SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel

Transformers News: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 4:00PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 61,893

This is the BIG Transformers news panel. Panel starts at 1:30PM Pacific. Keep checking back to this topic for updates after that time. Our gallery of this panel can be found by clicking here.

San Diego Comic Con wrote:1:30 - 2:30 Hasbro: Transformers Brand - Aaron Archer (vice president, Hasbro Design) and Jerry Jivoin (director, Global Transformers Brand) discuss the hottest Transformers topics including the Transformers Prime and Transformers Rescue Bots TV series, action figures, video games, comics, theme park rides and more. Attendees will also get sneak peeks at upcoming action figures and brand news. Jerry and Aaron will also host some Q&A for your burning Transformers questions. Roll out! Room 24ABC

(Doing Q&A first because of technical difficulties with the power point presentation)

Hasbro is going to re-release the Transformers Prime: First Edition toys this fall, around November. Exclusive to Toys R Us.

New episodes of the emmy award winning Transformers Prime cartoon starts up in the fall for the back half of season 2. No date specified.

Still looking at ways to bring the last waves of Dark of the Moon products to retail. It's on their radar. "Stay tuned."

Someone asked about a Metroplex toy ... teased us, but no final answer. "Would you guys like to see a Metroplex toy?"

... presentation begins.

Going through the Universal Studios presentation, and now the Jagex MMO. Nothing new that hasn't been covered at previous Transformers related events such as BotCon.

Transformers Prime Season 2 presentation

Starscream launcher
Bumblebee with G1 battle mask
New 2013 products
Jump shots
Spin shots
Flip shots
Blitz shots (traditional bash style)

Transformers Exclusives
------------------------------------------------------------
Jetwing Optimus Prime - November A1616
Masterpiece Thundercracker - October, new Starscream mold
G2 FOC Bruticus in G2 packaging ... looks awesome!, commissioned one of the G2 artists, looks like a 1990s package

Transformers Prime First Edition (TRU exclusive)
------------------------------------------------------------
Deluxes: Arcee, Terrorcon Cliffjumper, Vehicon, and Starscream
Deluxes: Bulkhead and Optimus Prime

China Imports
------------------------------------------------------------
Will be at TRU 4th quarter
Bluestreak, Motorbreath, Hoist, Thundercracker
Sandstorm, Dead End, Brawl, and Laserbeak
Deluxes: Wheelie, Cliffjumper, Swerve, Springer
Voyagers: Hot Spot, Powerdive, G2 Megatron
DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime (Year of the Dragon)

Transformers Dark Energon exclusive series (BBTS exclusives)
------------------------------------------------------------
Bumblebee,Wheeljack, Knockout, Starscream (all clear)
Voyager scale Optimus and Megatron

Transformers Generations
------------------------------------------------------------
Combaticons remolded/repainted into Wreckers
Impactor (Onslaught), Twintwist (Brawl), Topspin (Blast Off), Roadbuster (Swindle), and Whirl (Vortex)
Wreckers combine into Ruination
Generations Legends Eject, Ramhorn, Rewind, and Sundor
Blaster remold from Soundwave, comes with Steeljaw, will have out at booth
VOYAGER GRIMLOCK!!!

Linkin Park loves Transformers
"What's a rock star Transformer look like?"
Linkin Park gold G1 Soundwave in special packaging

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399771)
Posted by El Duque on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:12pm CDT
That Wreckers retool of the Combaticons sounds awful.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399772)
Posted by It Is Him on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:16pm CDT
The Wreckers retool. Ugh... :sad:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399773)
Posted by Anonymous. on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:18pm CDT
[color=teal]No Duke.. LP Soundwave sounds worse ;)

Awww, just when I was going to swindle someone's $ with a few of my FE Primes QQ
[/color]
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399774)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:22pm CDT
Almost pulled the trigger on a FE OP & Bulkhead on eBay today. Whew! Think I'll bide my time :)
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399775)
Posted by It Is Him on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:22pm CDT
On second thought, I'm glad we're getting Grimlock. And maybe those Wreckers aren't completely terrible. Disappointing... yes, but terrible? I dunno. We are up to 4 different decos on Bruticus at this point.

EDIT 1: Hasbro, I appreciate the effort, but I'm not sure what to think of the Wreckers, honestly. Yeah, I love these characters, but these retools seem like innappropriate choices for the toys. I mean, not even the colors don't seem like they correctly homage the heritage characters. More-to-the-point, they don't really belong in a main Generations line. These might be cool store exclusives, but... After the heavy-hitters we got last time with Kup, Scourge and Wreck-Gar, I would have imagined we would get something more substantial in 2013.

Edit 2: Epiphany. I get it now. OK. Still a little weird.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399776)
Posted by Burn on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:28pm CDT
And the bastardisation of The Wreckers continue.

Impact deserves more than being just a repaint. He deserves his own mold and his own zombie mold.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399777)
Posted by El Duque on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:28pm CDT
I notice Voyager Breakdown was completely absent from the presentation........
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399779)
Posted by Mkall on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:29pm CDT
Those wreckers are going on my Shattered Glass Shelf.

Aside from the China Imports making it to TRU, I wasn't too excited by this.

Except for Grimlock of course.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399782)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:33pm CDT
wait wait, first editions? back? if they are beck I'm gonna feel like a total ass. but hey, i can get me a 1st edition vehicon for the army. and the wreckers sound horrid. good to know that the FEs are coming back :) but no breakdown? WTF??? and the blaster sounds nice.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399784)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:34pm CDT
Working on getting the gallery up here soon ... maybe will be up in about 20 minutes
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399792)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:43pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399793)
Posted by El Duque on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:45pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:So Basically instead of FE Cliffjumper we're getting a Zombie version that's different than the SDCC one?

So it would seem.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399797)
Posted by Heavy B on July 12th, 2012 @ 4:57pm CDT
Wait, aren't prime and bulkhead voyagers?
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399798)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 12th, 2012 @ 5:00pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:Wait, aren't prime and bulkhead voyagers?

A mistype, I'm guessing. Ryan's doing an excellent job in transcribing everything as it goes up almost live, something's bound to slip!

Waiting for the gallery for further comments, but got me a Takara Breakdown just in case.
If something shows up on the Western market, so be it. Better be safe than sorry, and I got some money through this week.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399803)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2012 @ 5:09pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399804)
Posted by Anonymous on July 12th, 2012 @ 5:17pm CDT
I know it's a naive thing to do, but I'm still hoping for the rest of the FoC Dinobots and Insecticons to be revealed soon.

I want Sludge. :(
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399805)
Posted by G1 Legacy on July 12th, 2012 @ 5:17pm CDT
:roll: (Sigh) So THIS is the big roll out for Hasbro this year? We got pretty much teased at Botcon and now this. I tell you, as a G1 & G2 fan this has been a pretty crappy year for the most part (particulary the last couple of months). There just seems to be SO much potential for so many bonefied hits out there with these various lines and so this showing has ended up having a rather anticlimactic feel to me. I guess I should be thankful that my wallet is getting a break for a few months, but what happend to all of those Generations figures they've been alluding to. I thought we might get atleast a few more heavy hitter new molds than this. I mean Wheelie with a Jazz body...c'mon. Wreckers out of Combaticons and hailing it under the "Generations" banner? :SICK:
Size and scale all haywire for FOC line? :HEADHURTS:

Yep, I'm in the twilight zone here. :BANG_HEAD:

Oh and to add insult to injury they raise the costs across the board and give us less plastic to boot. I'm sorry guys, I know Seibertron has to be Pro-Hasbro in general. Just calling it like I see it.

*But seriously, thanks for your hard work covering and posting all this Ryan, even though it hasn't been good news for me, it's nice knowing we have an outlet for this sort of event. :BOWDOWN:
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399806)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 12th, 2012 @ 5:22pm CDT
Holy Firebreathing Dinosaurs!

Grimlock has a light up gimmick that MAKES SENSE! It's the FLAMETHROWER in his MOUTH! :shock:

Oh, he must show up on my shelf. Even just a cameo.
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399808)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 12th, 2012 @ 5:25pm CDT
....how incredibly disappointing.

Generations ended up being exactly what we thought. (A few new molds strewn about in a sea of redecos and remolds.)

Prime...rather let down. No Breakdown, unless you import? Really? Hardly seems fair. BBTS is getting their own redeco line? Didn't they learn from Piranicon? Geez. Great news that First Edition WILL see the light of day.

I think this whole Bruticus fiasco is a huge mess. Just an absolute mess.
I think Soundwave/Blaster is just cheesy, though the cassettes are REALLY nice.
Linkin Park Soundwave? Blargh.

....I expected more. I really should learn to expect the worst and throw high hopes out the window, cuz...wow.

2014 better be a damn good year. A. Damn. Good. Year.

Glad to see Prime (the show) is continuing. Can't wait!
No mention of Masterpiece Optimus, or it's price. Odd...
Re: SDCC 2012 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Brand panel (1399810)
Posted by Heavy B on July 12th, 2012 @ 5:28pm CDT

Old school. Metal. WANT

Ending Soon On eBay

SPECIAL G1 Transformers headmaster WEIRDWOLF HEADMASTER MONZO & GUN LOT parts - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 6 minutes 32 seconds
G1 Transformers POWERMASTER OPTIMUS PRIME PARTS WEAPONS LOT x4 head PM Hi-Q HiQ - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 38 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Takara Tomy LG-13 Megatron Legends New Sealed US Seller! - Time Remaining:  14 hours 1 minute 37 seconds
Transformers Dark of the moon Mechtech Decepticon Thundercracker 2010 MB - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 2 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Botcon 20006 AXALON RATTRAP New Sealed Never Opened - Time Remaining:  15 hours 18 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers G1 Generation 1 Trypticon FOR PARTS / REPAIR - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 7 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Dark of the moon Mechtech Autobot Mudflap 2010 MB - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 17 minutes 41 seconds
KRE-O TRANSFORMERS --MEGATRON-- BUILDING SET #30688 -- 2 shipping options!! - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 34 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents