This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon 2009 date and location revealed!!!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: BotCon 2009 date and location revealed!!!

Postby Cascadia » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:35 pm

Motto: "If you feel my lightning, you will never hear the thunder."
:D :D This may work for me....it is about a 2 hour and half flight or a 2 day trip of driving down to Pasadena from Oregon.
Cascadia
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby HighPrime » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
Mr.Bond007 wrote:that sux why can't it ever be in chicago! :-x

It was in Rosemont IL, in 2004. It was the OTFCC, then, though.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/OTFCC_2004

Probably will be some time before it comes back here, I imagine.
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby It Is Him » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:16 pm

That's too bad about the dates. I'm set to be the best man at my brother's wedding that weekend.

Maybe he'll understand if I skip out. :P
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby NuclearConvoy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:27 pm

And, with this news, I can confirm I WONT be going to BotCon this go round. Too expensive to Travel to Cali from Quebec, add on my lack of job and my school expenses and the fact that I'll have NO TIME to find a job and get money because my classes end at the begining of May and theyve done a right good job of picking a location and time frame this year.

**** Yeah, Botcon :(
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby LionBoogy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:42 pm

YAY!!! Excellent! FINALLY I can attend a Bot-con and bring my Bumblebee costume seen at SDCC and a new Ironhide and Grimlock! That's PERFECT!

- Lionel
LionBoogy
Mini-Con

Postby Delicon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:10 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
You guys (even those of you who are my friends) drive me nuts. There are so many TF fans from all over and we'll never be able to agree on the perfect location simply because everyone always says "why can't it be closer to me?" and alleges giant conspiracy when Botcon isn't within walking distance.

It's farther than my wife and I planned to travel but there is plenty to do in California.

A heckuva lot better than going to a place like Cincy.

Energon, I think we might get a collection going to help with your airfare if it means seeing the hat. Either that or maybe you can lend it to Savage.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby Windracer » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Motto: "There's no relief in bitterness, may as well let it die."
Weapon: Electric Cannon
Joy.

Another Botcon I won't ever be able to attend. *sigh* :cry:
GW2: Caitmonster.9036 (Tarnished Coast / NA)
Burn's still a butt. <3
Windracer
Pretender
Alt Mode: Dragon
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby ayenlou » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:11 am

That's 45 minutes from where I live! I think I shall be attending Botcon this year :) :grin:

So how do I get tickets? :shock:
Last edited by ayenlou on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ayenlou
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4

Postby robofreak » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:12 am

Happy day for me! I live in Phoenix so it's about 6 hours from me. I also have an aunt that lives close by so that will cut the cost of a hotel! Time to spring for the loose set with my Primus package!

Depending on what my final schedule will be like, I may be able to attend. :D :D :D :D This could be my first Botcon!
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby LionBoogy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:23 am

I know, dude, it'll be my first Bot-con EVER, and I'm pretty excited about that. I can't FLY my stuff over but I can certainly drive them down (only 5 hours drive away).

And yes, I totally agree with one of the above statements, no matter where Bot-con is held, someone's not going to be able to attend. But that also means the unfortunate souls who previously could not attend can NOW attend for their first time. I think that's pretty fair considering I've been waiting for this for the last 5 years (since I first heard about it). :)

- Lionel
LionBoogy
Mini-Con

Postby Savage » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:47 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Delicon wrote:It's farther than my wife and I planned to travel but there is plenty to do in California.

I take it this means ya'll are coming? That'd be great. Katie and I are pretty set on coming. She's got summer school starting like two days after the Con, but she's being a trooper and hoping to come along regardless. Now we just hafta convince CP. And Geekee1. Speaking of which, where the hell is Geekee1? I haven't seen him around lately.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby harvester » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:44 am

Memorial day is on the last monday so this is after memorial day right? Im definitely going, just a 5 hour drive for me. But does this mean it's going to be hard for us to get rooms since it's around that time? And this is my first Botcon, is it a fast scramble to get a room near the location or is it not that crazy and fairly easy to get a room? I mean does this event sell out like the superbowl or are my expectations too high? =P

My 30th birthday is May 30th. It would be a hell of a birthday present. Unfortunately it's wayyyyy too far from me. I had hoped to go to thw last one as it was much closer but no such luck....ah well....

You gotta go then! You only have your 30th birthday once and why not spend it at botcon! Mine's May 8th [27th bday] and I know Im going to be getting myself some late birthday presents this year ;)

PS Whoever's going, make sure you bring your spare parts!
harvester
Fuzor

Postby Savage » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:59 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
There will be anywhere from 1 to 3 hotels, give or take, next to or connected to the convention center that will be dubbed "convention hotels" and will have reduced rates. Bear in mind, they're going to be large 5-star type hotels. The first one or two will likely sell out quickly, a month or two before the convention. If you're looking to stay at a nearby economy hotel, you shouldn't have any problem, aside from having to drive to the con and pay for parking every day. Plus hanging out with all the other con-goers afterhours, that makes it worth it to stay in one of the convention hotels.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby coolpop » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:15 am

This will be my first time going too, gotta start saving up now.

Merry Christmas to all!
coolpop
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby -Soundwave- » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:42 am

Motto: ""Cries and screams are music to my Audios.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
I am about 25 minutes from Pasadena and to top it, I have family that lives right in Pasadena. This sounds like WAY too much fun.

Am I going? Yes!
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
-Soundwave-
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Cassette Deck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Rebirth Megatron » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:56 am

Weapon: Dual Laser Beam Rifle
Sustain wrote:I am about 25 minutes from Pasadena and to top it, I have family that lives right in Pasadena. This sounds like WAY too much fun.

Am I going? Yes!

And since I live with her I too am going. YAY!!
Rebirth Megatron
Decepticon Warlord
News Credits: 3
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10

Postby Doubledealer93 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:59 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
well it is across the country for me but i dont care i am going! if it is the last thing i do! :twisted: :grin:

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Gen1fan » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:29 am

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do believe this is the biggest F?#k up that FP has made to date since they took over run botcon. I guess that they want to learn for themself why botcon has only every been on the west coast 2 times before.

WARNING, WARNING,WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! As it stand as of 5:15 am on the east coast on the 25th of December. For those that do plan on attending Since this shocking turn of events has come into light. I have received many phone calls , and emails as of now, I know of 6 dealers, Myself included that WILL NOT be getting their booths for the 09 botcon show. That counts up to 11 booths that WILL NOT be on the dealers floors. The main reason for most of us is shipping of the items we have. We do not do this as our main jobs, just a side part time job type of deal. Also I received an email from one of the larger dealer that is UNSHORE if they will be going. With out going into to much details I was asked if I was getting my booth. If I was not would I be able to help him set up if He gets his booths. As he can not play his helpers plane tickets and hotel bills.

Only good side of things as it stand for now MegaMus And myself (Gen1fan) will still host the parts party. This year plan on us having longer hours. As for myself I plan on going thought my items and only taking those items that I believe will sell. MAINLY g1 toys, and parts. Please check my sale tread if there something there u see from any line I need to now so I can pack it up for u.
Gen1fan
Mini-Con

Postby Gen1fan » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:32 am

ponycorn wrote:However can they top Shattered Glass?

I do not think tha the Shattered glass set was all that great to begin with. I think the seeker set for 07 was a Much better set
Gen1fan
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:32 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
EXODUS PRIME wrote::-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

D*MN IT!!!!!!! IM IN F***ing FLORIDA
D*MN IT WHY IS BOTCON ALWAYS FAR AWAY FROM ME !!!!!

We Floridians NEVER get to experience BotCon locally! What is so wrong with Tampa or Orlando!? Both have giant conventiuon centers, and yet does BotCon ever grace us with their prescence?
NO!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby It Is Him » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:51 am

Sabrblade wrote:
EXODUS PRIME wrote::-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

D*MN IT!!!!!!! IM IN F***ing FLORIDA
D*MN IT WHY IS BOTCON ALWAYS FAR AWAY FROM ME !!!!!

We Floridians NEVER get to experience BotCon locally! What is so wrong with Tampa or Orlando!? Both have giant conventiuon centers, and yet does BotCon ever grace us with their prescence?
NO!

Dude, to hell with Botcon. We Floridians are getting STAN BUSH this year and Botcon doesn't. Now that's something we can rub in their faces.

SO NYAH NYAH
Botconners. Enjoy your dealer rooms. Enjoy your highly sought after show exclusives. Enjoy your... ugh, camaraderie. Enjoy your panels and possible TF2 movie preview.

When you guys will be having a blast, I'll be chilling with Mickey and Stan. On a beach. Surrounded by beautiful girls (but mostly likely it'll be your grandparents).

Have fun, suckers...

It Is Him
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:10 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
It Is Him wrote:Dude, to hell with Botcon. We Floridians are getting STAN BUSH this year and Botcon doesn't. Now that's something we can rub in their faces.

SO NYAH NYAH
Botconners. Enjoy your dealer rooms. Enjoy your highly sought after show exclusives. Enjoy your... ugh, camaraderie. Enjoy your panels and possible TF2 movie preview.

When you guys will be having a blast, I'll be chilling with Mickey and Stan. On a beach. Surrounded by beautiful girls (but mostly likely it'll be your grandparents).

Have fun, suckers...

Do you think Stan will be at Metrocon? That's my local convention.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435

Postby It Is Him » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:18 am

Sabrblade wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Dude, to hell with Botcon. We Floridians are getting STAN BUSH this year and Botcon doesn't. Now that's something we can rub in their faces.

SO NYAH NYAH

Have fun, suckers...

Do you think Stan will be at Metrocon? That's my local convention.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/index.php?process=y&f_cat=&f_year=&f_keyword=bush&search=Search

Not sure. The last news item suggests Orlando as a possibility (you're a Tampa person right?), though that's just conjecture.

We could just email Stan, or his agent(?), and ask where he's performing to be sure.

It Is Him
City Commander

Postby hippymule » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:00 am

Motto: "stop begging and die!"
Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher
has botcon ever ben to pennsylvania i mean dammit i what to go to botcon for three years but i cant aford a 200 dallor ticket on a flight to california...moneys tight!
hippymule
Minibot
Strength: 10+
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:00 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
God damn it. Once again we New Yorkers get screwed.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON