This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

RoTF fixes: Demolisher Wheel, Rampage elbow, 06/20/09

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

RoTF fixes: Demolisher Wheel, Rampage elbow, 06/20/09

Postby Jin Saotome » Sun May 31, 2009 2:08 pm

Here's a somewhat easy fix for your Breakaway to get his head moving and the neck joint able to lift up I found the landing gear kept his upper body/nosecone from moving all the way down and the front windshield needs to be carved underneath, the back of his head too so he can tilt forward. Also, acetone the top and front of his lightpipe eyes and they'll shine clear blue again.

And here's one to keep Sideswipe's chest from unlatching constantly. You just need to create some pressure by sticking something about the thickness of a playing card or two in the gap where the windshield folds down against his back, thus jutting the chest forward a bit and the latch works.

Last edited by Jin Saotome on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"

Jin Saotome
Vehicon
News Credits: 8
Buy from Jin Saotome on eBay
Alt Mode: Mecha

Re: Breakaway neck/head/upper body fix

Postby Archatron » Sun May 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Loads better. His non-moving head killed the figure for me but you worked your magic, again. :D
Archatron
Combiner
News Credits: 9

Postby Blurrz » Sun May 31, 2009 3:14 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Excellent work Jin! I think i'll have to buy another Breakaway just to try this out!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Jin Saotome » Sun May 31, 2009 6:46 pm

Sideswipe chest fix to follow!

Jin Saotome
Vehicon

Postby DevastaTTor » Sun May 31, 2009 7:08 pm

Jin, I fully expected Breakaway to be completely repainted by now. The fix actually makes me want to buy him now-I'm sure seeing what paint magic you work on him will push me over the edge.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Jin Saotome » Sun May 31, 2009 9:55 pm

And here's one to keep Sideswipe's chest from unlatching constantly. You just need to create some pressure by sticking something about the thickness of a playing card or two in the gap where the windshield folds down against his back, thus jutting the chest forward a bit and the latch works.

Jin Saotome
Vehicon

Re: RoTF fixes: Sideswipe chest, Breakaway neck

Postby Optimal_Z » Sun May 31, 2009 11:51 pm

Sweet! That chest part was starting to annoy me while trying to pose the fig.
Optimal_Z
Mini-Con

Postby madhatprime » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:39 am

Interestingly enough, My sideswipe's chest snaps in tight, with no problems what so ever. In fact I was amazed at how tight all of his joints are. You'd think the quality control would be more consistant.
madhatprime
Mini-Con

Postby Ravage XK » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:20 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Neat, thanks.

I will try this on my Sideswipe tonight. If you ignore the feet that dont work, Sideswipe is a pretty decent deluxe figure.

Edit: The feet arnt such a problem after all, you just need to fiddle to get them to the correct angle.
Last edited by Ravage XK on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Primus1101 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:49 am

Motto: "Remember when that little girl mistook Ironhide for the tooth fairy? I make that look like fact!"
i just tried the sideswipe one (since i only own him and soundwave right now. only picking up movie only characters right now.) and i don't have glue but it works. however, if you move the chest area back. the latch. it will come undone again. oh well. still. great fix to the figure. thanks jin. even though the chest is still loose, don't think i've done it right yet though.
Primus1101
Minibot
Watch Primus1101 on YouTube
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 5
Skill: 9

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:04 am

I dont have a problem with my Sideswipe'd chest coming unlatched.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Overcracker » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:02 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
NuclearConvoy wrote:I dont have a problem with my Sideswipe'd chest coming unlatched.

Yeah neither do I. He's actually pretty tight all around.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check the forum post above for details.
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby shadowsfm » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:54 am

the chest on mine is tight. the problem with my sideswipe is that his left ankle fender has difficulty turning during transformation, because the fender bumps into his ankle henge. (hard to explain). his right ankle fender is just fine. i'll cut away a little from the fender eventually
shadowsfm
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby bigwhitey21 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:56 am

On Sideswipe, I just loosened the 2 screws under the chest and put a little pressure on the front while I retightened the screws. now it works perfectly!
bigwhitey21
Fuzor

Postby kazmagnus » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:46 am

wow i must be pretty lucky..!! i bought all the movie tfs that r out right now doubles of each so i could open one and keep one in box, well every figure i opened has really tight joints nothing poping out nothing not staying latched so i must of got lucky this time around..swipe stands fairly easy for me to when i pose him, usually stands on the first try...i can live without breakaways head not moving.. i dont like to modify them, to worried it wont look right or ill screw it up, so i live with the minor imperfections. way i look at it is they r toys they are not gonna be perfect
kazmagnus
Mini-Con

Postby [JRX] » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:34 am

Motto: "Kill 'em Dead!"
Any suggestions on how to fix Rampage's legs?

In 'bot mode, the springy hip joint won't allow his thighs to stay bent forwards.
[JRX]
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby PsYcHoDyNaMiX » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks for the tips Jin. My sideswipe is great, but I see how it can be an issue. I'll keep in mind to mod it if the latch becomes loose.

I modded my breakaway by dremeling out the front half of the canopy as specified, but instead of cutting away at the rubber nosecone I cut/carved out a notch in the blue swing bar and achieved the same result.

I also noticed that the front landing gear bar didn't sit flush with it's green housing frame when in robot mode, so I cleaned up the part by removing the remnants of the injection stem (near the pivot axle, on its underside).

I didn't remove the two halves for the landing gear bay from the underside of the fuselage as you did because by cleaning up the landing gear already the part sits more flush and I noticed that the fuselage wouldn't be able to go past the body swing bar in robot mode anyways.

***EDIT***
Breakaway is pretty nice now with the mod thanks to Jin. Too bad they didn't make him a voyager size since he is a jet. They could've done so much more with the character/mold/idea. Hell, I just wished all of the deluxes were voyager sized, lol.

Oh, yea... I also filed out the small 'U' shape on the back half of the head to give it a backwards tilt using a needle file and cleaned up the eye piping with nail polish remover (since I didn't have pure acetone laying around).
PsYcHoDyNaMiX
Mini-Con

Postby Jin Saotome » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:32 pm

[JRX] wrote:Any suggestions on how to fix Rampage's legs?

In 'bot mode, the springy hip joint won't allow his thighs to stay bent forwards.

Ah, that's an easy one. If you spin his hips around forward the spring disengages so you can pose the legs without them springing back down. Then spin the legs back around to activate the spring for jackhammer mode when you need it

Jin Saotome
Vehicon

Postby [JRX] » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Motto: "Kill 'em Dead!"
Jin Saotome wrote:
[JRX] wrote:Any suggestions on how to fix Rampage's legs?

Ah, that's an easy one. If you spin his hips around forward the spring disengages so you can pose the legs without them springing back down. Then spin the legs back around to activate the spring for jackhammer mode when you need it...

Thanks! I was tempted to try something like that before asking, but I was afraid of ending up with floppy-legged Rampage instead of a springy-legged one!
[JRX]
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby Knock Out » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:23 am

A HUGE thank you! My breakaway can now look around. His head not popping up was makin' me crazy! :APPLAUSE:
Knock Out
Mini-Con

Postby Valandar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:16 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Just as a side note, my Sideswipe had no issues with pegging the chest at all - his biggest issues were with getting the arms back in place going back to car mode, but I eventually got it going. Well, other than his difficulties standing up, that is.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Jin Saotome » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 am

Valandar wrote:Just as a side note, my Sideswipe had no issues with pegging the chest at all - his biggest issues were with getting the arms back in place going back to car mode, but I eventually got it going. Well, other than his difficulties standing up, that is.

I noticed some people had problems with that while others didn't. And sometimes all it takes is tightening the screws, other times nothing but the pressure fix works. RoTF quality control seems to be iffy.

Jin Saotome
Vehicon

Re: RoTF fixes: Sideswipe, Breakaway, Rampage

Postby Jin Saotome » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:59 am

Those of you that have found a Fallen figure were probably all "WOOHOO!" at his unique design, just itching to get him out of the package. And if you're like me, once out you were suddenly all "AAAARGGGGGHHH!" as his lower legs popped off every time you tried to bend his knees. Sometimes his arms popping off if you had a weak connector. Here's a fix for that! Basically involves taking the leg apart and inserting a particular kind of screw into the lower leg to keep them in place. You'll need a dremel or other rotary tool for this one.

Jin Saotome
Vehicon

Re: RoTF fixes: New Fallen leg fix, 06/09/09

Postby Ravage XK » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:41 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Another nice fix, well done.

HASBRO, are you taking notes!! I know you welcome fan involvement with the franchise but don't you think leaving it up to your customers to fix your failures is a bit much?

Honestly, I'M frightened to buy anything else in case it crumbles in my hand.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Skill: 10+

Re: RoTF fixes: New Fallen leg fix, 06/09/09

Postby Shockerwave333 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Cheers to Jin once again!!! I am a big fan of his customizations. I can't wait to see what u do to fix that horrible Evergreen Pine-sol Paint job on the Fallen!!!
Shockerwave333
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON