Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby darockk » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:25 pm

Do you live in Australia?

Do you have a valid permit to own Masterpiece Megatron Mp-05?

If so, feel free to pick up my Megatron Masterpiece from customs.

why do you ask?

I cannot legally own this toy due to the prohibition of it in my State (ACT)

I have been told there is no way for me to get the megatron out of customs as it is a prohibited item in my state.

Funnily enough i managed to get a permit to own it from NSW police, but when i tried to pick it up they realised i lived in ACT and so my permit was useless.

The item is currently sitting in ACT customs office.

First in best dressed. :wink:
darockk
Mini-Con
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Repair Bay » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:02 pm

Damn, now I'm gonna have to fly to Australia.
Latest Acquisition:
#307 - G1 Sparkstalker
#306 - G1 Wide Load
#305 - G1 Erector
#304 - Movie Landmine
Image
Image
Repair Bay
Vehicon
Posts: 389
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:13 pm
Location: Brick, NJ

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Bumblethumper » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:18 pm

That's a cryin' shame!

What're the gun laws like down there?
Image
Bumblethumper
Brainmaster
Posts: 1342
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Saber Prime » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:22 pm

Is there any way you can have it shiped to the US? I'll pay the Shipping and handleing!
Image
Saber Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3239
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:03 pm

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Burn » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Bumblethumper wrote:What're the gun laws like down there?


There's minor variances from state to state but for the most parts all weapons require you to hold a gun license. This extends to replica firearms as well and Customs deemed MP Megatron to be a replice firearm (despite him not being in scale)
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37718
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:21 pm

Weapon: Sword
and I thought the US was bad.
Lapse Of Reason
City Commander
Posts: 3741
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Bethel, CT
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby darockk » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:21 pm

sorry, i cant send it anywhere as i dont have an export permit to do so, else i would have gotten a refund from the seller i bought it from.
darockk
Mini-Con
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby It Is Him » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:17 am

The moderator i_amtrunks is australian (I think?). I'd send him a message, he might be able to help you out
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

Image
BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
User avatar
It Is Him
City Commander
Posts: 3041
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby olokin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:19 am

Your gun laws are pretty stringent. Is there no hope you'll be able to get your MP Megatron?
User avatar
olokin
Faction Commander
Posts: 4505
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:12 am

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby darockk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:50 am

the only way ill be able to legally own him would be to move to a state where it is legal. Of course i could always buy him off someone in australia illegally but it would be at a premium price (such as $500US)
darockk
Mini-Con
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby neliz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:02 am

Lapse Of Reason wrote:and I thought the US was bad.


Hahaha. no, the US is the other way around, you can buy a gun, but not a MP-5.
Image
All in a friendly way of course!

Million XP Club Member
User avatar
neliz
Godmaster
Posts: 1784
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MSI HQ

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Do you know anyone that lives nearby in Goulburn or such that can pick it up for you then drive it across the "border" for you?

I find it odd that NSW permits do not apply in the ACT.

However this site:
http://www.megatron.net.au/

May be able to help you, if not, contact them and see if they can tell you exactly what you need to get it out of ACT Customs.

Goodluck.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
Image
User avatar
i_amtrunks
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10694
News Credits: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:31 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby darockk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:15 pm

hi mate, yep i've seen Tiby's club site. That's basically where the problem started from, as I followed all of the instructions on that site and was granted a valid permit to own MP-05 from NSW firearms, along with a letter saying that I just have to call up customs (Sydney, where the item was held) to organise to pick it up.

Because I was in Canberra, they sent the item down to the ACT customs office. When I called to confirm it had arrived there, they must have checked my permit number during that time and then said to me that it was a NSW permit and not valid in ACT. They said i need a permit issued by ACT firearms registry.

After speaking to numerous people in ACT firearms registry they said there is NO WAY they are apparoving a permit for MP-05, as it is prohibited in ACT. Different rules for different states.

I probably could get someone from Queanbeyan (NSW, 20 minutes away) to pick it up, but this person needs to have a permit to own Megatron. Now seeing that it took me more than 4 months to get mine NSW permit, it sounds like too much trouble, hence why I asking someone from these boards who already ahs a permit to get the item instead.

I should make it clear, this person gets to keep the item FOR FREE. They may need to check up on what paper work is need to collect an item not in their name. But i am not expecting any money for this item, as it is illegal for me to sell it.

This whole incident has really put a sour taste in my mouth and im ready to just give up collecting transformers altogether if i cant even own MP-05, an essential additional to anyone's collection.
darockk
Mini-Con
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:22 pm

I've been in alot of these discusions, even offered to do some smuggling, and yeah this just proves how rediculiously strick AUS is on gunlaws.

A 8 year old with a crocodile show, SURE!

A well detailed but unrealistic gun toy ARE YOU MAD, PEOPLE CAN'T ACTUALY GET HURT BY THAT!

FlameThrowers for 5yr olds, just putting it out there for any potential go getters...
Image

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6738
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:45 am

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:30 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:A well detailed but unrealistic gun toy ARE YOU MAD, PEOPLE CAN'T ACTUALY GET HURT BY THAT!


Yet if someone were to walk into a shop and wave it at the worker, said worker would shit themselves and not realise that it wasn't a real gun.

Sure, SOME people might realise it, but the majority wouldn't.

Doesn't help that the original G1 Megatron was used a number of times during hold-ups back in the 80's.

And it also doesn't help that we had an idiot go on a wild shooting spree (and got the record for it too) which left the government no choice BUT to introduce these strict gun laws we have now.

Do I disagree with these gun laws? Absoloutely not. I support them 100%.

I do however wish exceptions could be made for MP Megatron.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37718
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Look, I agree with gun laws 100% myself. I live in a shooting heavy area, and yeah, gun control is important!

However, this particular puppy can not pass for a real gun. It's gigantic, and the barrel doesn't even line up right.

Classics Megatron or some crap cap gun from a drug store toy isle would be more threatening.

My whole point on this topic, even though I live in the US is simply, if you can buy those, why not this?

That is why when it was still easy to get this unmodified I was offering to do some smuggling, and since one of my friends in Taiwan just finished his stint in the army, I may be willing to do so again!
Image

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6738
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:45 am

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:49 pm

Burn wrote:I do however wish exceptions could be made for MP Megatron.


And one would think with him being the size he is, he would get them.

Darockk, you may want to try listing this in an Australian based board, like http://www.otca.com.au/boards/index.php or http://www.theyareamongus.com/, as we don't get too many Aussie based visitors to Seibertron.

Signing up is free and (relatively) easy to both, otca requires you to answer some tf related questions to make sure you arent a spam bot, and if you join taau, let me know so I can tell the mod to activate your account!

I'm sure you'd be able to find someone who would be able to get the figure and then post it to you or something.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
Image
User avatar
i_amtrunks
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10694
News Credits: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:31 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:However, this particular puppy can not pass for a real gun. It's gigantic, and the barrel doesn't even line up right.


As I said, if someone were to use it in a hold-up you'd probably find the majority of people would be panicking too much to notice that it's over-sized.

Heck, how many people would have probably seen or held a real gun to know the difference?

i_amtrunks wrote:and if you join taau, let me know so I can tell the mod to activate your account!


That's only required if he doesn't have a Australian ISP based email address.

So if you do have an Australian based ISP email address Darockk, use it to register at TAAU. It's something Stephen implemented to ensure those joining ARE Australian (as he wants to keep it an Australian only board). Don't worry, he won't use it to sell to spam sites. :P

But if you don't have a Australian ISP based email addy then yeah, trunks or myself can talk to Stephen for you.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37718
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Bumblethumper » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:33 pm

neliz wrote:
Lapse Of Reason wrote:and I thought the US was bad.


Hahaha. no, the US is the other way around, you can buy a gun, but not a MP-5.


I guess the only condolence here is that at least the Australian gun laws are consistent.

I heard about a nearby post office that recently got held up by a guy with some sort of replica gun. The woman in the post office called him out on his fake weapon and he ran off empty handed.

It's true that you probably could hold up some places with a toy gun, but at least no one can get hurt.
Image
Bumblethumper
Brainmaster
Posts: 1342
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Burn wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:However, this particular puppy can not pass for a real gun. It's gigantic, and the barrel doesn't even line up right.


As I said, if someone were to use it in a hold-up you'd probably find the majority of people would be panicking too much to notice that it's over-sized.
.


Again, I live a block outside of The Bricks(so happy they got tore down). I can tell you first hand, in the amount of time it actualy takes to hold someone up...

The initial push, the demand, the hurry up...

You'd be abile to tell that a lopsided barrel is not much of a threat, and a finger that can barely reach a trigger is even less of one.

Now, back to my point, if you can score something for $2.99 at a drug store no problem that would pass much better, why would you spent $100+ to have something imported to use for a fake hiest :???:

Hell I can get you a real preowned gun for less, not that I would. I'm more of a knife guy.

When you break it down, it's realy an issue of comon sense. Outlaw one, then you better outlaw them all, for no other reason but the same.
Image

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6738
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:45 am

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Just curious, but what if MP Megs was shipped out of the box while in robot mode? Would they still recognise him and keep him in custody?
Gauntlet101010
City Commander
Posts: 3766
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Burn » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:54 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:Again, I live a block outside of The Bricks(so happy they got tore down). I can tell you first hand, in the amount of time it actualy takes to hold someone up...

The initial push, the demand, the hurry up...

You'd be abile to tell that a lopsided barrel is not much of a threat, and a finger that can barely reach a trigger is even less of one.


Yeah, okay, you're experienced. But what about an inexperienced person? What about the little 70 year old lady walking down the street? Is she going to stop and say "hey! That's a fake gun you've got! You can't have my purse!" Hell no! She's going to see someone waving a gun at her!

Now, back to my point, if you can score something for $2.99 at a drug store no problem that would pass much better, why would you spent $100+ to have something imported to use for a fake hiest :???:


See my above point. Not everyone has experiences with hand guns. They could easily mistake MP Megatron for a real gun if they have no idea what a real gun is like.

When you break it down, it's realy an issue of comon sense. Outlaw one, then you better outlaw them all, for no other reason but the same.


I wouldn't doubt for an instant that it's been brought up by the Australian Government. But considering the drop in crimes involving guns they probably feel they've done enough.

Mind you, we've had a subsequent rise in crimes involving knives. :P
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37718
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Bumblethumper » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:06 pm

Burn wrote:Mind you, we've had a subsequent rise in crimes involving knives. :P


:)
knives = more dangerous than fake guns.
Image
Bumblethumper
Brainmaster
Posts: 1342
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:17 pm

Burn wrote:
Mind you, we've had a subsequent rise in crimes involving knives. :P


That's not a knife, that's a spoon! :P

Personally I think the gun amnesty worked wonders, but I would like to see the gun laws tightened for $2 shop toy guns too.

I have not found any information that can help you out yet darockk, this is bothering me greatly, but apparently, the laws are the same in SA, where you actually cannot get MP05, member of the Megatron club or no...
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
Image
User avatar
i_amtrunks
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10694
News Credits: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:31 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: FREE Masterpiece Megatron MP-05

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:29 pm

Burn wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:Again, I live a block outside of The Bricks(so happy they got tore down). I can tell you first hand, in the amount of time it actualy takes to hold someone up...

The initial push, the demand, the hurry up...

You'd be abile to tell that a lopsided barrel is not much of a threat, and a finger that can barely reach a trigger is even less of one.


Yeah, okay, you're experienced. But what about an inexperienced person? What about the little 70 year old lady walking down the street? Is she going to stop and say "hey! That's a fake gun you've got! You can't have my purse!" Hell no! She's going to see someone waving a gun at her!

Now, back to my point, if you can score something for $2.99 at a drug store no problem that would pass much better, why would you spent $100+ to have something imported to use for a fake hiest :???:


See my above point. Not everyone has experiences with hand guns. They could easily mistake MP Megatron for a real gun if they have no idea what a real gun is like.

When you break it down, it's realy an issue of comon sense. Outlaw one, then you better outlaw them all, for no other reason but the same.


I wouldn't doubt for an instant that it's been brought up by the Australian Government. But considering the drop in crimes involving guns they probably feel they've done enough.

Mind you, we've had a subsequent rise in crimes involving knives. :P


Hey, guess who got most Americans into large knives?

One guy was John Rambo, the other was...,

Well this aint about that.

You mention a 70 year old lady, thats quite a leap from a store clerk like you've been mentioning.

Still I posted this in another thread that you were making this argument in and it's to much work to have go to waste so he it is again...

Liege Evilmus wrote:Just for kicks on how tough clerks are...


Bet this guy brought a MP Megatron...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiNPKcNpLNk

See now this one starts with simple comon sense, but I bet in the end a MP Megatron would have helped...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSPQKwEJcn4&NR=1

Oh My Goodness, a real gun vs a well placed stick...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZRf4GIw0w&NR=1

And even without a weapon vs a real agressive hold up, there is no panic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eyjjaw1KrM&NR=1

I can go on, but basicly in the end, this is not a scare tactic weapon, especialy at the 100+ import price.



Hell, even your 70 yr old lady who survived 2 World Wars, saw Vietnam, the Gulf skirmishes, and then some, would be able to tell you this thing is bunk as a weapon :P
Attachments
r_mp5megatron280.jpg
r_mp5megatron280.jpg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 402 times
Image

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6738
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:45 am

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014