Hi all, just like to say that I have never done anything like this before and am a complete noob, so please forgive the 'dumb' questions that might pop up from time to time Plan
I want to repaint the toys from the Generations/FoC Combaticons set as Nexus Prime. At this time I am planning to use one of each of the figures, but because I am basing this on the TFCC NP exclusive I really do need a flyer to replace Swindle. That means a second Blast Off with a different colour scheme, but I don't want to use two identical molds if possible, which leaves me with using Swindle for now. Naturally my fingers are crossed for more combiners whose limbs can be mixed and matched with the Combaticons Supplies
I've read through the hints and tips thread and put together a list of what I will/might need to do the job and would appreciate some feedback on what is/isn't needed for a project like this one. I know that not everything listed below will be needed and added two different paint types to get suggestions on which would be better suited.
1. Rubbing alcohol or paint thinner; will the existing paint need to be removed?
2. Warm water and dish detergent
3. 1200 grit wet/dry sandpaper; want to avoid this if possible
4. Primer; only if painting a lighter colour over a darker colour?
5. Emory board on rub spots after primer?
6. Acrylic; easy to remove if a mistake is made?
7. Enamel; needs good ventilation, is more difficult and doesn't react well to PVC. Easy to remove if a mistake is made?
8. Paint sealer? Don't know much about this and why it is needed
That should take care of the colours, but the Bruticus head doesn't look right. Any suggestions here would also be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any advice.