Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Diem » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:39 am

Every year we send questions to Hasbro and almost every time we get answers that are not totally candid and satisfactory. Since then we at Seibertron.com have started answering the questions ourselves. Note that these answers are not from Hasbro or Takara, nor are they approved by those companies but are from experienced members of Seibertron.com.

If you have a question please post it in this thread during the next 7 days. Seibertron.com will use a combination of knowledge, educated guesses and occasional stabs in the dark to get you the answers you seek by the end of this year. And if you know the answers to any of the questions posted don't be afraid to share it in the thread!
User avatar
Diem
Gestalt
Posts: 2965
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:39 am

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Samurai Bludgeon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 am

Motto: "Current Collection Count: 950~
Currently Collecting/Completing: Pretenders / Headmasters"
Weapon: Sword
Hm...It's so strange to be able to ask a question that might actually have an intelligent/possible response lol.

1: Would Fans Project possibly do a TFCC Sideburn repaint version of the Protector armor upgrade? Given they are doing a Shadow-Scyther repaint for a severly limited figure it makes sense to me to do a Sideburn version for a much more accessible figure. (more of a FP-related question)

2: Since we are seeing a large number of TF-movie (animated 80's) figures i.e., Kup, Perceptor, Blurr(drift repaint), Wreck-Gar, and others; could we anticipate a new Ultra Magnus (not a prime repaint but a unique mold) or perhaps even a Sharkticon(not a BW/energon repaint please...)?

3: MMC(master mind creations, creators of Knight-Morpher) had mentioned to me in an email that they are working on a Bumblebee and a Starscream "hearts of steel" figures. When might we anticipate those figures? Also, could they be working on a "hearts of steel" Shockwave (my favorite "figure" from the series)? (again a non-hastak question).

4: If a 2nd "War for Cybertron" game is in the works does that mean more figures from the line? I understand a Starscream figure was in the works but may have been cancled, what could the reasoning behind no known future figures be? I understand the game did well but I do see alot of WFC BB shelf-warmers... Personally I would love a Jetfire, Shockwave, Starscream, Warpath, and maybe a Barricade or Slipstream. Also, could we ever hope for a voyager size or better WFC Trypitcon/Omega Supreme? I'm not asking for supreme or ultra, just anything for those 2 lol.

5: When can we anticipate the new "Devastator" combiner to be released/more pics of the other figures besides (i think it was) scrapper?

6: Could the recent surge of Classics Rodimus "repaints" be in response to the highly anticipated FP Protector armor? If so, could this mean that hasbro is sorta ok with FP doing this type of thing if hasbro is able to capitalize on it with new income from old products? I don't think Hastak would ever admit it but there's been the regular classics, Henkei, Crystal SOC set, the 2 releases with cyclonus, and the upcoming TFC Sideburn repaint, Shattered Glass, and Wildrider. That's a lot for a figure that origionally didn't have much fan-base love...
Samurai Bludgeon
Minibot
Posts: 149
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:47 am
Buy from Samurai Bludgeon on eBay

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby leokearon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
1) Habro once stated that the buying ratio between Autobots and Cons is 50:50, so why do a lot of waves have more Autobots than Cons?

2)Why do Hasbro never fix moulds even when they know they have problems when they rerelease the moulds?

3)Why does Hasbro think we want tons of Bumblebees?

4) Why don't TFs have Tech Specs/Factfiles anymore, it would be nice to know something about the TF I'm buying?
Looking for:
Legends Class Cybertron Megatron's legs
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
User avatar
leokearon
Vehicon
Posts: 338
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:37 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:14 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Samurai Bludgeon wrote:Hm...It's so strange to be able to ask a question that might actually have an intelligent/possible response lol.

1: Would Fans Project possibly do a TFCC Sideburn repaint version of the Protector armor upgrade? Given they are doing a Shadow-Scyther repaint for a severly limited figure it makes sense to me to do a Sideburn version for a much more accessible figure. (more of a FP-related question)

2: Since we are seeing a large number of TF-movie (animated 80's) figures i.e., Kup, Perceptor, Blurr(drift repaint), Wreck-Gar, and others; could we anticipate a new Ultra Magnus (not a prime repaint but a unique mold) or perhaps even a Sharkticon(not a BW/energon repaint please...)?

3: MMC(master mind creations, creators of Knight-Morpher) had mentioned to me in an email that they are working on a Bumblebee and a Starscream "hearts of steel" figures. When might we anticipate those figures? Also, could they be working on a "hearts of steel" Shockwave (my favorite "figure" from the series)? (again a non-hastak question).

4: If a 2nd "War for Cybertron" game is in the works does that mean more figures from the line? I understand a Starscream figure was in the works but may have been cancled, what could the reasoning behind no known future figures be? I understand the game did well but I do see alot of WFC BB shelf-warmers... Personally I would love a Jetfire, Shockwave, Starscream, Warpath, and maybe a Barricade or Slipstream. Also, could we ever hope for a voyager size or better WFC Trypitcon/Omega Supreme? I'm not asking for supreme or ultra, just anything for those 2 lol.

5: When can we anticipate the new "Devastator" combiner to be released/more pics of the other figures besides (i think it was) scrapper?

6: Could the recent surge of Classics Rodimus "repaints" be in response to the highly anticipated FP Protector armor? If so, could this mean that hasbro is sorta ok with FP doing this type of thing if hasbro is able to capitalize on it with new income from old products? I don't think Hasak would ever admit it but there's been teh regular classics, Henkei, Crystal SOC set, the 2 releases with cyclonus, and the upcoming TFC Sideburn repaint. That's a lot for a figure that origionally didn't have much fan-base love...


1. Bulking up RiD Side Burn like that seems a bit out of character, no matter how much he matches Rodimus in style. Mind you it is possible, but you may get a better answer by mailing Fans Project themselves

2. They're not all TF:Movie, mind you (for instance, Perceptor was season 2), but it is rather odd that we're getting practically all movie figures in one go. Sharkticon is a possibility, but with Ultra Magnus already having a representation in the shape of the Classics repaint, he's not high priority. Besides, Optimus Prime hasn't had a trailer in ages due to cost concerns, so Ultra Magnus gets the low end of the stick by default.

3. Third-Party companies don't really have tight release schedules like Hasbro and TakaraTomy do, so estimating is hard to do. Just keep watch of the progress they made and be patient.

4. That's a distinct possibility, as the game needs some sort of promotion. Don't expect anything until next year though.

5. See answer 3.

6. Hasbro does keep tabs on those companies, but only to ensure they don't pose too much of a legal threat to their IP. The Rodimus mold was used so many times solely because Hot Rod was a major character in Season 3 or 2010 in Japan, which was celebrated this year.
Also keep in mind that the Collector's Club acts somewhat independently from Hasbro and TakaraTomy, as the club and BotCon can only use molds that aren't "in use" by either company. In other words, the club has to wait its turn for the production of its exclusive toys.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14747
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:46 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
leokearon wrote:1) Habro once stated that the buying ratio between Autobots and Cons is 50:50, so why do a lot of waves have more Autobots than Cons?

2)Why do Hasbro never fix moulds even when they know they have problems when they rerelease the moulds?

3)Why does Hasbro think we want tons of Bumblebees?

4) Why don't TFs have Tech Specs/Factfiles anymore, it would be nice to know something about the TF I'm buying?


1. If you're asking about Generations, unfortunately back in 1984-1985 the Decepticons were seriously outnumbered, making picking Decepticons to reimagine a tad difficult. That's why they had to resort to non-show or comic characters like Straxus.

2. That's a bit harsh as Hasbro has fixed problems that some molds inherently had. Anyhow, that involves a slight redesign of a feature and that means "going back to the drawing board", something Hasbro does not tend to do as it takes up money and especially time.

3. It's not the collectors Hasbro pays attention to in this case: it's kids and their parents. Apparently Bumblebee, with Optimus Prime trailing behind, is their favourite character, so Hasbro sees him as a major cashcow.

4. Each Transformer does have a bio plus (completely random in most cases) Tech Specs but only for the US. Europe's bios are truncated in order to fit all 12 languages on a single card. Currently, the boxed TF's have the bios not on the back, but on one of the sides. That goes for the PCC 5-packs and HftD and RtS boxed figures.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14747
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Mkall » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Why did Hasbro disice to use prodiminately open-handed designs in their newer figures instead of the closed-fist style they have been using?
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14069
News Credits: 37
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby OptiMagnus » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Where is Ultra Magnus? I understand he already has one representation in the whole classics series, but Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Rodimus, Cliffjumper and Starscream already have or will have multiple representations too. Is he not "popular enough" to field a second figure?
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Didicos » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:28 pm

Motto: "...whatever..."
Weapon: Sword
Since Alpha Trion is one of the original thirteen(as clearely stated in Exodus) and since the original thirteen are multiverse singularities, are all the incarnations of Alpha Trion(G1,RiD etc)the same bot?
Image
User avatar
Didicos
Headmaster
Posts: 1104
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:22 pm
Location: Underground

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby autobot-jolt » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Motto: "Actions speak louder than words!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
With all the excitement of TF Prime goign on, I'm still confused. Are the 5 episodes IT? Is that all there is to TF Prime? And do you think they possibly might go back like in 2012 and make figures if Prime is well recieved?
AUTOBOT-JOLT
Image[/i]
User avatar
autobot-jolt
Fuzor
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:33 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Rodimus2006 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
1. Have you ever thought of using fan-creaed ideas, many of us have been making our own transformer characters and even coming up with unique ideas for a future Transformers Series have you ever thought about using fan-based ideas for a toyline or a new transformers series.

2. I my self have made many fan-made ideas and even an idea for a new toyline called TF-Shattered Dimensions. I and and others like me have even created our own tf charatcers such as my team called the Crimson Mauraders and their Combiner AKA: Crimison Maximus and my team group called the Train Depostiors and thier combiner called Train Wreck.

3. Why hasnt RID ever been brought to N/A on DVD it has been done many many times over in the UK. But has never seen a stateside release date and hasnt been seen sense it laste aired on the Fox Box back in the early 2000's.

4. Also you said that there could be new dvd-sets in the future could you ellobarote more are you talking about Beast Machines, Beast Wars and Armada which was owned by Rhino.

5. Why is there a hold-up on Animated Season 3 is there some sort of hold up or legal matters that keep it from getting made on DVD or something else keeping it. Many fans and my self included are anxiously awaiting S3 of Animated on DVD.
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
Posts: 1172
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:54 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Malicron » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Motto: "We're all going to die... You go first."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Are there any plans to release United Wheeljack in the Generations line?
Image
"Chaos, panic, and disorder; My work here is done."
User avatar
Malicron
City Commander
Posts: 3542
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then... Oh hell, you know the rest.
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby GEEWUN » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I'm really interested in this new company Gear4Toys, is there any rumors/facts on their future projects?
Judging by these pictures they seem high quality, creative, and INEXPENSIVE!!!!
Image
User avatar
GEEWUN
Pretender
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:38 pm
Location: classified
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Rodimus2006 wrote:1. Have you ever thought of using fan-creaed ideas, many of us have been making our own transformer characters and even coming up with unique ideas for a future Transformers Series have you ever thought about using fan-based ideas for a toyline or a new transformers series.

2. I my self have made many fan-made ideas and even an idea for a new toyline called TF-Shattered Dimensions. I and and others like me have even created our own tf charatcers such as my team called the Crimson Mauraders and their Combiner AKA: Crimison Maximus and my team group called the Train Depostiors and thier combiner called Train Wreck.

3. Why hasnt RID ever been brought to N/A on DVD it has been done many many times over in the UK. But has never seen a stateside release date and hasnt been seen sense it laste aired on the Fox Box back in the early 2000's.

4. Also you said that there could be new dvd-sets in the future could you ellobarote more are you talking about Beast Machines, Beast Wars and Armada which was owned by Rhino.

5. Why is there a hold-up on Animated Season 3 is there some sort of hold up or legal matters that keep it from getting made on DVD or something else keeping it. Many fans and my self included are anxiously awaiting S3 of Animated on DVD.


I'd be careful about submitting story and figure ideas to Hasbro. Not only is the chance great that it'll end up being unused, if it does end up being used they will hold the copyright and not you. The best you can do "help out" or "give gentle nudges" like superfan Monzo did by notifying Hasbro about available trademarks and by creating Acid Storm. His reward? Hidden Easter Eggs on figures, in his case Universe Onslaught which shows his nick and birthday.

The RiD DVD's are tricky to answer, but a major factor was Saban Entertainment, which dubbed RiD going bankrupt and being bought up by Disney. Recently Saban has been re-established, but the RiD dub is still Disney property as far as I know.

Malicron wrote:Are there any plans to release United Wheeljack in the Generations line?


If it's in United, it'll be in Reveal the Shield.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14747
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:55 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
Why do you think hastak keeps painting the eyes of figures with light-piping? that always bugs me #-o. . .
Image

Looking for:
Actionmaster Prime's Armored Convoy, just the cab and trailer with it's smokestacks, add in anything else if you want <=D.
ROTF Skystalker's right wing piece (Left axe)and Star Convoy(Encore).
User avatar
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:30 am
Location: Qatar
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby zenosaurus_x » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 am

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
I've been wondering for a while, why is it that the biggest characters get the smallest toys?
I understand everything can't be in perfect scale but I've noticed a trend that the biggest guys get extremely tiny toys, seems kinda odd like they'd at least get an average size(like a Voyager or Ultra) or something.

You guys may have actually answered this one but I forgot...
User avatar
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Why do you think hastak keeps painting the eyes of figures with light-piping? that always bugs me #-o. . .


It's more of a cosmetic necessity than anything else. Most figures have one single color translucent plastic. Since all clear plastic parts are on the same sprue (meaning all parts get made at the same time), including the inside of the head, you either get eyes that clash or windows that clash. So eyes are just painted over because they're a minor part of the figure.

zenosaurus_x wrote:I've been wondering for a while, why is it that the biggest characters get the smallest toys?
I understand everything can't be in perfect scale but I've noticed a trend that the biggest guys get extremely tiny toys, seems kinda odd like they'd at least get an average size(like a Voyager or Ultra) or something.

You guys may have actually answered this one but I forgot...


Hasbro does not choose size classes based on scale, but on planned features and popularity of the character. Obviously, more famous characters get bigger toys, and it is true that some larger characters, by default, get larger than Deluxe toys, but Leader and larger are limited to #1 characters...mostly.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14747
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Bradimus » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:14 am

Motto: "If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use."
Weapon: Two Fusion Rifles
Any chance we could see TFA Arcee and maybe even Rodimus redecoed to fit in better with Classics or even Movie like Lockdown but with a movie accurate paint scheme?
User avatar
Bradimus
Fuzor
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:54 pm
Location: Michigan
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Arlekkin » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:42 am

Before RotF was released, I asked a question whether we are going to see any female character in the Universe line... and Hassbro's reply was a lot of mumbo jumbo about the movie line (which I was never interested in). Now that the Rotf/HftD line is almost over, I'm really interested if Hasbro will release any female transformers in the Generations/Reveal the Shield or PCC lines.(not just a repaint with a female character bios apart from a retool of tracks to make Road Rage)

Fact 1: Hasbro is releasing some of the old deluxes from the Classics/Universe lines into Legend Class

Fact 2: Some Legend Class figures were later released into Deluxe Class (e.g. Hound, Special Ops Jazz)

Question: Seeing the above facts and the release of scout class Windcharger, are we ever going to see a release of Beachcomber, Cosmos, Warpath, Brawn & Wheelie in scout/deluxe class figures?
Arlekkin
Micromaster
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:28 pm

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Diem » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:11 am

Bradimus wrote:Any chance we could see TFA Arcee and maybe even Rodimus redecoed to fit in better with Classics or even Movie like Lockdown but with a movie accurate paint scheme?


I'm not totally sure I understand your question but let me try to break it down:

Is TFA Rodimus going to be released in the Generations line? Unlikely, given that there's already a perfectly good Classics Rodimus.

Is TFA Arcee going to be released in the Generations line? Still unlikely. TFA Arcee's colour scheme was already pretty G1 accurate; there's not much that could be done to make this mold fit the Generations line better than that. It's possible that Hasbro will make a new mold for a Generations Arcee, especialy now that Blurr, Kup, Wreck Gar etc. are on the way.

Is TFA Rodimus going to be released in the movie line a la Lockdown? I'm pretty surprised there's no movieverse Hot Rod or Rodimus already. Maybe the third movie's toyline will have him.

Is TFA Arcee going to be released in the movie line a la Lockdown? Given that there's already an Arcee in the movieverse I think it's very unlikely we'll see a more G1 Arcee in the movie line. It'll be entirely in Hasbro's hands though, since the character was killed in the second movie.
User avatar
Diem
Gestalt
Posts: 2965
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:39 am

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Arlekkin wrote:Before RotF was released, I asked a question whether we are going to see any female character in the Universe line... and Hassbro's reply was a lot of mumbo jumbo about the movie line (which I was never interested in). Now that the Rotf/HftD line is almost over, I'm really interested if Hasbro will release any female transformers in the Generations/Reveal the Shield or PCC lines.(not just a repaint with a female character bios apart from a retool of tracks to make Road Rage)


Problem is, Arcee is the only major female in Generation 1 and the only likely candidate for a new Classics mold (if that hasn't already been trashed by the two third-party figures). Runner-up is Elita-1, who'll most likely be Arcee's retool. Japan has another major female: Minerva, who was a repaint of G1 Nightbeat. Just wait and see.

Fact 1: Hasbro is releasing some of the old deluxes from the Classics/Universe lines into Legend Class

Fact 2: Some Legend Class figures were later released into Deluxe Class (e.g. Hound, Special Ops Jazz)

Question: Seeing the above facts and the release of scout class Windcharger, are we ever going to see a release of Beachcomber, Cosmos, Warpath, Brawn & Wheelie in scout/deluxe class figures?


Just wait and see. We're not connected to Hasbro in any way, so we can't tell you anything that hasn't been said before.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Grimlock, Hightower and Wedge (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14747
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Bradimus » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Motto: "If I have the power to make a difference, I should put it to good use."
Weapon: Two Fusion Rifles
Diem wrote:
Bradimus wrote:Any chance we could see TFA Arcee and maybe even Rodimus redecoed to fit in better with Classics or even Movie like Lockdown but with a movie accurate paint scheme?


I'm not totally sure I understand your question but let me try to break it down:

Is TFA Rodimus going to be released in the Generations line? Unlikely, given that there's already a perfectly good Classics Rodimus.

Is TFA Arcee going to be released in the Generations line? Still unlikely. TFA Arcee's colour scheme was already pretty G1 accurate; there's not much that could be done to make this mold fit the Generations line better than that. It's possible that Hasbro will make a new mold for a Generations Arcee, especialy now that Blurr, Kup, Wreck Gar etc. are on the way.

Is TFA Rodimus going to be released in the movie line a la Lockdown? I'm pretty surprised there's no movieverse Hot Rod or Rodimus already. Maybe the third movie's toyline will have him.

Is TFA Arcee going to be released in the movie line a la Lockdown? Given that there's already an Arcee in the movieverse I think it's very unlikely we'll see a more G1 Arcee in the movie line. It'll be entirely in Hasbro's hands though, since the character was killed in the second movie.


I think you've answered the questions, but to clarify:

By redeco I mean a head that does not look animated, and by movie I meant to write in the original movie, which is why I pondered about TFA Rodimus as well, even though we are getting a bunch of Classics Rodimus repaints. I find TFA Rodimus to be a superior mold in overall bot appearance.
User avatar
Bradimus
Fuzor
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:54 pm
Location: Michigan
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby Diem » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Bradimus wrote:
Diem wrote:
Bradimus wrote:Any chance we could see TFA Arcee and maybe even Rodimus redecoed to fit in better with Classics or even Movie like Lockdown but with a movie accurate paint scheme?


I'm not totally sure I understand your question but let me try to break it down:

Is TFA Rodimus going to be released in the Generations line? Unlikely, given that there's already a perfectly good Classics Rodimus.

Is TFA Arcee going to be released in the Generations line? Still unlikely. TFA Arcee's colour scheme was already pretty G1 accurate; there's not much that could be done to make this mold fit the Generations line better than that. It's possible that Hasbro will make a new mold for a Generations Arcee, especialy now that Blurr, Kup, Wreck Gar etc. are on the way.

Is TFA Rodimus going to be released in the movie line a la Lockdown? I'm pretty surprised there's no movieverse Hot Rod or Rodimus already. Maybe the third movie's toyline will have him.

Is TFA Arcee going to be released in the movie line a la Lockdown? Given that there's already an Arcee in the movieverse I think it's very unlikely we'll see a more G1 Arcee in the movie line. It'll be entirely in Hasbro's hands though, since the character was killed in the second movie.


I think you've answered the questions, but to clarify:

By redeco I mean a head that does not look animated, and by movie I meant to write in the original movie, which is why I pondered about TFA Rodimus as well, even though we are getting a bunch of Classics Rodimus repaints. I find TFA Rodimus to be a superior mold in overall bot appearance.

I can't see them putting G1-accurate heads on Animated bodies, to be honest. Rodimus Minor's body is very distinctly Animated-style.
User avatar
Diem
Gestalt
Posts: 2965
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:39 am

Re: Seibertron.com Q&A: Thanksgiving Edition

Postby zenosaurus_x » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
zenosaurus_x wrote:I've been wondering for a while, why is it that the biggest characters get the smallest toys?
I understand everything can't be in perfect scale but I've noticed a trend that the biggest guys get extremely tiny toys, seems kinda odd like they'd at least get an average size(like a Voyager or Ultra) or something.

You guys may have actually answered this one but I forgot...


Hasbro does not choose size classes based on scale, but on planned features and popularity of the character. Obviously, more famous characters get bigger toys, and it is true that some larger characters, by default, get larger than Deluxe toys, but Leader and larger are limited to #1 characters...mostly.

Ah ok thanks, never looked at it that way.
User avatar
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+


Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014