Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby RhA » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Skywarp64 wrote:I'll admit the new headsculpt is a bit BRILLIANT, but the rest of him is an Energon mold. :evil:


New headsculpt? Isn't that just the 2.0 version we've already had 8 years ago?

Holy crap, Energon was 8 years ago!
Image
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4388
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
RhA wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:I'll admit the new headsculpt is a bit BRILLIANT, but the rest of him is an Energon mold. :evil:


New headsculpt? Isn't that just the 2.0 version we've already had 8 years ago?

Holy crap, Energon was 8 years ago!


Nope, the original Energon mold was a Headmaster, remember?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15025
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby RhA » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RhA wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:I'll admit the new headsculpt is a bit BRILLIANT, but the rest of him is an Energon mold. :evil:


New headsculpt? Isn't that just the 2.0 version we've already had 8 years ago?

Holy crap, Energon was 8 years ago!


Nope, the original Energon mold was a Headmaster, remember?


I thought he meant Prime.
Image
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4388
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby jaws » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:01 pm

I want that OS, never had the original back in the '80s when I was a kid. He would look cool in my collection, might even put DOTM BB that has the "fly omega supreme" logo next to him. DOTM Ark, DOTM Leader BB accessory, DOTM Starscream spaceship all would look pretty neat displayed with him as well as Primus. Hopefully Amazon gets and does that crazy price drop like Jetwing OP.
jaws
Pretender
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:36 pm

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
RhA wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RhA wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:I'll admit the new headsculpt is a bit BRILLIANT, but the rest of him is an Energon mold. :evil:


New headsculpt? Isn't that just the 2.0 version we've already had 8 years ago?

Holy crap, Energon was 8 years ago!


Nope, the original Energon mold was a Headmaster, remember?


I thought he meant Prime.


In any case, Omega's the one with the new head. Prime's head is the later variant with the closed mouthplate.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower & Wedge
3) Energon Sledge, Duststorm, Bonecrusher & Wideload
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15025
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby Manterax Prime » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Skywarp64 wrote:I'll admit the new headsculpt is a bit BRILLIANT, but the rest of him is an Energon mold. :evil:



Seems not a lot of peple want Prime. Oh well, more for me!:twisted:

and as one other said already, all of him is the energon mold.

Also, Energon Prime a headmaster? No, that was Omega Supreme.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
User avatar
Manterax Prime
Pretender
Posts: 760
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:44 pm
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I am SO glad that it's the mouthplated version.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18019
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby Sinnertwin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 am

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
I would have preferred if the YOTS logo was a bit more discreet, say on his right shoulder as opposed to his sigil. Still, very tempted to add to my PoL
Image
Sinnertwin
Combiner
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 am

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby Skywarp64 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
RhA wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:I'll admit the new headsculpt is a bit BRILLIANT, but the rest of him is an Energon mold. :evil:


New headsculpt? Isn't that just the 2.0 version we've already had 8 years ago?

Holy crap, Energon was 8 years ago!


Apologies, I misspoke. I said "headsculpt" when I meant to say "head DECO". #-o
PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
  • Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's wings
  • Animated Rodimus Minor
  • G1 Optimus Prime's left arm, preferably with the long smokestack

Thank you.

-----------------
Image
#TillAllAreOne
User avatar
Skywarp64
Godmaster
Posts: 1561
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Watch Skywarp64 on YouTube
Buy from Skywarp64 on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 1

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby Skywarp64 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Va'al wrote:Well, the final result will look something like this:

Image

So I guess the first robot mode is passable.


Hang on, now I'm confused. That pic depicts Optimus having a mouth. So which mold is it, mouthplate or mouth? :???:
PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
  • Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's wings
  • Animated Rodimus Minor
  • G1 Optimus Prime's left arm, preferably with the long smokestack

Thank you.

-----------------
Image
#TillAllAreOne
User avatar
Skywarp64
Godmaster
Posts: 1561
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Watch Skywarp64 on YouTube
Buy from Skywarp64 on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 1

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Skywarp64 wrote:Hang on, now I'm confused. That pic depicts Optimus having a mouth. So which mold is it, mouthplate or mouth? :???:
The reason that image has a mouth (and flat insides of the chest windows) is because its a stock photo.

The final product is the mouthplated version with the segmented chest window insides.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18019
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: In-Box Pictures of Year of the Snake Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme

Postby Skywarp64 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
Skywarp64 wrote:Hang on, now I'm confused. That pic depicts Optimus having a mouth. So which mold is it, mouthplate or mouth? :???:
The reason that image has a mouth (and flat insides of the chest windows) is because its a stock photo.

The final product is the mouthplated version with the segmented chest window insides.


That being the case, this may just be worth selling my Thunder Megazord for.
PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
  • Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's wings
  • Animated Rodimus Minor
  • G1 Optimus Prime's left arm, preferably with the long smokestack

Thank you.

-----------------
Image
#TillAllAreOne
User avatar
Skywarp64
Godmaster
Posts: 1561
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Watch Skywarp64 on YouTube
Buy from Skywarp64 on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 1

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014