This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters World Premiere Screening

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters World Premiere Screening

Postby RAcast » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
njb902 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
njb902 wrote:The ending to beast wars was awesome.

Except for when a bunch of characters were dumped like bags of garbage. Tigerhawk, Depth Charge, Rampage, Inferno, Quickstrike...

except for when they were, which was awesome.

And it added to the tension! With the death toll mounting so quickly, you KNEW the end was coming, and coming fast.

Also, how else was Depth Charge and Rampage's conflict supposed to end? There was only one end for it, and it was both amazing and saddening...

"Raw energon...right through your twisted spark! Take it! Take it straight to the PIT, you sickening piece of slaag!"
"AHAHAHAHAH!" :PREDACON:
Last edited by RAcast on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
RAcast
City Commander
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby njb902 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:56 pm

RAcast wrote:
njb902 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
njb902 wrote:The ending to beast wars was awesome.

Except for when a bunch of characters were dumped like bags of garbage. Tigerhawk, Depth Charge, Rampage, Inferno, Quickstrike...

except for when they were, which was awesome.

And it added to the tension! With the death toll mounting so quickly, you KNEW the end was coming, and coming fast.

Also, how else was Depth Charge and Rampage's conflict supposed to end? There was only one end for it, and it was both amazing and saddening... AHAHAHAHAH! :PREDACON:

Bingo.
njb902
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
RAcast wrote:And it added to the tension! With the death toll mounting so quickly, you KNEW the end was coming, and coming fast.

Yeah, but then we got Tigerhawk...who in the long run didn't even need to be revived in the first place other than to sell a toy.

Also, how else was Depth Charge and Rampage's conflict supposed to end? There was only one end for it, and it was both amazing and saddening... AHAHAHAHAH! :PREDACON:

They handled the conflict okay, but individually I would have liked to see more development from both of them.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
RAcast wrote:"Raw energon...right through your twisted spark! Take it! Take it straight to the PIT, you sickening piece of slaag!"
"AHAHAHAHAH!" :PREDACON:

I loved that scene! I mean, yeah, I was sad that Depth Charge had died, but Rampage relishing it...

It was so sickeningly awesome. Even in death, Rampage would have the last laugh! :PREDACON:
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Firepower: 10+

Postby SaTaN CoNvOy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Motto: "I may be a square but I have sharp corners...."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Rhinox23 wrote:
Henry921 wrote:Full tale told... like hell. You're just saying what Hasbro needs you to.

I don't blame you for following their edicts... I just wish the ride could've lasted longer. :-(

A LOT longer.

I completely agree. I find it difficult to believe that they can introduce new characters, introduce a new factions and tie up all other parts of the story in just 13 episodes. At least, not in a satisfying way as Kline stated. I really hope I'm wrong though. I for one, have especially enjoyed this series and will be sad to see it go.

I know I'm spoiled from Beast Wars, Beast Machines and now Prime, but I am partial to the CGI animations. To me, this type of rendering fits with Transformers more than regular animation. That's why, despite really enjoying the story and plot lines in Animated, I can't love it the way I have these. It's personal preference, but I just hope the next show is CGI as well. Maybe they learned how to be more efficient or maybe there's new technology that can cut costs and still get a great CGI show.

season 3 of Beast Wars had only 13 episodes and had introduced new characters and new molds. And lets not go on about how many episodes there was of beast machines.
Big McIntosh walked away from the shed on the farm where this took place. He cleaned himself up, said yyyyyyyyyyyyyup, and walked off, ready to buck some apples.

SaTaN CoNvOy
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: N/A
Endurance: Infinity
Skill: ???

Postby RAcast » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:34 pm

SaTaN CoNvOy wrote:season 3 of Beast Wars had only 13 episodes and had introduced new characters and new molds. And lets not go on about how many episodes there was of beast machines.

It's very easy to pack a lot into just a little space, but the problem is that they really haven't done that with Prime, not consistently at least.
Old fasioned games!
RAcast
City Commander

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
RAcast wrote:
SaTaN CoNvOy wrote:season 3 of Beast Wars had only 13 episodes and had introduced new characters and new molds. And lets not go on about how many episodes there was of beast machines.

It's very easy to pack a lot into just a little space, but the problem is that they really haven't done that with Prime, not consistently at least.

Well, to be honest, only about half of season 2s episodes really had BIG impact on the story. Roughly, anyway. Would I be correct with in my thinking, pr is my memory somewhat faded?
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5

Postby RAcast » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
RAcast wrote:

Well, to be honest, only about half of season 2s episodes really had BIG impact on the story. Roughly, anyway. Would I be correct with in my thinking, pr is my memory somewhat faded?

You'd be right, which is my point. ;)
Old fasioned games!
RAcast
City Commander

Postby Henry921 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
RAcast wrote:

But what Season 2 absolutely did right was foreshadowing. Megs got the Forge of Solus Prime in Episode 5, and then it became kind of a big deal in episode 21. Starscream's clones showed up in episode 10, and the last one was his ace in the hole in episode 22. The show used its continuity brilliantly.

Based on how many new characters they have to introduce and spotlight, I'm concerned it'll feel rushed, in much the same way the third season of Beast Wars did, blasting right from "Megatron gets an awesome new dragon mode" to "OMG TIGERHAWK BUY THE TOY" in the space of one episode.
Henry921
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #2 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 2A AUG190762 (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM345 4D (CA) Greene"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915A"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM893 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight CLIFFJUMPER RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 (CA) Coller 231208C"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210678 32A (CA) Schoening (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS ONE-SHOT Sub Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Griffith 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP200484 25B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #25 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON