This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

MP-11S Masterpiece Sunstorm Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: MP-11S Masterpiece Sunstorm Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS

Postby Court Jester » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 pm

For such a limited run, that's a whole buncha pre-orders.

I'll probably end up cancelling when FansProject leaks more HeartsMaster or when MakeToys reveals an updated MegatronusPrime. For now, the Sunstorm enthusiast in me gets his way.

Court Jester

Postby Mkall » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Blurrz wrote:Production run is 1k, as sources tell me. Hence the rather hefty tag. I'll take MP-10 over this so...

If it were only 1000, then BBTS has over 1/3rd of them earmarked for themselves. That number seems too low

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 am

Is this the same mold as the MP Skywarp that sold in U.S. Walmart stores for $69.99?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby AutobotMR2 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:58 am

Motto: "That sound you hear is the roar of a Mach 5 engine speeding your way!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
No, this is based on the new MP-11 takara will release soon.
Looking to acquire a complete set of the G1 Insecticons (Bombshell, Kickback, and Shrapnel). They dont have to be MISB, have the cards. The TRU re-issues are fine too. The only person that can verify my buying status is CounterPunch as he is the only person I have purchased from.
AutobotMR2
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:16 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I know it's not entirely BBTS' decision to charge that much (taking into consideration the cost of acquiring them) but they must be mad if they think people are going to pay $250 for such a bland repaint. I mean, what's with the dull and lifeless colours and the explanation behind the two-tone orange? It looks like Sunstorm's been sitting with his tail sticking out of the hanger and it's become sun bleached.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby AutobotMR2 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 am

Motto: "That sound you hear is the roar of a Mach 5 engine speeding your way!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Sodan-1 wrote:I know it's not entirely BBTS' decision to charge that much (taking into consideration the cost of acquiring them) but they must be mad if they think people are going to pay $250 for such a bland repaint. I mean, what's with the dull and lifeless colours and the explanation behind the two-tone orange? It looks like Sunstorm's been sitting with his tail sticking out of the hanger and it's become sun bleached.

:lol: :lol: :lol: There wasn't enough room left between Starscream and the other 2 so he got the space that was left!
Looking to acquire a complete set of the G1 Insecticons (Bombshell, Kickback, and Shrapnel). They dont have to be MISB, have the cards. The TRU re-issues are fine too. The only person that can verify my buying status is CounterPunch as he is the only person I have purchased from.
AutobotMR2
Vehicon
Speed: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:40 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
AutobotMR2 wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I know it's not entirely BBTS' decision to charge that much (taking into consideration the cost of acquiring them) but they must be mad if they think people are going to pay $250 for such a bland repaint. I mean, what's with the dull and lifeless colours and the explanation behind the two-tone orange? It looks like Sunstorm's been sitting with his tail sticking out of the hanger and it's become sun bleached.

:lol: :lol: :lol: There wasn't enough room left between Starscream and the other 2 so he got the space that was left!

:lol: Yeah. Maybe the new guy's being shunned by the vets and has to sit outside.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby OptimalRodimus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:30 am

Weapon: Close Range Oxidating Pulse Cannons
At this price point, my IGear Stormer feels like a bargain now.
WANTS:
WAVE 3 KABAYA TRANSFORMERS KIT GINRAI

FOR SALE OR TRADE:
FANSPROJECT AERIAL APPENDAGE KIT W/ TARGET EXCLUSIVE SUPERION SET
BOTCON 2012 SG OPTIMUS PRIME
HENKEI SEEKERS AND CONEHEADS
HENKEI, UNITED, AND CLASSICS MEGATRON
TF 2010 REISSUE PREDAKING

OptimalRodimus
Mini-Con
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Kibble » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:49 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Production run is 1k, as sources tell me. Hence the rather hefty tag. I'll take MP-10 over this so...

If it were only 1000, then BBTS has over 1/3rd of them earmarked for themselves. That number seems too low

I thought it was limited to 1000 only for Japan or maybe for amazon.jp... There are more than 1000 in total, though.

Didn't King Grimlock go for $250? I wouldn't be too surprised if the price doesn't drop much...at least through BBTS and friends.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby rpetras » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:12 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
If I get any MP Sunstorm, it will be iGear's

>:oP
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Skill: 10

Postby alternator77 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
luckily ive got a store credit at bbts so i may bite but ill wait for a price confirmation because that is just too much.
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Stormrider » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
LOST Cybertronian wrote:One thing that wasn't mentioned in the news post was that this is just a preliminary preorder and the price is subject to change as they are waiting final pricing confirmation. It's very possible that the price could go down.

BBTS said the same thing in the past but the price didn't drop.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Doctor McGrath » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Pre-ordered. August is a while away.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby El Duque » Wed May 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has reduced the price on Takara's MP-11S Masterpiece Sunstorm from $219.99 to $179.99! Click here for the pre-order. The figure is estimated to arrive in August.

Special Preorder - Price Cut! We've reduced all existing preorders from $219.99 to $179.99 - preorder yours now at $179.99 while stock remains.

This set should include the Coronation kit found on MP-11 Starscream and also feature the Seeker mold modifcations. This version may not come with the collectible coin.

MP-11S Masterpiece Sunstorm measures 13” long in jet mode and 10” high in robot mode. Extensively articulated, the figure is equipped with arm-mounted removable guns, and should be accompanied by decals, missile accessories, and a missile-rack display base configured to support both robot and jet modes; presumably this version will include the same switch-between facial expression feature found in Masterpiece Starscream.

A flaw in the manufacture of Sunstorm’s fusion reactor provides him with the approximation of a transcendent glow, simultaneously causing him to emit terrific heat and electromagnetic waves which damage the internal systems of any fellow Decepticons within his vicinity. Barring the installation of elaborate shielding to contain his corrosive emissions, Sunstorm frequently works alone, and this solitude ostensibly fuels his conviction that he, Sunstorm, is in fact a supernatural being; when in the presence of others his professed supernatural status and subsequent pontifications only succeed in further alienating his teammates. Sunstorm reaches an atmospheric speed of 2400 km/h and 16000 km/h in outer space.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby G1 Legacy » Wed May 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Motto: "Aw c'mon Hasbro! What can I say...I've been spoiled by 3rd party."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
And I have a feeling that its going to drop even more than this before its over with....patience...patience. I may consider getting it just for the heck of it, if it drops enough.
G1 Legacy
G1 Legacy
Minibot
Strength: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10

Postby necr0blivion » Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
G1 Legacy wrote:And I have a feeling that its going to drop even more than this before its over with....patience...patience. I may consider getting it just for the heck of it, if it drops enough.

Considering it's an exclusive to Amazon Japan and the shipping costs to BBTS, I can't agree with your assessment. Unless there are several sitting in stock a year after the release.

I just put in a pre-order with another retailer last night to get this figure (with shipping comes to about $182), but would've went with Big Bad had they made this call sooner. This is the right price I'm willing to pay, knowing that shipping fees to America would prohibit further price reductions.
necr0blivion
Gestalt
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby Court Jester » Wed May 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Pity. >:oP
Court Jester

Postby Doctor McGrath » Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I'm game.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:18 am

I must say the little yellow goblin has grown on me. Still, I'll be dealing with Robotkingdom, they've had him on pre-order at a constant price of $160.
Breakdown 2099

Postby Hotrodimust » Thu May 10, 2012 8:27 am

I'm gonna get him but I'm not gonna pay $180 plus shipping I'll pay $180 shipped also I predict ultra Magnus with trailer that turns into his armor to be mp-13 then another repaint of a seeker then mp-14 megatron v2 then another repaint of a seeker then mp-15 Galvatron dam that little birdie is gonna kill me
Hotrodimust
Combiner
Watch Hotrodimust on YouTube
Buy from Hotrodimust on eBay

Postby Stormrider » Thu May 10, 2012 4:31 pm

I am really impressed with the quality and mold of MP-11 Starscream. I have all the seekers and this MP-11 is by far the best in my opinion. If Sunstorm is the same, I may get it.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Hotrodimust » Thu May 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Stormrider wrote:I am really impressed with the quality and mold of MP-11 Starscream. I have all the seekers and this MP-11 is by far the best in my opinion. If Sunstorm is the same, I may get it.

It is and it's getting the stand like the old seekers and the turn around face like the old seekers it's gonna be nice just like mp-11 with extras
Hotrodimust
Combiner

Postby Stormrider » Sat May 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Hotrodimust wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I am really impressed with the quality and mold of MP-11 Starscream. I have all the seekers and this MP-11 is by far the best in my opinion. If Sunstorm is the same, I may get it.

It is and it's getting the stand like the old seekers and the turn around face like the old seekers it's gonna be nice just like mp-11 with extras

Curious how it will get the extra face? there isn't any space in MP11's head to turn the face because of the springs.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Hotrodimust » Sat May 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Stormrider wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:

Curious how it will get the extra face? there isn't any space in MP11's head to turn the face because of the springs.

Idk but I read it not sure if it was the bbts news letter they sent me or if it was on here but I read it that's one of the main reasons I'm interested in getting it because of the face and the stand
Hotrodimust
Combiner

Postby Hotrodimust » Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Hotrodimust wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Hotrodimust wrote:

Idk but I read it not sure if it was the bbts news letter they sent me or if it was on here but I read it that's one of the main reasons I'm interested in getting it because of the face and the stand

It's bbts in the description when your about to buy the toy
Hotrodimust
Combiner

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 9RI (CA) Perlin"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200412 1A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210584 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207A"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210456 1B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210680 32RI (CA) Chan (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Baroness Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 0124IM890 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #3 IDW Comics 2015 201208A (CA) Tramontano"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP200484 25B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #25 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222R"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #2 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (A/CA) Francis (W) Lafrance 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 04 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON