Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby El Duque » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Automaton Toys has shared some interesting information regarding Tarkara's new Chronicle sets over on the Cybertron.CA forums. As we already know the Chronicle sets pair up G1 reissues with their DOTM counterparts, so far Takara has released CH-01 Optimus Prime, CH-02 Megatron, and it's rumored that CH-03 will be a Bumblebee set.

Now for the interesting part, Automaton Toys has reported that the inner flaps of the Chronicle boxes reveal pictures of possible future Chronicle sets. CH-01 Optimus Prime reveals the aforementioned Bumblebee set, a set containing G1/DOTM Ratchet, and a G1/DOTM Ironhide set. CH-02 Megatron reveals a G1/DOTM Starscream set and...................... a G1/DOTM Shockwave set.

For the moment these sets can only be considered rumors, as Takara has remained tight lipped about future Chronicle releases. Could fans finally be on the verge of a long awaited G1 Shockwave reissue? Time will tell.

Update: Here's an image of the inner box flaps courtesy of the snakas twitter feed.

Image
Last edited by El Duque on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby MR Optimus Prime » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Motto: ""Our children need heroes, now more than ever!""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
IDK why but the Ratchet set seems great to me.
User avatar
MR Optimus Prime
Headmaster
Posts: 1071
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:21 pm
Location: Afghanistan
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hmm. I'm not all that interested in these timeline sets. I'd rather see Encore releases. But if this is hinting at a possibility of a Shockwave release, that would be amazing.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8732
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby Midnight_Fox » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
:PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:

Please be true, I'd love a G1 Shockie.
User avatar
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Posts: 1671
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Prattville, AL
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby El Duque » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Midnight_Fox wrote::PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:

Please be true, I'd love a G1 Shockie.


You and me both, and I already have an original G1 Shockwave. For display purposes I like to replace original G1's with releases when possible.
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:19 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Since my parents won't let me get a gun (megatron. Yeah, they're uptight >_<) I've been planning to make Shockwave leader of my decepticons, courtesy of the comics. So this G1/DOTM Shockwave might be the key :grin:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5414
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
For me, I'll be happy with the Megatron, Starscream, and Shockwave sets. =P~
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby TimothyR » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Gyrotron wrote:Since my parents won't let me get a gun (megatron. Yeah, they're uptight >_<) I've been planning to make Shockwave leader of my decepticons, courtesy of the comics. So this G1/DOTM Shockwave might be the key :grin:


how old are you? i'm sorry to hear that. parent's can be a drag sometimes.

i wouldn't mind picking up G1 shockwave.. i'd also be interested to see what the dotm paint scheme would look like.

i think at this point however, i'd like the see a leader shockwave and megatron.
TimothyR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby ausbot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I'd love a black "Shackwave" Repaint from Shocky!
User avatar
ausbot
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:34 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby MGrotusque » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:00 pm

I have a real minty G1 Shockwave so i don't really need one of these but it is great news cause i guy could be tempted if it's the right price. Plus for everyone who can't afford or find one that's in good shape this is a much needed release, no doubt.
I'm not much for reissues but i can get behind this one. Everybody needs a Shockwave in their collection and G1 is the definitive version.
Image
User avatar
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby Burn » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:18 pm

El Duque wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote::PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:

Please be true, I'd love a G1 Shockie.


You and me both, and I already have an original G1 Shockwave. For display purposes I like to replace original G1's with releases when possible.


For weak elbow joint purposes i'd rather have a reissue than an original! :lol:
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38388
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
TimothyR wrote:
Gyrotron wrote:Since my parents won't let me get a gun (megatron. Yeah, they're uptight >_<) I've been planning to make Shockwave leader of my decepticons, courtesy of the comics. So this G1/DOTM Shockwave might be the key :grin:


how old are you? i'm sorry to hear that. parent's can be a drag sometimes.

i wouldn't mind picking up G1 shockwave.. i'd also be interested to see what the dotm paint scheme would look like.

i think at this point however, i'd like the see a leader shockwave and megatron.


I am updating my profile now. I grow tired of answering that. :lol: (15)

Eh, when I get enough money, and get older, I will buy Megatron, and nothing can stop me! *Megatron's Evil Laugh*
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5414
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby Burn » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:41 pm

If it makes you feel better Gyro, my mother was all "You're not getting Megatron, you have enough toy guns. You're getting Omega Supreme instead!".

Admittedly that was 25 years ago and I did end up getting Megatron...even if I had to wait nearly 20 years! :lol: So hang in there, you'll get him eventually!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38388
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Gyrotron wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
Gyrotron wrote:Since my parents won't let me get a gun (megatron. Yeah, they're uptight >_<) I've been planning to make Shockwave leader of my decepticons, courtesy of the comics. So this G1/DOTM Shockwave might be the key :grin:


how old are you? i'm sorry to hear that. parent's can be a drag sometimes.

i wouldn't mind picking up G1 shockwave.. i'd also be interested to see what the dotm paint scheme would look like.

i think at this point however, i'd like the see a leader shockwave and megatron.


I am updating my profile now. I grow tired of answering that. :lol: (15)

Eh, when I get enough money, and get older, I will buy Megatron, and nothing can stop me! *Megatron's Evil Laugh*


Not as bad as your parents not letting you play any form of Call of Duty. Or any other M-rated games, but strangely they'll let me play Halo. Strange indeed... :???:
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby Mechastrike » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:23 pm

a reissue of g1 Shockwave? wasn't the mold for that toy made in South Korea. :???:
Mechastrike
Vehicon
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:58 am

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby Rated X » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:37 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Shockwave would be cool. Although there is high quality KO Shockwave available for about 70 bucks. So unless you swear by the Hasbro name, this figure is nothing new.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5875
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby ShadowGinrai » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:25 am

Motto: "-Be Transformed, Romans 12:2b"
Weapon: Concussion Pistol
I might try to pick up the other chronicles toys. Will defiantly get Shockwave, probably will never buy the Bumblebee though. The only Bumblebee I have ever wanted is the Cyber-fire one and I am still looking for it. I have 3 BB's from the first movie and I didn't buy any of them... very interesting birthday party... :lol: :CON:
Image
User avatar
ShadowGinrai
Micromaster
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:30 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby MGrotusque » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:36 am

Burn wrote:If it makes you feel better Gyro, my mother was all "You're not getting Megatron, you have enough toy guns. You're getting Omega Supreme instead!".

Admittedly that was 25 years ago and I did end up getting Megatron...even if I had to wait nearly 20 years! :lol: So hang in there, you'll get him eventually!


I remember my mom banning me from watching GI Joe or having any in the house cause she said it would turn me into a "war monger" and violent but let me watch Tour of Duty, A Team and hardcore war gore movies like Hamburger Hill. Which was pretty violent for the time.
Anyhow.......pardon my little interruption. Carry on
Image
User avatar
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby RhA » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:55 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
ausbot wrote:I'd love a black "Shackwave" Repaint from Shocky!


Give 'em an inch...
Image
Latest TF: Energon Hotshot, Signal Flare & Strongarm.
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4104
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby crossblades » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:58 am

So then folks, how do i order 1 of each of these to the uk???
I'm also looking for G1 Scattershot - complete with all parts for computron (i've got all the other techno bots, just not got their leader! If you have him and are looking to sell or swap for something please let me know - cheers
crossblades
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Sheffield UK

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:24 am

A. I doubt this Shockwave rumor is true and B. I can't imagine he'll be half as good as the original given the treatment the Chronicles Megatron got.

I'd love the have a G1 Shockwave though and agree that an Encore release makes more sense.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
City Commander
Posts: 3062
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby gavinfuzzy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:26 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Gyrotron wrote:Since my parents won't let me get a gun (megatron. Yeah, they're uptight >_<) I've been planning to make Shockwave leader of my decepticons, courtesy of the comics. So this G1/DOTM Shockwave might be the key :grin:


Ever tried buying a nerf? :lol:
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1846
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby gavinfuzzy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:30 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Ironhide and ratchet? both are same in terms of mass is G1... and ratchet's a deluxe and ironhide's a voyager in DOTM... maybe Takara's using the movie-1 voyager ratchet to standardize the prices of all the chronicles figs? then they would have to pair leader bb to the g1 one :lol:

I really want a shockwave, but i already own the regular hasbro one, and ot even shiny paint is worth paying $100 for. Why cant shockwave be encore... please let an encore shockwave be released :PRAY:
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1846
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:14 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Can we see the actual images of those flaps? If you ask me, it's like the first Japanese Movie catalog, which showed several movie toys with their G1 counterparts.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14633
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Takara's Chronicle Sets Hint at Possible Future Reissues?

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:21 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Can we see the actual images of those flaps? If you ask me, it's like the first Japanese Movie catalog, which showed several movie toys with their G1 counterparts.


Didn't someone do a "then and now" display at one of Eastern conventions when ROTF came out? I'm sure that had toys in it that hadn't been reissued...
Image
User avatar
Pretender Skywarp
City Commander
Posts: 3397
News Credits: 39
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:33 am

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014