This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Information on TF ROTF deluxe Sideswipe

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Information on TF ROTF deluxe Sideswipe

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:23 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
The Cybertron.ca member Pascal has obtained a deluxe Transforemrs Revenge of The Fallen Sideswipe toy.
He posted a description of the toy to read this description just click here or scroll down.

Another beauty. Some of the features:

-dual shock absorbers for lower legs
-unique feet: formed from the front portion of the car (right front side of the car on the left, left front side on the right), each foot appears to be either a tire split in 2 halves with a stabilizer (foot) sandwiched in between OR a tire sandwiched between 2 stabilizers (meaning he would have roller feet)... probably the 2nd option...
-2 pairs of struts linking the upper legs to the lower torso
-chest is formed from the rear section of the car (outer parts) with a black section in the middle (exposed when you lift up the middle rear section) with a silver Autobot symbol on the right (think Alt. Meister when you lift the hood)
-clear blue windshield hanging off the back
-wheels (near the elbows) and rear car sections (pointing forward) hanging off the arms
-hands: 1 thick thumb and 2 thick fingers (a bit like Blackout)
-head is bit a Megatron-esque, but different... hard to describe... has blue light piping
-middle rear section of the car is pointing up on the back in robot mode (like Trans Scanning Bumblebee) and you can see 4 exhaust pipes
-hood halves hanging off the back as wings (front pointing down)
-red/orangy tail lights
-clear headlights
-blue knees
-car has long and pointy rear view mirrors (probably rubber)
-small molded Corvette symbol on front of the hood

Sadly he has not posted any images of the toy but we will keep you updated on any information regarding this toy as it becomes available.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: Information on TF ROTF deluxe Sideswipe

Postby Skowl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:30 am

A member of ACtoys.net has posted a small image of what appears to be the Sideswipe toy, you can see it as the user's avatar on this page.

Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Omega Charge » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:44 am

Motto: "Nothing. What's the motto with you?"
Weapon: Metal-slashing Claw
Don't think he actually has the toy. He's describing an image. He also mentioned a new Bumblebee toy, possibly Voyager, and something that could be
a green aircraft.

Anyway, sounds nice. I really can't wait for this line.
Omega Charge
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 7
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Primus, Second-In-Command » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:50 am

what we REALLY need is to see some images of our more important figures:
Leader Fallen?
Voyager Jetfire
Sideswipe
the Audi
Jolt
Twins
Constructicons
Devastator
AND FINALLY!!!
Arcee.
I want THOSE images!!!
Primus, Second-In-Command
Mini-Con

Postby Hard Hacker » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:54 am

Blue knees?

A bit random, but hey, details.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby Safegaurd » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:55 am

Looks like a cool toy
Safegaurd
Mini-Con

Postby Sledge » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:06 pm

Sideswipe? What have they done to you? :cry:
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby JaZzTaStIc » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Motto: "Everything That Has A beginning Has An End...."
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Energy Pulse Cannon
well thats no sideswipe but sounds damn kool all the same, i'm sure another name will fit him better....lets says "Viper" as alternator sideswipe was a dodge viper ^^

can't wait to see some pics of this bad boi, as transformers are getten better and better

cheers for this news

"It’s A Pity Trophies Earn So Easily Or I Might Have A Sense Of Satisfaction Now..."
JaZzTaStIc
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:20 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Omega Charge wrote:a green aircraft.

That's possibly Springer, who will be an Incinerator-repaint (we saw the legends version of it allready)
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Well if the actual toy is anything like that image, I'm optimistic. It won't be Sideswipe in my eyes (until the eventual red repaint), but at least it could be a cool toy.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:51 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
So if this person has the toy then where are the pics?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby CJH » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:52 pm

I'm sure people remember this concept ages ago:
Just thought I would throw it on here

Personally, I love this design and if it is in the movie, bravo!
CJH
Minibot

Postby dragons » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:55 pm

i cant picture how he would by description to well i nned a picture his head reminds of someone but i cant remember who or what close i could remeber was the machine king in the power rangers episode but that wasnt the character i was thing about.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby same138 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:11 pm

The description sounds like the picture in CJH's post, apart from I can't see a knee colour specifically. Does anybody have a bigger version of that image? That looks sweet! Want one.
same138
Minibot

Postby Powersa » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:40 pm

I guess there'll be a red one forthcoming
Powersa
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby Covenant » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Powersa wrote:I guess there'll be a red one forthcoming

I assumed the same about the Ironhide figure only to have Offroad IH and the black Premium ones show up instead. :(
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8

Postby Southpawpartner » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Sledge wrote:Sideswipe? What have they done to you? :cry:

ok, here's my gripe, THIS IS NOT G1!!! G1 ended about 25 years ago! if you really want to complain about how the movie is not like G1, then go complain about how everything SINCE G1 is not G1! the movie is its own Universe withing the Multiverse!. if Sideswipe is oging to be a silver Centinial, instead of a red..what was it...Lamborghini? then so what!? Bumblebee wasnt a Beatle, but look how AWESOME Bumblebee was! Ironhide wasnt a Van, BUT STILLER ROCKED!!!! i personally believe that Movie Sideswipe is going to kick butt.

now, while i say the movie isnt G1, somethings do NEED to be G1-ish. Examples-Soundwave's Voice, Grimlock's Voice, Altmode, and speech, the overall LOOK of Optimus Prime (in robot mode. i do not mind a fire truck vehicle mode). but Sideswipe? i dont know, i like the design they've got going for him.
Southpawpartner
Mini-Con

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Southpawpartner wrote:

ok, here's my gripe, THIS IS NOT G1!!! G1 ended about 25 years ago! if you really want to complain about how the movie is not like G1, then go complain about how everything SINCE G1 is not G1! the movie is its own Universe withing the Multiverse!. if Sideswipe is oging to be a silver Centinial, instead of a red..what was it...Lamborghini? then so what!? Bumblebee wasnt a Beatle, but look how AWESOME Bumblebee was! Ironhide wasnt a Van, BUT STILLER ROCKED!!!! i personally believe that Movie Sideswipe is going to kick butt.

now, while i say the movie isnt G1, somethings do NEED to be G1-ish. Examples-Soundwave's Voice, Grimlock's Voice, Altmode, and speech, the overall LOOK of Optimus Prime (in robot mode. i do not mind a fire truck vehicle mode). but Sideswipe? i dont know, i like the design they've got going for him.

G1 did not end 25 years ago, it began 25 years ago. And oh my it's still around in comics, games, MP Alts, Clasics, Universe Henkei. G1 is the only TF franchize to having new stuff added to it well after it was originally cancelled - FACT!.
But I don't mind the movie not being G1 as you stated it's something new.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:43 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Southpawpartner wrote:

People will expect G1-esque Transformers until they stop using G1 names and think of something new. Almost all of the TFs from the first movie were based on original G1 characters, yet most of them looked nothing like their namesakes. As a fan who has loved TFs since the beginning, that was a little disappointing to me.

So if they keep using G1 names I'll keep waiting for the G1-style repaints, unless the figure is cool enough on its own, which this one may be. I wouldn't be suprised if it's this line's Concept Bumblebee... really cool deluxe everyone can't wait to get.
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7

Postby Covenant » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Gotta agree with the fact just stated; G1 didn't end so many years ago, it began, and its still going quite well as THE longest lasting Transformers continuity ever thank you very much.

Now, perhaps I'm reading this wrong but..
Southpawpartner wrote:if you really want to complain about how the movie is not like G1, then go complain about how everything SINCE G1 is not G1! the movie is its own Universe withing the Multiverse!.

..yet..

Southpawpartner wrote:now, while i say the movie isnt G1, somethings do NEED to be G1-ish. Examples-Soundwave's Voice, Grimlock's Voice, Altmode, and speech, the overall LOOK of Optimus Prime

..?

Why? Why is someone's preference for a certain "like G1" look to Sideswipe so different from your "G1-ish" preference for Soundwave or Prime's voice, or the look of said characters? Is there some definitive difference between "like G1" & "G1-ish" that I'm not catching?

Personally, I let go of any expectations from the new movie continuity, aka 'Bayformers', albeit begrudgingly. It indeed is an entirely new continuity in which they can do whatever they like with aesthetics and onward, but then I never expected something contrary to that. It was certainly more to the severe departure from certain aspects (not to mention the behavior of those associated with the film's making at the time) that was the initial slap in the face. But no matter one's preference, the world was many years starving for a live action/cg Transformers film and the one we ended up with banked heavily due to that want. So this new Sideswipe? I'm not keen on the nameslap, but other than his mug all the robot images I've seen look badass.

But I will be irked if his toy incarnation sees a red repaint before the long awaited (by me anyway) movie Ironhide toy does. :-x
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8

Postby MYoung23 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Michael Bay's obsession with chicken leg robots continues but this time with wheel feet!!!!

Great, now we have a Transformer whose robot mode is literally useless on rocky hill or mountain surfaces.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:07 pm

MYoung23 wrote:Michael Bay's obsession with chicken leg robots continues but this time with wheel feet!!!!

Great, now we have a Transformer whose robot mode is literally useless on rocky hill or mountain surfaces.

Well he dose turn into a sports car so I highly doubt he'll be any were near rocks or mountains.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby El Duque » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Sounds cool, it won't be long before pictures start popping up here and there.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Agent 007 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:00 pm

the head looks meh but the discription sounds promising
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Windsweeper » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:44 pm

He reminds me of Kup.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON