This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Energon Chips?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Energon Chips?

Postby typh0id » Sat May 09, 2009 9:09 pm

I don't have many Energon Figures and I don't know much about the line in general, aside from what I've seen in passing here and there...But I get the general idea in terms of the lines gimmicks...

However I've noticed that while all the figures seem to have the ports for the Energon Chips, not all the figures have the chips themseves...

Devestator has a chip for each of his bots (except Scavenger I think) and Arcee has one of her own...

Shockwave however, does not...And Alpha Qunitesson has a gazillion ports and NO chips at all...

So I was wondering two things...Is it (or was it ever) possible to just get a lot of energon chips by themselves? And is there any kinda of list or other comprehensive way of telling which figures come with the chips and which don't?

The only reason I'm really asking is because I thought Shockwave would look cool with a purple or green energon chip on his shoulder (har har! :P) and I don't want to take any of Devestator's...and I think Alpha Quintesson would look VERY cool with chips on all of his ports...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Re: Energon Chips?

Postby Flux Convoy » Sun May 10, 2009 7:46 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
If I'm remembering correctly, it was only the basics that came with Energon chips. As far as I know, Devastator (Classics) was the only one who had purple ones. The Autobots all had a shade of red/orange, Decepticons, green/yellow. With a fews exceptions, The combiners/gestalts were blue. Doomlock had orange. I don't recall chips being sold separately. So, you're sort of outta luck with that. Unless you manage to find a lot of them on ebay or the like. There were sets of weapon and chip exclusive sets in a variety of colors. Counterpunch might know more about this than I do. Although, I believe they're fairly expensive.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Sun May 10, 2009 10:23 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Red was the Autobot version of processed energon with balanced effects.
Yellow was the Decepticon version of processed energon with offense based effects.
Blue was Super Energon which aided combination.

I don't think the other colors were specifically stated as to their effects, though purple is probably akin to blue. Also, for some reason the Superlink figures came with green weaponry when it should have been yellow.

Most of the weapon sets were give a ways or pack-ins with other figures. Not all weapons came with corresponding energon chips. I have most, but not all. I'm still missing the green axe variations as well as the purple axe. The all gold Shadowhawk weapons I've never even seen...

I come armed with pics:

Night Phantom Energy Blade (available when buying Grand Convoy or Wingsaber):

Daylight Attack Energy Cutter (available when buying Grand Convoy or Wingsaber)

Starscream Reverse with Chromehorn weaponry pack-in bonus:

Hotshot with Hotshot Fire's orange energy cutter

Various Skyblast repaints:

Inferno with Skyfire Sonic's orange energy spear:

Optimus Prime with Royal Clear energon spear (Purchased with Grand Convoy, Posful exclusive)

Battle Ravage variations:

Doomlock variations:

Insecticon variations:

Dreadwind with BotCon purple energy spear:

Combaticons with super energon blue weaponry and BotCon purple energy spear:

Sharkticon with Lightning Yellow energon spear (TRU Japan exclusive):

Shadowhawk Cosmos:

Galvatron G with pack-in purple energon blade:

Classics Optimus with Roadbuster Wild orange energy axe:

BotCon Laserbeak and Buzzsaw:

Arcee variations:

BotCon blue energy spears are shown on Stormjet and BotCon Ironhide:
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby typh0id » Sun May 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Wow thanks for all the pics and info!

Seems strange though that so few came with chips when they all have ports for them (especially in the case of Alpha Qunitesson...Guess I'll have to see if I can find something cheap on ebay...

Was the green energon chip and weapon you have on Starscream on of the extra weapon packs?
----------
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Blurrz » Sun May 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Ah.. here we go again. Counterpunch clearly showing how inferior my Energon collection is. (I swear the Cybertron series is next). Just a little tidbit, as you can probably see from the photos. All the Movie Scouts, subsequently repaints of the Energon scouts, have Black Energon Chips/Weapons.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Counterpunch » Sun May 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Blurrz wrote:Ah.. here we go again. Counterpunch clearly showing how inferior my Energon collection is. (I swear the Cybertron series is next). Just a little tidbit, as you can probably see from the photos. All the Movie Scouts, subsequently repaints of the Energon scouts, have Black Energon Chips/Weapons.

Well, not exactly, some are all black, some are a smokey purple color, some are solid gray, and some are a smokey gray color.

(I have all of Cybertron, including Noise Maze Production Type and Coby Ramble :grin: )
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Firebird » Sun May 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Counterpunch wrote:I have all of Cybertron, including Noise Maze Production Type and Coby Ramble :grin:

When did you get Production Type Noize Maze? I remember the thread last year when you were looking for it.

And pictures please :D
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Sun May 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Firebird wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:I have all of Cybertron, including Noise Maze Production Type and Coby Ramble :grin:

When did you get Production Type Noize Maze? I remember the thread last year when you were looking for it.

Oh fine... :)

Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Firebird » Sun May 10, 2009 5:26 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Yea that's awesome.

Thanks Counterpunch!
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Mon May 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Firebird wrote:Yea that's awesome.

Thanks Counterpunch!

You betcha. I remember finding it hard to gather up pics of the toy when I was looking for him.

Some of the more rare AEC stuff is becoming quite rare and hard to find good info on.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby Prime Evil » Mon May 11, 2009 2:31 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Counterpunch wrote:
Firebird wrote:

Oh fine... :)

Hrrmm, that's odd. They used the US Sideways mold for GF Noisemaze Production type. Veeerry interesting...
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10

Postby Counterpunch » Mon May 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Prime Evil wrote:Hrrmm, that's odd. They used the US Sideways mold for GF Noisemaze Production type. Veeerry interesting...

Yup and the key has a code on it too.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Postby g2grimmy64 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:37 am

Motto: "Do your best, let the Lord take care of the rest."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
typh0id wrote:Wow thanks for all the pics and info!

Seems strange though that so few came with chips when they all have ports for them (especially in the case of Alpha Qunitesson...Guess I'll have to see if I can find something cheap on ebay...

Was the green energon chip and weapon you have on Starscream on of the extra weapon packs?

It was supposed to be like in the show, where all the smaller bots had to process Energon into a stable and usable form for the bigger guys to use; hence, no little guys, no super-powered weaps for the big guys
g2grimmy64
Minibot
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby typh0id » Fri May 15, 2009 8:03 am

g2grimmy64 wrote:

It was supposed to be like in the show, where all the smaller bots had to process Energon into a stable and usable form for the bigger guys to use; hence, no little guys, no super-powered weaps for the big guys

Oooh...I see...That makes sense then I guess...I've never actually watched the show because I got bored with Armarda half-way through the series and I know Energon is a direct sequel to Armada...

So what does Alpha Quintesson do then? Go around stealing other peoples energon chips and collecting them up for himself?
----------
typh0id
Brainmaster
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Fri May 15, 2009 8:11 am

typh0id wrote:
g2grimmy64 wrote:

Oooh...I see...That makes sense then I guess...I've never actually watched the show because I got bored with Armarda half-way through the series and I know Energon is a direct sequel to Armada...

So what does Alpha Quintesson do then? Go around stealing other peoples energon chips and collecting them up for himself?

His planet was destroyed by Unicron. If he can repower Unicron, he can force the planet eater to basically put everything back the way it was.

It...only gets very very complicated from there.

(but still the worst idea in Transformers ever..."Hey ya'll! Let's revive Planet Satan! I'm sure it'll work out well!")
Counterpunch
Podcast Host

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHATTER Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018 New"
SHATTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures WZK73955 WizKids NECA 2020"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE + RAVAGE Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit Trumpeter 2023 New"
SOUNDWAVE + RAVAGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sting Shot BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
Sting Shot BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ion Burst OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class Hasbro 2018 New"
Ion Burst OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLITZWING Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 91 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
BLITZWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Robots In Disguise 1-Step One Target 2015 211112A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bumblebee 40 ADHESIVE BANDAGES lot w/ 2 packs of 20 Aso Hasbro New"
Transformers Bumbl ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON