This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New TF Universe Darkwind and Countdown in box images!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New TF Universe Darkwind and Countdown in box images!

Postby MagnusPrimal » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Darkwing/Darkwind looks great. Bought.

Countdown is a possibility.
MagnusPrimal
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 3

Postby typh0id » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:01 pm

I don't think Darkwind looks bad per se...But I really can't stand that mold...

Countdown, however, I think is an absolutely brilliant use of that mold...I'm sold...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:54 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Darkwind is a pass for me. Wasn't too impressed with this mold to begin with.

Happy to see the CD Red Alert getting this repaint though. It's actually better than the original. Disappointed that this is a TRU-exclusive, though. Wal-Mart or Target would have been preferable to me.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Nickolai » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:42 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Rofl, Darkwind's bio is hilarious. He's EMO-CON.

Freedom is the right of all sentient MISBeings.
Nickolai
Headmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Postby DMSL » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:50 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I hate repaints so big pass for me.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby frogbat » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
i don't like repaints either especially when they're this size (i can put up with voyagers such as the seekers and some autobots...) especially when it purports to be a very expensive year what with 3 separate lines of tfs, reissues and MP grimlock coming out.

i must admit that the colour schemes are pretty good and countdown is an interesting choice (and the box art robot is excellent). Was wondering if they'd use that mould for a g1 doubledealer homage.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby nemesis-prime » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:54 pm

already auctions for countdown and darkwing on ebay
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 12

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:12 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Is that Countdown mold any good???
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Courage: 7

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Sowndwave76 wrote:Is that Countdown mold any good???

I think so. It's a repaint of Cybertron CD Red Alert. Not sorry I passed on it when that figure was out; this deco's much better IMO.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Mkall » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:49 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:Is that Countdown mold any good???

I think so. It's a repaint of Cybertron CD Red Alert. Not sorry I passed on it when that figure was out; this deco's much better IMO.

Aye, the first CD Red Alert looked like the standard Red Alert with a big missile. I get a Russian Cosmonaut feel when I look at this guy.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:12 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby waaaaghlord » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:14 am

As far as the naming goes it has formerly been theorised that there may be problems using 'Darkwing' due to the Disney character Darkwing Duck. Personally I'm not at all concerned with the name on the box. It's obviously Darkwing and for anyone who grew up on the latter half of the Marvel comics having Dreadwind and Darkwing on their Classics shelf is a must.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Chaoslock » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:29 am

I, personally am happy they are not in the mainline. They would make good shelfwarmers (not as good as the movie voyager repaints, though...)

I have the original Darkwing and Dreadwind, these repaints are not even close to them in awesomeness. (those two could really use a reissue)
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:06 am

I can't wait to get my hands on Countdown. It's an awesome mold, and unfortunately I didn't start collecting until after the Cybertron line was gone.

I'll pass on Darkwind, though. Although his color scheme looks great in bot mode, I think it's ugly in jet mode, and I don't like the fact that it's basically a robot stuck to the bottom of a jet, rather than a jet that transforms into a robot. It was worth the $10 I paid for the original when he was on clearance, but it's not worth $26 for a repaint.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Stormrider » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:26 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Any more word on when these will be release? It's funny that we saw packages a momth ago without a release date.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby 8 bit » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:40 am

Motto: "You only live thrice."
Weapon: Buffalo Missile
Stormrider wrote:Any more word on when these will be release? It's funny that we saw packages a momth ago without a release date.

BBTS has wave 6 scheduled for March, but since these are exclusives, I don't know if they'll follow that pattern. I'm guessing Feb or March sometime, they aren't listed on TRU's website yet.
8 bit
Targetmaster
Speed: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby OPTIMUS MAGNUS » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 am

These are a big fat pass for me personally. Altho, the silverbolt re~paint would be sweet with a head swap. Hmmmm......lol.
Seibertron trading feedback:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20397
OPTIMUS MAGNUS
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON