Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF's, Animated Jazz

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Jaw Crusher » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:55 pm

1337W422102 wrote:
Sledge wrote:Transformers fans: easily the least grateful people on Earth.

Transformers fans: expected to blindly accept mediocrity.


:roll:
I got yer new Captain America right here!
Image

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jaw Crusher
Brainmaster
Posts: 1354
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 1:14 pm
Location: Shelby, IA USA

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:00 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Well, since he's a Deluxe, that means he's the perfect size to fight Titaniums Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16255
News Credits: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Gattai Da » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Bloody hell. Ultra Powerglide, with deluxe Galvatron? How's that meant to work? Galvatron is meant to be huge, what's the point of a deluxe!? Must be a re-used design...

Yes, Hasbro sure are BUSINESS GENIUSES.

It's like some horrible joke regarding Hasbro's "views" on scale... yet I have no doubt the idiots will come out with some inane unporven defense for it... making both a LARGE and EXTREMELY L

And don't act like they're doing us a favour by giving us "any" G1 Galvatron, it's something a better toy company would have done right years ago. Instead we have the Energon figure, who's a brick, and the deluxe, who's too small to look intimidating next to any other figure.

Why do people keep defending them? Obviously, who ever is in charge of Universe just picks the vehicles he likes best to make Ultras. Octane was bad enough, but come on, Galvatron. I so badly wanted a Galvatron figure but this one is 100% useless to me.

Also, I hear the basic Bumblebee sucks. The deluxe Bumblebee is already meh(I already have one, frustrating Transformation, awkward articulation, horrible plastic colour, though they may fix the last one I doubt it).

Transformers fans: easily the least grateful people on Earth.


GTFO. If they were Toybiz we'd have gotten a Galvatron figure AND it would have been the right size. TF boards are nothing more than cesspools of pointless positivity these days, what you say just aggravates it further. People should be allowed to bitch and should bitch when they make a figure of a character people have wanted done properly for years and make it entirely the wrong scale.

Would you rather people not criticise them form making a 100% stupid decision? Would you rather people not think for themselves and just think what Hasbro wants them to? Because that's mostly what's happening already.

Well, since he's a Deluxe, that means he's the perfect size to fight Titaniums Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus.


Yeah, but this isn't Titaniums. That's the one redeeming feature; but if he'd been a Titanium, we would have gotten a G1-accurate alt mode too and probably a cooler deco.
Gattai Da
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Counterpunch » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Sledge wrote:Transformers fans: easily the least grateful people on Earth.


Excuse me?

What am I supposed to be grateful for here? It's not like any criticism of Galvatron's size here is unwarrented.

I suppose you have an excellent reason for why Galvatron is a deluxe sized figure and Powerglide is an Ultra?

I don't have any problem with the bot mode for Galvatron. That looks good. The tank...is bland. Let's face it. I'm not really sure why he's a tank when the cannon would have been perfectly acceptable to do, especially in light of the fact that we got Megatron last year. For as cool as this figure looks, it also fails in some pretty important ways for what it's supposed to be.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15218
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:15 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Counterpunch, Gattai Da, couldn't have put it better myself. :APPLAUSE: You each deserve an internet or two.
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:19 pm

I prefer Deluxe.

Why? Because Ultra's tend to have electronics tossed into them which tends to reduce poseability. Deluxe's have that problem less.

Highly poseable Galvatron opposed to bigger electronic less poseable Galvatron? I'll take the Deluxe thank you.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38113
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Burn wrote:I prefer Deluxe.

Why? Because Ultra's tend to have electronics tossed into them which tends to reduce poseability. Deluxe's have that problem less.

Highly poseable Galvatron opposed to bigger electronic less poseable Galvatron? I'll take the Deluxe thank you.

I agree, but I just hope that that don't mess him up. Those legs don't look so good, at least not in that one picture. Where is his knee??
Image
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
User avatar
1337W422102
God Of Transformers
Posts: 12055
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: in ur base killin ur d00dz
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Craven Knight » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:24 pm

Galvatron looks good, not as good as I expected - Why is he a deluxe?

The pruple is alittle dark and the orange cannon looks bad due to it being clear, a metallic orange would have worked better.

In tank mode the turret design reminds me alot of an early model Israeli Merkava tank, which is cool.

Still a very good looking Deluxe, I'll no doubt buy him ASAP.
User avatar
Craven Knight
Headmaster
Posts: 1075
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:04 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Lycantendencies » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:31 pm

Sledge wrote:Transformers fans: easily the least grateful people on Earth.


In another thread you referred to Megatron as Nerfatron and said how you couldn't bring yourself to buy it.

Is that not being equally ungrateful?

Or is it that, like you don't like Megatron, they don't like Galvatron?

People who having a go at "the fandom" every time someone criticises a figure they love is getting real tired.

Everytime someone tries to belittle another's opinion by playing the fandom card, that personal attack derails a thread about something and turns it into more lame drama.

If you disliked Megatron and are grateful to have a Galvatron to lead your Classics, I respect that.

If someone else dislikes Galvatron, be it because he's a tank or deluxe, I respect that too.

Is that really so hard to do?

On topic:

I'm not a fan of the figure at all.

This is another case where I think an old homage makes a better Classic than the Classic itself.
Last edited by Lycantendencies on Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lycantendencies
Minibot
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 9:31 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Gattai Da » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:33 pm

Counterpunch wrote:
Sledge wrote:Transformers fans: easily the least grateful people on Earth.


Excuse me?

What am I supposed to be grateful for here? It's not like any criticism of Galvatron's size here is unwarrented.

I suppose you have an excellent reason for why Galvatron is a deluxe sized figure and Powerglide is an Ultra?

I don't have any problem with the bot mode for Galvatron. That looks good. The tank...is bland. Let's face it. I'm not really sure why he's a tank when the cannon would have been perfectly acceptable to do, especially in light of the fact that we got Megatron last year. For as cool as this figure looks, it also fails in some pretty important ways for what it's supposed to be.


Hah - looks like your own philosophy came around to bite you in the ass. When you start bitching at n00bs for bitching, this is the kind of person you create. This is why I'm against Hasbro asskissing and BUSINESS.

After all, once you have your own multi-million dollar toy license that was practically handed to you by Takara and Marvel, THEN you'll know why Galvatron is a deluxe. :o)
Last edited by Gattai Da on Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gattai Da
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Counterpunch » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:34 pm

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Burn wrote:I prefer Deluxe.

Why? Because Ultra's tend to have electronics tossed into them which tends to reduce poseability. Deluxe's have that problem less.

Highly poseable Galvatron opposed to bigger electronic less poseable Galvatron? I'll take the Deluxe thank you.


There are valid arguments for Deluxe sized figures.
I won't argue against that.

The question that really bothers me is why Ultra Powerglide and Deluxe Galvatron? Why is Galvatron going to be smaller than Megatron and Prime?
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15218
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Gattai Da » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Burn wrote:I prefer Deluxe.

Why? Because Ultra's tend to have electronics tossed into them which tends to reduce poseability. Deluxe's have that problem less.

Highly poseable Galvatron opposed to bigger electronic less poseable Galvatron? I'll take the Deluxe thank you.



Uhhh, they don't have to. That's just Hasbro's decision. Any electronic Galvy had would most likely be in his enormous cannon barrel.

Also, if he was a deluxe, he should have been the G1 version. Then he would have been good with the Titaniums. But as he is, he doesn't fit in with them at all.
Gattai Da
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Seibertron » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:42 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Working on posting the official Hasbro pictures first of the Transformers line ... then I'll post my pictures later. :)
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23167
News Credits: 733
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Gattai Da » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:42 pm

Guys,

SINCE THIS IS A COLLECTOR ORIENTATED LINE AND EVEN KIDS WILL RECOGNISE GALVATRON IF PEOPLE BITCH ENOUGH THEY MIGHT CHANGE THE SIZE.

If everyone is positive, nothing will happen. Hasbro does indeed browse these kinds of boards, but they'll just see there isn't a problem. Just because you LIKE the figure doesn't mean you have to settle for second best. If we all start a big hub-bub about this, Hasbro might change the scale.

Galvatron NEEDS to be an Ultra. And Powerglide needs to be a deluxe, for that matter... but Galvatron especially.

If anything, it's not Hasbro that's in the wrong most of the time - it's the fans for not taking a united front.
Gattai Da
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Sledge » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:45 pm

Burn wrote:I prefer Deluxe.

Why? Because Ultra's tend to have electronics tossed into them which tends to reduce poseability. Deluxe's have that problem less.

Highly poseable Galvatron opposed to bigger electronic less poseable Galvatron? I'll take the Deluxe thank you.

Bingo. The deluxe and scout size toys have been the most consistantly good sizes in the TF lines since Armada. Compare Galvatron to Blaster and Heavy Load. I know which one I'll be getting ASAP, and which two will be sitting on the shelves until the sales.

I think Hasbro could bring out a life-size, fully transforming, artifically intelligent replica of Optimus Prime for $2.75, and TF fans would still be complaining that it's Matrix didn't actually contain the accumulate wisdom of the Autobot leaders.

Why is Galvatron going to be smaller? Gonna have to ask Hasbro that. To be honest, I'm hard pushed to actually care. It's a G1 Galvatron in the right colours that isn't a repaint of a previous Megatron figure. Works for me. Besides, maybe this Galvatron's character isn't an upgraded Megatron.
Image
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Faction Commander
Posts: 4005
News Credits: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby PrimeSuspect » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Hasbro's failing. Completely. Let's make Supreme Prime, but let's make him look like dog sh*t.

Let's make sure we forget what scale means.

Let's let the Alternators licenses run out.

Let's put out exclusives through Wal-Mart, because Wal-Mart are experts at distribution and stocking.

Let's make Galvatron a Deluxe and a tank. Because we promised a year ago he'd be an Ultra.

Let's make the new Classics line full of more realistic alt modes, and yet in the same damn line, re-release Cybertron figures such as the WHOLLY unrealistic Soundwave mold.

Hell, let's call Cybertron Soundwave Blaster and not even so much as give him a new freaking headsculpt.

Let's disregard our fans' opinions even though they're the only ones that are going to be buying Universe figures.

Oh, and best business decision of the decade, let's delay all of our good lines that will actually make us money for Jungle Bonecrusher. Because kids want a green version of a character who's undeniably f*cking dead.

Let's release all of the toys related to a show 3 months after the show is done playing new episodes.

Let's continue to hold back details until finally the toys are out and no one knows what the Hell they're buying.

Hasbro's not thinking straight. At all. And I think it's stupid that there's a bunch of you out there that will defend their sh*t headed business decisions with your uber logic. Stop stroking Hasbro's ego and please just realize that yes, they're making mistakes. Everyone does.
PrimeSuspect
Fuzor
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:52 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby zemper » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:49 pm

the size discrepancies makes me think of Armada all over again.

but Galvatron's still a shawtie, and despite the good looks, still doesn't give enough of a "Herald of Unicron" vibe. there's also a cavity inside each lower leg, that space could have been fixed if it were an Ultra- or even Voyager-sized figure.



:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1851
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Geekee1 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:51 pm

I must admit that I am disappointed by the size of Galvatron as well. However the figure that we are getting looks tits. If this is what I would have gotten in 1986 I would've done backflips, and I can't do a backflip. Personally I like his tank mode too, it makes sense for this line, and I agree that it does look akin to a Merkava tank.

The only gripe that I have with it is its size, and honestly I've never been too hard on scale with TF's. Look at G1 there's nothing to scale.

And I can give a good reason for Powerglide to be and Ultra and Galvatron to be a deluxe. An A-10 Warthog his 53 feet long, a Merkava tank is 24.5 feet. Some of us may not like it, but for once the scale works out.
Image
Geekee1
Godmaster
Posts: 1563
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:36 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Geekee1 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:53 pm

PrimeSuspect wrote:Hasbro's failing. Completely. Let's make Supreme Prime, but let's make him look like dog sh*t.

Let's make sure we forget what scale means.

Let's let the Alternators licenses run out.

Let's put out exclusives through Wal-Mart, because Wal-Mart are experts at distribution and stocking.

Let's make Galvatron a Deluxe and a tank. Because we promised a year ago he'd be an Ultra.

Let's make the new Classics line full of more realistic alt modes, and yet in the same damn line, re-release Cybertron figures such as the WHOLLY unrealistic Soundwave mold.

Hell, let's call Cybertron Soundwave Blaster and not even so much as give him a new freaking headsculpt.

Let's disregard our fans' opinions even though they're the only ones that are going to be buying Universe figures.

Oh, and best business decision of the decade, let's delay all of our good lines that will actually make us money for Jungle Bonecrusher. Because kids want a green version of a character who's undeniably f*cking dead.

Let's release all of the toys related to a show 3 months after the show is done playing new episodes.

Let's continue to hold back details until finally the toys are out and no one knows what the Hell they're buying.

Hasbro's not thinking straight. At all. And I think it's stupid that there's a bunch of you out there that will defend their sh*t headed business decisions with your uber logic. Stop stroking Hasbro's ego and please just realize that yes, they're making mistakes. Everyone does.


Get back to me next year when the sales figures are in, then we'll talk.
Image
Geekee1
Godmaster
Posts: 1563
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:36 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:55 pm

Counterpunch wrote:The question that really bothers me is why Ultra Powerglide and Deluxe Galvatron? Why is Galvatron going to be smaller than Megatron and Prime?


Maybe they're working on the philosphy that they've released enough electronic Galvatron's so instead they're going for poseability.

Who knows. It is an odd decision that's for sure. I'd much prefer Powerglide as a deluxe as well because no doubt he'll have electronics and his colour scheme is off-putting enough, but his poseability will be limited too (though it is a step up from his original G1 version really)

Gattai Da wrote:Uhhh, they don't have to. That's just Hasbro's decision. Any electronic Galvy had would most likely be in his enormous cannon barrel.


Actually i'd imagine it would be in the whole turret system. Then you'd have wires running for the lights etc etc.

Also, if he was a deluxe, he should have been the G1 version. Then he would have been good with the Titaniums. But as he is, he doesn't fit in with them at all.


Business point of view ... kids will want a tank more than will want a purple futuristic cannon. G1 had the benefit of the movie and season 3 to push the character, Classics doesn't have that benefit.

Oh and weren't you the one just the other day not liking how opinions are forced down throats around here? Now YOU are telling us we should all be negative to force Hasbro to make an Ultra version?

Looking forward to the pics Ryan!
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38113
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby PrimeSuspect » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:57 pm

Geekee1 wrote:
PrimeSuspect wrote:Hasbro's failing. Completely. Let's make Supreme Prime, but let's make him look like dog sh*t.

Let's make sure we forget what scale means.

Let's let the Alternators licenses run out.

Let's put out exclusives through Wal-Mart, because Wal-Mart are experts at distribution and stocking.

Let's make Galvatron a Deluxe and a tank. Because we promised a year ago he'd be an Ultra.

Let's make the new Classics line full of more realistic alt modes, and yet in the same damn line, re-release Cybertron figures such as the WHOLLY unrealistic Soundwave mold.

Hell, let's call Cybertron Soundwave Blaster and not even so much as give him a new freaking headsculpt.

Let's disregard our fans' opinions even though they're the only ones that are going to be buying Universe figures.

Oh, and best business decision of the decade, let's delay all of our good lines that will actually make us money for Jungle Bonecrusher. Because kids want a green version of a character who's undeniably f*cking dead.

Let's release all of the toys related to a show 3 months after the show is done playing new episodes.

Let's continue to hold back details until finally the toys are out and no one knows what the Hell they're buying.

Hasbro's not thinking straight. At all. And I think it's stupid that there's a bunch of you out there that will defend their sh*t headed business decisions with your uber logic. Stop stroking Hasbro's ego and please just realize that yes, they're making mistakes. Everyone does.


Get back to me next year when the sales figures are in, then we'll talk.


Let's pray the Allspark repaint sales suck so that Hasbro has a lesson to learn. Because honestly, if it weren't for the repaints holding EVERYTHING back, I wouldn't be THIS agitated.
PrimeSuspect
Fuzor
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:52 am

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby Sledge » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Lycantendencies wrote:In another thread you referred to Megatron as Nerfatron and said how you couldn't bring yourself to buy it.

Is that not being equally ungrateful?
No, it's me explaining why I didn't buy a figure I looked at carefully and decided didn't work for me. I didn't take one look at a single picture and immediately decide that Hasbro had let down "the fans" (ie: me) by releasing something I didn't like that much.

So why should Galvatron be an Ultra class figure? Based on what? In the cartoon, he was the same size as Prime, so he "should" be a Voyager class to scale with Classics Prime. In the comic, he could be anything from regular-sized to large enough to fistfight Piranacon and Fortress Maximus. His original toy was about as tall as Metroplex. So based on all that, his toy "should" be anything from Voyager to Supreme size.
Image
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Faction Commander
Posts: 4005
News Credits: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby zemper » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:02 pm

on the business end they don't see themselves as failing, but to most fans most of their decisions lack common sense. but i guess that's just the way big companies work.

PrimeSuspect wrote:Hasbro's failing. Completely. Let's make Supreme Prime, but let's make him look like dog sh*t.


well actually they DID try to make it as cartoon-accurate as possible, so if there's someone to blame, it's the cartoon design, not Hasbro don't you think? :wink:

PrimeSuspect wrote:Let's make sure we forget what scale means.


G1 started out the same way too. :lol: but i guess the point there is, Hasbro shoulda learned their lessons well through the years. apparently (to us consumers at least), they didn't.

PrimeSuspect wrote:Oh, and best business decision of the decade, let's delay all of our good lines that will actually make us money for Jungle Bonecrusher. Because kids want a green version of a character who's undeniably f*cking dead.


QFT! :mrgreen: bad business sense, actually. makes me wonder if the board of directors or whoever's in charge at Hasbro is actually paying attention to market research and find out that Bonecrusher's not the most sellable mold. and the colors suck too.

ehh, just love your points man. 8) too bad none of all the talk now will make Hasbro rethink Galvatron's size problem and correct it.



:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1851
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:07 pm

Counterpunch wrote:That Galvatron is weak.

Deluxe sized? The Hell?

My Energon Galvatron is going to beat up on that toy until it learns some respect and grows into a proper Ultra Class figure.



Deluxe...

wtf mate...

wtf...


I'm going to disagree. Once you see him in person, he is awesome. At first when we saw the presentation, we were all like WTF about his size. Then in person, he is just awesome. The size issue dissapeared after seeing him.
Image

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8850
News Credits: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:15 pm

Re: Toy Fair Update! Classics Galvatron, Star Wars + Marvel TF'

Postby toxicity » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Burn wrote:I prefer Deluxe.

Why? Because Ultra's tend to have electronics tossed into them which tends to reduce poseability. Deluxe's have that problem less.

Highly poseable Galvatron opposed to bigger electronic less poseable Galvatron? I'll take the Deluxe thank you.


:APPLAUSE:

I mean sure, the size will take a bit of getting used to, but in the end, leaders don't always need to be taller than their troops do they?

and plus, I've always preferred deluxes. Personally, I just find more playability in the size. and the nice price point doesn't take away from it either :P
toxicity
Vehicon
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014