This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

When do SDCC exclusives show up on HTS?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: When do SDCC exclusives show up on HTS?

Postby Nemesis Destron » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
So remember when Amazon Unicron was released and it sold out in waves and for several days the stock would replenish then sell out and so on? Is it possible this also could happen or are we now looking at a complete and total "sell out"? :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby grimdragon2001 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
complete sellout most likely, unless they due a ton of cancelations. wouldnt get my hopes up too far though. better to prey that Takara chooses a game accurate color scheme for thier version
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby xyl360 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Nemesis Destron wrote:So remember when Amazon Unicron was released and it sold out in waves and for several days the stock would replenish then sell out and so on? Is it possible this also could happen or are we now looking at a complete and total "sell out"? :VEHI:

That's what I'm thinking. Hasbro must have more stock than this. Even with all the demand, I don't buy that it sold out as quick as it did unless the initial quantity was VERY limited, which is unlike Hasbro, even with exclusives. They usually make a ton so that they can sell a ton.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
xyl360
City Commander

Postby Nemesis Destron » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:15 pm

xyl360 wrote:
Nemesis Destron wrote:So remember when Amazon Unicron was released and it sold out in waves and for several days the stock would replenish then sell out and so on? Is it possible this also could happen or are we now looking at a complete and total "sell out"? :VEHI:

That's what I'm thinking. Hasbro must have more stock than this. Even with all the demand, I don't buy that it sold out as quick as it did unless the initial quantity was VERY limited, which is unlike Hasbro, even with exclusives. They usually make a ton so that they can sell a ton.

Exactly, why the hell wouldn't they NOT expect this...? :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
They don't make a ton hence the phrase "limited exclusive." FYI Helicarrier is now gone.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby amtm » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Motto: "I'd've written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time."
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
I'm a little dumbfounded by the $40 difference in price between the Amazon G2 Bruticus paint scheme and the SDCC paint scheme. I mean, heck, I like the SDCC one better, but $40? Sheesh.
For sale: My entire Transformers and third-party collection. Includes Masterpiece, Generations, Universe, Movie, Prime, Armada/Energon/Cybertron, G1, G2, a few Japanese imports, etc. Many never opened, the rest displayed in enclosed display cases to keep the dust off. A few ads on Craigslist/OfferUp for DC/MD/VA locals, will post on boards or ebay when I have time.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay
Strength: 3
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Midnight_Fox » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Nemesis Destron wrote:
xyl360 wrote:

Exactly, why the hell wouldn't they NOT expect this...? :VEHI:

Because they make them to sell at the convention. It's a courtesy that they do this at all, many companies don't and their convention exclusives are only ever sold at that convention, regardless of how much stock they have left.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:56 pm

amtm wrote:I'm a little dumbfounded by the $40 difference in price between the Amazon G2 Bruticus paint scheme and the SDCC paint scheme. I mean, heck, I like the SDCC one better, but $40? Sheesh.

Has nothing to do with paint but number of units made.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
And yet, the 2011 HasbroToyShop.com New York Comic-Con Exclusive First Edition Arcee and Bumblebee set is STILL in stock. What give? Is that because they made a ton and/or people just don't give a fawk?
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby grimdragon2001 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
amtm wrote:I'm a little dumbfounded by the $40 difference in price between the Amazon G2 Bruticus paint scheme and the SDCC paint scheme. I mean, heck, I like the SDCC one better, but $40? Sheesh.

i disagree, the paint is the reason everyone wants the SDCC version over the retail. at least thats the only reason i wanted it so badly. hasbro made an SDCC exclusive the only way to get Bruticus in the correct colors. sad truth is, the paint is EVERYTHING for this set. there is no difference in the mold, no special weapon or bonus accessory. just the paint job that should have been on the retail versions

whould have been better if the retail figeres were the game accruate colors and the SDCC set had vac metal parts to make it look better. then i wouldnt feel so angry about missing out
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:20 pm

grimdragon2001 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

i disagree, the paint is the reason everyone wants the SDCC version over the retail. at least thats the only reason i wanted it so badly. hasbro made an SDCC exclusive the only way to get Bruticus in the correct colors. sad truth is, the paint is EVERYTHING for this set. there is no difference in the mold, no special weapon or bonus accessory. just the paint job that should have been on the retail versions

whould have been better if the retail figeres were the game accruate colors and the SDCC set had vac metal parts to make it look better. then i wouldnt feel so angry about missing out

I was talking about difference in cost. There's no way a different paint scheme, unless it was 24k gold or platinum, could cause a $40 price difference. They made 1000 or less SDCC Bruticus but store exclusives have to be 5000+ units. THAT can cause a $40 price difference.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby JackStraw » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:14 am

Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
I was lucky enough to get a CJ, but I had a few other things in my “cart” and when I finally got done with pay pal they were sold out. The worst part was that I couldn’t check out for the items that were still in stock until I kept clicking back in order to remove the sold out ones, which caused a delay and then another item was sold out. Horrible.

I wonder how many they made of each of these, and how they got to that number. I wonder what % are on ebay. There seems to be well over 100 CJs on there now, so is that less than 1%, 10%, 20%? This is America and I support peoples freedoms, but scalping is illegal…what is the difference between reselling something to make a buck back for your troubles, and scalping? I honestly don’t know.

From Hasbros standpoint, there may be some niche fans complaining on a forum but the way they see it, they put a bunch of special product on the site and it all sold out right away…”Great Success!”. Someone said early “They don’t care”…which is partially true, they don’t care what people say or bitch about, a lot of folks have been saying Hasbro is starting to listen to collectors….few Bees at SDCC, new reveals etc…but what they are really listening to is the bottom line. If people buy, everything is as it should be…when sales slow…time to make a change. So people can bitch online all they want, but the only time they hear us is when we speak with our wallets…. or don’t.
JackStraw
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby ZenPrime » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:33 am

ITEMS BACK IN STOCK! GOT MINE!
ZenPrime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 23

Postby SLUGSLINGER81 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:33 am

Motto: ""If you can't find a way, make a way""
Weapon: Slingshot
Bruticus, Hiss and the others are back in stock!!!!!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
SLUGSLINGER81
Minibot
Strength: 9
Speed: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby jbellanca » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:35 am

Back in stock! Just got my Bruticus!!!
jbellanca
Mini-Con
Buy from jbellanca on eBay

Postby MeGrimlock! » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:48 am

Well, that didn't take long. Hiss Tank and Bruticus are sold out again; but CJ is still on there for the time being. Just ordered mine. :grin: I wonder if Hasbro is just planning on trickling out a set amount of these per day until they run out. :-?
MeGrimlock!
Mini-Con
Watch MeGrimlock! on YouTube
Buy from MeGrimlock! on eBay

Postby datguy86 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:58 am

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
So I had a huge rant and now it's pointless.

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Postby xyl360 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:22 am

ZenPrime wrote:ITEMS BACK IN STOCK! GOT MINE!

Excellent, just like last year with SDCC Optimus. He sold out several times and came back instock several times.

I bet it comes back instock yet again at least once or twice.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

xyl360
City Commander

Postby Nemesis Destron » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:45 am

I heard that!! If anyone sees this please let the rest of us know... :PRAY: :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt

Postby Cybershark » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:37 am

What a load of crap, I got the CJ, but the others were gone within minutes AGAIN!!! Jesus, must be people with programs or freaks sitting at there pcs all damn day, RIDICULOUS!! Yes, Im talking to 90% of the people on here,lol!!
Cybershark
Micromaster

Postby xyl360 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Cybershark wrote:What a load of crap, I got the CJ, but the others were gone within minutes AGAIN!!! Jesus, must be people with programs or freaks sitting at there pcs all damn day, RIDICULOUS!! Yes, Im talking to 90% of the people on here,lol!!

My guess is that Hasbro doesn't actually put that many of them up at a time to try and avoid a massive flood of orders and traffic (protecting their servers and making sure they have enough inventory etc.).

That's the only reasonable explanation as to why it sold out so quickly yesterday when they first went up and why they again sold out so quickly when it came back. Any reasonable number of units would not possibly sell out in the span of mere minutes the way these have been doing.

xyl360
City Commander

Postby rpetras » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Well, I got CJ at least.

I'll keep trying for HISS and/or bruticus
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7

Postby LiKwid » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
CJ is still up but you can bet a million nerds and "their programs" are f5'ing the Bruticus page..your going to have to be quicker than a hiccup to snag it now.

HTS is going through and cancelling funny looking orders to try and keep it to 1 per address, that's why is keeps going to in stock and back to out of stock..
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby cybertornman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 pm

wtf...my Bruticus and HISS Tank from yesterday got cancelled. I had ordered them separately from the other items, so I could put it on a different credit card. And they cancelled the order saying I had multiple orders. When I called in they said it was their mistake and they said next time the 2 items come in stock I will get first priority and they will call me to let me know they r available. Which I know is a big baloney because the 2 items dont last more than 5 mins even if they come in stock and by the time they get my info and call me, it will be OOS.I am so pissed now. I was feeling so happy yesterday that I got everything I wanted, and HTS found a way to screw it up for me!!
cybertornman
Mini-Con

Postby SLUGSLINGER81 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Motto: ""If you can't find a way, make a way""
Weapon: Slingshot
...seems like Ebay just got flooded with a crapload of the SDCC Hasbro exclusives that sold out in the last few hours... >:oP
SLUGSLINGER81
Minibot
Speed: 10+
Courage: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #4 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231487 4C (CA) Reilly"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics SEP221734 3RI (CA) Qualano 230103A"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JAN231644 1A (CA) Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZD 1:15 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249146 3ZD (CA) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #4 Cvr D 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 JUN231479 4D Williams II"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics FEB230375 3B (CA)Balboni"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #127 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 Ninja Turtles JAN220483 127RI (CA) Cullum"
TMNT #127 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr Z 1:100 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230229 1Z (CA) Lee + Chung"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics JUL231102 1A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT JENNIKA II #1 (of 6) RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 Ninja Turtles 1RI SEP200445"
TMNT JENNIKA II #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr H 1:50 Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230394 4H (CA) Darboe"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #1 Cvr E RI 1:25 IDW Comics JAN231648 1E Sakai"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #143 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUL231250 143A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #143 Cvr A ID ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON