This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Fansproject's Explorer and Munitioner Re-Release -- Yotsuya's Reviews

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Fansproject's Explorer and Munitioner Re-Release -- Yotsuya's Reviews

Postby Yotsuyasan » Wed May 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, there you are."
Visitors to the Toy Review Forum may have seen yesterday my posting about a review of the Asian Exclusive Bruticus set. (If you wish, you can read that review here.) But now I come to the Third Party forum with a follow up to that review...

Please click here to read part one of my text & photo review of the recent re-release of Fansproject's Explorer and Munitioner set! This part covers the two new figures, Explorer (a.k.a. Blast Off) and Munitioner (a.k.a. Swindle), and also looks at all of the accessories and their interactivity with the three retained figures from the Takara set.

Back soon with part two of this review, which will cover the gestalt mode, and the bonus "Quake" figure.

For now, please enjoy part one!

Boy Scouts ½: The adventures of five members of Boy Scout
Troop 192 who, after a trip to China, have lives full of change...

Yotsuya's Shipyard: Star Trek Style Starship
Schematics, Designed by Yotsuya

Yotsuya's Reviews: text & photo Transformers toy reviews!
Featuring the "Classics" Toy Catalogue Project!
Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 7

Re: Fansproject's Explorer and Munitioner Re-Release -- Yotsuya's Reviews

Postby Thadicon » Thu May 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Motto: "Theatricality and Deception, Powerful agents to the unintiated"
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Plasma Pulse Cannon
Dude i have been waiting for your review. Color's look great with the sets combined
Thadicon
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 2
Courage: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby necr0blivion » Thu May 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
That was a good review Yotsuya, thanks for sharing with us.

I'd also like to add that Vortex/Explorer's tail-fin opens up to become a sword, but I liked your take on the axe.
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Banjo-Tron » Fri May 24, 2013 5:46 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Yeah nice job fella. I think that text reviews beat the pants off of video reviews and I don't understand why there aren't more either! Anyway, regarding the figures I'm not convinced by the repaints but the moulds are solid as ever.

That said, I do wish that a third party would step in and create new heads for the 3 Energon moulds we are stuck with. Actually Vortex's isn't bad at all, but the other 2? I think this is a bi-product of FansProject making 2 really nice figures, and then having to display them with fairly rank Energon repaints. They don't really gel together too well.
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Yotsuyasan » Fri May 24, 2013 11:55 pm

necr0blivion wrote:That was a good review Yotsuya, thanks for sharing with us.

I'd also like to add that Vortex/Explorer's tail-fin opens up to become a sword, but I liked your take on the axe.

Well, I figured that for Vortex it is an axe... and then you open it up for Bruticus. (Although there it is a bit small for a sword, and thus is just a knife. Still... Big f'ing robot, a knife is more then enough for me to not want to mess with him.)

Anyway, I do want to get the second part (covering the gestalt mode and Shockwave / Quake) up soon... Busy over the weekend, alas, but hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

And thanks, folks, for the kind words! Nice to know that my reviews are not me doing the text-based equivalent of just talking to hear myself speak!

Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster

Postby necr0blivion » Sat May 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Yotsuyasan wrote:
necr0blivion wrote:That was a good review Yotsuya, thanks for sharing with us.

Well, I figured that for Vortex it is an axe... and then you open it up for Bruticus. (Although there it is a bit small for a sword, and thus is just a knife. Still... Big f'ing robot, a knife is more then enough for me to not want to mess with him.)

Anyway, I do want to get the second part (covering the gestalt mode and Shockwave / Quake) up soon... Busy over the weekend, alas, but hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

And thanks, folks, for the kind words! Nice to know that my reviews are not me doing the text-based equivalent of just talking to hear myself speak!

I like the knife aesthetic for Bruticus, it adds to the soldier-look he's got. Bruty brings EVERYTHING to a gun fight!

Regarding your reviews, I'd say they are enjoyable to read. What you should take away from it is that you are a). giving a bit back to the fans by sharing and b). honing your writing skills. Keep it up, there's an audience for it.
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Yotsuyasan » Mon May 27, 2013 8:24 pm

The final part of my review, this part covering the gestalt mode and the "Quake" mini-figure, is ready. Enjoy!

Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster

Postby Banjo-Tron » Tue May 28, 2013 1:02 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
I never thought I'd see Bruticus do the YMCA.

I was wrong!
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Yotsuyasan » Tue May 28, 2013 1:25 am

Banjo-Tron wrote:I never thought I'd see Bruticus do the YMCA.

I was wrong!

I was a bit disappointed in the "C," but to really get it you'd need a more flexable waist then is typically found on any robot toys.

Anyway, it was probably the second oddest posing I'd ever done with toys. As for the first...

It was great when it all began...

Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster

Postby Yotsuyasan » Tue May 28, 2013 5:59 am

D'oh! Just realized I forgot to mention something in the gestalt mode review I posted yesterday. Thus, I just added a new paragraph to the review. While I certainly wouldn't mind getting extra hits to my website as anyone who may have already read the review goes hunting for the new bit, instead I suppose I shall be nice and reproduce the added paragraph here.

"I should note that while overall, this is a much better looking and much more 'G1' Bruticus, there is one 'G1' element that the unaugmented Bruticus had that the version with the Fansproject upgrades alas lacks: the 'Scramble City'-like ability to swap around any of the limbs. Theoretically, you could swap around the arms. But you no longer can make an arm into a leg or vice versa. Nor can you swap around the two legs. Either foot will fit on Brawl, but only the right foot will fit on Swindle. An unfortunate loss of function, but one that is far outweighed by all of the benefits that the Fansproject additions provide."

Yotsuyasan
Brainmaster

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TURBO TRACKS Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2010 230809A"
TURBO TRACKS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VECTOR PRIME METALHAWK Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 New"
VECTOR PRIME METAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON