Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Decepticon Spike Reviews: FAB Smokescreen

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Decepticon Spike Reviews: FAB Smokescreen

Postby Decepticon Spike » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:24 pm

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
AS some of you may know, I’m a fan of the Fast Action Battlers (FAB) toys that came out with the movie line. I like the fact that they have simple transforms, which makes it easy if you are like me and tend to grab random TF the “play” with while on the phone, or just to keep busy. They remind me a bit of the old G1 toys, plus, if my nephew gets a hold of them I’m not too worried, unlike the time he got hold of my G1 Megatron….anyway…
Last night, At one of my local Mejiers, they had the 3 new FABs: Optimus repainted orange, which looks a little bit like Rodimus Prime, Starscream repainted ad G1 Ramjet, A repaint of Ironhide and Jazz repainted as G1 Smokescreen. It’s the latter I bought, and will now review.

Since I missed out on FAB Jazz, this was a new mold for me. The transform, like all other FABs, is simple. Possibilty is limited, but, it’s like you can either have a simple transform, and have a brick standing there, or you can have a figure that poses great, but has a transform that leave you cursing like crazy (I’m looking at you MP Starscream!)

The paint job is a great homage to the G1 character, and works with the Pontiac Solstice model. However, there are some issues with the paint aps. The head, at least on mine, like more like a custom paint job than one that is factory painted. Also on the “drivers” side there are some red chips right next to the 38. Otherwise, no complaints.

Tech Specs.

I do believe his TS are very close to his G1 (I can’t check since the G1 Smokescreen I have is the Takara reissue, and I can’t read Japanese But is does state that s function is diversion, the same function he had in the G1 series.

Over all I think Smokescreen is a welcome addition to the Transformers movie “Expanded Universe” line. I hope Hasbro decides to repaint the deluxe Jazz mold as well.
Attachments
Picture 14.jpg
Car Mode 2
Picture 14.jpg (165.96 KiB) Viewed 251 times
Picture 13.jpg
Car Mode 1
Picture 13.jpg (146.69 KiB) Viewed 251 times
Picture 12.jpg
Robot Mode
Picture 12.jpg (155.66 KiB) Viewed 253 times
Decepticon Spike
Faction Commander