This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Shadow Commander photos and...

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Shadow Commander photos and...

Postby Venksta » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:02 pm

FansProject.com has put up brand new photos of Shadow Commander. Check them out here:
http://www.fansproject.com/?p=54#more-54

Also, they have updated with an animation of City Commander transforming, done in the style of Galaxy Force/Cybertron.

YouTube - City Commander Transforms

Direct downloads for the animation:

Quicktime -44mb
Mirror 1
http://rapidshare.com/files/154756663/C ... orsCut.mov
Mirror 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2i9kwb

WMV - 28mb
Mirror 1
http://rapidshare.com/files/154758787/C ... orsCut.wmv
Mirror 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qrvjkc
Venksta
Fuzor
News Credits: 6

Re: New Shadow Commander photos and...

Postby El Duque » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:06 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The animation is cool. I wish they would have given the Shadow Commander a new head sculpt, maybe something resembling RID Scourge.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby OPTIMUS MAGNUS » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:22 pm

El Duque wrote:The animation is cool. I wish they would have given the Shadow Commander a new head sculpt, maybe something resembling RID Scourge.

Agreed. And this is why I passed on the Shadow Commander set. I want Magnus to stand out Got the C.C. armor.)...besides, I like Nemesis Prime just how he is personally. Pretty cool animation. It's like visual conversion instructions.
Seibertron trading feedback:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20397
OPTIMUS MAGNUS
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby CMP » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:31 am

Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus.
CMP
Micromaster

New Shadow Commander Pics and Video

Postby First Gen » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:35 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Siebertron.com member Venksta has just informed us of and update done on Fans Project website showing new pictures of the Shadow Commander upgrade set that is meant for the SDCC 2008 Exclusive Nemesis Prime. Included in the pics are retools done to the mold showing improvements made on the figure and the new addition of a pink/red clear saber and its storage.

And thats not even all the pics.

Also, they have updated with an animation of City Commander transforming, done in the style of Galaxy Force/Cybertron.

New Video of City Commander Transformation

Click here to see all the pics of this new upgrade set.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Firebird » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:50 am

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
The video is pretty spiffy.

And that sword is the main reason I'm buying the set.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby jduckworth27 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:35 am

that is some cool stuff.
"A sharpie is not an option for me, but thanks for that bit of advise......" now that is comedy!
jduckworth27
Minibot

Postby Gandalf » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:44 am

Motto: "Not all those who wander are lost."
Weapon: Sword
I'm also passing on this one because I think Nemesis should have more of a "Prime" look.

However, looking at the headsculpt, a good customizer could easily give him a mouthplate and retool the earpiece things....
Gandalf
Fuzor

Postby Sledge » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:48 am

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If I were going to buy any version of the armour, this would be it. The sword's a nice addition.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby Archanubis » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:09 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Saw both the C.C. and the Shadow Armor last night. Video's sweet and the Shadow Armor looks okay. Like another poster said, it would have been nice if they'd given it another head. I just recieved my C.C. armor last night, so I'll be passing on the Shadow, especially since I don't have Classics Nemesis Prime.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Hard Hacker » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:43 pm

The animation was good, with some nice touches, like the swinging of the legs when Magnus rotates, and the Cybertron track. Would've made good stock footage if the FunPub comics continuity were to return to the Classics arc in an animated form.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby ChronosWar » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Weapon: Kinetic Energy Friction Rifle
The hooking deal they've made to hold the sword is cool as heck, I think. I'm wondering exactly what the chest plate update accomplishes. does that point not have moving articulation on the CC set, or have they just improved the peg there? As for the head, well...yeah, it'd be nice to see him with a more Prime-like head, but hey, there's still time. And FP are known for head molds. Maybe they'll surprise us
ChronosWar
Mini-Con
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Prowl1529 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:26 pm

It's a very nice trailer but i don't see the need of it.
I mean Nemesis Prime didn't have a trailer like Ultra Magnus i believe someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
Prowl1529
Minibot

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:39 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
So...I'm gonna have the option of getting a Shadow Commander kit for my Nemesis Prime figure, huh? Good news. (Only reason I've never posted that it actually came is because my old ISP was turned off around the same time and it's been so long ago now there's no point reviving that thread IMO.)

Prowl1529 wrote:It's a very nice trailer but i don't see the need of it.
I mean Nemesis Prime didn't have a trailer like Ultra Magnus i believe someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
It's a very nice trailer but i don't see the need of it.

So far as I know he didn't, and this is why I'd end up passing if that's what I end up deciding to do.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby onewaydown » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:39 pm

http://www.tfu.info/2002/Decepticon/Scourge/scourge.htm

I believe Scourge was the "original" Nemesis prime. Repaint of Laser OP which was a tanker truck. The repaint of Super-Con Optimus Prime was the first that used the name Nemesis, I believe.
onewaydown
Micromaster

Postby ultra_magus » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:09 pm

Motto: "Mercy? You want mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!"
Weapon: Arm-Mounted Magnetic-Lock Destabilizer Cannon
I truely, truely wish I didn't have to choose between my marrage and the CC armour :sad:
Mercy? You want MERCY?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!
ultra_magus
Minibot
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Savage » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:54 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
CMP wrote:Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus.

Indeed!

I, too, shall be passing on Shadow Commander. City Commander is enough for me, I can justify that in my mind, I just can't rationalize buying this one as well right now. Looks like Counterpunch's influence is wearing off. Ah, well, in a few months we'll be back at BotCon, and I'm sure he'll talk me into buy something completely awesome. And expensive. :)
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Koloth » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:42 pm

ultra_magus wrote:I truely, truely wish I didn't have to choose between my marrage and the CC armour :sad:

Pick the armor. Marriage is fleeting, but armor is forever. :D

The only problem I had with the video is it was to long winded. Needs work on the pacing. I think it could easily be sped up by about 20-30 seconds and still get the point across.
Koloth
Vehicon

Postby dragons » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:54 pm

now i have a reason to get shadow & magnus trailer but are there any differnces to primes trailer other than the colors?

i also thought we where getting a trailer for master piece magnus
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby influence82 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:48 am

Motto: "Decepticons will crush the Autobots!
---Leader Starscream"
Weapon: No Weapon
Big Bad Toys Store lists the differences:
Shadow Commander features a new translucent pink sword accessory as well as a sword clip. The figure will be constructed of high quality ABS plastic, and FansProject has further improved the structure & construction of this figure through the use of additional metal screws, several improved joints, even higher quality plastic, and various other refinements. The figure will also be packaged with an all-new comic-style instruction booklet, and a new box design.

The quality of Shadow Commander will probably be better than City Commander, since Fans Project will have learned to improve from their previous work.
I think it is better that we wait for more information before rushing in to buy it from BBTS. As far I can see BBTS is the only retailer selling these so far.
Free commerce is the basis of peace.
See my Sell/wishlist here.
influence82
Mini-Con
Buy from influence82 on eBay

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:10 am

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
onewaydown wrote:I believe Scourge was the "original" Nemesis prime. Repaint of Laser OP which was a tanker truck. The repaint of Super-Con Optimus Prime was the first that used the name Nemesis, I believe.

I'd forgotten. RID Scourge was a repaint of the G2 "Laser" Optimus/Battle Convoy, with only the electronic gimmick was removed. The tanker trailer and sword were included.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby ShadowGinrai » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:09 pm

Motto: "-Be Transformed, Romans 12:2b"
Weapon: Concussion Pistol
I think the S.C. armor is a good idea. It looks just as awsome as the C.C. and it has a sword (which i don't care about). I mainly like the black paint job over the white one. :grin:
ShadowGinrai
Micromaster
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Gutter Bunny » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:02 am

onewaydown wrote:

http://www.tfu.info/2002/Decepticon/Scourge/scourge.htm

I believe Scourge was the "original" Nemesis prime. Repaint of Laser OP which was a tanker truck. The repaint of Super-Con Optimus Prime was the first that used the name Nemesis, I believe.

Well if you want to really pick things apart, Nemesis prime is just a black prime repaint. If memory serves me correctly Jafcon Convoy was the first black prime. Scourge was just the first to feature teal highlights.

edit: (hmmmm...i now see that Jafcon Convoy and Black Convoy were both released in japan in 2000...which came first?)
Gutter Bunny
Brainmaster

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:25 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Savage wrote:
CMP wrote:Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus.

Indeed!

I, too, shall be passing on Shadow Commander. City Commander is enough for me, I can justify that in my mind, I just can't rationalize buying this one as well right now. Looks like Counterpunch's influence is wearing off. Ah, well, in a few months we'll be back at BotCon, and I'm sure he'll talk me into buy something completely awesome. And expensive. :)

To be honest, this isn't the kind of purchase I would push people towards. It's nice, but it's definately a side-show piece.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4

Postby Venksta » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:10 am

For those waiting for other stores to put up preorders for Shadow Commander, don't bother. This is probably an exclusive deal or something with BBTS, since they said in their newsletter that over 50% of the "worldwide" stock has been sold out, yet they seem to be the only store with it listed so far. :-?
Venksta
Fuzor
News Credits: 6

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ENERGON #22 Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 (W) Furman (CA) Ng (A) Guidi"
Transformers ENERG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RUNAMUCK Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
NEW!
RUNAMUCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON SABER Transformers Energon Class complete + more 2004 230427D **AS-IS**"
ENERGON SABER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 210811A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKID-Z Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
NEW!
SKID-Z Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Keychain Flashlight Transformers Armada Hasbro 2004 230719A"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIME Keyc ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mini-Con SURESHOCK Transformers Energon complete 2004 Perceptor Street Action"
Mini-Con SURESHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LANDMINE Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dr94 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
NEW!
LANDMINE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON