This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Products Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

IF IT ISN'T THUNDERHOOF, IT ISN'T WORTH IT [-(

Seriously though, I would love a voyager of that wrestler character with the different sized arms :x

As far as designs go, I LOVE thunderhoof. But on the show, he isnt fun. That voice of his is just so odd. Not as bad as PED though ;)
You take that back! Thunderhoof's voice is perfect for a Brooklyn mafioso crime boss, and Ped is freaking MANDARK! :lol:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Seriously though, I would love a voyager of that wrestler character with the different sized arms :x

As far as designs go, I LOVE thunderhoof. But on the show, he isnt fun. That voice of his is just so odd. Not as bad as PED though ;)

How in the Hell can you not like that accent! That is like awesome! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

You take that back! Thunderhoof's voice is perfect for a Brooklyn mafioso crime boss, and Ped is freaking MANDARK! :lol:

https://i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0473/41 ... 514083.jpg
:BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:28 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I get the fun, but come on, why would a cybertronian crime boss sound just like an earth crime boss from 1930s films. Its so distracting. Especially when pretending to be a god. Also, he's a hell of a pushover for a crime boss.

Oh and I dont want a Scowl toy, he seems to have the laziest transformation for an animated model, and not a great looking robot mode. However a kickback toy would be pretty incredible (although impossible).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4503
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:I get the fun, but come on, why would a cybertronian crime boss sound just like an earth crime boss from 1930s films.
Why do any Cybertronians have Earthen accents? Why don't they all just sound like HAL 9000? Or Ben Stein?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:31 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I get the fun, but come on, why would a cybertronian crime boss sound just like an earth crime boss from 1930s films. Its so distracting. Especially when pretending to be a god. Also, he's a hell of a pushover for a crime boss.

Oh and I dont want a Scowl toy, he seems to have the laziest transformation for an animated model, and not a great looking robot mode. However a kickback toy would be pretty incredible (although impossible).

How did G1 Jazz have his accent? How about movie Jazz, Drift or Que? How about any transformer: how do they get their accent??? In short: I love it! It is brand new and it works! Plus a crime boss with massive antlers and turns into a tractor? come on!? :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:32 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

It adds variety and helps make him more memorable. And yeah, cybertronian Mandark, that takes me back :-P
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby no-one » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:34 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Megatronus, Underbite and Optimus would make good Leader classes; Grimlock and maybe Clampdown would make good voyagers. :BOT:
YES, Underbite can scale at any size. I forgot about him. Good call.

I like Thunderhoof's voice just fine, see. PED, oof... I almost forgot about him... :(

I would like to see a Groundpounder and Headlock combo. Who am I kidding, bring em all on :BANG_HEAD:
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I get the fun, but come on, why would a cybertronian crime boss sound just like an earth crime boss from 1930s films.
Why do any Cybertronians have Earthen accents? Why don't they all just sound like HAL 9000? Or Ben Stein?

I just found this one a little too specific, and thus distracting. The movies did explain (wow, didnt know they actually contributed) that they did learn earths languages and accents through the world wide web.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:43 pm

D-Maximus_Prime wrote:How did G1 Jazz have his accent? How about movie Jazz, Drift or Que? How about any transformer: how do they get their accent??? In short: I love it! It is brand new and it works! Plus a crime boss with massive antlers and turns into a tractor? come on!? :BOT:

Answer:

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:55 pm

william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:How did G1 Jazz have his accent? How about movie Jazz, Drift or Que? How about any transformer: how do they get their accent??? In short: I love it! It is brand new and it works! Plus a crime boss with massive antlers and turns into a tractor? come on!? :BOT:

Answer:

Smart alec ;) :lol:

Accents are nice. I just use that movie term: everyone has an accent they learn through the language they learn. Works out, provides personality :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby RAR » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:18 am

That line about "eBay" is sorta funny. I recall the earlier script said they learned languages on Yahoo though - glad that changed as would that sound dated now - that would be like saying they'd used AOL.

Accents are fine so long as they don't tip you out of your suspension of disbelief - I don't know if Perceptor or Sky Lynx's accents ever did that for American's. I always like Perceptor as he sounds not unlike like Magnus Pike (You've heard him if you've ever heard the song "She blinded me with Science") :

I recall hearing Trailbreaker for the 1st time and wondering why he spoke like a cowboy - yet didn't react that way to Optimus, Ironhide or Hound.

Looking back Wheeljack's voice is pretty weird sounding. Jazz & Blaster always seemed quite natural to me.
Rumble & Frenzy's voices suit their personalities well as "Street Punks".

It took me a little while to get used to Unicron Trilogy Jetfire sounding Australian though.

The Voice on Movie Dino is a little over the top perhaps - I suppose Thunderhoof can be seen as an extension of that though.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Just to let you guys know, while Wave 4 of legions have not been found in the US yet (that is the only wave which include Alpine Sideswipe), they have been in Canada for a little while:

You should be getting them soon.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby fighterknight » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:17 pm

carytheone wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Megatronus, Underbite and Optimus would make good Leader classes; Grimlock and maybe Clampdown would make good voyagers. :BOT:

I like Thunderhoof's voice just fine, see. PED, oof... I almost forgot about him... :(

I would like to see a Groundpounder and Headlock combo. Who am I kidding, bring em all on :BANG_HEAD:

I would love to see these figures. I'd be especially excited if they did voyager and leader class figures. I really hope that maybe they will give in and give us a verity of Decepticons to match the slew of Autobots we already have.
fighterknight
Mini-Con
Watch fighterknight on YouTube
Buy from fighterknight on eBay

Postby no-one » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Oh! And I just saw Night Ops Bee today. No Alpine SS though. I didn't realize that was news. Guess I'll keep an eye out.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:21 pm

carytheone wrote:Oh! And I just saw Night Ops Bee today. No Alpine SS though. I didn't realize that was news. Guess I'll keep an eye out.

Its not news. Black BB is in the same wave you saw the other day (wave 5) but not alpine sideswipe. Wave 4 has both sideswipe and black BB but since it didnt come to the states yet, you wont see it. And it probably wont be news then either since it would just be that now we have a new recolor of a legion sideswipe which has been out everywhere else for a while.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:09 pm

fighterknight wrote:
carytheone wrote:

I would love to see these figures. I'd be especially excited if they did voyager and leader class figures. I really hope that maybe they will give in and give us a verity of Decepticons to match the slew of Autobots we already have.

Most likely won't happen, but would be nice to happen :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:09 pm

william-james88 wrote:Just to let you guys know, while Wave 4 of legions have not been found in the US yet (that is the only wave which include Alpine Sideswipe), they have been in Canada for a little while:

You should be getting them soon.

Canada: ahead of the game again :D :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:23 pm

Oh by the way, I was watching the last 2 episodes of RID and...fine...Thunderhoof sounded...fine. I actually got used to it and it didnt take me out of it at all. I think its because he didnt say"youse" . I had fun and his accent sounded perfectly ok.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:26 pm

william-james88 wrote:Oh by the way, I was watching the last 2 episodes of RID and...fine...Thunderhoof sounded...fine. I actually got used to it and it didnt take me out of it at all. I think its because he didnt say"youse" . I had fun and his accent sounded perfectly ok.

Yay! Good for you WJ :DANCE: :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby no-one » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:02 am

william-james88 wrote:Oh by the way, I was watching the last 2 episodes of RID and...fine...Thunderhoof sounded...fine. I actually got used to it and it didnt take me out of it at all. I think its because he didnt say"youse" . I had fun and his accent sounded perfectly ok.

From what I hear, if you're having fun, youse doing it wrong ;-)
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby RAR » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:45 am

I didn't think this question was starting another thread for so I'll ask it here instead :

I was just looking at the 'Deluxe' (Warrior) RID-15 Optimus Prime and I realised he had a neat little feature I don't remember seeing before - namely the way the post used to tab the cab into the hands for vehicle mode doubles up as a storage post on his shoulder for the axe.

So with the thought that it's not unheard of for people to moan about RID-15 toys being to simple - I was wondering....

Q: Is there any aspect of an RID-15 toy that impressed you as a new or interesting design feature ?

Even if it's just the idea rather than actuality that impresses - like Sideswipe's shoulders are in theory a good new idea they are just horribly implemented in practice.

I'd be interested to know what you folks have to say on that question.
RAR
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby no-one » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:14 am

RAR wrote:Q: Is there any aspect of an RID-15 toy that impressed you as a new or interesting design feature ?

I'm not the thread police, but I think that is a great question for the thread.

I like that his trailer is part of his transformation. It's not implemented the best, but it's still something you don't see all that often.

I've yet to pick up a Prime for this toy line (I picked up the legion, but I'm not counting that one). I'm still on the fence over which one. Currently bouncing back and forth between the vanilla and the Clash of version. I'm holding out for the voyager that will never come, a sale or a random hair that inspires me.

I saw a video (I think peaugh) that removed a screw to allow the plates that cover his hands to be rotated out of the way. That seemed pretty neat and will happen as soon as I make the jump.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:40 am

My favourite part of the ine so far is the engenious "hood" of Drift's car which flips to become the robot chest. I also really like Sideswipe's shoulders and feet transformation. Oh and Jazz' arms becoming the lower part of the car front is also pure genius.

And then you have TAV 21 who is just all fun and great!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby no-one » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:04 am

I see I mis-read the question. I thought it was just about Prime.

I agree with Will on Jazz's arms and SS's feet/legs. I will add the sword storage for Drift as well. He has somewhere store his swords in both modes. I guess SS does as well now that someone figured it out.

I would like to add that Steeljaw's tail really impressed me. Its both expressive and cleverly stowed away in alt mode.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208K"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON