BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th

Monday, December 5th, 2011 4:24PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Press Releases
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 63,379

Good afternoon my fellow Seibertronians. Our friends at BotCon just sent us the official announcement with the location and dates for BotCon 2012. Without further ado, here's the official press release as well as the corresponding image. Tell us your thoughts about BotCon 2012 by clicking here. We hope to see you in Dallas!

BotCon wrote:FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BotCon 2012 Coming to Dallas, Texas April 26th – April 29th!

Fort Worth, TX – December 1st, 2011 – Fun Publications, Inc., licensee for Hasbro’s official Transformers Collectors’ Convention, BotCon, announced today that next year’s award-winning convention will take place at the Hyatt Regency Dallas from April 26th to April 29th. You can make your hotel reservations now at BotCon.com.

In the next few weeks, Pop Culture enthusiasts from around the world will soon be able to register for BotCon 2012 through the BotCon.com online registration system. Fans and Collectors’ who register for BotCon as a Primus package holder will receive the multiple figure convention set (theme and set to be announced), admission to the Friday private sales room experience, all panels and seminars throughout the weekend and the Hall of Fame Celebration party. Finally, Primus package attendees will also receive a special bonus Transformers Deluxe figure to go along with their convention box set. General Admission for non-registered guests will be available on Saturday and Sunday only.

For more information on BotCon and all activities and the exclusive figure offerings, please visit BotCon.com.

About Hasbro

Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio.  From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY.  The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is http://www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.

About Fun Publications, Inc.

For over 15 years, Fun Publications, Inc. has been a Hasbro licensee offering fans and collectors of pop culture memorabilia news, exclusive product and family events through different print offerings, websites, collector clubs and brand specific conventions such as GIJoeCon and BotCon. Located in Fort Worth Texas, Fun Publications reaches a large audience, serving the United States and many other countries such as Japan, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia and Canada. For more information visit TransformersClub.com, GIJoeClub.com, GIJoeCon.com, and BotCon.com. BotCon is a registered trademark of Fun Publications, Inc. (C) 2011 Fun Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.

Credit(s): BotCon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319912)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:31pm CST
DAMNIIIT!!! Why do they always make Botcon so far away during a time I can't go? They do this on purpose, I know it! :evil:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319917)
Posted by Prime Evil on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:35pm CST
Booked and good to go!! Nice that it's in Dallas. I've never been and real excited to be back after missing last year.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319918)
Posted by DavidT on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:36pm CST
[color=#0000FF]DFW is only 2 hours away from me!!!!

Hold on! I gotta go change my pants! :grin:
[/color]
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319919)
Posted by The Collector on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:37pm CST
Was wondering when I would NOT have to take a roadtrip to get to the BOTCON. :grin:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319920)
Posted by --B-- on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:39pm CST
Well, its not in driving distance, but at least it is cheaper than Disney or Cali in cost.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319922)
Posted by Mkall on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:40pm CST
As usual it's nowhere close to me.

Don't care, I've already booked my room.

BOTCON!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319924)
Posted by El Duque on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:43pm CST
I'm there, that's less that a three hour drive for me!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319925)
Posted by Seibertron on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:45pm CST
Hotel room is booked!

Now to figure how we're celebrating my daughter's birthday which is on the 27th.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319927)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:54pm CST
Well, never been to Texas before.... :D
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319928)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:56pm CST
.....and Sunday is sold out. 12 oclock check out on Saturday and sleep in the hallway? Pass. I can't believe Sunday sold out! What the @#^&%!!! Now to find something close by....
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319929)
Posted by The Collector on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:00pm CST
You'll love it! Just one thing, not everybody carries six-shooters here ... most have upgraded to Glocks. :P I'm just glad its in the spring, before it gets HOT. (reads ... ) SOLD OUT!? In less than an hour!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319930)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:00pm CST
damn it :sad: :sad: ordering the set again. i really want this set so im gonna save up for it.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319933)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:06pm CST
One would think I'd be able to finally attend, since it's only an hour away from my US address. Guess again, I'm still stuck in Europe, with no time off from work or funds to speak of! :sad:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319936)
Posted by Joetx on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:16pm CST

If I don't need hotel tickets, does that mean I can only buy general admission tickets for only Saturday & Sunday?
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319938)
Posted by alternator77 on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:21pm CST
although i wont be going this will probably be the first botcon set im interested in. now the waiting begins.... >:oP
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319941)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:24pm CST
Joetx wrote:Yes! The last & only time it was here in the DFW area, I was far away in grad school, so I couldn't attend.

No no friend, you will be able to purchase a Primus package and experience everything Botcon has to offer. The hotel is only set up first for the convenience of the ou-of-towners.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319943)
Posted by LiKwid on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:34pm CST
I belive i called this one :P WOOT WOOT! and since its only 3 hours away I'll be seeing yall in 142 days !!!

Anyone wanting to go half on a room let me know..Im familiar with the dallas area( went to high school nearby) and I know of some good spots :)
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319944)
Posted by The Potentate on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:37pm CST
Oh well, Maybe next year.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319968)
Posted by Diem on December 5th, 2011 @ 6:56pm CST
Do not know if want.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319974)
Posted by Kibble on December 5th, 2011 @ 7:36pm CST
Is this where I'm supposed to pour on the butt-hurt and cry about my "credit" because my BotCon post was one minute earlier? :lol: "Credit" is pretty valuable stuff, after all! :roll:

So are the details of the set very soon to follow? Last year that info came just over 4 months before the event. We're only like a week or two away from that same time frame with it being so early this year...

Ending Soon On eBay

STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVERS CAD BANE TO CAN BANES XANADU BLOOD - Time Remaining: 16 days 57 minutes 49 seconds
STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVERS ANAKIN SKYWALKER TO JEDI STARFIGHTER - Time Remaining: 16 days 43 minutes 15 seconds
original G1 Transformers WHIRL WEAPON LOT x2 parts - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 3 minutes 38 seconds
KRE-O TRANSFORMERS, AUTOBOT RATCHET, #30662, 187 PIECES, NIB, 2010 - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 41 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1988 DOUBLEDEALER SKAR bat powermaster MINT - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 41 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers G1 1989 STARSCREAM classic pretender hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 9 days 2 hours 53 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers G1 Astrotrain 100% Complete - Triple Changer - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 28 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers G1 Kickback Incomplete - Insecticons - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 44 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016