This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks Discussion Thread

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:32 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Cyberpath wrote:I did it! I folded him into a car! And without a video. So rewarding. :lol: Everything fits flush.
Plugged the side mirrors, too.

These things are like those puzzle toys, but I think I remember the transformation now.

Have you found a way to get the side mirrors to stay in? Mine fall out if you just look at them wrong. I've been tempted to just superglue them in, but I'm worried I'll be screwed if they ever do break, because I won't be able to use the replacement ones it comes with.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:48 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:Have you found a way to get the side mirrors to stay in? Mine fall out if you just look at them wrong. I've been tempted to just superglue them in, but I'm worried I'll be screwed if they ever do break, because I won't be able to use the replacement ones it comes with.

No, don't use glue! Press the base of the mirrors in until it's flush with the doors. They will never fall off again.

You can even use a small flat-blade screwdriver to push (as long as you wrap it in a piece of fabric, like sunglasses wiper, to avoid scratching anything.)
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:33 am

-Edward Hoagland"
Thanks, Cyberpath. That finally did the trick! I never would have thought I'd need to use so much force just to get the mirrors to fit in correctly. Now, my last remaining complaint about the figure is moot. After figuring out how to properly lock the backpack into place, its not at all bad. Everything works so well, and Tracks looks great! Now I'm looking forward to Road Rage all the more. :)

I don't get the complaints that Tracks is overly "complicated" either. It's a Masterpiece toy. Of course the engineering is going to be a lot more complex than a mainline figure.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Re: MP-25 Tracks

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:31 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Cyberpath wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Is that your picture?
Yes. Though unrelated to the backpack subject.

fenrir72 wrote:Cyberpath moved his shoulders outward so there will be clearance. But put them parallel and not outward then there will be some clearance issues unless you angle his wings at around 60 degree higher.

He also highered the hood beyond the notch where the back pack sort of locks in.

The whole thing is very adjustable. Where the hoodie clips, the wings, the colour bar thing, the missiles..

Yah. I got that. You didn't lock the hood to those side notches. I tried what you did but it indeed was floppy. Visually, way better of course.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:51 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:Thanks, Cyberpath. That finally did the trick! I never would have thought I'd need to use so much force just to get the mirrors to fit in correctly. Now, my last remaining complaint about the figure is moot. After figuring out how to properly lock the backpack into place, its not at all bad. Everything works so well, and Tracks looks great! Now I'm looking forward to Road Rage all the more. :)

I don't get the complaints that Tracks is overly "complicated" either. It's a Masterpiece toy. Of course the engineering is going to be a lot more complex than a mainline figure.

No problem, glad it helped. I agree, transforming Tracks for the first was difficult, but after a transform or two you learn where everything goes.

fenrir72 wrote:Yah. I got that. You didn't lock the hood to those side notches. I tried what you did but it indeed was floppy. Visually, way better of course.

Not floppy at all. Mine's got it clipped to his back like in the pic above and it's totally secure.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Re: MP-25 Tracks

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Cyberpath wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:Is that your picture?
Yes. Though unrelated to the backpack subject.

fenrir72 wrote:Cyberpath moved his shoulders outward so there will be clearance. But put them parallel and not outward then there will be some clearance issues unless you angle his wings at around 60 degree higher.

He also highered the hood beyond the notch where the back pack sort of locks in.

The whole thing is very adjustable. Where the hoodie clips, the wings, the colour bar thing, the missiles..

This does look better. Good thing you showed this off! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7

Postby RAR » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:27 am

I was thinking about those Tracks stands you can supposedly buy separately now - If they are some sort of Takara Tomy Mall exclusive - does that mean they are online only then - or actually able to be bought in a store of some sort in Japan ?

Anyone have any further info on them at all ?
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:29 am

Motto: "i know kung fu. -Keanu Reeves"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Alright I'm just gonna ask: Should I get Tracks, or get other Masterpieces instead first and hopefully get Tracks later? I was super hyped about Tracks when he was announced, but since other MPs seem to be better figures I'm not as excited. :\
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
SillySpringer wrote:Alright I'm just gonna ask: Should I get Tracks, or get other Masterpieces instead first and hopefully get Tracks later? I was super hyped about Tracks when he was announced, but since other MPs seem to be better figures I'm not as excited. :\

Don't be dissuaded by the nay-sayers. Tracks is an excellent figure worthy of the Masterpiece moniker.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:39 pm

SillySpringer wrote:Alright I'm just gonna ask: Should I get Tracks, or get other Masterpieces instead first and hopefully get Tracks later? I was super hyped about Tracks when he was announced, but since other MPs seem to be better figures I'm not as excited. :\

Which MPs do you have now?

If you do want Tracks, might as well get him now while he's still available for $50.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Cyberpath wrote:

If you do want Tracks, might as well get him now while he's still available for $50.

I don't have any MPs yet, so I feel there are other ones more important to get. :\ LIke I also want Wheeljack, the Silverstreak mold, and some other MPs that I'm more excited about.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:39 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

I don't have any MPs yet, so I feel there are other ones more important to get. :\ LIke I also want Wheeljack, the Silverstreak mold, and some other MPs that I'm more excited about.

What the others said. Get him while he is "cheap". Once he gets lost in the secondary market then watch how high he goes. ALL Masterpieces are MASTERPIECES.

Tracks especially. The "hoodie" notwithstanding, is really a great MP. TT went an extra mile and "experimented" at incorporating his "missile launcher" into his structure as opposed to making it an add on accessory.

It's kind of strange that among all the reviews I watched, no one has even mentioned this.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:59 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

What the others said. Get him while he is "cheap". Once he gets lost in the secondary market then watch how high he goes. ALL Masterpieces are MASTERPIECES.

Tracks especially. The "hoodie" notwithstanding, is really a great MP. TT went an extra mile and "experimented" at incorporating his "missile launcher" into his structure as opposed to making it an add on accessory.

It's kind of strange that among all the reviews I watched, no one has even mentioned this.

Very good point. I do want him, but not nearly as much as the older MPs, which will be EVEN HARDER to get. :( Like I said, I at least want to get Wheeljack and Bluestreak/Silverstreak before Shockwave, Ratchet, and Hot Rod become available, and I STILL have to buy UW Devastator, which will take me a little bit to recover from.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:08 pm

SillySpringer wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

Very good point. I do want him, but not nearly as much as the older MPs, which will be EVEN HARDER to get. :( Like I said, I at least want to get Wheeljack and Bluestreak/Silverstreak before Shockwave, Ratchet, and Hot Rod become available, and I STILL have to buy UW Devastator, which will take me a little bit to recover from.

WJ is getting a 2nd release.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:25 pm

fenrir72 wrote:WJ is getting a 2nd release.

Ok kewl! I am still sad about not having Soundwave and Optimus Prime tho.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby fenrir72 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:48 pm

SillySpringer wrote:

MP Convoy 30% off at hlj
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:19 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Did anyone else notice this little oddity in Tracks' instructions? His mini Blaster figure is labeled, in English, as "Blaster." Isn't Blaster's Japanese name "Broadcast?" I know that lately, Takara has been marketing their Transformers releases with the English names written in English lettering and their Japanese name in Japanese characters, but in the case of the Masterpiece line, they have been sticking to Romanizing the Japanese names from G1 and ignoring the original English names, giving us names such as "Convoy," "Bumble," and "Streak," along with the faction designations "Cybertron" and "Destron" instead of "Autobot" and "Decepticon." Weird.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:Did anyone else notice this little oddity in Tracks' instructions? His mini Blaster figure is labeled, in English, as "Blaster." Isn't Blaster's Japanese name "Broadcast?" I know that lately, Takara has been marketing their Transformers releases with the English names written in English lettering and their Japanese name in Japanese characters, but in the case of the Masterpiece line, they have been sticking to Romanizing the Japanese names from G1 and ignoring the original English names, giving us names such as "Convoy," "Bumble," and "Streak," along with the faction designations "Cybertron" and "Destron" instead of "Autobot" and "Decepticon." Weird.
I suppose it could have been an error that slipped by by accident, buuuuuuuut technically Blaster's altmode is a "blaster" (a "ghetto blaster"), so if one wanted to, one could think that the instructions are referring to the object that the accessory resembles rather than the character the accessory represents. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:54 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
Do you have the Tracks instructions on hand, Sabr? I can't remember if the English text is accompanied by a Japanese translation or not, but if it is, I wonder if it's written as "Blaster" the name, "Broadcast" the name, or whatever a "ghetto blaster" is called in the Japanese language, lol.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:Do you have the Tracks instructions on hand, Sabr? I can't remember if the English text is accompanied by a Japanese translation or not, but if it is, I wonder if it's written as "Blaster" the name, "Broadcast" the name, or whatever a "ghetto blaster" is called in the Japanese language, lol.
I don't own the figure or know where to find pics of the instructions at this time (hopefully Ryan will include some pics of the instructions when he does Tracks's gallery), so I'm only making guesses based on the info from your previous post.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Cyberpath » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:03 am

ブロードキャスト (Broadcast.)

image.jpeg
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:07 am

-Edward Hoagland"
Thanks, Cyberpath. That makes it pretty clear. "Blaster" was probably an oversight by the people creating Tracks' instruction sheet.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:54 am

Wolfman Jake wrote:Thanks, Cyberpath. That makes it pretty clear. "Blaster" was probably an oversight by the people creating Tracks' instruction sheet.

MP-01 (1st releases) and MP-08 had "More than Meets TEH Eye!" in their front box fonts. Also in the UW, the english font has the name "Defensor".

Maybe TT is going bilingual crazy on us?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:00 am

fenrir72 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Thanks, Cyberpath. That makes it pretty clear. "Blaster" was probably an oversight by the people creating Tracks' instruction sheet.

MP-01 (1st releases) and MP-08 had "More than Meets TEH Eye!" in their front box fonts. Also in the UW, the english font has the name "Defensor".

Maybe TT is going bilingual crazy on us?
Unite Warriors and Legends deliberately use both the Japanese and English names, while the Masterpiece line is supposed to only use the Japanese names.

I'm with Wolfman on thinking it was a goof since that description Cyberpath posted uses "Broadcast" in Katakana multiple times and "Blaster" in Latin script once.

And in regards to what Wolfman asked earlier about what the Japanese call Blaster's altmode, the description refers to him as a "cassette deck".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby DedicatedGhostArt » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:53 pm

fenrir72 wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:

MP Convoy 30% off at hlj

I may be able to get Year of the Goat Soundwave.
DedicatedGhostArt
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #15 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220438 15B (CA) Duggan"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MPG-02 GETSUEI Transformers Masterpiece G1 Trainbots Raiden Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
MPG-02 GETSUEI Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers G1 Insecticons complete + more Hasbro 1985 221122A"
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWERVE Transformers G1 Mini-Bot complete Hasbro 1986 240109A"
SWERVE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 DEC200413 1B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MP-48+ DARK AMBER LEO PRIME Transformers Masterpiece Beast Wars Hasbro 2023 New"
MP-48+ DARK AMBER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 1998 230609A"
DINOBOT Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RHINOX Transformers Beast Wars Transmetal Deluxe complete vtg 1998 AS-IS 230609A"
RHINOX Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 DECEPTICON DANGER Coloring and Activity Book 1993 230418A"
Transformers G2 DE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210538 1B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TIGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe 100% complete vtg Hasbro 1996 230609A"
TIGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 DECEPTICON MADNESS Flip 'n' Fun Activity Pad 1993 210713A"
Transformers G2 DE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 1998 230609A"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON