Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Classics update

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby Agamemnon » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:39 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Emperor Primacron the 1st wrote:
SuperSaiyajinSasuke wrote:I still don't figure why you place Grimmy so low, I am aware he is not like G1 in many ways, but he is superior in a BW animal asthesic nature way, to me, he feels like what a BW Metal Grimlock or Megatron(With a more imposing mold) should have looked like. I just hate his lacking of a sword and the standard peg hole, I'd give him an 8/10


The fact the shoulders were put on backwords, pretty sloppy quality control if you ask me. :-?


Wait, are you talking about the screw holes being visable in robot mode?

'Cause they are not facing forward in T-Rex mode (or is he a raptor now...) I think it is a design compromise, not a QC mistake. I can see it being personal preference on wether they are visible from the front in Beast mode or robot mode. I suppose they could have covered them with labels.

Unless, of course, you are talking about something else in reference to the shoulders being backward.
Last edited by Agamemnon on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Agamemnon » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:41 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
briizilla wrote:I'm surprised you would rate Astrotrain so high. I'd give him a 4. He just looks more cheap and "toy-like" than the other figures in this line....


I'd rate Astrotrain higher because of his playability. I love fiddling with him. He is so easy to transform. I probably handle him the most out of all of them. Well, maybe second to Jetfire.

Speaking of Astrotrain, did anybody else have to trim a plastic tab to get him to transform into the shuttle properly?
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Bugbite » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:10 pm

I rated Astrotrain higher, because he is 100 times better then the brick he was in G1. I like my G1 Astrotrain I've had him since I was 9, but you can't do much with him. As far as Grimmy he looks Great but until they fix his QC problems I have to give him a low score.
Image
User avatar
Bugbite
Pretender
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:27 pm

Postby Agamemnon » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:37 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
*Mixmaster* wrote:I rated Astrotrain higher, because he is 100 times better then the brick he was in G1. I like my G1 Astrotrain I've had him since I was 9, but you can't do much with him. As far as Grimmy he looks Great but until they fix his QC problems I have to give him a low score.


Again, I guess I have to ask what QC problem you are speaking about.

*grumbleforumsdeletedgrumble*
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Greed » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:47 pm

Agamemnon wrote:
briizilla wrote:I'm surprised you would rate Astrotrain so high. I'd give him a 4. He just looks more cheap and "toy-like" than the other figures in this line....


I'd rate Astrotrain higher because of his playability. I love fiddling with him. He is so easy to transform. I probably handle him the most out of all of them.

I agree, he is the most fun of the Classics to fiddle with.
Greed
Godmaster
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Postby Redimus GTS » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Black_Convoy wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
briizilla wrote:I'm surprised you would rate Astrotrain so high. I'd give him a 4. He just looks more cheap and "toy-like" than the other figures in this line....


I'd rate Astrotrain higher because of his playability. I love fiddling with him. He is so easy to transform. I probably handle him the most out of all of them.

I agree, he is the most fun of the Classics to fiddle with.


I disagree, when I got the first wave, I played with Bumblebee the most, and now that I've got Jetfire, even Bumblebee has been relegated to standing there looking pretty.

I still dont think much of Astrotrain, especilly his train mode.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Greed » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:23 pm

Redimus wrote:
Black_Convoy wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
briizilla wrote:I'm surprised you would rate Astrotrain so high. I'd give him a 4. He just looks more cheap and "toy-like" than the other figures in this line....


I'd rate Astrotrain higher because of his playability. I love fiddling with him. He is so easy to transform. I probably handle him the most out of all of them.

I agree, he is the most fun of the Classics to fiddle with.


I disagree, when I got the first wave, I played with Bumblebee the most, and now that I've got Jetfire, even Bumblebee has been relegated to standing there looking pretty.

I still dont think much of Astrotrain, especilly his train mode.

Jetfire bores me kinda, why the hell does he have so many weapons? The guy could waste all the Cons by himself and I find that kinda lame.

As far as the Cons go, they all kinda suck, while I don't have Ramjet, all the current Cons are boring. Megs can't stand, the seekers can't even raise their arms, but Astrotrain's multi forms saves him from the monotony of lameness known as the Cons. Also I have no connection to Astrotrain so I don't mind fiddling with him. (Usually I don't fiddle with characters I actually like the characters of.)
Greed
Godmaster
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Postby Redimus GTS » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:27 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Black_Convoy wrote:
Redimus wrote:
Black_Convoy wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
briizilla wrote:I'm surprised you would rate Astrotrain so high. I'd give him a 4. He just looks more cheap and "toy-like" than the other figures in this line....


I'd rate Astrotrain higher because of his playability. I love fiddling with him. He is so easy to transform. I probably handle him the most out of all of them.

I agree, he is the most fun of the Classics to fiddle with.


I disagree, when I got the first wave, I played with Bumblebee the most, and now that I've got Jetfire, even Bumblebee has been relegated to standing there looking pretty.

I still dont think much of Astrotrain, especilly his train mode.

Jetfire bores me kinda, why the hell does he have so many weapons? The guy could waste all the Cons by himself and I find that kinda lame.

As far as the Cons go, they all kinda suck, while I don't have Ramjet, all the current Cons are boring. Megs can't stand, the seekers can't even raise their arms, but Astrotrain's multi forms saves him from the monotony of lameness known as the Cons. Also I have no connection to Astrotrain so I don't mind fiddling with him. (Usually I don't fiddle with characters I actually like the characters of.)


Whilst I agree that the majority of the cons could be better (although I do like Megs), I disagree that Astrotrain is the best of the bunch. Admitedly, being into trains as well as TFs means I will never stand for such an apuling train mode, but even so, he is just to compromised by his triplechanger-ness. (That and they could have easily done Blitzwing up to a modern standard without changing his design too much whereas Astrotrain is more difficult.)
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Greed » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:34 pm

Redimus wrote:
Black_Convoy wrote:
Redimus wrote:
Black_Convoy wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
briizilla wrote:I'm surprised you would rate Astrotrain so high. I'd give him a 4. He just looks more cheap and "toy-like" than the other figures in this line....


I'd rate Astrotrain higher because of his playability. I love fiddling with him. He is so easy to transform. I probably handle him the most out of all of them.

I agree, he is the most fun of the Classics to fiddle with.


I disagree, when I got the first wave, I played with Bumblebee the most, and now that I've got Jetfire, even Bumblebee has been relegated to standing there looking pretty.

I still dont think much of Astrotrain, especilly his train mode.

Jetfire bores me kinda, why the hell does he have so many weapons? The guy could waste all the Cons by himself and I find that kinda lame.

As far as the Cons go, they all kinda suck, while I don't have Ramjet, all the current Cons are boring. Megs can't stand, the seekers can't even raise their arms, but Astrotrain's multi forms saves him from the monotony of lameness known as the Cons. Also I have no connection to Astrotrain so I don't mind fiddling with him. (Usually I don't fiddle with characters I actually like the characters of.)


Whilst I agree that the majority of the cons could be better (although I do like Megs), I disagree that Astrotrain is the best of the bunch. Admitedly, being into trains as well as TFs means I will never stand for such an apuling train mode, but even so, he is just to compromised by his triplechanger-ness. (That and they could have easily done Blitzwing up to a modern standard without changing his design too much whereas Astrotrain is more difficult.)

Well maybe Ramjet will change my mind or I'll love the combiners coming out but right now, AT is my favorite Con with Megs as number two, if only he could stand up straight on his own with out having to mess with him so much.
Greed
Godmaster
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Postby Fang Wolf » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:44 pm

Emperor Primacron the 1st wrote:
SuperSaiyajinSasuke wrote:I still don't figure why you place Grimmy so low, I am aware he is not like G1 in many ways, but he is superior in a BW animal asthesic nature way, to me, he feels like what a BW Metal Grimlock or Megatron(With a more imposing mold) should have looked like. I just hate his lacking of a sword and the standard peg hole, I'd give him an 8/10


The fact the shoulders were put on backwords, pretty sloppy quality control if you ask me. :-?
They are not on backwards, it's a comprimise that was created due to the scientificaly correct T-Rex Alt mode, also what crappy Quality control? Mine holds together nicely ^_^
Fang Wolf
Pretender
Posts: 786
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:34 am

Postby Agamemnon » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:53 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Black_Convoy wrote:...if only he [Megatron] could stand up straight on his own with out having to mess with him so much.


Do you have the feet all the way extended out (there's a flap that folds out on the back to create a larger foot platform.) You probably do, but I thought I'd cover the basics.

I do not have any trouble with Megs standing. He usually does fine in a variety of poses. right now I have him, arm cannon up, legs spread one notch, knees bent one knotch (not all the way hyperextended) and twisted just slightly eagle toed. He sits on my computer monitor and I bump my desk regularly. He seems to be reasonably stable.
I once read that self deprecating humor is a sign of intelligence.
So, I started making fun of myself like crazy...

Favorite Handle from the MUD at the End of the Line:
Agamemnon - Bareback rider of flying dragons and not often constipated either.
Agamemnon
Gestalt
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: West Side, Twin Cities
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Greed » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:40 am

I can get him to stand up straight but I always have to raise his arms more than I want to in order counter balance his wings.
Greed
Godmaster
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Postby briizilla » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:45 am

Black_Convoy wrote:I can get him to stand up straight but I always have to raise his arms more than I want to in order counter balance his wings.


Remove his wings....thats what I did and he looks much better for it. I also painted over the purple on his legs and arms....I like purple but that was a little much.
briizilla
Mini-Con
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Postby Greed » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:56 am

briizilla wrote:
Black_Convoy wrote:I can get him to stand up straight but I always have to raise his arms more than I want to in order counter balance his wings.


Remove his wings....thats what I did and he looks much better for it. I also painted over the purple on his legs and arms....I like purple but that was a little much.

I don't dismantle my figs and I kinda like the look of the wings actually.
Greed
Godmaster
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Postby briizilla » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:04 pm

Black_Convoy wrote:
briizilla wrote:
Black_Convoy wrote:I can get him to stand up straight but I always have to raise his arms more than I want to in order counter balance his wings.


Remove his wings....thats what I did and he looks much better for it. I also painted over the purple on his legs and arms....I like purple but that was a little much.

I don't dismantle my figs and I kinda like the look of the wings actually.


Thats cool. I was on the fence about the wings. G1 Megs didn't have them, but I thought they looked kind of cool. I wasn't wild about the neon green inside though....and every time my friends came over and saw him they were like "WTF is up with him having wings"....my friend Rob actually started refering to him as "Fairy Megatron" :P Plus without the wings he's more posable and less "tippy"

I'll probably buy another at some point and keep him in his gun mode....
briizilla
Mini-Con
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Postby Greed » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:28 pm

briizilla wrote:
Black_Convoy wrote:
briizilla wrote:
Black_Convoy wrote:I can get him to stand up straight but I always have to raise his arms more than I want to in order counter balance his wings.


Remove his wings....thats what I did and he looks much better for it. I also painted over the purple on his legs and arms....I like purple but that was a little much.

I don't dismantle my figs and I kinda like the look of the wings actually.


Thats cool. I was on the fence about the wings. G1 Megs didn't have them, but I thought they looked kind of cool. I wasn't wild about the neon green inside though....and every time my friends came over and saw him they were like "WTF is up with him having wings"....my friend Rob actually started refering to him as "Fairy Megatron" :P Plus without the wings he's more posable and less "tippy"

I'll probably buy another at some point and keep him in his gun mode....

Well it makes me think that the idea that all the Cons ability of flight isn't so ridiculous, they all have wings.
Greed
Godmaster
Posts: 1592
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion