Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Over a 1000 and counting.

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby vulgar_wraith » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:48 pm

I just did another count today and now I'm over 1000 TF.Just a month ago I posted I hit 900,didn't think 1000 was going to be so soon.Some very notable figures in this past 100 from various lines.G1 Scourge,Cyclonus,Hardhead,Weirdwolf,Roadbuster and Whirl just to name a few of the highlights.Also finally received the original Rattrap from Beastwars.Cybertron Galvatron is the most notable of the newer lines MISB.I also picked up Collectors club Astrotrain and Airrazor.There are so many other really nice figures I picked up this month.I have to say my G1 Downshift is the best opened figure I have ever purchased, he is as mint as can be to perfection.Looks like It was never played with and included its unapplied sticker sheet.I was so happy when this one came.Now I hit 1000 and spent so much this month im going to slow down a little here and reorganized my hobby room.Do some cleaning up of my figures.I have a few more on the way in the mail that will show up over next few weeks to keep me happy in the meantime Skullcruncher,Snapdragon and Apeface to name a few.The only other things I'll keeping an eye on is a few parts to finish up a hand full of figures and I would like the 2008 convention pack.Once I get my room all situated I'm going to take a few pics.
User avatar
vulgar_wraith
Headmaster
Posts: 1043
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:05 pm

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby toxicity » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:56 pm

wowow congrats! I don't even think i've hit 25 yet :P but it's ok...one day

edit: whoops, didn't note the last line about you already mentioning you would post pictures. can't wait though.
Last edited by toxicity on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toxicity
Vehicon
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:53 pm

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby Geekee1 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Cool, can't wait to see some pics, I love seeing how people display their stuff.
Image
Geekee1
Godmaster
Posts: 1563
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:36 am

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby olokin » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:31 pm

Congrats on hitting the milestone! Now I want to see pics of your collection.
User avatar
olokin
Faction Commander
Posts: 4505
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:12 am

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby Maniac23 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:10 pm

Jeezo, well done on just having the room for a thousand Transformers, i have been having difficulty with space and have about 130 :roll: Would definitely like to see some pics.
Maniac23
Fuzor
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:13 pm

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:25 am

Weapon: Sword
I have not counted my collection in a very long time, but after a quick scan I just realized I am very close to, if not over 1,000 also. If I were to count all the minicons and WST/ Legends class sized figures then I am for sure over 1,000.

I am trying to complete G1. I have 108 figures to go. I know there are over 400 Unique G1 figures, but does anyone have an exact number of unique G1 figures were made? (I count all gestalt figures plus the combined form. For example, 6 Constructicons + Devastator =7. I do not count Headmaster heads or Targetmaster guns, just the main figure).
Lapse Of Reason
City Commander
Posts: 3741
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Bethel, CT
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby vulgar_wraith » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:57 am

Lapse Of Reason wrote:I have not counted my collection in a very long time, but after a quick scan I just realized I am very close to, if not over 1,000 also. If I were to count all the minicons and WST/ Legends class sized figures then I am for sure over 1,000.

I am trying to complete G1. I have 108 figures to go. I know there are over 400 Unique G1 figures, but does anyone have an exact number of unique G1 figures were made? (I count all gestalt figures plus the combined form. For example, 6 Constructicons + Devastator =7. I do not count Headmaster heads or Targetmaster guns, just the main figure).



Depends are you just wanting to know about the US G1 line or do you want a count with US/European/Japanese altogether? When I count my figures I don't count the gestalt as a figure,but I do count targetmasters and headmasters as two figures.
User avatar
vulgar_wraith
Headmaster
Posts: 1043
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:05 pm

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:26 am

Weapon: Sword
vulgar_wraith wrote:
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I have not counted my collection in a very long time, but after a quick scan I just realized I am very close to, if not over 1,000 also. If I were to count all the minicons and WST/ Legends class sized figures then I am for sure over 1,000.

I am trying to complete G1. I have 108 figures to go. I know there are over 400 Unique G1 figures, but does anyone have an exact number of unique G1 figures were made? (I count all gestalt figures plus the combined form. For example, 6 Constructicons + Devastator =7. I do not count Headmaster heads or Targetmaster guns, just the main figure).



Depends are you just wanting to know about the US G1 line or do you want a count with US/European/Japanese altogether? When I count my figures I don't count the gestalt as a figure,but I do count targetmasters and headmasters as two figures.


I'm going for just the US right now.

With so many variations on how to count figures, it is difficult to nail down a specific number. I count the gestalt as a figure because they have a different name/character than the individual units. I don't count the Headmasters, though, because although they have a separate character name the bot mode of the robot is incomplete without the head.
Lapse Of Reason
City Commander
Posts: 3741
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Bethel, CT
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby WasPWNator » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:30 am

Motto: "Motto? I don't know, probably something about molecular structure..."
Weapon: Liquid Flame-Thrower
1000!? Wow! I have 38, including Legends. I don't mind though, I like watching my collection grow. Still, 1000 is hella-impressive, nice work!
Mkall wrote:I don't have much extra to contribute, but you have an AWESOME username

Image
User avatar
WasPWNator
Fuzor
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: They left me behind when Atlantis Arose...
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby Cascadia » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:57 am

Wow....congrats!!! I could not imagine having that many. I am up to anywhere between 80 and 90.
Image
User avatar
Cascadia
Headmaster
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby vulgar_wraith » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:43 pm

I have only been collecting for a few years seems like all the figures just appeared out of no where.I think this year alone I doubled my collection.At first this year it wasn't so hard I started off with BeastWars.I found it fairly cheap to afford compared to G1 I was able to almost complete the entire line in a few months.Even the overseas figures weren't that costly bought a lot of them too.Then I picked up a large R.I.D. auction for about $120 came with over half the line all had there boxes some still MISB or MOSC.It was all collectors owned all real nice unplayed with shape.The only line I really have no figures in is G2 with the exception of a MOSC Bumblebee and a G2 Megatron.I still need/want a lot of figures but I'm going to slow down a little and start paying off my credit card and start putting more money towards my Harley and Chevelle now.
User avatar
vulgar_wraith
Headmaster
Posts: 1043
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:05 pm

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby robotrik » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Congrats...it's a really expensive business collection action figures... i really want to get energon unicron but it's getting expensive, it's a bit over 100$ on ebay and the auction is about to end in a couple of hours.... i don't know what to do, helpppppp!
robotrik
Vehicon
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:09 am

Re: Over a 1000 and counting.

Postby vulgar_wraith » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:41 pm

robotrik wrote:Congrats...it's a really expensive business collection action figures... i really want to get energon unicron but it's getting expensive, it's a bit over 100$ on ebay and the auction is about to end in a couple of hours.... i don't know what to do, helpppppp!



Some of there figures can get pricey.The parts for these figures can be worse at times.I spent $70 alone just for both ramps for my Fort Max.That was just for two pieces.So a $100 doesn't seem to bad to me when you compare it to that.
User avatar
vulgar_wraith
Headmaster
Posts: 1043
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:05 pm


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014