This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Asahikawa Winter Festival 16 Meter Optimus Prime Snow Sculpture

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Asahikawa Winter Festival 16 Meter Optimus Prime Snow Sculpture

Postby El Duque » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
GUNJAP has shed some additional light on the story we brought you earlier via the recent TakaraTomy website update. Apparently this year's Asahikawa Winter Festival will feature a 16 meter snow sculpture of Transformers Prime Optimus Prime. Asahikawa Winter Festival takes place in Asahikawa, Hokkaido Prefecture from February 8th - 12th.

Artists are sculpting the giant robot from a 16-meter (about 53-foot) snow mound. Construction crews began piling snow on January 6, started work on the character’s head on January 10, and raised trusses to continue sculpting Optimus last Thursday.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Re: Asahikawa Winter Festival 16 Meter Optimus Prime Snow Sculpture

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:17 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
When it's complete, I dare anyone to lick it. :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Winter Festival 16 Meter Optimus Prime Snow Sculpture

Postby El Duque » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:50 am

TakaraTomy has tweeted an image of the completed Transformers Prime Optimus Prime snow sculpture from the Asahikawa Winter Festival. The sculpture measures 16 meters or approximately 52.5 feet. Asahikawa Winter Festival takes place in Asahikawa, Hokkaido Prefecture from February 8th - 12th. Image mirrored below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby Bumblevivisector » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:57 am

Appropriately, he looks like he's hunkering down for one heck of a snowball fight. Awesome work!
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby New Omen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:01 am

Motto: "Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest motto."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
:APPLAUSE: great stuff. I'd like to see a time lapse of it being made. I'd probably enjoy a time lapse of him melting too. :P
New Omen
Fuzor
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:01 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
New Omen wrote::APPLAUSE: great stuff. I'd like to see a time lapse of it being made. I'd probably enjoy a time lapse of him melting too. :P

Do not grieve. Soon, he shall be one with the water cycle.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby El Duque » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 am

TakaraTomy has tweeted a few additional images from the Asahikawa Winter Festival. In addition to the giant Optimus Prime snow sculpture there is also a sculpture of Transformers Prime Bumblebee to greet guest. We also see a coupled of illuminated images of the Optimus Prime sculpture.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby New Omen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 am

Motto: "Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest motto."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Bumblebee needs more yellow snow damn it! What did they do... eat it all?
I for one am disappointed they thought they could get away with a white bee. :roll:
New Omen
Fuzor
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6

Asahikawa Winter Festival Prime, Megatron and Bumblebee!

Postby GetRightRobot » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Now that the Asahikawa Winter Festival is over, what will become of these awesome Snowmen? Mirrored below are more of the impressive, "life-sized" snow sculptures from this year's Asahikawa Winter Fest. Note that both Transformers Prime BumbleBee and movie Bumblebee were in attendance. Luckily, they did not wear the same outfit. Enjoy the pics below or, head over to the original post by clicking here.

GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Awesome artistry but I do have to wonder why they didn't add some color. Very simple to do a solution that they could spray on and have it be non-harmful to the environment when everything thaws. Still,the sculptures turned out amazing. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby CrimsonPrime » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:47 am

T-Macksimus wrote:Awesome artistry but I do have to wonder why they didn't add some color. Very simple to do a solution that they could spray on and have it be non-harmful to the environment when everything thaws. Still,the sculptures turned out amazing. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I think it looks better un-painted. It looks more natural and snow-like xP.

That looks awesome :D. Would be more awesome if it's a full sculpture but meh one can only hope.
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:52 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
The work-in-progress Starscream's head is kinda disturbing, and the fact that it's next to Megatron only makes it more disturbing. :???:
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDSTORM Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SANDSTORM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON