Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby SnapTrap » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:36 pm

clicky

lazy:
msn wrote:Police: Man throws boy from freeway overpass

Toddler in Hawaii dies after 30-foot fall, possibly after he’s struck by cars

HONOLULU - A man dressed in hospital garb threw a toddler 30 feet from a pedestrian overpass onto a major highway Thursday, and the boy was later pronounced dead, authorities said.

A 23-year-old man was arrested after witnesses saw him throwing something, followed him and called police, authorities said. One or two vehicles may have struck the 2 1/2-year-old, but it was unclear exactly what killed him.

There were no reports of a missing child, police Capt. Frank Fujii said. Officers were contacting day-care centers and other area facilities to find out where the child came from.

"It's a sad incident. It's something we never wished happened," Fujii said.

The suspect was dressed in hospital clothes, with the bottoms cut off as shorts. It wasn't known whether he had come from a hospital, or which one, Fujii said.


What the hell is going on with people throwing children off of bridges?
Discuss!
Image
User avatar
SnapTrap
Gestalt
Posts: 2144
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:28 pm

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Homer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:44 pm

As I sit here and look at my 5 month old daughter, I cannot fathom why something like this would happen.

This is when the "eye for an eye" philosophy would really come in handy.
Image
Homer
Brainmaster
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:39 pm

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Moonbase2 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:06 pm

I don't understand it. Of all things you can do to a child, just toss them helplessly over a bridge to die? How horrific.
I have two children close to that age, and I can't possibly imagine doing something so terrible.
Image
Moonbase2
Godmaster
Posts: 1997
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Tekka » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:11 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Reminds me of Michael Jackson dangling his baby from a balcony. I think it should get the blame.
User avatar
Tekka
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8144
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Dark Side of The Light

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Barracuda » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:19 pm

it is completely disgusting, and pardon my French but people that do that to children need to burn in HELL. this is coming from a father 3 and step dad of 3, so i guess i should rather say a father of 6.
Image
thanks Whisper
Barracuda
Combiner
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:00 am
Location: Living in a van down by the river

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Venomous Prime » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:33 am

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Barracuda wrote:it is completely disgusting, and pardon my French but people that do that to children need to burn in HELL. this is coming from a father 3 and step dad of 3, so i guess i should rather say a father of 6.


Father of 6.

Good man.

Not many step parents I know refer to their stepchildren as their own children.

I admire that.

The only reason I can think of that would cause this person to do this is mental instability.
Image
User avatar
Venomous Prime
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7428
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:14 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Barracuda » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:31 pm

Original Sin wrote:
Barracuda wrote:it is completely disgusting, and pardon my French but people that do that to children need to burn in HELL. this is coming from a father 3 and step dad of 3, so i guess i should rather say a father of 6.


Father of 6.

Good man.

Not many step parents I know refer to their stepchildren as their own children.

I admire that.

The only reason I can think of that would cause this person to do this is mental instability.


thank you. that means a lot to me. most people usually say "o well YOU only have three", and its frustrating to keep telling them " no i have 6" so thank you for your comment, it made my day
Image
thanks Whisper
Barracuda
Combiner
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:00 am
Location: Living in a van down by the river

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:36 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Homer wrote:As I sit here and look at my 5 month old daughter, I cannot fathom why something like this would happen.


Amen to that..
I look at my two daughters and wonder how someone can take the time to raise a child for a couple of years then kill it like that.

Where is that asteroid to wipe out this pathetic thing called mankind..
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18613
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Armorock » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:36 pm

Motto: "I would like to negotiate your surrender!"
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
That's terrible. What could possibly give someone motivation to do that to any other human being? Especially a kid. Truly if there is evil in this world it is in the heart of mankind.
Image
User avatar
Armorock
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: 1060 West Addison. Chicago.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby DecepticonRedAlert » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:10 am

Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
I can not understand why anyone in their right mind would do such evils to one of God's most innocent creations. I mean it hardly makes any since at all!
Image
DecepticonRedAlert
Godmaster
Posts: 1925
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:09 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:01 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
I can't understand this, it's really becomming a trend thease days killing babies that is.

There is this woman here in Germany, they found in her garden the skeletons of 9 babies, nine!
She said with a proud tone that those were in deed her's, and that she killed them right after they were borne. :SICK:

You hear it every week in the news that someone goes and kills there babies, WTF?!
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13907
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:51 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I still have a small bit of hope for the human race, but it is quickly dying.

We keep asking ourselves why this is happening, and that only leads to trouble.

1.) We'll never truly know what could provoke a person into doing something so heinous. (Insane? Angry? Mix?)

2.) The more we try to figure out something that has no real, justifiable answer, the more we'll dwell on it and let it drag us down. (Not saying that we shouldn't mourn these deaths, but we should celebrate that they lived. Can't do that if all we think about is why so and so did this or that on something that has no conceivable answer.)

I realize it sounds like I'm burying my head in the sand here, but that isn't the case at all. I just can't take much more of this kind of news, and all it's making me do is want to hate humanity to it's core. If I let this monster (or any other) do that, then he's won.

