This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-13 Soundwave

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-13 Soundwave

Postby Bumbleblogn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Damnit, now I wish I had preordered it ;(
Bumbleblogn
Mini-Con
Watch Bumbleblogn on YouTube

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Got him, but gotta wait. I've only got two items in my POL! :BANG_HEAD: :P
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby President-prime » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm

A joke is when one does not attack the other and its funny to both parties. I'm offended that some some just told me that I'm blind to see the obvious. Basically what I'm saying is the soundwave does not impress me and the reasons. He doesn't have to agree but do not say that I'm blind that even my glasses didn't help. That's my interpretation of that line...and that is. No joke. Talk about the toy, not the person making the comments!
President-prime
Fuzor
Buy from President-prime on eBay

Postby SLUGSLINGER81 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Motto: ""If you can't find a way, make a way""
Weapon: Slingshot
WOW he's already in stock, I thought he wasn't gonna be available til the 28th, I dont care either way he's in my POL and i got him at the 159.99 pricee, just have to wait for a few other items to arrive (YOTS Omega Supreme, Uranos SR-71 & other non TF misc) great time in our lives to not only be a TF collector but part of the G1 generation growing up in the 80's and seeing the evolution our beloved characters have made and there will be more to come as toy technology improves. And for those who dont think this will get the Hasbro treatment, Hasbro has released every MP figure Takara has released (with the exception of Megatron) but Hasbro has released each mold Takara has released in some shape or form in the US and for them to not release Soundwave, that would be a poor decision from their end, if anything they may release him with a different color variation, different cassette combination, may be ravage and laserbeak...but rest assured that they will release him in the US, I chose to get this one mainly because I knew the hassle it was to get my Hasbro MP-10 at TRU and I rather pay the BTTS/TFsource pricing then deal with the TRU Optimus Prime debacle again lol, and with that note...SOUNDWAVE SUPERIOR BIATCHES!!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
SLUGSLINGER81
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby President-prime » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:30 pm

I didn't buy sideswipe and red alert because for a masterpiece they're too small. And they weren't my favorites to spend that kind of money. I may cave in if I'm desparate to complete my masterpiece casts. Not because they are like their g1 counterpart. Might as well spend money on the original ones for the same price
President-prime
Fuzor

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
President-prime wrote:I didn't buy sideswipe and red alert because for a masterpiece they're too small. Not because they are like their g1 counterpart.

Well, that's not quite what you said. And that's why you got a sarcastic response. Whether you meant that or not is a different story. ;)

President-prime wrote:That's why I didn't get sideswipe nor red alert. They look to similar to their g- toy. No major upgrades
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby User897 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:33 am

Correct and thanks for the backup, PrymeStriker. :) Saying the MP's aren't upgrades of G1 bots is like saying the Pope ain't Catholic.

Spend a little less time claiming to be offended at joking forum posts, and spend more time playing with and discussing Transformers.
User897
Combiner
Buy from User897 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:31 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Those claiming that MP Soundwave isn't of proper MP level due to its similar transformation to the G1 figure, I have just one thing to say: Grimlock.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby SLUGSLINGER81 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Motto: ""If you can't find a way, make a way""
Weapon: Slingshot
Sabrblade wrote:Those claiming that MP Soundwave isn't of proper MP level due to its similar transformation to the G1 figure, I have just one thing to say: Grimlock.

*Drops Microphone & walks away...
SLUGSLINGER81
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby President-prime » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I'll stop! Take care!
President-prime
Fuzor

Postby SkyWarpsGhost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:56 am

Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
So when's Takara going to announce the black Soundblaster repaint lol I give it a few months after SW comes out.
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Sentinel Prime
moc-kreo-legoformer-sentinel-prime-t98257.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Nemesis Prime v2
moc-kreo-legoformer-nemesis-prime-v2-t97374s100.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Dotm Megatron
moc-kreo-legoformer-megatron-t97289.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Prime and Magnus
transforming-legokreoformer-optimus-magnus-t94770s200.php
SkyWarpsGhost
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby daimchoc » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:56 pm

ImageImageImageImage
daimchoc
Gestalt
News Credits: 119

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:26 am

What colour is the MP-13's nose? In some pictures it looks silver and in others blue.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Deruji » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 am

Soundwave or Laserbeak? Soundwave's faceplate is silver and Laserbeak's beak is a dark grey
Available for freelance translations. Contact me here or at facebook
You can now pre-order my latest novel: The Chronicles of Terlan: Daedala
I also accept donations for fan-translations: Donate.
Deruji
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Watch Deruji on YouTube
Buy from Deruji on eBay

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 am

Deruji wrote:Soundwave or Laserbeak? Soundwave's faceplate is silver and Laserbeak's beak is a dark grey
Soundwave.

In photos such as this, his nose looks blue. Is it a reflection thing?
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Deruji » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:21 am

Cyberpath wrote:
Deruji wrote:Soundwave or Laserbeak? Soundwave's faceplate is silver and Laserbeak's beak is a dark grey
Soundwave.

In photos such as this, his nose looks blue. Is it a reflection thing?

Oh, the bridge of the nose? Yeah it looks like the paint didn't reach there, since that is where his visor starts, it's the same on mine. You don't really notice it unless you have extreme close-ups like that picture.
Available for freelance translations. Contact me here or at facebook
You can now pre-order my latest novel: The Chronicles of Terlan: Daedala
I also accept donations for fan-translations: Donate.
Deruji
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Watch Deruji on YouTube
Buy from Deruji on eBay

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
I have him on my desk. He is awesome. I wanna take a pic of him and all my other Soundwaves, and one with my MLP Vinyl Scratch figure. :D
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4

Postby jindrak » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Mine arrived at work today! His enormous box is looming over my keyboard. Cant wait to get home.
Grimlock know how to bash brains. Maybe bash yours.
jindrak
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby datguy86 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 am

Motto: "SHEEAGH!"
I received Soundwave yesterday and he is, design wise, one of the best Transformers ever. While I like picking up new figures, this guy actually brought a smile to my face.

I do recommend heading over to the thread about taping up Soundwave's feet if you want to keep yours as mint as possible. Sadly, the metallic paint comes off very easily. Just sitting Soundwave on my finished wooden table cased the metallic paint to scratch off a little, and transforming him caused some slight wear to said paint. Not happy with that lack of QA, but everything else is fantastic.

Actively Searching: Universe 2.0 Ratchet, Universe 2.0 Inferno, Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream
datguy86
Combiner
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
datguy86 wrote:I received Soundwave yesterday and he is, design wise, one of the best Transformers ever. While I like picking up new figures, this guy actually brought a smile to my face.

I do recommend heading over to the thread about taping up Soundwave's feet if you want to keep yours as mint as possible. Sadly, the metallic paint comes off very easily. Just sitting Soundwave on my finished wooden table cased the metallic paint to scratch off a little, and transforming him caused some slight wear to said paint. Not happy with that lack of QA, but everything else is fantastic.

Yeah, he's all kinds of awesome. I've even brought out United FnR as stand-ins for their MP cousins.

About his feet, will just any brand of duct tape work? The one thing that worries me about putting tape under his feet is that it might damage the paint if you decide to pull it off months or years later.

I'm currently placing a large sticker sheet under his feet to protect the silver paint apps.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Strength: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby REMINATOR » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Weapon: Road Blade
Got a chance to play and photo my MP13 Soundwave, so here are the pics:

Soundwave - How to make a cube, using photo paper:

Laserbeak, operation guarding the cubes:

Delicious energon cube:

A blast of the music:

MP13 Megatron with MP11 Starscream and MP10 Prime:
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
REMINATOR
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby Rhinox23 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:55 pm

SKYWARPED_128 wrote:About his feet, will just any brand of duct tape work? The one thing that worries me about putting tape under his feet is that it might damage the paint if you decide to pull it off months or years later.

I'm currently placing a large sticker sheet under his feet to protect the silver paint apps.

As mentioned, I would recheck the thread about this to make sure, but I'm pretty sure he said to use painter's tape. I would warn against using any kind of duct tape as it would almost certainly pull off the paint and probably leave behind some sticky adhesive residue as well. Painter's tape is usually blue and is specifically designed to be removed after painting so it's temporary. However, I'd still use this technique on a painted area of a TF that you don't really care for to make sure the paint doesn't get peeled off.

I received my MP Soundwave on Tuesday and, while mine hasn't had any paint chip yet, I could easily see that happening to his feet. To me the easier solution is buy some of the felt sheets that you can cut out for furniture feet and just have MP Soundwave stand on those. This ensures that the paint on his feet stays pristine without resorting to any potentially harsh tape adhesives...no matter their strength. That's what I've been doing with mine and haven't noticed anything yet. I think it's a better solution that taping but it's up to you.
Rhinox23
Fuzor
Buy from Rhinox23 on eBay

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Rhinox23 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:About his feet, will just any brand of duct tape work? The one thing that worries me about putting tape under his feet is that it might damage the paint if you decide to pull it off months or years later.

As mentioned, I would recheck the thread about this to make sure, but I'm pretty sure he said to use painter's tape. I would warn against using any kind of duct tape as it would almost certainly pull off the paint and probably leave behind some sticky adhesive residue as well. Painter's tape is usually blue and is specifically designed to be removed after painting so it's temporary. However, I'd still use this technique on a painted area of a TF that you don't really care for to make sure the paint doesn't get peeled off.

I received my MP Soundwave on Tuesday and, while mine hasn't had any paint chip yet, I could easily see that happening to his feet. To me the easier solution is buy some of the felt sheets that you can cut out for furniture feet and just have MP Soundwave stand on those. This ensures that the paint on his feet stays pristine without resorting to any potentially harsh tape adhesives...no matter their strength. That's what I've been doing with mine and haven't noticed anything yet. I think it's a better solution that taping but it's up to you.

Thanks, Rhinox! Felt sheets are definitely a safer alternative.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby Stormrider » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
It is odd that they didn't consider the paint wearing off the feet a little more. Is it speculation that the paint will wear off, or have people reported that already? Just wondering if Takara used a more durable finish on the bottom of the feet.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Couldn't find any felt sheets at the local hardware store, but I did find some non-slip pads for car dashboards. They're soft, rubbery and non-slip (as the name says) and should work very well for SW.

They were very cheap, too--at about a dollar for two.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210483 3B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 3A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAR210486 4B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #49 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #22 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 22A APR200729 (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #22 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210478 10A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #24 Cvr A IDW Comics 2011 24A (W) Costa (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers ONGOI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 1A (A/CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON