This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Masterforce galleries: Godmaster Overlord with Giga and Mega

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:09 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
quickmixed wrote:Yeah, I remember seeing the pics from the flood. Very fortunate you were able to salvage a few prized items. I notice that the Victory galleries are missing Greatshot :-? In the pipeline perhaps?

We're probably going to get a gallery of Greatshot sooner than I had desired. I wanted to do Sixshot, Quickswitch, Sixknight and Greatshot's galleries all at the same time. I own all four. Sixknight's stickers are very worn and I've been having trouble finding either a replacement or new stickers. Quickswitch's stickers don't work for Sixknight because there are some color differences.

With the reissue Sixshot coming out though, I might do Greatshot's gallery at that time so that I only have to transform all 3 of them once, instead of having to do them again at a later date.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:54 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:I did a few cheats with the group shots just because I didn't think I'd ever do a group shot like that again, especially now that all of the big dogs in the "Masterforce" group shot are put back in their boxes in storage.

Siren filled in for Go Shooter and Doubledealer filled in for Doubleclouder. The Firecons and Sparkabots are the US versions as well. The rest are the same regardless if it's Takara or Hasbro. Oddly enough, I ended up with a Go Shooter about two weeks after I completed that group shot. Oh well!
To be fair, you could probably get away with Doubledealer and the Firecons standing in for Doubleclouder and the (Destron) Sparkdash since their cartoon models used the color schemes of the Hasbro toys instead of the Takara toys. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:31 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I did a few cheats with the group shots just because I didn't think I'd ever do a group shot like that again, especially now that all of the big dogs in the "Masterforce" group shot are put back in their boxes in storage.

Siren filled in for Go Shooter and Doubledealer filled in for Doubleclouder. The Firecons and Sparkabots are the US versions as well. The rest are the same regardless if it's Takara or Hasbro. Oddly enough, I ended up with a Go Shooter about two weeks after I completed that group shot. Oh well!
To be fair, you could probably get away with Doubledealer and the Firecons standing in for Doubleclouder and the (Destron) Sparkdash since their cartoon models used the color schemes of the Hasbro toys instead of the Takara toys. ;)

Yes indeed which is why I was comfortable doing that. :D
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby itc128 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:20 pm

alldarker wrote:
itc128 wrote:Luckily I managed to pick up Overlord in the UK as G1 was on its last legs. My toy is in pretty good shape ... although it suffers from droopy wings!

Does anyone know of a method of correcting this? I know how to fix loose ball joints using the nail polish method .. but I am guessing that fixing my figure's problem will require a bit more brute force (a scary idea for a valuable collectible!!)

Droopy wings (and rudders) are a very common issue with Overlord, due to the fact that the tabs in the engines, that should supply the counter-force necessary to keep up those wings, are poorly designed and crack very easily with normal use (due to that pressure from the wings when they are folded).
I had this problem with my European Overlord: most of the tabs for the wings and rudders had cracked and one had simply broken off. Shown below are the rudders and the broken tab on the left rudder (the right one has cracked): this same problem also exists in the main (black) wings, but these are less visible in the pictures (excuses for the poor lighting).
Image Image

I quickly found out that glueing the tabs back on wasn't a permanent solution. So what I did first was to detach the engines, by unscrewing the two halves (be careful, because there is a weak spring in there for the ratcheting arms).
Next, I took off the wings by carefully pulling out the long pins (they seem to be relatively easy to push/pull out on most Overlords). Then, I added a couple of layers of tape in the slot where the wing-pins run through. You should add just enough tape so that the friction between the slot and the pin becomes enough to hold up the wing, once you've put everything together again (which is what you do next).
I guarantee that no brute force is necessary for this fix, and taking Overlord apart and putting him back together again is easy if you have had a little experience with fixing G1 TF's. The fix is also completely reversible if you want to undo it.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. I'll give your fix a try. Good to know in advance that I can't do too much damage ... and I'll keep an eye out for the spring :D
itc128
Mini-Con

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWIND + SMOKEJUMPER Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Ultra 2004 240109A"
NEW!
DREADWIND + SMOKEJ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MM-10 DRIFT Transformers Armada Micron Legends X-Dimension Race Takara 2002"
NEW!
MM-10 DRIFT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
NEW!
JETFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EVAC Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete Hasbro 2005 230719A"
NEW!
EVAC Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
NEW!
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SEA MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
NEW!
SEA MINI-CON TEAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIGNAL FLARE Transformers Energon Class complete Hasbro 2004 230427A"
SIGNAL FLARE Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKILLZ PUNK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro Game Cartridge"
SKILLZ PUNK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERHAUL Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s9d7 2005 231102A"
NEW!
OVERHAUL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHT ATTACK MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
NEW!
NIGHT ATTACK MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIRAGE GT Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Mega Basic complete 2002 230821A"
NEW!
MIRAGE GT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Food Premium 2002 211006A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON