Locations for filming Transformers 4: Age of Extinction in Chicago this week
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 10:48PM CDTCategory: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: El Duque Views: 38,237
*** DATES HAVE CHANGED ***
Date: August 12, 2013
Dear Building Managers, Businesses and Residents of the LaSalle Street Area,
As most of you hopefully know, Paramount Pictures is planning to film scenes for their upcoming motion picture, Transformers 4, along LaSalle Street. This is the second letter of notification being sent out; please take note of the following DATE CHANGES. Again, working closely with Alderman Reilly's office, we want to maintain strong lines of communication with the community. We are also working with the Chicago Police Department and the Chicago Film Office to ensure a smooth and cooperative filming event. Below you will find a NEW SCHEDULE of activity that could affect you. Please find details of proposed filming below:
FROM 6PM FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6 - 6AM MONDAY, SPTEMBER 9
FULL CLOSURE OF LASALLE FROM LAKE TO JACKSON WITH TEMPORARY CLOSURES OF RANDOLPH FROM CLARK TO WELLS AND MONROE FROM CLARK TO WELLS
OVERNIGHTS, FRIDAY SEPT 6 @ 6PM - MONDAY SEPT 9 @ 7AM: SET-UP/PREP, RESTORE/WRAP
- Crews will work overnight Friday and Saturday to prepare for filming.
- Crews will work overnight Sunday to restore LaSalle Street.
- LaSalle Street from Lake to Jackson will be closed to traffic and CPD will control pedestrian flow around our work sites.
- East-West streets (Lake, Washington, Madison, Adams, and Jackson from Wells to Clark) could see intermittent restrictions, but never more than one or two streets at a time.
STATURDAY SEPT 7 AND SUNDAY SEPT 8, 7AM - 10PM: FILMING
- North and South lanes of LaSalle St between Lake and Jackson will be closed to all vehicular traffic. Pedestrian traffic will be restricted to local access when safe.
- Randolph and Monroe, from Wells to Clark will be closed for portions of the day.
- At various times, never concurrently, Lake, Washington, Madison, Adams, and Jackson from Wells to Clark could be intermittently controlled by CPD for filming purposes.
- Filming will entail helicopter work, vehicular stunts, controlled special effects and pyrotechnics, complete with some loud noises.
LOW LEVEL AERIAL WORK / HELICOPTER: SATURDAY SEPT 7 AND SUNDAY SEPT 8, 7AM - 9:30AM
- A helicopter will be traveling north and sound along LaSalle from Randolph to Jackson. It will also travel over buildings bordering LaSalle and Clark from Lake to Jackson.
- Vehicular and pedestrian traffic from Randolph to Jackson and from Wells to Clark should expect 10 to 15 minute delays.
- LaSalle and Clark Street, within these closures, will also have 10 to 15 minute delays.
- Traffic on Wells and Dearborn St. will not be affected.
We operate with highly trained professionals and will be working closely with the necessary officials to ensure the safety of everyone and everything involved. Please feel free to become part of this discussion, as preparations will always benefit from everyone's input. Please let us know if there are any events, construction projects or other circumstances scheduled for this time frame that may be affected by our filming.
Please contact XXXXXX with questions or concerns. We will continue to update you as preparations progress. We ask for your assistance and appreciate you cooperation to make this a positive experience for everyone involved.
Your Transformers 4 Chicago Location Team