Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse

Saturday, April 28th, 2012 6:30PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,314

Our gallery of the new Transformers Cyberverse products that were on display is now live. Click here or any of the image below for the full updated gallery.

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374319)
Posted by crazyjeffy on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:37pm CDT
Did movieverse Devastator and Bumblebee have a baby?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374325)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 28th, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
Oh Dumblebee, how odd you look. Fortunately, Wheeljack's ship looks AWESOME. And I might even consider buying the Energon drill thingamajigawhutsit. (That's a real word, go look it up.)

Okay, not a real word. Don't go looking it up.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374366)
Posted by wolverinetodd on April 28th, 2012 @ 7:12pm CDT
Ultra Magnus looks heaps of coolness, although I can do without yet another repaint of Bumblebee. The only part of him that makes him actually "Quickblade" is how fast I can place his weapon into his hand after transforming him. Of course, this time around Hasbro went another direction with the naming a black painted Bumblebee with yellow trim. Usually this is their idea of a "stealth" Bumblebee.

Although Nightwatch Optimus Prime may be a slight repaint, it's cool that he's got that head remold without the face mask, making him more reminiscent of his Transformers: Prime's show version.

Is that a typo or is the new Decepticon bike supposed to be Flamewear as opposed to Flamewar?
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374415)
Posted by all_the_primes on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:07pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374419)
Posted by RAcast on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:11pm CDT
all_the_primes wrote:looking at the Cyber Verse, I want a voyager/leader version of Ultra Magnus. But then again, the powererizer crap would probably ruin it for me... :HEADHURTS:

Honestly, he's probably the only character's weapon the powerizer gimmick would make SENSE for, being that it's already a massively huge weapon. Just remove the spring, find a way to lock it extended, and BAM, magic super hammer.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374420)
Posted by all_the_primes on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:13pm CDT
RAcast wrote:

I honestly didn't actually think of that. Good thinkin'
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374439)
Posted by RAcast on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:26pm CDT
all_the_primes wrote:
RAcast wrote:

I honestly didn't actually think of that. Good thinkin'

Well, that said, Megatron's is perfectly good too, lol. And Optimus' is the right size, it's just a shame they didn't engineer it so his hand could fold away and hold it as a gun-arm. Starscream's and Bulkhead's ARE both awful though.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374464)
Posted by all_the_primes on April 28th, 2012 @ 8:53pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
all_the_primes wrote:
RAcast wrote:

I honestly didn't actually think of that. Good thinkin'

Well, Megatron's could've been better if it weren't for the lights(maybe for all). yes, Optimus's weapon could've been like a "flip the hand to reveal the Gun" thing.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374504)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 28th, 2012 @ 9:41pm CDT
Anything on a Deluxe/Voyager (Powerizer, I don't care, they're the same thing) Ultra Magnus? :???:
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1374817)
Posted by OptiMagnus on April 29th, 2012 @ 12:31pm CDT
ULTRA MAGNUS! :D

I am so happy. (I really hope there's a voyager coming our way).

However, I'm going to be a hypocrite- a HUGE hypocrite- right now. He just really doesn't look G1 enough. Really just too much dark blue. If they could fit some white in the color scheme, it would look better IMO.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1375036)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 30th, 2012 @ 2:19am CDT
the arcee repaint looks awesome ill probably pick it up and magnus looks cool too but not sure if its $9 cool. Plus we all know the stores will sell it for $10 just like they do now and its really not worth that. Also wish he looked more like G1 magnus and less like animated.
Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage: Transformers Cyberverse (1375288)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on April 30th, 2012 @ 6:04pm CDT
I'm surprised they didn't make Nightwatch OP a little darker still and name it Nemesis Prime.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys