weren't the Vehicons allowed to follow Breakdown and Knock Out into the GroundBridge?

Prime Bulkhead takes up art. Nice nod to his namesake. ;)

This episode has officially payed homage to the Spongebob Squarepants episode in which Patrick becomes super intelligent, only with Bulkhead and Miko instead of Pat and Sponge. As well as ROTF when Sam has his "mental meltdown".

Synthetic Energon? That means the Autobots can finally get the same stuff the G1 Deceptcions had a monopoly on back in the G1 cartoon, instead of having to search for natural authentic Energon. Cool. :smile:

...Or, wait. They can only get it at the cost of Bulkhead's mind. Nevermind. :|

Optimus: "I will not allow another one of our own to be sacrificed, no matter the cost." - He's really pushing it with that last part. Had it not been for the rest of the sentence before it, I call him out on forced fanwank.

Bulkhead: "Friction coefficient quotient of the subset amplified... proving Perceptor's Paradox is nothing of the kind." - Had to point this line out as it mentions a certain someone's name. ;)

Miko talks about Wheeljack.

Knock Out: "You painted my paint job! Prepare for surgery!" - Words of the wise: Don't deface Knock Out's chassis. :P

Despite this seemingly being another filler, this was a pretty touching episode.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Zequem » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:17 am

Motto: ""Run, Bunny, run!""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Oh Knock Out, how I missed you and your paint-job! :lol:

Nice episode. I'm happy they didn't show any Starscream in it, even though he went rogue in the last episode. I wouldn't be surprised if he would come back in the last episode of the season and thus start the second season.

Now waiting for the next episode. Hopefully they would air it before school starts. :)
Zequem
Micromaster

Postby Scourgescream » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:26 am

Very average episode, not that strong at all and nothing really happened. Bulkhead is by far my fave character but i would have liked to have seen him in a coma for a couple of episodes. To have him go through all that and just be fine was a bit unrealistic.

Miko is just a selfish cow quite frankly. She needs to be banned from the base. At the end when she was saying it was all her fault i was dying for someone to turn round and say "yes, yes it was. YOU killed Bulkhead by taking him off the base. Well done you!"

Bumblebee and his electronic fart voice continue to irritate..........
Scourgescream
Micromaster

Postby Mizuno » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:44 am

Weapon: Electron-Pulse Gun
don't know. miko has her flaws but shes good at heart...
ImageImage
Mizuno
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5

Postby Shadowman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Scourgescream wrote:Very average episode, not that strong at all and nothing really happened. Bulkhead is by far my fave character but i would have liked to have seen him in a coma for a couple of episodes. To have him go through all that and just be fine was a bit unrealistic.

Miko is just a selfish cow quite frankly. She needs to be banned from the base. At the end when she was saying it was all her fault i was dying for someone to turn round and say "yes, yes it was. YOU killed Bulkhead by taking him off the base. Well done you!"

Bumblebee and his electronic fart voice continue to irritate..........

"Selfish" means going out of your way to help someone close to you. Strange that I never heard that definition before.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby Scourgescream » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:32 pm

She wasn't trying to help Bulkhead for Bulkheads sake. she was more concerned with him forgetting her and her not being able to do what she wanted to do with him at any time.

Thats how it came across to me anyway. As much as i would prefer there to be no humans in the show, i don't mind them if they are good characters, well voiced and actually add something to the enjoyment of the show. As it stands Miko is none of the above. I don't want her to be killed off but maybe her actual parents could come and get her and take her away or something like that
Scourgescream
Micromaster

Postby Shadowman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Scourgescream wrote:She wasn't trying to help Bulkhead for Bulkheads sake. she was more concerned with him forgetting her and her not being able to do what she wanted to do with him at any time.

She was upset that her best friend was literally losing his mind. The fact that he couldn't remember her name is just what forced her to act, to try and jog his memory to undo that damage. It's what any sane person would do. And the only plan the Autobots had was to ask Megatron for help.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRT BOSS Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Scout complete Hasbro 2009 240427C"
NEW!
DIRT BOSS Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Turbine Thrash WINDBLADE Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class Hasbro 2018 New"
Turbine Thrash WIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222D"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKRAPNEL Transformers Power of the Primes Legends Class Hasbro 2018 220626A"
SKRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208K"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXCELLION Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete w/ d7p5 key Hasbro 2006 240524A"
NEW!
EXCELLION Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #351 - Ask Your Dad
Twincast / Podcast #351:
"Ask Your Dad"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 1st, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON