This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BotCon 2012 Coverage - Longarm Customizing Class

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

BotCon 2012 Coverage - Longarm Customizing Class

Postby Blurrz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
To start of this year's coverage of BotCon 2012 from Dallas, TX, the first gallery we have is from the Customizing Class. Early this Wednesday, our own Seibertron traded in his camera for a paintbrush. He got to work on the 2012 Customizing Class figure, Longarm. From the Reveal the Shield Jazz figure, Longarm's name homages Animated Longarm, while looking much like his Generation One self. The gallery features everything related to Longarm, and the hard working people who get to cherish their exclusive figure. All 34 images can be seen by clicking the links throughout the story, or the images below.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more BotCon 2012 Coverage throughout the week.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: BotCon 2012 Coverage - Longarm Customizing Class

Postby daimchoc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Would it be possible to get some instructions? I have an extra Jazz that I'd like to make into LongArm as well. Thank you in advance.
daimchoc
Gestalt
News Credits: 119

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Hmm. The Shockwave head looks much nicer than I expected. I'm still not sure on the choice of figure body, but the head's nice.

...9-5? The class is a full 8 hours??
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby craggy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:18 pm

there's no way it will take 8hours to cut if off a sprue, stick the appropriate parts together and do a tiny bit of colouring. people getting paid pennies manage to do it a lot quicker, fully fed and awake Botconners should surely be quicker!
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:19 pm

craggy wrote:there's no way it will take 8hours to cut if off a sprue, stick the appropriate parts together and do a tiny bit of colouring. people getting paid pennies manage to do it a lot quicker, fully fed and awake Botconners should surely be quicker!

:shock: :lol:
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby AutobotMR2 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Motto: "That sound you hear is the roar of a Mach 5 engine speeding your way!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I have to say I feel foolish for not grasping this sooner. Cool beans, hope you guys are having fun!
Looking to acquire a complete set of the G1 Insecticons (Bombshell, Kickback, and Shrapnel). They dont have to be MISB, have the cards. The TRU re-issues are fine too. The only person that can verify my buying status is CounterPunch as he is the only person I have purchased from.
AutobotMR2
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby DISCHARGE » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
I wonder if the FOC Shockwave head will fit Jazz so people will be able to make their own.

The class looks like fun
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby daimchoc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. The Shockwave head looks much nicer than I expected. I'm still not sure on the choice of figure body, but the head's nice.

Check this out:

http://www.collecticon.org/2012/01/awes ... ns-botcon/

daimchoc
Gestalt

Postby WolfDawg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
This is definitely a little confusing. I mean, the figure looks awesome, but I don't get the character association. He's shattered glass Longarm...that looks exactly like a Classic-ized Alternators Shockwave? This just seems like a case where fiction didn't need to be applied to a character. They should have just said "Hey, we're turning Jazz into Shockwave and giving him a new head" and been done with it.
WolfDawg
Brainmaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 1

Postby Blurrz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
daimchoc wrote:Would it be possible to get some instructions? I have an extra Jazz that I'd like to make into LongArm as well. Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately the fans who get to go to the class are given sprues that are already colored appropriately from the factory. As in they don't start from a RTS Jazz from scratch, but rather pieces that are likely purple and light grey. I bet most of the time in the class is spent nailing in pins which is quite the pain!

Also never realized you were a user on the boards, Daimchoc. Just want to thank you for helping out with the news for a very long time :)
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:33 pm

daimchoc wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. The Shockwave head looks much nicer than I expected. I'm still not sure on the choice of figure body, but the head's nice.

Check this out:

http://www.collecticon.org/2012/01/awes ... ns-botcon/

:BOWDOWN: That's pretty.

WolfDawg wrote:This is definitely a little confusing. I mean, the figure looks awesome, but I don't get the character association. He's shattered glass Longarm...that looks exactly like a Classic-ized Alternators Shockwave? This just seems like a case where fiction didn't need to be applied to a character. They should have just said "Hey, we're turning Jazz into Shockwave and giving him a new head" and been done with it.

I think it has something to do with Animated Longarm and how he was really Shockwave in disguise. Yeah, reaching, I agree.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
So essentially... he's an evil version of Punch/Counterpunch? :???:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Mindmaster wrote:So essentially... he's an evil version of Punch/Counterpunch? :???:

...that fits. Wow, minus the gimmick, what a sucky idea. Fail, thy name is Longarm.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Blurrz wrote:
daimchoc wrote:Would it be possible to get some instructions? I have an extra Jazz that I'd like to make into LongArm as well. Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately the fans who get to go to the class are given sprues that are already colored appropriately from the factory. As in they don't start from a RTS Jazz from scratch, but rather pieces that are likely purple and light grey. I bet most of the time in the class is spent nailing in pins which is quite the pain!

And still I fail to understand why they call it a "customising" class.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Burn wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

And still I fail to understand why they call it a "customising" class.

From what I can tell, it's the painting aspect that falls under the custom label.

I would like to know, the paints they provide, are they the same quality as what's applied at the factory? If so, where do I get my mitts on some? I use paint pens and stuff like that, and they work well, but some of those factory apps look fantastic and my work just doesn't compare.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Autobot032 wrote:From what I can tell, it's the painting aspect that falls under the custom label.

Yeah but even then you're using their paints. From what I can tell they're more about assembly than customising.

But eh, i'm probably just being grumpy and bitter again because I missed out on another BotCon. :lol:
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:23 pm

Burn wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:From what I can tell, it's the painting aspect that falls under the custom label.

Yeah but even then you're using their paints. From what I can tell they're more about assembly than customising.

But eh, i'm probably just being grumpy and bitter again because I missed out on another BotCon. :lol:

It could be as chintzy as this: Because it's a redeco/remold of an existing figure, assembling it could be considered working on a custom figure. (Now that I say it, I'm thinking that's exactly what it is....)
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Oh it is, but to me, and this is strictly my interpretation because it's what i've done in the past, "customising" is taking an existing figure and modifying it, which can involve such things as disassembly, modification to existing parts, addition of new parts, painting, and reassembly.

Either way, it seems like false advertising, but damn those classes fill up fast each year. :lol:
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby daimchoc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Blurrz wrote:

Also never realized you were a user on the boards, Daimchoc. Just want to thank you for helping out with the news for a very long time :)

:grin: I've been lurking since early 2K, but I wanted to be able to contribute. Might as well, right?

Regarding the instructions, it would just be nice to get all the locations of the pins that would be in the instruction book. Thank you sir. ;)
daimchoc
Gestalt

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Burn wrote:Oh it is, but to me, and this is strictly my interpretation because it's what i've done in the past, "customising" is taking an existing figure and modifying it, which can involve such things as disassembly, modification to existing parts, addition of new parts, painting, and reassembly.

Either way, it seems like false advertising, but damn those classes fill up fast each year. :lol:

8 hours, though? That's...dedication on a planetary level.
Mad props to those who can.

After 2.5 hours of "Now why the hell doesn't the arm bend THAT way?!", I'd be ready to throw up my white flag.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Mate I can barely tolerate half an hour of painting before my eyes scream "TOO MUCH FOCUSING! WE WANT TV!"
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Screamfleet » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
aww man, that's a really cool figure...
I might have to get a jazz to make one myself.
Screamfleet
Pretender
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Im sorry, I just dont like the concept. Dumb. Just plain dumb. Especially with Generations Shockwave just a few months away. At least when Funpub made "young Kup" in 2009, they did it a couple years before Generations Kup came out. I dont see any people using this figure to stand in as Shockwave.

And why in the blue hell is the guy in the last picture dressed like puss in boots ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Rated X wrote:Im sorry, I just dont like the concept. Dumb. Just plain dumb. Especially with Generations Shockwave just a few months away. At least when Funpub made "young Kup" in 2009, they did it a couple years before Generations Kup came out. I dont see any people using this figure to stand in as Shockwave.

And why in the blue hell is the guy in the last picture dressed like puss in boots ???

I..uh..wow, that's a fancy hat.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby triKlops » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
pretty interesting recolor, although the weeds of continuity are rough to wade through
however, regardless of definition of customizing, this is a cool toy to walk away with after the con

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster
News Credits: 9

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLUG Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Slag Hasbro 2023 New"
SLUG Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON