Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Game Progress Thread

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Shadowman wrote:Steam is digital distribution, they can't give you a defective copy because there is no copy, it's all downloaded right to your computer. And if you don't want to play on PC, PSN also has the game for download. (As well as the GOTY version) Xbox Live Marketplace...maybe? I don't know.


I never bothered to register at PSN (good thing I didn't, since their servers got hacked last year). But maybe I should give it a try and download Borderlands. Here's hoping lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.

BTW, would it do any good if I delete the account after the purchase, or will they still retain my info in their database either way?
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2269
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Shadowman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:15 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rex Prime wrote:Ronald


Roland.

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Steam is digital distribution, they can't give you a defective copy because there is no copy, it's all downloaded right to your computer. And if you don't want to play on PC, PSN also has the game for download. (As well as the GOTY version) Xbox Live Marketplace...maybe? I don't know.


I never bothered to register at PSN (good thing I didn't, since their servers got hacked last year). But maybe I should give it a try and download Borderlands. Here's hoping lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.

BTW, would it do any good if I delete the account after the purchase, or will they still retain my info in their database either way?


I wouldn't bother deleting the profile, it would just prove to be more trouble than it's worth. And the whole hacking thing, while serious, was blown way out of proportion. Master Card and Visa both went on record saying that they had no records of anything related to identity theft occurring because of the PSN hacks. People just freaked out because they didn't know what was stolen. Basic profile information like names, e-mail, and passwords, which were rendered useless when Sony shut the PSN down, and are even more useless now.

Short version: The PSN is safe and last year's hack wasn't as big a deal as a lot of stupid, paranoid people made it out to be.

Borderlands 2:
Sanctuary took off thanks to Lilith phasewalking the entire city while it was in the air. Stole a Hyperior requisitions beacon to get a Fast Travel node, so I could get back up there. Now I'm running side missions.

Roland: "Good, you're not dead."
Lilith: "That's his way of saying 'Wow, you're such a badass, great to see you're still alive!'"
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28927
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Rex Prime » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Motto: "I Have Two Choices, Victory Or Death"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Shadowman wrote:
Rex Prime wrote:Ronald


Roland.


Darn, i feel so nooby

Borderlands

I Killed 9-Toes with his 3 balls and two skags, finished some stuff for T.K until i was prepared to fight that boss who i forgot his name, got a bike thingy with a machine gun, LVL 11
User avatar
Rex Prime
Vehicon
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Canada, Guelph
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:19 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Borderlands 2:
Did...well, lots of stuff. Liberated the town of Lynchwood from its evil (She killed a puppy just to prove a point) and yet outstandingly hot Sheriff. Screwed up Opportunity, a Hyperion-built (Well, WIP at least) city, including cutting down a bunch of Handsome Jack statues for Claptrap, destroying the new, Jack-owned Underdome for Moxxi, and splicing together the world's worst tourist video for Lilith. Now, I've got to go assault a Hyperion outpost holding the Vault Key.

Lilith: "If you don't make it back, I'm going to be pissed."
Roland: "Noted."
Lilith: "And if you do make it back, I'm gonna tear all your clothes off..."
Roland: "Also...noted."
Mordecai: "Ugh! We're standing right here! No one wants to know that!"
Brick: "Go on..."
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28927
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:26 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Shadowman wrote:I wouldn't bother deleting the profile, it would just prove to be more trouble than it's worth. And the whole hacking thing, while serious, was blown way out of proportion. Master Card and Visa both went on record saying that they had no records of anything related to identity theft occurring because of the PSN hacks. People just freaked out because they didn't know what was stolen. Basic profile information like names, e-mail, and passwords, which were rendered useless when Sony shut the PSN down, and are even more useless now.

Short version: The PSN is safe and last year's hack wasn't as big a deal as a lot of stupid, paranoid people made it out to be.


Good to know. Since it's DLC, I won't have to worry too much about it being sold out. Probably take my time downloading it.

For now, Hitman Absolution takes priority.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2269
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby The Happy Locust » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Motto: "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools- Douglas Adams"
Weapon: Black Magic
XenoBlade Chronicles
Moving forward with the story. My rescued companion had an ailment and I had to retrieve parts to fix it. She's fine now. the game threw us a twist by introducing a lost race that hadn't yet been seen. Cool.
We've fallen completely off the world and are now on a giant fallen hand at the foot of the Mechonis. Ran a few quests for the lost people and learned a lot about the history of the Mechon war. Was pointed to a path that lead to the Mechonis. I am now inside the Mechonis, working my way towards the top.
Next up on Pimp My Jeager.
Image


LocustManX2: New Episodes now showing!
Famous Characters, Locustized! now taking requests.

Psycho Warrior wrote:for this reason, that is why I like to be around Locust. fun stuff happens.
User avatar
The Happy Locust
God Of Transformers
Posts: 35282
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:46 pm
Location: In dreams, in nightmares, in embarrassing fantasies.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 10

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Borderlands 2:
BEATEN! Well, sort of. Yes, I beat the main story. Yes, I let Lilith kill Handsome Jack. But I still got a bunch of sidequests left to do, and the DLC, and Playthrough 2.

Mordecai: "Heheh, you know what that means."
Lilith: "Yeah. No rest for the wicked."
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28927
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:56 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Just started on Hitman Absolution. Glad to find David Bateson still voicing 47.

It's been years since I last played a Hitman game, but the controls are intuitive enough. Love the ability to ambush someone from a corner. The difficulty has been upped somewhat--guards now grow suspicious when you;re disguised as one of them and walk past them. The "instinct" feature allows you to temporarily tilt your head down to mimnimize suspicion, but the meter doesn't usually last long enough for you to get past safely.

Completed three missions, scoring Silent Assassin rank in the second mission (King of Chinatown).
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2269
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Wigglez » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Resident Evil 5
I beat it. Alot. I beat the game first on normal, then on veteran, and then on professional. I have every weapon upgrade and and got the infinite rocket launcher from beating it a 4th time in under 5 hours. I have most of the trophies from it.

Dishonored
I'm on my second playthrough. I'm trying to get the clean hands trophy and mostly flesh and steel trophy. That's where I have to beat the game without killing anybody and not buying any powers. Blink was just given to me so I whore the f*** out of it. So, I've been trying to ninja this game (yes I used ninja as a verb) like a **** now and I've been pretty successful. I managed to not kill anybody, knock out everybody who got in my way and neutralize all of the targets. But then I got to the Flooded District. I've gone through that mission 3 times last night and didn't kill anybody, at all. But when it got to the mission end, it said I killed someone. 3 times! I'm still trying to to do this mission without killing anybody.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Shadowman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Wigglez wrote:Resident Evil 5
I beat it. Alot. I beat the game first on normal, then on veteran, and then on professional. I have every weapon upgrade and and got the infinite rocket launcher from beating it a 4th time in under 5 hours. I have most of the trophies from it.


I don't have every weapon upgrade, mostly because it seemed kind of pointless after getting an Infinite Ammo Lightning Hawk. Give that to Sheva, and watch as all the problems people had with the AI partner suddenly vanish, replaced with a giant pile of dead Lickers.

Borderlands 2:
Doing Playthrough 2, or True Vault Hunter Mode as it's called. Now things are starting to get tough. Enemies that were only kinda tricky before are kicking my ass like they're getting the respawn fee. Good thing Deathtrap is such a badass robotic death god.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28927
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Hitman Absolution

Completed chapter 4 and 5. The new instinct system is going to be a bit of a pain until I unlock enough instinct meter upgrades to pass the guards before the meter runs out.

As I play through the game, I noticed there's less trial and error in play than in previous Hitman games, as you can now improvise via any of the new features such as feigning surrender before disarming the guard, point shooting a group of enemies, and even duking it out with the guard.

Your rank will of course be affected, but there's less of a need to restart from a checkpoint.

Fall of Cybertron

Why am I still playing this after beating all difficulties and unlocking all perks, data-logs and weapons? Transforming robots fighting on a metal battlefield, nuff said.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2269
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Wigglez » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:15 am

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Dishonored

I beat the whole game without killing anybody, including the targets and didn't upgrade any of the powers. Now I gotta go through it again without killing or alerting anybody besides the targets. But it will be alot simpler this time because I can buy some powers now that I have the Mostly Steel And Flesh trophy. Using possession on people makes sneaking around alot easier than just hiding behind things and trying to climb on rooftops.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Rex Prime » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:40 am

Motto: "I Have Two Choices, Victory Or Death"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Borderlands

LVL 23, i am at a prefect state, i got good elemental weapons, a large backpack, my ol'Sniper, A Machine Gun, and a Tirple Rocket RPG (Fires three rockets per click), i manged to get through Mad Mel by sniping his Vehicle from above the ramp, because i found beating him in a "Fair" game of Vehicle vs Vehicle hard, since he got other vehicles spawning with him. Met Scooter in person at last, went to Patrica Tannis (Or was it Tennis?)the half mad woman that i recovered her Journal once and...what did i do for her else...i forgot that part.

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

i can't believe i reinstalled that escapist paradise, but something brought me back to Skyrim, was it DragonBorn DLC? or didn't experience everything Dawngaurd has...but, well.
My Past Characters were beasts, but know i will settle for a Nord named Tyren, i am on my way up to High Hrothgar.
User avatar
Rex Prime
Vehicon
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Canada, Guelph
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rex Prime wrote:Patrica Tannis (Or was it Tennis?)the half mad woman that i recovered her Journal once and...what did i do for her else...i forgot that part.


1. It is Tannis.

2. She's not half mad. The second game mentions she has Aspergers, and that was before Pandora had its way with her. After that, well, what you see in the base game is her at her most stable. She is entirely mad.

3. Most likely it was the Vault Key.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28927
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Rex Prime » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:11 am

Motto: "I Have Two Choices, Victory Or Death"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Shadowman wrote:
Rex Prime wrote:Patrica Tannis (Or was it Tennis?)the half mad woman that i recovered her Journal once and...what did i do for her else...i forgot that part.


1. It is Tannis.

2. She's not half mad. The second game mentions she has Aspergers, and that was before Pandora had its way with her. After that, well, what you see in the base game is her at her most stable. She is entirely mad.

3. Most likely it was the Vault Key.


Thanks, now i just bought Borderlands 2 (yay) but i am not launching that game until i finished Borderlands.
I Remembered what i did else "For Her", it was clearing her mine-site from ghosts.
User avatar
Rex Prime
Vehicon
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Canada, Guelph
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Rex Prime wrote:I Remembered what i did else "For Her", it was clearing her mine-site from ghosts.


Took me a minute to remember that one, mostly because Guardians probably aren't ghosts. (Protip: Their shields are strong, but under that they're very brittle, and a good shock weapon will do them in quick)

Borderlands 2:
BEATEN! Again, sort of. On True Vault Hunter Mode, this time, so I've done with Story Mode twice over. Since I hit the level 50, the current cap, I kind of stopped doing side missions. I guess I'll do those when they increase the level cap. (Which the achievement for level 50 implies they're going to do)

Might as well start trying out the other characters.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28927
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Rex Prime wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Rex Prime wrote:Patrica Tannis (Or was it Tennis?)the half mad woman that i recovered her Journal once and...what did i do for her else...i forgot that part.


1. It is Tannis.

2. She's not half mad. The second game mentions she has Aspergers, and that was before Pandora had its way with her. After that, well, what you see in the base game is her at her most stable. She is entirely mad.

3. Most likely it was the Vault Key.


Thanks, now i just bought Borderlands 2 (yay) but i am not launching that game until i finished Borderlands.
I Remembered what i did else "For Her", it was clearing her mine-site from ghosts.


I just got Borderlands 2 too. But I joined a game that was ahead of my story and apparently it skipped me to that mission when I got back on single player, so I just quit...
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4058
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Hitman Absolution

Finished the game, now trying to complete the challenges and try new signature kills. The preset checkpoints can get super-annoying if you're trying to complete Infiltrator challenges. Make a wrong move and get spotted, and it's back the last checkpoint. Massively infuriating.

Still trying to figure out exactly what certain challenges actually want you to do (i.e. "Lieutenant Bad" in Chinatown--kill by proxy?!)
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2269
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:I just got Borderlands 2 too. But I joined a game that was ahead of my story and apparently it skipped me to that mission when I got back on single player, so I just quit...


It's not supposed to do that. No reason you can't just start a new character. Hell, I started three new characters just because I ran out of stuff to do on the first one.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28927
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I just got Borderlands 2 too. But I joined a game that was ahead of my story and apparently it skipped me to that mission when I got back on single player, so I just quit...


It's not supposed to do that. No reason you can't just start a new character. Hell, I started three new characters just because I ran out of stuff to do on the first one.


Well, I continued my Siren playthrough afterwards, who was only at level 3. The first playthrough was with Zero, who I had at level 18 before the game skipped me. But I quickly leveled up my Siren to level 18 because I joined a level 50 game and just let everyone kill all the enemies for me while I leveled up. A cheap ass tactic, but effective.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4058
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I just got Borderlands 2 too. But I joined a game that was ahead of my story and apparently it skipped me to that mission when I got back on single player, so I just quit...


It's not supposed to do that. No reason you can't just start a new character. Hell, I started three new characters just because I ran out of stuff to do on the first one.


Well, I continued my Siren playthrough afterwards, who was only at level 3. The first playthrough was with Zero, who I had at level 18 before the game skipped me. But I quickly leveled up my Siren to level 18 because I joined a level 50 game and just let everyone kill all the enemies for me while I leveled up. A cheap ass tactic, but effective.


Wouldn't the level 50 game also be ahead of you in the story? I didn't hit 50 until I was fighting BNK3R on TVHM.

Borderlands 2:
Focusing on Maya for...well, I guess you could call it playthrough 3? Putting more focus on her Cataclysm skill tree, since it's all of Lilith's best skills focused into only a couple of skills. Phaselock can be upgraded to cause four elemental effects (Shock, Corrosion, Fire, and Slag) and all kinds of other crazy cool stuff.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28927
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Everyone has Borderlands 2, I'm still rock'n 1 like a boss.

Borderlands: Playthrough 2

Finally beat it.

Lots of ****'n, downright sexy-ass guns. One of my personal favorites, The Scoped Guardian. Hold your ground...Forever.

And that one shotgun, Holy crap it shoots rockets!

and the vicious invader, BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! :michaelbay:

Anyhow, after I defeated The Destroyer, all the enemies on Pandora leveled up with me, holy crap! I cant drive for five seconds without being totally obliterated, kinda sucks.

Well, whenever I get the rest of that DLC...
Last edited by BeastProwl on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I just got Borderlands 2 too. But I joined a game that was ahead of my story and apparently it skipped me to that mission when I got back on single player, so I just quit...


It's not supposed to do that. No reason you can't just start a new character. Hell, I started three new characters just because I ran out of stuff to do on the first one.


Well, I continued my Siren playthrough afterwards, who was only at level 3. The first playthrough was with Zero, who I had at level 18 before the game skipped me. But I quickly leveled up my Siren to level 18 because I joined a level 50 game and just let everyone kill all the enemies for me while I leveled up. A cheap ass tactic, but effective.


Wouldn't the level 50 game also be ahead of you in the story? I didn't hit 50 until I was fighting BNK3R on TVHM.


Yeah, but when it skipped me ahead in my first playthrough, a message popped up after I finished the mission I was on and I just pressed X without reading it. It said something about skipping ahead, but I didn't care enough to finish reading it... So I would assume clicking on the "No" button will keep me where I am in the story.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4058
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby Shadowman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
BeastProwl wrote:Everyone has Borderlands 2, I'm still rock'n 1 like a boss.

Borderlands: Playthrough 2

Finally beat it.

Lots of ****'n, downright sexy-ass guns. One of my personal favorites, The Scoped Guardian. Hold your ground...Forever.

And that one shotgun, Holy crap it shoots rockets!

and the vicious invader, BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! :michaelbay:


Huh? I can't hear you over all my guns that make Bessie (The strongest sniper rifle in the game) look like a cheap pellet gun. Oh, hello 7000 damage rating assault rifle, how are you? Why, yes, I have met the 130k damage Rocket Launcher, I was just having lunch with him and the 4000 damage incendiary SMG.

No offense to Bessie, you know I still love you, babe.

BeastProwl wrote:Anyhow, after I defeated The Destroyer, all the enemies on Pandora leveled up with me, holy crap! I cant drive for five seconds without being totally obliterated, kinda sucks.


Yeah, that's playthrough 2.5; all the enemies become MUCH tougher. Borderlands 2 has it as well, part of the reason I'm not touching any of the leftover sidequests until the level cap increase comes out.

BeastProwl wrote:Well, whenever I get the rest of that DLC...


Do it! Borderlands has some of the best DLC ever. It's like Fallout's DLC, but satisfying.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28927
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Game Progress Thread

Postby BeastProwl » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Shadowman wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Well, whenever I get the rest of that DLC...


Do it! Borderlands has some of the best DLC ever. It's like Fallout's DLC, but satisfying.


It's complicated.

"Gasps" So my friend gave me his PSN so I was able to download all the DLC and Borderlands for free, but didn't have enough time to download them all, just the...underdome... since then I spent all that time in illinois, and now Im in georgia, and I dont have any wifi, so I can't finish the download. Not like I could though, since then Sony has put a stricter limit to how many people can share accounts, so he booted me off temporarely untill I get wireless, and is sharing with another frient ATM.so in short if I sign on to PSN, I loose Borderlands and several other games and add ons I got from his account.

Thats why I was wondering, can I buy the Game of the year edition of borderlands, and download the DLC from the disk itself? Then use it on my downloaded copy so I dont have to start over again due to the data being different between the two? It was for LBP Game of the year edition, so I assume borderlands is the same? If I restart AGAIN it will be for the fourth time! I cant find an answer to that exact question anywere on the internet...

:BANG_HEAD:
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014