Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th

Transformers News: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th

Monday, December 5th, 2011 4:24PM CST

Categories: Event News, Press Releases, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 55,752

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Good afternoon my fellow Seibertronians. Our friends at BotCon just sent us the official announcement with the location and dates for BotCon 2012. Without further ado, here's the official press release as well as the corresponding image. Tell us your thoughts about BotCon 2012 by clicking here. We hope to see you in Dallas!

BotCon wrote:FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BotCon 2012 Coming to Dallas, Texas April 26th – April 29th!

Fort Worth, TX – December 1st, 2011 – Fun Publications, Inc., licensee for Hasbro’s official Transformers Collectors’ Convention, BotCon, announced today that next year’s award-winning convention will take place at the Hyatt Regency Dallas from April 26th to April 29th. You can make your hotel reservations now at BotCon.com.

In the next few weeks, Pop Culture enthusiasts from around the world will soon be able to register for BotCon 2012 through the BotCon.com online registration system. Fans and Collectors’ who register for BotCon as a Primus package holder will receive the multiple figure convention set (theme and set to be announced), admission to the Friday private sales room experience, all panels and seminars throughout the weekend and the Hall of Fame Celebration party. Finally, Primus package attendees will also receive a special bonus Transformers Deluxe figure to go along with their convention box set. General Admission for non-registered guests will be available on Saturday and Sunday only.

For more information on BotCon and all activities and the exclusive figure offerings, please visit BotCon.com.


About Hasbro

Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio.  From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY.  The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is http://www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved. 

About Fun Publications, Inc.

For over 15 years, Fun Publications, Inc. has been a Hasbro licensee offering fans and collectors of pop culture memorabilia news, exclusive product and family events through different print offerings, websites, collector clubs and brand specific conventions such as GIJoeCon and BotCon. Located in Fort Worth Texas, Fun Publications reaches a large audience, serving the United States and many other countries such as Japan, Great Britain, Brazil, Australia and Canada. For more information visit TransformersClub.com, GIJoeClub.com, GIJoeCon.com, and BotCon.com. BotCon is a registered trademark of Fun Publications, Inc. (C) 2011 Fun Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.


Image
Credit(s): BotCon
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319912)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:31pm CST
DAMNIIIT!!! Why do they always make Botcon so far away during a time I can't go? They do this on purpose, I know it! :evil:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319917)
Posted by Prime Evil on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:35pm CST
Booked and good to go!! Nice that it's in Dallas. I've never been and real excited to be back after missing last year.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319918)
Posted by DavidT on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:36pm CST
DFW is only 2 hours away from me!!!!

Hold on! I gotta go change my pants! :grin:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319919)
Posted by The Collector on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:37pm CST
Was wondering when I would NOT have to take a roadtrip to get to the BOTCON. :grin:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319920)
Posted by --B-- on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:39pm CST
Well, its not in driving distance, but at least it is cheaper than Disney or Cali in cost.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319922)
Posted by Mkall on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:40pm CST
As usual it's nowhere close to me.

Don't care, I've already booked my room.

BOTCON!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319924)
Posted by El Duque on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:43pm CST
I'm there, that's less that a three hour drive for me!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319925)
Posted by Seibertron on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:45pm CST
Hotel room is booked!

Now to figure how we're celebrating my daughter's birthday which is on the 27th.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319927)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:54pm CST
Well, never been to Texas before.... :D
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319928)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:56pm CST
.....and Sunday is sold out. 12 oclock check out on Saturday and sleep in the hallway? Pass. I can't believe Sunday sold out! What the @#^&%!!! Now to find something close by....
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319929)
Posted by The Collector on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:00pm CST
You'll love it! Just one thing, not everybody carries six-shooters here ... most have upgraded to Glocks. :P I'm just glad its in the spring, before it gets HOT. (reads ... ) SOLD OUT!? In less than an hour!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319930)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:00pm CST
damn it :sad: :sad: ordering the set again. i really want this set so im gonna save up for it.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319933)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:06pm CST
One would think I'd be able to finally attend, since it's only an hour away from my US address. Guess again, I'm still stuck in Europe, with no time off from work or funds to speak of! :sad:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319936)
Posted by Joetx on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:16pm CST
Yes! The last & only time it was here in the DFW area, I was far away in grad school, so I couldn't attend.

If I don't need hotel tickets, does that mean I can only buy general admission tickets for only Saturday & Sunday?
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319938)
Posted by alternator77 on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:21pm CST
although i wont be going this will probably be the first botcon set im interested in. now the waiting begins.... >:oP
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319941)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:24pm CST
Joetx wrote:Yes! The last & only time it was here in the DFW area, I was far away in grad school, so I couldn't attend.

If I don't need hotel tickets, does that mean I can only buy general admission tickets for only Saturday & Sunday?


No no friend, you will be able to purchase a Primus package and experience everything Botcon has to offer. The hotel is only set up first for the convenience of the ou-of-towners.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319943)
Posted by LiKwid on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:34pm CST
I belive i called this one :P WOOT WOOT! and since its only 3 hours away I'll be seeing yall in 142 days !!!

Anyone wanting to go half on a room let me know..Im familiar with the dallas area( went to high school nearby) and I know of some good spots :)
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319944)
Posted by The Potentate on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:37pm CST
Oh well, Maybe next year.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319968)
Posted by Diem on December 5th, 2011 @ 6:56pm CST
Do not know if want.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319974)
Posted by Kibble on December 5th, 2011 @ 7:36pm CST
Is this where I'm supposed to pour on the butt-hurt and cry about my "credit" because my BotCon post was one minute earlier? :lol: "Credit" is pretty valuable stuff, after all! :roll:

So are the details of the set very soon to follow? Last year that info came just over 4 months before the event. We're only like a week or two away from that same time frame with it being so early this year...
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319993)
Posted by dinogeist on December 5th, 2011 @ 8:12pm CST
my guesses below,i state nothing as fact,it's just my opinion.

I don't like the date for april 26 to 29,2012. because hasbro's NYC toyfair is in the 3rd week of february every year.
Having botcon 2012 in april guarantees that we won't see that many newer proto types different from hasbro's nyc february toy fair.

My guess is SDCC 2012 in july & then SDCC in october will reveal more newer transformers proto types than botcon 2012
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319997)
Posted by Kibble on December 5th, 2011 @ 8:26pm CST
Tidalwavex wrote:my guesses below,i state nothing as fact,it's just my opinion.

I don't like the date for april 26 to 29,2012. because hasbro's NYC toyfair is in the 3rd week of february every year.
Having botcon 2012 in april guarantees that we won't see that many newer proto types different from hasbro's nyc february toy fair.

My guess is SDCC 2012 in july & then SDCC in october will reveal more newer transformers proto types than botcon 2012


eh, they didn't really reveal all that much at the last BotCon anyhow...
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1319999)
Posted by Stormrider on December 5th, 2011 @ 8:29pm CST
That's fast. They're booked up already. So...anybody need a weekend roommate?
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320003)
Posted by Fender Bender on December 5th, 2011 @ 8:39pm CST
Just a heads up, Dairycon will still be held on April 27th and 28th, being that, ya know, we announced it quite a while ago. To keep details hidden for so long would just be rude. ;)
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320005)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on December 5th, 2011 @ 9:02pm CST
Well that is pretty good. Dallas is only about 10.5 hours from Albuquerque so its certainly drivable. See you all there.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320012)
Posted by LiKwid on December 5th, 2011 @ 9:31pm CST
Fender Bender wrote:Just a heads up, Dairycon will still be held on April 27th and 28th, being that, ya know, we announced it quite a while ago. To keep details hidden for so long would just be rude. ;)


your sig made me LoL :P and you make a very good point. TFCC is based out of Ft worth( on cattle baron parkway) and the fact it is in "Their backyard" why couldnt details be hashed out sooner.

In this case, Botcon is actually cheaper for me because its within driving distance. I do plan on going to dairycon at least once..Just seems so damn cool:P
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320020)
Posted by LadyBug on December 5th, 2011 @ 9:57pm CST
Why did they pick this weekend? I'll be in Chicago for Anime Central. I kind of can't back out of this con now, considering they approved my panels. Oh well. Have fun. Maybe I can make it to Savcon or TFCon....
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320024)
Posted by Fender Bender on December 5th, 2011 @ 10:04pm CST
LiKwid wrote:
Fender Bender wrote:Just a heads up, Dairycon will still be held on April 27th and 28th, being that, ya know, we announced it quite a while ago. To keep details hidden for so long would just be rude. ;)


your sig made me LoL :P and you make a very good point. TFCC is based out of Ft worth( on cattle baron parkway) and the fact it is in "Their backyard" why couldnt details be hashed out sooner.

In this case, Botcon is actually cheaper for me because its within driving distance. I do plan on going to dairycon at least once..Just seems so damn cool:P


Glad you got the joke. My sig went over like a fart in church over at The Allspark.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320027)
Posted by NTESHFT on December 5th, 2011 @ 10:20pm CST
I'm only 6hrs and 21mins away. Getting some plans together right now. EXCITED!!!!! Been wanting to go for a while now....... Hope the exclusives will blow my mind...... :KREMZEEK:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320041)
Posted by RodimalToyota on December 5th, 2011 @ 10:53pm CST
I just called to make reservations and was told I got the last room for Friday and Saturday night.
So I think it's a wait list now.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320042)
Posted by Magnumtron on December 5th, 2011 @ 10:55pm CST
I live in Dallas and the hotel is only 8 miles from my front door!!! For those not in the know the hotel is within walking distance of the Kennedy assassination site in case you want to do the tourist thing too, and pretty much all of downtown but not any of the good bars and clubs.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320064)
Posted by Magnumtron on December 6th, 2011 @ 12:44am CST
For any of you that have never been to Dallas and want some pre-visit info just let me know. I have lived in Dallas my whole life and can tell you pretty much anything you need to know before you get here. magnumtron@gmail.com
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320068)
Posted by Magna Prime on December 6th, 2011 @ 12:55am CST
Not sure what the trouble is with booking the hotel.
I just booked it for Friday and Saturday, check-out on Sunday.

Might be open to a roommate though :)
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320072)
Posted by LiKwid on December 6th, 2011 @ 1:22am CST
The exclusives are great and all but , getting a chance to hang out with the seibertron crew again is one of the highlites of the whole weekend IMO..
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320075)
Posted by Rated X on December 6th, 2011 @ 1:42am CST
Booked !!! Me and my homeboy hittin Dallas fo sho ! Dirty South stand up !!!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320080)
Posted by alldarker on December 6th, 2011 @ 2:19am CST
Hmm... My wife and I have a roadtrip planned in the South (Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Georgia, Lousianna) right around April next year... Dallas WOULD have been doable, but my wife has to be back at work by April 26th :evil:

Anyhow, she's not into TF's, so it wouldn't be much fun for her.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320081)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 6th, 2011 @ 2:33am CST
so is there a reason why they dint want to come to NY? what are they afraid of us? Never going to get to go to a botcon at this rate.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320085)
Posted by Hoitytoity on December 6th, 2011 @ 3:28am CST
Holy crap yes. I am so there :KREMZEEK:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320111)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 6th, 2011 @ 7:22am CST
WHY?!!! Why in April?!! Don't they know that that's right in the middle of the Spring 2012 school semester? Any kid who doesn't live in the area won't be able to attend. Are they trying to reduce the attendance quantity?
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320123)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 6th, 2011 @ 8:27am CST
--B-- wrote:Well, its not in driving distance, but at least it is cheaper than Disney or Cali in cost.


Are you in PA? Cheaper than Disney? Airfare to Orlando is much cheaper than airfare to Dallas.

Tidalwavex wrote:my guesses below,i state nothing as fact,it's just my opinion.

I don't like the date for april 26 to 29,2012. because hasbro's NYC toyfair is in the 3rd week of february every year.
Having botcon 2012 in april guarantees that we won't see that many newer proto types different from hasbro's nyc february toy fair.

My guess is SDCC 2012 in july & then SDCC in october will reveal more newer transformers proto types than botcon 2012


Do you ever NOT complain?

New figures will be revealed when they're ready to be revealed, and there's a LOT more to Botcon than seeing a few new prototypes.

Megatron Wolf wrote:so is there a reason why they dint want to come to NY? what are they afraid of us? Never going to get to go to a botcon at this rate.


NYC is probably too expensive. They have to pay to rent the space.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320129)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on December 6th, 2011 @ 8:50am CST
Choices, choices.

Do I do Botcon or Adepticon?

Man, why are both in April?
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320157)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 6th, 2011 @ 10:34am CST
LiKwid wrote:The exclusives are great and all but , getting a chance to hang out with the seibertron crew again is one of the highlites of the whole weekend IMO..


You, me, knuckle down at the bar. This is happening. This is real.

Hopefully Ryan doesn't throw me into a planter this time around...
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320188)
Posted by sedtheeditor on December 6th, 2011 @ 12:27pm CST
YES!!!! Finally! Its coming here! Iv'e waited along time for it to come to TEXAS! :BOT: :BOT: :lol: :lol:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320198)
Posted by King Slick on December 6th, 2011 @ 1:16pm CST
If the money is well in place....I might swing on over. Catch the Amtrak out to Dallas, catch a bus to the rental car...*in sort of a Ferengi-esque voice* map out the storage auction sights for that weekend...and if I get a few good ones...rent a U-Haul to bring home the storage loot... :ic$:
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320206)
Posted by Erailea on December 6th, 2011 @ 1:31pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:NYC is probably too expensive. They have to pay to rent the space.


NYC is pricy but they don't have to host it in NYC itself (though they do own a show room there... or so I was told). There are plenty of convention centers and large hotels within an hour or two's radius of the city.

I dunno how much it is to rent the Javits center in NYC, but that building is HUGE and there are other, smaller, locations throughout Manhattan if Hasbro really wanted to be in the city proper.

Hell, there's even Boston and Philly. Both of which are easily gotten to via train from NYC... driving it's about 4 - 5 hours, or something to those means. I'd imagine DC prices would be about the same as NYC, but I could be wrong. DC is 4 or 5 hours from NYC (driving) and there are trains that run there as well. And DC's a great city to be a tourist in! I'm rather biased towards NYC however. Lol.

*sigh* It'd be nice to have one up here. *grumbles about having missed the Rhode Island show a few years ago... but knows she was a poor college student at the time*

ah well. Lol. One can hope for next year. Thought about going this year but, personally, I'd rather go to Yellow Stone and I can't afford to do both.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320229)
Posted by --B-- on December 6th, 2011 @ 3:13pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
--B-- wrote:Well, its not in driving distance, but at least it is cheaper than Disney or Cali in cost.


Are you in PA? Cheaper than Disney? Airfare to Orlando is much cheaper than airfare to Dallas.

Tidalwavex wrote:my guesses below,i state nothing as fact,it's just my opinion.

I don't like the date for april 26 to 29,2012. because hasbro's NYC toyfair is in the 3rd week of february every year.
Having botcon 2012 in april guarantees that we won't see that many newer proto types different from hasbro's nyc february toy fair.

My guess is SDCC 2012 in july & then SDCC in october will reveal more newer transformers proto types than botcon 2012


Do you ever NOT complain?

New figures will be revealed when they're ready to be revealed, and there's a LOT more to Botcon than seeing a few new prototypes.

Megatron Wolf wrote:so is there a reason why they dint want to come to NY? what are they afraid of us? Never going to get to go to a botcon at this rate.


NYC is probably too expensive. They have to pay to rent the space.


I meant in cost for being there, not cost to get there.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320249)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 6th, 2011 @ 4:04pm CST
This is good. Dallas is only 2 days' drive from where I live, It's halfway to Pasadena. Much better than last year. Already made hotel reservations, bring it on! And it's even sooner than last year. Awesome.
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320253)
Posted by El Duque on December 6th, 2011 @ 4:13pm CST
Having trouble getting your booked for BotCon 2012? You're in luck, an additional block has been added. BotCon sent out the update below:


Image


Due to the high volume of attendees, we have added an additional block in the hotel for those attending BotCon 2012 in Dallas Texas. Please make your reservations now at BotCon.com. Follow the hotel link. If you did not get the $129 rate for each night, you need to update your reservation as that rate is still good from the Friday before to the Monday after BotCon!

SEE YOU THERE!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320262)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 6th, 2011 @ 4:54pm CST
El Duque wrote:Having trouble getting your booked for BotCon 2012? You're in luck, an additional block has been added. BotCon sent out the update below:


Image


Due to the high volume of attendees, we have added an additional block in the hotel for those attending BotCon 2012 in Dallas Texas. Please make your reservations now at BotCon.com. Follow the hotel link. If you did not get the $129 rate for each night, you need to update your reservation as that rate is still good from the Friday before to the Monday after BotCon!

SEE YOU THERE!


Sweet!! Airline tickets booked! Anyone gotta layover in ATLANTA on thurs. and wants to get some lunch hit me up!! Wooo HOOO!
Re: BotCon 2012 in Dallas, TX from April 26 to 29th (1320277)
Posted by LiKwid on December 6th, 2011 @ 9:02pm CST
Damn did the new blocks already get booked?

Counterpunch wrote:
LiKwid wrote:The exclusives are great and all but , getting a chance to hang out with the seibertron crew again is one of the highlites of the whole weekend IMO..


You, me, knuckle down at the bar. This is happening. This is real.

Hopefully Ryan doesn't throw me into a planter this time around...


Oh yes..it will be just prime..Hopefully there will be plenty of surly waitresses as well...Just hope i dont come down with the friggin hanta virus again, being sick and trying to get hammered enjoy a Con sucks... :KREMZEEK:

Click here to view an additional 22 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014