Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Anyhow I suppose i'am one of the few who actually likes Soundwave. However, he looks more Blue-ish though or is that just me? I don't really see any of those horrid "Tumors" on him, like on the other figures........Well you know accept for the huge ass pods on the wings/shoulders....


I'm a big fan of Soundwave. :D But other than the Minicon there doesn't seem to be much difference from the Hasbro version, so I suppose there's not much to comment on.

CJ is GLOWING with DARK ENERGON. :lol: Pass for me, but it does look pretty cool. Nice to see they did indeed include the remolded head.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8730
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby Downbeat » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Motto: "Can't think and I'm feeling fine."
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
oh dear lord I want this Cliffjumper


whyyyy didn't i think about pre-ordering him when he was first announced? :sad: i mean, i'm only interested now thanks to the colors, but bluuuugh. :(

Cheapest I can find him for is 35 bucks.
Image
User avatar
Downbeat
Minibot
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:42 pm
Location: The Gates of Steel
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Downbeat wrote:oh dear lord I want this Cliffjumper


whyyyy didn't i think about pre-ordering him when he was first announced? :sad: i mean, i'm only interested now thanks to the colors, but bluuuugh. :(

Cheapest I can find him for is 35 bucks.


That's standard price for a Takara deluxe nowadays. That's about as cheap as it's gonna get, I suggest you get it while you still can.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8730
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby Requiem Prime » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
kirbenvost wrote:
Downbeat wrote:oh dear lord I want this Cliffjumper


whyyyy didn't i think about pre-ordering him when he was first announced? :sad: i mean, i'm only interested now thanks to the colors, but bluuuugh. :(

Cheapest I can find him for is 35 bucks.


That's standard price for a Takara deluxe nowadays. That's about as cheap as it's gonna get, I suggest you get it while you still can.

Do you mean for us or does that really equate to what they'd be in Japan? I just assumed it was a markup for importing.
User avatar
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 544
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:39 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Requiem Prime wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
Downbeat wrote:oh dear lord I want this Cliffjumper


whyyyy didn't i think about pre-ordering him when he was first announced? :sad: i mean, i'm only interested now thanks to the colors, but bluuuugh. :(

Cheapest I can find him for is 35 bucks.


That's standard price for a Takara deluxe nowadays. That's about as cheap as it's gonna get, I suggest you get it while you still can.

Do you mean for us or does that really equate to what they'd be in Japan? I just assumed it was a markup for importing.


It is, but you also need to take the exchange rate into account. Currently the Yen is very weak against the US Dollar.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14586
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Requiem Prime wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
Downbeat wrote:oh dear lord I want this Cliffjumper


whyyyy didn't i think about pre-ordering him when he was first announced? :sad: i mean, i'm only interested now thanks to the colors, but bluuuugh. :(

Cheapest I can find him for is 35 bucks.


That's standard price for a Takara deluxe nowadays. That's about as cheap as it's gonna get, I suggest you get it while you still can.

Do you mean for us or does that really equate to what they'd be in Japan? I just assumed it was a markup for importing.


It has to do with the value of the yen vs the US dollar. The cost in Japan has gone up itself in recent years, but the increase mostly comes down to exchange rates and import. Most western shops sell them for about that much. If you order straight from Japan (through HLJ/Amiami etc) the price will be cheaper, but then shipping costs are high.

Take, for example, a generic exaple of Mechtech Bumblebee:

List Price: 2600 Yen (HLJ price 2080 Yen)
Shipping: Fedex - 1294 Yen, EMS - 1200 Yen (20% off), SAL - 680 Yen

So with today's exchange you are looking at:

List Price: $31.41 USD (HLJ Price $25.13 USD)
Shipping: Fedex - $15.64 USD, EMS - $14.50 USD (20% Off), SAL - $8.22 USD

So worst case scenario, paying MSRP you are looking at $47.05 for a single deluxe shipped by the fastest method or $39.63 for the slowest. Best case, due to HLJ's discounted prices, $40.77 for fast shipping or $33.35.

So not far off from $35! ;)

Although I just found the listing for Terrorcon Cliffjumper, and it appears the Micron Arms deluxes are somewhat cheaper, 2000 Yen / $24.16 USD or HLJ price 1600 Yen / $19.34, so you are still looking at a minimum of $27.56 and a maximum of $39.80.

So I guess if you can buy straight from Japan and get the cheapest, riskiest shipping, you might be able to save $7 or so, but with standard, more reliable EMS shipping it's still going to cost you $33.84. :-B
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8730
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby RAcast » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
kirbenvost wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Anyhow I suppose i'am one of the few who actually likes Soundwave. However, he looks more Blue-ish though or is that just me? I don't really see any of those horrid "Tumors" on him, like on the other figures........Well you know accept for the huge ass pods on the wings/shoulders....


I'm a big fan of Soundwave. :D But other than the Minicon there doesn't seem to be much difference from the Hasbro version, so I suppose there's not much to comment on.

CJ is GLOWING with DARK ENERGON. :lol: Pass for me, but it does look pretty cool. Nice to see they did indeed include the remolded head.


I'm also a big fan of Prime Soundwave, and I think the Minicon is just great! And honestly, I kinda dig the shoulder-ports; I don't think they're so obtrusive as SilverHammer makes them out to be...and that's one more place to stash Laserbeak, lol.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby Hypershock » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Motto: "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. Oh, and I may or may not have been to Coruscant once or twice. Recently. Possibly."
Weapon: Dual Solar Powererd Vibro Cannons
you know what would be awesome? if they figured out a way to fit soundwave's micron into his chest cavity =P~
Image
User avatar
Hypershock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 pm
Watch Hypershock on YouTube
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Motto: "I have to return some video tapes."
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
RAcast wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Anyhow I suppose i'am one of the few who actually likes Soundwave. However, he looks more Blue-ish though or is that just me? I don't really see any of those horrid "Tumors" on him, like on the other figures........Well you know accept for the huge ass pods on the wings/shoulders....


I'm a big fan of Soundwave. :D But other than the Minicon there doesn't seem to be much difference from the Hasbro version, so I suppose there's not much to comment on.

CJ is GLOWING with DARK ENERGON. :lol: Pass for me, but it does look pretty cool. Nice to see they did indeed include the remolded head.


I'm also a big fan of Prime Soundwave, and I think the Minicon is just great! And honestly, I kinda dig the shoulder-ports; I don't think they're so obtrusive as SilverHammer makes them out to be...and that's one more place to stash Laserbeak, lol.


Nah I don't think their "obtrusive" they just kinda caught me of guard if that makes since ;)
Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
Headmaster
Posts: 1172
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I'm getting Soundwave. Pass on Cliff.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2220
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby xyl360 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm a sucker for clear red and clear purple, so Cliff is so bought (already had him pre-ordered anyway, but I will definitely NOT be canceling now). I also love that they used the FE mold. That means that not only does he have this new Arms Micron chainsaw type thing, which looks awesome to me, but it means he also has his original guns built into his hands that the FE had.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3001
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby Heavy B » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:52 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
That cliffjumper reminds me I'll have to get the regular version for 50 bux on ebay

f*ck you hasbro
Image
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
User avatar
Heavy B
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5111
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby Manterax Prime » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:The minicons are ace though.
Marketing model kits as actual action figures = false advertisement. >:oP


Have you seen LEGO's buildable action figures? Who's to say Habro/Takara can't do it w/ minicons needing to be built. The minions are more "asssembly required" rather than model kits.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
User avatar
Manterax Prime
Pretender
Posts: 760
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:44 pm
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby gavinfuzzy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:10 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Terrecon cliffjumper must be the 1st clear mainline figure in a long time! :D (wait... botshots chase figures). I really like the purple. Gonna get it.
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1845
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Official Images of Takara's AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper and AM-09 Soundwave

Postby RAcast » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:07 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
gavinfuzzy wrote:Terrecon cliffjumper must be the 1st clear mainline figure in a long time! :D (wait... botshots chase figures). I really like the purple. Gonna get it.


I hope it comes stateside, I don't have any completely translucent figures in my collection, and I wouldn't mind that being the first.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion