This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

DOTM Toyline Blog from Kapow Toys (Possible Movie Spoilers)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

DOTM Toyline Blog from Kapow Toys (Possible Movie Spoilers)

Postby Trikeboy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Kapow Toys has updated their blog with news on the DOTM toyline. Of particular note is the Ultimate Optimus Prime with trailer. Optimus Combines with his trailer, yay. Below is the full blog post from Kapow Toys:

New Dark of the Moon UK Toy Fair product breakdown
No pics as not allowed but here are the general products from DOTM you can expect with a little more info

MECHTECH

1) Transformers Movie 3 Mechtech Deluxe Assortment

New Mechtech weapons system features an assortment of new key transformers movie 3 characters. Includes new deployable mechtech weapon system that works with other mechtech assortments. Deployable weapons attach and convert in both modes

2) Transformers Movie 3 Mechtech Voyager Assortment

New Mechtech weapons system features an assortment of new key transformers movie 3 characters. Larger scale voyagers include bigger mechtech weapons that can be attached at multiple points in both robot and vehicle mode.

3) Transformers Movie 3 Mechtech Leader Assortment

Largest scale movie themed Mechtech weapons provide the most features in the mechtech system. Weapons include light and sounds and attach into large scale converting characters in both robot and vehicle modes. Weapon conversion deploys when attached.

4) Transformers Movie 3 Ultimate Optimus Prime

Movie 3 features Optimus Prime driving into battle with his weapon trailer. Trailer converts into Mech suit that powers up Optimus Prime. Try me packaging with lights and sound. Optimus Prime has several ports to armor up with Mechtech weapons from other characters.

Cyberverse - ( Scout and Legends class with extras )

1) Cyberverse Legion Assortment

Create the massive and immersive transformers world. Cyberverse Legion delivers smaller scale key characters and aspirational styling that is seen throughout the transformers world. This is the entry price point for Cyberverse and Transformers.

2) Cyberverse Commander Assortment

Create the massive and immersive transformers world. Play out the heroic story with a collection of larger scale more prominent figures from the transformers world. Large roster of key recognisable characters drive collectability

3) Cyberverse Ark Playset

The Cyberverse Ark is the capstone of the Cyberverse world. The Ark provides 2 in 1 play as it converts from vehicle mode to battle station. Includes light, sound and projectiles as well as multiple battle scenario play. Also includes a figure.

4) Cyberverse Action Set Assortment

Multi configurable sets have a variety of modes an include legion or commander sized figures. Sets have a wide range of features including weapons, accessories, ramps and gunner stations. Connect 2 or all 6 together to build out your ultimate world.

Robot Heroes

1) Robo Fighters - can you say Action Master ???

Traditional Action figure play with simply push button activiation in robots chest reveals special weapons and gear for each character. Assortment includes top tier characters like Bumblebee and Optimus Prime that children love.

2) Activators

Great introduction to the transformers fantasy and conversion play. Simple push button activation allows kids to change back and forth from vehicle to robot mode.

3) Go-Bots

Pull back and go in both robot and vehicle mode.

4) Revving Robots assortment

Introduction to Transformer brand with great crash and bash play. Big demonstratable weapon is kid activated through shoudler trigger. Weapon has lights and soundthat get bigger brighter and louder the more kids play with it.

5) Bash Bots

Head to head battle play with more than meets the eye magic. Pick your opponent and engage in battle. Push the trigger for automatic vehicle to robot conversion. Knock your opponent off of their base for ultimate victory. Top tier characters Optimus Prime, Bumblebee , Megatron and Starscream.

6) Optimus Prime Cyber Blaster

Key weapon that Optimus uses to takeout the decepticon threat and save earth. Heroic blaster with lights sound and multipe projectiles help children playout the climatic battle scene.

7) Energon Shock Sword

Key weapon used by the nest forces and a key character in the movie 3 battles. Automatic converting weapon converts from cybertronian weapons into the energon shock sword used to protect earth from the decepticons.

8) Battle Mask Assortment

Converting Battle mask with moveable visor for normal to battle mode play. Includes Optimus and Bumblebee.

Movie Speedstars & Stealth Force

1) Mini Chargers assortment - Please be a MASK redux!

Create your own battles with the Stealth Force mini chargers . These 1/50 scale vehicles include manual weapon reveal and come complete with figure for out of the pack battles.

2) Stealth Force Assortment

Transform and roll out Easy pull activation for partial transformation weapon reveal and vehicle battle mode. Try me packaging.

3) Stealth Force Deluxe Assrotment

As above but push button activation

4) Stealth Force Bumblebee

With the push of a button Bumblebee unleashes a fury of offensive and defensive weapons in a dramatic reveal. Also with lights and sound for more realism, only this Bumblebee with allow boys to play out full vehicle battling.

Though I have been disappointed with the revealed toys so far, I must admit I am looking forward to Ultimate Optimus Prime. Hasbro do seem to be covering all bases with this line.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Re: DOTM Toyline Blog from Kapow Toys (Possible Movie Spoilers)

Postby Dinoswipe » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:19 pm

the ark i hope is really cool
ultimate optimus prime i hope is relly cool
Dinoswipe

Postby Burn » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Ultimate Prime sounds like a pass.

Wait for the Ultra Magnus repaint instead. 8)
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Those Cyberverse things sound like a dream come true. I cannot freaking wait!!!
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Noideaforaname » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:00 pm

"Cyberverse' sounds promising, especially considering how well done the recent Legends and Scouts were. The Ark evidently does NOT have a robot mode (aww...), but the accessories ("all 6"?) apparently can form a base. Wonder if the Ark and accessories can further combine into a super-base...
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
I'm not big on the movie toys, but I'll certainly be getting a trailered Prime! :D
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby OptiMagnus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I knew it I knew it I knew it!!!! I knew they'd swap the spots of Ultimate Bumblebee and Leader Optimus Prime. I HAVE to have Prime.

Burn wrote:Ultimate Prime sounds like a pass.

Dude...you better not be kidding us. If you're being serious I will be the happiest man in the world.
If we are getting my favorite character of all time, I will save up for both the Ultimate bros.

SlyTF1 wrote:Those Cyberverse things sound like a dream come true. I cannot freaking wait!!!

I know. These sound fun...and possibly affordable.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...

Would Paramount even allow Hasbro to repaint movie Prime into someone else? Doesn't the movie studio have a say in movie toys?
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby OptiMagnus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Would Paramount even allow Hasbro to repaint movie Prime into someone else? Doesn't the movie studio have a say in movie toys?

Hmm...I thought about that, but we have gotten Cliffjumper, Thundercracker, and Smokescreen, who were repaints of cast members into new characters. So I suppose this is plausible.
Anyway, that wouldn't really matter if he is in the movie itself, considering the white with blue flamed Peterbilt with trailer that was seen at a few filming sites.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby Burn » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
OptiMagnus10 wrote:I knew it I knew it I knew it!!!! I knew they'd swap the spots of Ultimate Bumblebee and Leader Optimus Prime. I HAVE to have Prime.

Dude...you better not be kidding us. If you're being serious I will be the happiest man in the world.
If we are getting my favorite character of all time, I will save up for both the Ultimate bros.

That was said without any inside knowledge.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Would Paramount even allow Hasbro to repaint movie Prime into someone else? Doesn't the movie studio have a say in movie toys?

Break out the pitchforks, we march on Paramount in the eve!
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby First-Aid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
WOw, I am on a roll. FIrst I call the Super Bowl ad for TF3, then I call the Ultimate Optimus Prime with trailer! I rock! I wish I would have picked the football games last weekend as well!
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby BATTOUSAIXD » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Motto: "Sine Metu"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
The Ultimate Prime sounds great! Hopefully it will be leader scaled, just with the trailer. The regular leaders better at least include Shockwave and Megatron. And hopefully Megatron's mold will be more movie accurate than the last one.
BATTOUSAIXD
Combiner
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Darn it! That's twice now! First with Barricade and now Prime. I let myself get all excited and thought that, for just a moment, there was hope for this line. Then reality slowly set back in and I thought of all of those crappy Mechtech weapons on a large scale and combined that image with a super-sized mental picture of the horrid Voyager class Prime they're giving us. End result = a Supreme Class, overpriced, P.O.S. Prime with a bunch of mish-mash weapons slapped all over his body like Frankensteins illegitimate offspring dropped into an ammo dump.

Yes, I'm simply spouting a single opinion. No, I don't expect anyone to agree with me.
If you're excited about the prospects of the DotM line, then by all means, enjoy my share of the spoils.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby prmlove1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:56 pm

Motto: ""Till all are mine""
Weapon: High-Powered Plasma Blaster With Infra-Red Sight
I think it goes without saying that Megatron and Prime will get the leader treatment as usual. We will likely get a surprise figure get the leader treatment like Starscream did. I am not 100 percent certain about Shockwave getting the leader treatment, however. If I remember correctly, The Fallen was originally planned to have a leader class toy but he didn't, just a bunch of voyagers (BTW is the most recent wave of voyagers not being made anymore?).
I am looking for a set of Botcon 2012 Junkions at a decent price...
prmlove1
Micromaster
Buy from prmlove1 on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Soundgrave » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 am

a white semi on set?? where is the =P~ proof?
Soundgrave
Mini-Con

Postby The Legend » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:15 am

I don't give a badger's arse about any of that Bayverse junk, I just want to know if we'll be getting more RTS/Generations released here.
The Legend
Headmaster Jr

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
If Prime is able to combine with his trailer, I might pick him up. But only if he's as articulated as RoTF leader. If it's more like the 2007 version, I'll pass. That toy sucks and looks like crap. I am pretty much sold on the Megatron tanker, so hopefully that will get leader treatment as well, and not just the voyager we have seen.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Mykltron » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:56 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Ultimate Prime with armour?

Ark playset?

This could be cool.

I think it will be lame.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:36 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
The Legend wrote:I don't give a badger's arse about any of that Bayverse junk, I just want to know if we'll be getting more RTS/Generations released here.

If you don't care about movie toys than why post in a thread about movie toys?
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby xtsaur » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:31 am

Sweet finally a movieverse Blackout!!!... still holding onto hope....
xtsaur
Micromaster

Postby Screamfleet » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:39 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

They can still very much paint prime in different colors.
They may not be able to call him ultra magnus, but they can make it look like him.
Screamfleet
Pretender
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby The Legend » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 am

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
The Legend wrote:I don't give a badger's arse about any of that Bayverse junk, I just want to know if we'll be getting more RTS/Generations released here.

If you don't care about movie toys than why post in a thread about movie toys?

Because it's UK Toy Fair news and I live in the UK. I'm expressing my dissapointment that there's no information on the future of RTS/Generations here. Satisfactory explanation?
The Legend
Headmaster Jr

Postby rpetras » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Saving me money one announcement at a time!

The trailered prime is the ONLY thing in this line that has my interest. That may be squashed as soon as I see it.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Swiftknife24 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:47 am

Motto: "With a blade, one gets close, personal and feels the kill."
Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Ultimate Prime - Oh my poor moneys XD Vastly confident for this!

I really hope they continue the die-cast Speed Stars (formerly RPMs) for DOTM; my collection won't look complete without DOTM characters/vehicles!

I've been compiling a scale list (largest to smallest) of the Film Transformers based on; vehicle/alternate modes (with the best dimension data possible), as many official charts I could find & most crucially, the figures I actually own & desire! If anyone would like a bit of assistance in scale or would simply like a peek at the list, do say so! ^^

(Also been working on something big; I'm a writer, so that's a clue... ;))
Swiftknife24
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Watch Swiftknife24 on YouTube
Speed: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Godzillabot Primal » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Motto: "Roll out!"
Incredible selection of TF toys they will be shoving toys on the floor. So now I’m going to sum up what I think about all the sublines

#1 MECH TECH ------ If I will get any of them it will probably none movie TF’s
#2 Ultimate ------- UOP it all depends on how his super mode looks like
#3 Cyberverse ----- Probably most of them, also depends on how the ark looks like
#4 Robot heroes ----- from my perspective it’s a waste ‘o plastic
#5 Speed stars ------ I find them an interesting concept I may get one or two

(On #1 I probably will get the Wreckers Crankcase Meg’s Ferrari Bot and maybe Sentinel prime)
(On #5 I may get the Ferrari bots SS if there is one, I am going get into customs soon so I may get one to customize into Ben 10’s car)

Thanks for BeastProwl fixing the link!
Godzillabot Primal
Faction Commander
Strength: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: ???
Firepower: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #33 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210467 33RI (CA) Milne 230906AB"
TRANSFORMERS #33 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #70 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Wildman 230915E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200534 24B (CA) Powell 221205"
TRANSFORMERS #24 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 2RI (CA) Pitre-Durocher"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #42 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220434 42A (CA) Shepherd"
TRANSFORMERS #42 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 FEB200657 8B (A) Miyao (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON