Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about TF Knock Offs and 3rd party toys.

Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Sidecutter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:49 am

This doesn't seem to have made it around to the other boards, so I wanted to drop in and make sure everyone knew about this, as slots for the class are very limited, and the total number of kits produced will be limited to 100.

Captured Prey is pleased to present, in association with Encline Designs, a third party custom class, with figures produced by Mech Ideas! The class will he held June 27th, 2013 in San Diego, California, in the PG Room of the Best Western Seven Seas. Encline, a well known customizer in the fan community who does excellent work, will be instructing the class. Attendee seats are limited to a maximum of 65. Non-attendee sets are currently sold out, but will be available again if there are attendee seats unclaimed after a while.

Each attendee custom kit includes the following!
• Two unique, deluxe-scale figures, produced JUST for this class by Mech Ideas! Only 100 sets produced!
• Two custom heads, designed and produced specially for the figures!
• FREE Bonus Mech Ideas iPhone 4/4s case!
• Includes all necessary paints for the project!
• Includes brushes and basic tools!
• Drinks are provided for each attendee!
• Detailed, in-person instruction by exceptional customizer and artist Encline!

Each non-attendee kit includes the same parts, but with an instructional DVD by Encline replacing the class time (of course) and the drinks. The Best Western is a quarter-mile or less walk from the venue of "the big event" (ahem), even if you're starting on the far north side.

http://www.capturedprey.com/store/encline_custom_class_attendee

http://www.capturedprey.com/store/enclines_custom_class_non_attendee
Image
User avatar
Sidecutter
Mini-Con
Posts: 48
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Im all in. This sounds like a far better deal than the Botcon class.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6330
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby datguy86 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:09 am

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
You'd think the non-attendee sets would have been beefed up to help offset costs. I would love to have gotten a non-attendee set should funds allow.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 397
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Mkall » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:28 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Shame it seems the non-attending sets have sold out.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14184
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Sidecutter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:44 am

As noted, they're out right now, however, if it becomes necessary we can rejigger the numbers down the line, so we may make some more sets available to non-attendees.
Image
User avatar
Sidecutter
Mini-Con
Posts: 48
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Rated X » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:57 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Im really happy I got in on this. I have a feeling this sets gonna kick ass. Id rather do this than sit at a computer hitting refresh for 3 hours trying to get in the Botcon custom class. I have a life.

I could be wrong but here is my deduction:

* Mech Ideas only has 2 figures (upcoming Jumpstarters molds)

* 2 figures with bonus heads

* Banner shows a panther and some wings

* Sounds like classics Pounce and Wingspan (If Im wrong dont shoot me) ;)
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6330
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Motto: "Keep calm and form Voltron"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Seriously? People paid $150 for non attendee sets without having a clue about what the figures are?/look like?
william-james88 wrote:I am just glad the conversation has changed from just being about the butt flap

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 3613
News Credits: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Sidecutter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm

All the clues you need are already there, so I don't know that you would really say that they don;t have any idea what they are :)
Image
User avatar
Sidecutter
Mini-Con
Posts: 48
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby datguy86 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:40 am

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
Out of curiosity, is there a waiting list we can get on should the non-attendee sets pop back up? I'd like to try something like this.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 397
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby xyl360 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Prepare for tons of fan backlash. Doing the clones (Autobot or Decepticon) is nearly as bad (maybe worse) as the TFCC doing Punch/Counterpunch as an exclusive.

Of course many collectors aren't going to want to have to paint/customize to get the clones, and they'll likely want both Autobots and Decepticons.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
xyl360 wrote:Prepare for tons of fan backlash. Doing the clones (Autobot or Decepticon) is nearly as bad (maybe worse) as the TFCC doing Punch/Counterpunch as an exclusive.

Of course many collectors aren't going to want to have to paint/customize to get the clones, and they'll likely want both Autobots and Decepticons.



I just clicked on the link and there are still seats available. This thread has been up for nearly 2 days and they still havent sold 60 seats ??? When the backlash comes out, Ill be the first one on here to remind everybody how slowly the seats sold. >:oP
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6330
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby xyl360 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Rated X wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Prepare for tons of fan backlash. Doing the clones (Autobot or Decepticon) is nearly as bad (maybe worse) as the TFCC doing Punch/Counterpunch as an exclusive.

Of course many collectors aren't going to want to have to paint/customize to get the clones, and they'll likely want both Autobots and Decepticons.



I just clicked on the link and there are still seats available. This thread has been up for nearly 2 days and they still havent sold 60 seats ??? When the backlash comes out, Ill be the first one on here to remind everybody how slowly the seats sold. >:oP

Those seats are for people who can actually attend the event, right? The ones for order for those who can't make it ARE sold out, are they not? That's a geographical issue, not a supply/demand issue, so point it out all you want, but how relevant it is may be questionable.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Rated X » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
xyl360 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Prepare for tons of fan backlash. Doing the clones (Autobot or Decepticon) is nearly as bad (maybe worse) as the TFCC doing Punch/Counterpunch as an exclusive.

Of course many collectors aren't going to want to have to paint/customize to get the clones, and they'll likely want both Autobots and Decepticons.



I just clicked on the link and there are still seats available. This thread has been up for nearly 2 days and they still havent sold 60 seats ??? When the backlash comes out, Ill be the first one on here to remind everybody how slowly the seats sold. >:oP

Those seats are for people who can actually attend the event, right? The ones for order for those who can't make it ARE sold out, are they not? That's a geographical issue, not a supply/demand issue, so point it out all you want, but how relevant it is may be questionable.



While Machine Wars may not be the most popular choice, Botcon will sell a good amount of tickets. Many people are choosing not to give this a chance because they want to try to get in the Botcon class. Many will not get in, and miss this class too because they waited. Others are just skeptical. Im my opinion, those will be the first ones to complain. Why ? Because they see in person what they missed out on. From there it will trickle down to the rest of the TF community. Im not one of those snobbish collectors who want to be exclusive and privliged. If Mech Ideas decides to give the figures a mass release a few years later or they get KOed, I will be happy for the rest of the fans. But until then, they will have to be patient and wait like I had to wait for Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6330
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby xyl360 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Rated X wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Prepare for tons of fan backlash. Doing the clones (Autobot or Decepticon) is nearly as bad (maybe worse) as the TFCC doing Punch/Counterpunch as an exclusive.

Of course many collectors aren't going to want to have to paint/customize to get the clones, and they'll likely want both Autobots and Decepticons.



I just clicked on the link and there are still seats available. This thread has been up for nearly 2 days and they still havent sold 60 seats ??? When the backlash comes out, Ill be the first one on here to remind everybody how slowly the seats sold. >:oP

Those seats are for people who can actually attend the event, right? The ones for order for those who can't make it ARE sold out, are they not? That's a geographical issue, not a supply/demand issue, so point it out all you want, but how relevant it is may be questionable.



While Machine Wars may not be the most popular choice, Botcon will sell a good amount of tickets. Many people are choosing not to give this a chance because they want to try to get in the Botcon class. Many will not get in, and miss this class too because they waited. Others are just skeptical. Im my opinion, those will be the first ones to complain. Why ? Because they see in person what they missed out on. From there it will trickle down to the rest of the TF community. Im not one of those snobbish collectors who want to be exclusive and privliged. If Mech Ideas decides to give the figures a mass release a few years later or they get KOed, I will be happy for the rest of the fans. But until then, they will have to be patient and wait like I had to wait for Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge.

I won't argue with you there (I'm one of the folks that never gets to attend Botcon so I can't say how it actually is, but you're probably right).

I agree on the exclusivity factor as well. I don't care how 'rare' a figure is, that's not why I collect. The toys I've paid hundreds for are worth about the same to me in my collection as those which I've only paid $5-$20 for. Scarcity doesn't create value in my eyes, only demand and a missed opportunity for further profits if it's a figure people want but aren't able to obtain.

I also agree that if they decide to release these pre-painted etc. down the road (assuming they're actually good representations of the characters) that I'd be purchasing them.

I just don't think that the demand will necessarily trickle down from the attendees onward. The community at large (including internationally) is quite well informed these days about the goings on with exclusives from the various shows etc. thanks to sites like this one and TFW etc. so if these turn out good but are extremely limited in number, the demand will be there no matter what people actually at the show say about it.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Sidecutter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Back on the original topic...a little teaser, and a reveal.

The reveal? Their names!

Their names? Shawk and Pawe! :grin:

Image
Image
User avatar
Sidecutter
Mini-Con
Posts: 48
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Sidecutter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:12 pm

A few more non-attendee sets are now available!
Image
User avatar
Sidecutter
Mini-Con
Posts: 48
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:07 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Mkall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:43 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Sidecutter wrote:A few more non-attendee sets are now available!

Done and done.

Thanks!
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14184
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby xyl360 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 am

Mkall wrote:
Sidecutter wrote:A few more non-attendee sets are now available!

Done and done.

Thanks!

Same here, I got my preorder in and I can't wait to start painting :D!
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3008
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby necr0blivion » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I caved-in and also purchased a non-attendee set. I like Encline's work, so having a video to accompany two exclusive figures is even more icing on a cake. I really hope this jump starts any attempts I have at starting to do some custom paint work this year, I'd been wanting to for some time now.
necr0blivion
Godmaster
Posts: 1515
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby datguy86 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:40 am

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
Thank you for releasing more of the non-attendee sets. I just finished with my purchase and look forward to doing this.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 397
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:22 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Now all of a sudden everyone is a custom expert. Id rather have the expierence of attending the class. If I come between a rock and a hard place that the DVD is unclear or vauge, it will be nice to have an expert to speak with. Im hoping the kits are mostly assembly and as little painting as possible.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6330
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Mkall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Rated X wrote:Now all of a sudden everyone is a custom expert. Id rather have the expierence of attending the class. If I come between a rock and a hard place that the DVD is unclear or vauge, it will be nice to have an expert to speak with. Im hoping the kits are mostly assembly and as little painting as possible.

The truth is I lack the fine motor skills required to (most likely) do these figures justice. I may end up commissioning someone to finish up the figures for me. Time will tell I suppose.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14184
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Rated X » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Mkall wrote:
Rated X wrote:Now all of a sudden everyone is a custom expert. Id rather have the expierence of attending the class. If I come between a rock and a hard place that the DVD is unclear or vauge, it will be nice to have an expert to speak with. Im hoping the kits are mostly assembly and as little painting as possible.

The truth is I lack the fine motor skills required to (most likely) do these figures justice. I may end up commissioning someone to finish up the figures for me. Time will tell I suppose.



Ive done a little bit with a paint brush but Im no expert. I made a Cliffjumper from RTS Bee and Fracus/S**tpiece from translucent PCC versions. Ive also done a few touch ups on my Diaclone Sunstreaker/Sideswipe/Clampdown kitbashes. Removing paint is pretty easy though. My Headrobots Stronghold came out perfect. Im hoping I learn some tricks, especially when it comes to removing pins. You going to Botcon this year ?
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6330
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby datguy86 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
I've mostly put together model kits from Bandai's ease of use to Revell's not-so-much-so. I lack the fine painting skills, but both my dad and brother paint miniatures and I do not mind slipping them some cash. I like that a set of tools is coming with these toys, and look forward one day getting my work table set back up so I can improve my skills.
Image

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Vehicon
Posts: 397
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm
Location: Pennsyltucky
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Third Party Custom Class - Hosted by Encline!

Postby Mkall » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Rated X wrote:
Mkall wrote:
Rated X wrote:Now all of a sudden everyone is a custom expert. Id rather have the expierence of attending the class. If I come between a rock and a hard place that the DVD is unclear or vauge, it will be nice to have an expert to speak with. Im hoping the kits are mostly assembly and as little painting as possible.

The truth is I lack the fine motor skills required to (most likely) do these figures justice. I may end up commissioning someone to finish up the figures for me. Time will tell I suppose.



Ive done a little bit with a paint brush but Im no expert. I made a Cliffjumper from RTS Bee and Fracus/S**tpiece from translucent PCC versions. Ive also done a few touch ups on my Diaclone Sunstreaker/Sideswipe/Clampdown kitbashes. Removing paint is pretty easy though. My Headrobots Stronghold came out perfect. Im hoping I learn some tricks, especially when it comes to removing pins. You going to Botcon this year ?

Not this year I'm afraid. Too much other stuff that needs my money this time around.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14184
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Unofficial Transformers, 3rd Party and KO Toys

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014