Tonight, give your kids an extra hug, make them see how precious they are to you, even if they already know it.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8861
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Moonbase2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:02 am

Every time I read a story like this, I sneak into my kids' room at night and watch them sleep. They are so innocent and precious that it is inconceivable of causing their deaths. Just a couple days ago I read another story of an aunt walking herself and her niece and nephew into traffic. Someone with a mental disease, allowed to care for children? See, if Britney Spears is indeed mentally, uh, unstable (well, duh), then she should NOT have access to her own children. It's time to take a stand for those who have no voice.
Image
Moonbase2
Godmaster
Posts: 1997
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Armorock » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:59 am

Motto: "I would like to negotiate your surrender!"
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
Dead Metal wrote:I can't understand this, it's really becomming a trend thease days killing babies that is.

There is this woman here in Germany, they found in her garden the skeletons of 9 babies, nine!
She said with a proud tone that those were in deed her's, and that she killed them right after they were borne. :SICK:

You hear it every week in the news that someone goes and kills there babies, WTF?!


What's even worse is it's becoming legal in America. I don't know what your opinions are, but I believe fetuses are alive in the womb and aloowing murder to be okay is just plain wrong.
Image
User avatar
Armorock
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: 1060 West Addison. Chicago.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Moonbase2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:06 am

Abortion is a touchy subject, but when it comes to children you've already birthed and started to raise, it makes no sense to end their lives. They were already chosen to be born. It's really time to make children a priority. No more molesters out on probation, no more druggies and mentally diseased people neglecting babies.

NO MORE!
Image
Moonbase2
Godmaster
Posts: 1997
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:24 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Armorock wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:I can't understand this, it's really becomming a trend thease days killing babies that is.

There is this woman here in Germany, they found in her garden the skeletons of 9 babies, nine!
She said with a proud tone that those were in deed her's, and that she killed them right after they were borne. :SICK:

You hear it every week in the news that someone goes and kills there babies, WTF?!


What's even worse is it's becoming legal in America. I don't know what your opinions are, but I believe fetuses are alive in the womb and aloowing murder to be okay is just plain wrong.

Abortion is legal in Germany, as long as the fetus is no older then 3 months.
I think abortion is OK if the mother was raped, I mean would you want to raise the kid of the guy who destroyed your life?

Even if I don't like the idea of it, I mean the moment it forms cells, I treat it as life.
What is so bad about that woman was that the babies were about 1day to 1 year old as they were killed!
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13907
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:23 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Dead Metal wrote:
Armorock wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:I can't understand this, it's really becomming a trend thease days killing babies that is.

There is this woman here in Germany, they found in her garden the skeletons of 9 babies, nine!
She said with a proud tone that those were in deed her's, and that she killed them right after they were borne. :SICK:

You hear it every week in the news that someone goes and kills there babies, WTF?!


What's even worse is it's becoming legal in America. I don't know what your opinions are, but I believe fetuses are alive in the womb and aloowing murder to be okay is just plain wrong.

Abortion is legal in Germany, as long as the fetus is no older then 3 months.
I think abortion is OK if the mother was raped, I mean would you want to raise the kid of the guy who destroyed your life?

Even if I don't like the idea of it, I mean the moment it forms cells, I treat it as life.
What is so bad about that woman was that the babies were about 1day to 1 year old as they were killed!


I don't think any (though past cases might prove otherwise?) women would want to raise the offspring of their rapist, of course, but then two lives are being violated. If you kill the child, who didn't ask to be born or come into this world, aren't you violating their life?

Why couldn't the child be given up for adoption? Why must the mother become an abortionist as well as a victim?

Besides, if the kid has any hope and a good family...maybe a miracle could still happen for all.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8861
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Moonbase2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:22 pm

All I can say is if I or a daughter or other female loved one were raped, I'd never ask them to be traumatized by bearing a rapist's offspring. But of course there are women that do, and hopefully the children turned out ok. Like I said, touchy subject. But we should never heap blame on a woman that decided to abort when she was raped. She's already been through enough.

Don't you guys think, though, that not enough emphasis is put on children that are already here, who are being neglected or abused? I hear stories of babies on crack because their parents leave drugs out, kids getting burned, etc. Should it be a one-time only deal and you lose custody? It might avoid a tragedy in the long run.
Image
Moonbase2
Godmaster
Posts: 1997
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:06 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Moonbase2 wrote:All I can say is if I or a daughter or other female loved one were raped, I'd never ask them to be traumatized by bearing a rapist's offspring. But of course there are women that do, and hopefully the children turned out ok. Like I said, touchy subject. But we should never heap blame on a woman that decided to abort when she was raped. She's already been through enough.


:BOOM: I'm an idiot. I now realize my statement came across a lot differently than I had planned. Sorry for that.

I fully agree that the woman has been victimized enough and I understand why she would want to abort. However, wouldn't it be more triumphant and a massive slap in the face to the rapist, if she were to give the child to a good home and watch him/her become a neurosurgeon or other well to do, high profile person?? Unlike their father scumbag.

I probably put my foot in my mouth again, but I'll go ahead and leave this. I'll do damage control where necessary.


Moonbase2 wrote:Don't you guys think, though, that not enough emphasis is put on children that are already here, who are being neglected or abused? I hear stories of babies on crack because their parents leave drugs out, kids getting burned, etc. Should it be a one-time only deal and you lose custody? It might avoid a tragedy in the long run.


Of course the children here are left behind. Anyone who might say otherwise either has blinders on, or ice pumping through their heart.

When it comes to the welfare of the child (which should always be first) I do fully agree that the child(ren) should be removed from the situation indefinitely until a full story from both sides of the law is heard.

Then, the court should make their final decision. I believe that people (in extreme cases) can actually change if something harshly snaps sense into them.

If they've rebuilt their lives and proven to be worthy of the child, I think giving the parent a second chance would be beneficial to both the parent and the child. But this would have to be after concrete, dyed in the wool proof of change. With actual, visible success in changing of one's self, I can't see how we'd be any better denying the biological family from being together.

*sighs* You can't punish your kids or you're deemed violent. You can't care for and protect them without the public eye watching and waiting for you to screw up. Real parenting needs to be done now, not this Dr. Phil, prepackaged,"Lemme tell ya how it is!" crap that passes for today's standards.

If real parents still exist, please stand up. The rest of the world needs you. Prove to the world that there's still hope and that you're not kid killer material.

However did we get so lost?
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8861
News Credits: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Moonbase2 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:15 am

Well, here's how my deal would be if I were raped and became pregnant: I'm married with two small children already. Say I'm putting my groceries in the car and I'm raped. How do I deal with the trauma of the rape and put an unwanted pregnancy, one NOT my husband's on top of that? You'd see how that could really, really screw up my life and my family. What if the rapist were a different race? How could I explain that? Things are often a LOT more complicated than people may think. Also, a lot of women that are raped are in college. Should she stop what she is doing in her life to raise an unwanted baby? But there are some women that would NEVER abort, even under these circumstances, and some successful humans in the world owe their lives to them, even if they were born from a violent crime. Ultimately, the choice lies with the woman, and it is her choice alone. And that's all I really want to say about it.

I agree with you about the issue to get the children back if they've proven they can change. The parents need a stable job for a period of time, a clean, safe home, monitors to make sure the children aren't going back into an unsafe environment...having children is not something that should be seen as a right. They depend fully on a parent with a brain in their head and a heart in their chest. Man, I only hope I'm doing right by my children.
Image
Moonbase2
Godmaster
Posts: 1997
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Me, Grimlock! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:04 am

Weapon: Stinger Missile
This stuff sickens me every time I read about it. Or hear it. I know the BSers say we can't shelter ourselves from truths like this, but where's the harm in not wanting your skin to crawl?

Armorock wrote:What's even worse is it's becoming legal in America. I don't know what your opinions are, but I believe fetuses are alive in the womb and aloowing murder to be okay is just plain wrong.


I never knew what to think until my wife became pregnant. Now I'm completely with you, especially since my baby just turned three months.
What the--Someone let me publish a book! Check out Not So Superpowered. At 80 pages, it's a quick read. Except for you, Burn. You'll take a week or two.

Winston wrote:Ray, if someone asks if you're a god, you... say... YES!
User avatar
Me, Grimlock!
Faction Commander
Posts: 4281
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 2:22 pm
Location: A special place in your heart
Firepower: 1

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Armorock » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:33 am

Motto: "I would like to negotiate your surrender!"
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
Thank you Me, Grimlock! I agree entirely.
I mean, this stuff does just make me furious.
Image
User avatar
Armorock
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: 1060 West Addison. Chicago.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby DesalationReborn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Just thinking: Can men be raped? Think if the chick was really ugly. Could we get our sperm back? Or order our offspring be euthanized? For the sake of equal rights, I do hope so! :P

I can understand, but I can still ask the world to be more courageous, more accepting of the strife and trouble placed in its way, than to run and leave it upon the doorstep of another. It will come back for another haunting besides.

EDIT: For the story at had-- ya, he's probably insane. One rule in my law is to never harm those in a defensive position below you. It's just cowardice and sadism. Wait 20 years, then try to kill them.
Image
DesalationReborn
City Commander
Posts: 3843
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 8:29 pm

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:24 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
And once again a mother kills her baby.
I was listening to the radio this morning as the news came that a mother is currently questioned by the police, what did she do?
Well to put it in her words:

"I was in the garden as I accidentally dropped my 4 month old son. I was scared that he might have problems for the rest of his life due to the fall, I just had to prevent him suffering."

She prevented his suffering by going inside her house and brutally smashing his head against the staircase a dozen times, then she dropped him and kicked his head till he screamed no more....
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13907
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: This is becoming a disturbing new trend this year...

Postby Armorock » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:22 am

Motto: "I would like to negotiate your surrender!"
Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
That's the worst thing I've heard yet.
That child, though unlikely, may have been just fine. How did she know she was putting it out of its misery. She could have helped the child, not killed it. That is the single most stupidest person I've heard about yet.
Image
User avatar
Armorock
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: 1060 West Addison. Chicago.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Next

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014