BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie

Friday, February 28th, 2014 5:06PM CST

Categories: Event News, People News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 18,126

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The BotCon 2014 team have updated their website with information about the first three guests for this year's event, namely: Susan Blu (G1 Arcee), Hal Rayle (G1 Dinobot Snarl) and Michael McConnohie (G1 Tracks). Read their full profiles here!

Transformers News: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie


02/28/2014 - This year’s show is going to be on amazing event and you will find everything you need to know about the show here at BotCon.com! Over the next few weeks we will be releasing all the info you need pertaining to this 30th anniversary celebration that you won’t want to miss! First up, we are pleased to announce our first three guests: Susan Blu (G1 Arcee), Hal Rayle (G1 Dinobot Snarl) and Michael McConnohie (G1 Tracks). For a complete look at ALL of their Transformers character credits, be sure to click the GUESTS link along the left side of the page! Stay tuned. So much more news, toy reveals and show information to be announced!
Credit(s): BotCon.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554245)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 28th, 2014 @ 5:16pm CST
And other pages are up as well, including the Exclusives. Seems the box set will have 3 Pirates and 2 Knights.
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554246)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2014 @ 5:20pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And other pages are up as well, including the Exclusives. Seems the box set will have 3 Pirates and 2 Knights.
So then the souvenirs and attendee figure must consist of the remaining 2 pirates, the remaining 3 knights, and the rogue Decepticon (not necessarily in that order, though).
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554260)
Posted by Rick on February 28th, 2014 @ 6:53pm CST
Anybody know if we'll get the Arcee figure in time for Sue to sign it? :BOT:
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554278)
Posted by El Duque on February 28th, 2014 @ 8:33pm CST


The official BotCon 2014 website has revealed the faction breakdown in this year's Pirates vs. Knights boxset. The set will feature three pirates and two knights, so far know the identity of one of the pirates, their captain Cannonball. The convention attendee only add-on sets will of course add to both of their ranks. BotCon takes place June 19th - 22nd in Pasadena, CA.

Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554280)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2014 @ 8:38pm CST
Reposting this due it relevance:
Sabrblade wrote:So then the souvenirs and attendee figure must consist of the remaining 2 pirates, the remaining 3 knights, and the rogue Decepticon (not necessarily in that order, though).
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554296)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 28th, 2014 @ 10:16pm CST
Hehehehehehhee.

Staaaaaaaaar Seeeeekkerrrrssssss.... :KREMZEEK: =P~
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554298)
Posted by Henry921 on February 28th, 2014 @ 10:20pm CST
Even money the rogue Decepticon will be the attendee freebie.

Then we'll see one voyager knight vs one deluxe pirate, and one deluxe pirate vs one deluxe knight, and then an army builder pack of pirates.
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554301)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2014 @ 10:47pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:Hehehehehehhee.

Staaaaaaaaar Seeeeekkerrrrssssss.... :KREMZEEK: =P~
And? :???:
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554306)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 28th, 2014 @ 11:06pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Hehehehehehhee.

Staaaaaaaaar Seeeeekkerrrrssssss.... :KREMZEEK: =P~
And? :???:


There's a 3-2 ratio in favor of the Star Seekers in this set.

The awesomeness speaks for itself.
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554309)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2014 @ 11:15pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Hehehehehehhee.

Staaaaaaaaar Seeeeekkerrrrssssss.... :KREMZEEK: =P~
And? :???:


There's a 3-2 ratio in favor of the Star Seekers in this set.

The awesomeness speaks for itself.
Though, the overall ratio in the whole of the exclusives will still be an even 5:5.
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554310)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 28th, 2014 @ 11:17pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Hehehehehehhee.

Staaaaaaaaar Seeeeekkerrrrssssss.... :KREMZEEK: =P~
And? :???:


There's a 3-2 ratio in favor of the Star Seekers in this set.

The awesomeness speaks for itself.
Though, the overall ratio in the whole of the exclusives will still be an even 5:5.


Aren't there Star Seeker army builders? I think they should outnumber the knights effectively. Unless there are knight army builders I missed.
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554312)
Posted by Mkall on February 28th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CST
Come on and show us some figures! This set has awesome written all over it!
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554313)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2014 @ 11:21pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Hehehehehehhee.

Staaaaaaaaar Seeeeekkerrrrssssss.... :KREMZEEK: =P~
And? :???:


There's a 3-2 ratio in favor of the Star Seekers in this set.

The awesomeness speaks for itself.
Though, the overall ratio in the whole of the exclusives will still be an even 5:5.


Aren't there Star Seeker army builders? I think they should outnumber the knights effectively. Unless there are knight army builders I missed.
True. Maybe the "5 pirates vs. 5 knights" thing counted the pirate army-builders as a single pirate toy just repeated. Or maybe it just discounted the pirate army-builders.

Either way, still kind of a letdown that, aside from Cannonball, these probably won't be "pirates" so much as "Squadron X members repurposed as pirates". :|
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554326)
Posted by Henry921 on March 1st, 2014 @ 2:25am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Either way, still kind of a letdown that, aside from Cannonball, these probably won't be "pirates" so much as "Squadron X members repurposed as pirates". :|



Actually, that's a selling point for me, in a set I'm otherwise not too interested in. I do love having obscure Decepticons to add to my ranks of CHUG figures...
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554339)
Posted by zatara1701 on March 1st, 2014 @ 7:14am CST
Random thought of the day....

The other day there was a post about "ROM the Space Knight" being acquired and potentially used by Hasbro in Transformers...

When I read that I immediately thought about Botcon Pirates vs. Knights :-?

I will not be surprised if THE robot knight of all robot knights ends up in the set... I would be interested to see what mold gets used if they do.
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554348)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 1st, 2014 @ 7:48am CST
zatara1701 wrote:Random thought of the day....

The other day there was a post about "ROM the Space Knight" being acquired and potentially used by Hasbro in Transformers...

When I read that I immediately thought about Botcon Pirates vs. Knights :-?

I will not be surprised if THE robot knight of all robot knights ends up in the set... I would be interested to see what mold gets used if they do.
The ROM news was regarding IDW's potential use of him. For Fun Pub to use him so soon might feel like an unfair intrusion upon anything IDW's planning down the road.
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554358)
Posted by zatara1701 on March 1st, 2014 @ 8:16am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
zatara1701 wrote:Random thought of the day....

The other day there was a post about "ROM the Space Knight" being acquired and potentially used by Hasbro in Transformers...

When I read that I immediately thought about Botcon Pirates vs. Knights :-?

I will not be surprised if THE robot knight of all robot knights[/color] ends up in the set... I would be interested to see what mold gets used if they do.
The ROM news was regarding IDW's potential use of him. For Fun Pub to use him so soon might feel like an unfair intrusion upon anything IDW's planning down the road.



But it also mention Hasbro having secured rights for toys also...

"So, there are currently three trademarks Hasbro has applied for. The first is for comic books and was granted in April 2013. They've already used the first of their five possible extensions to use it in commerce (i.e. publish a ROM comic book). Extensions are required every six months if Hasbro doesn't have proof of use. Five extensions give them three years to do so.

The second trademark is for "toy action figures and toy robots convertible into other visual toy forms," which leads to the already existing rumor that Hasbro is going to make Rom part of the Transformers toy line. It, too, was granted in April 2013 and has had one extension filed against it.[/color]

The final trademark is for "entertainment services, namely an on-going animated television series for children." This one was only granted in June 2013 and, because I've gotten lazy, is new to me. It would seem to contradict Hasbro making Rom part of the Transformers, unless such a TV series would be a spin-off of Transformers: Prime or something. The first extension was just granted last month."

No matter what, Rom was a favorite along with Iron Man before our favorite robots hit our shores... I will be happy just seeing old toaster head again... :grin:
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554361)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 1st, 2014 @ 8:23am CST
Yes, but wouldn't you rather see ROM in something more mainstream and available to everybody like with IDW, instead of in something that only the special folks who can afford to go the BotCon could get a hold of?

ROM has a better chance of success with IDW than he does with Fun Pub (especially since any BotCon toy of him would just be a redeco/remold on an existing toy instead of ROM getting a unique, super special extra sweet mold of his own :D ).
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554377)
Posted by zatara1701 on March 1st, 2014 @ 10:28am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Yes, but wouldn't you rather see ROM in something more mainstream and available to everybody like with IDW, instead of in something that only the special folks who can afford to go the BotCon could get a hold of?

ROM has a better chance of success with IDW than he does with Fun Pub (especially since any BotCon toy of him would just be a redeco/remold on an existing toy instead of ROM getting a unique, super special extra sweet mold of his own :D ).



Oh I agree completely!! I was just saying my brain linked the two (Botcon and ROM) when I saw the ROM story :grin: He is after all THE Space Knight...

No we can speculate what alt mode he would have :lol:

I am still interested to see what they bring out for the knights... Pirates are cool, but SOOOOOOoooo burned out on them!!! :HEADHURTS: Maybe it's because my 5yr old makes me endure Jake and the Neverland Pirates... Plus I am kinda disappointed Thundertron seems to be out of the mix. :sad: Maybe some of the swabbies can be Jack Sparrow-ish remold of the Dredds LOL
Re: BotCon 2014 First Guests Announced: Susan Blu, Hal Rayle, Michael McConnohie (1554430)
Posted by cor2879 on March 1st, 2014 @ 7:13pm CST
Hal Rayle was at Charticon. He did a lot more voices than just G1 Snarl by the way. He's a total class act.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN GALVATRON NEW FACTORY SEALED - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 18 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION BLU RAY BOX SET WITH GRIMLOCK STATUE...BRAND NEW! - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 6 minutes 29 seconds
Kenner TRANSFORMERS Transmetals BEAST WARS: Optimal Optimus Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 23 minutes 19 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage (Corvette Stingray C3) - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 54 minutes 39 seconds
Kre-o Transformers Sentinel Prime new in the box 4 Kreons included 386 Pieces - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 34 minutes 10 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS  "OPTIMUS PRIME"  VOYAGER CLASS FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 21 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers: Generations Combiner Wars Collection Pack - G2 Bruticus - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 22 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers SEALED CASE  METROPLEX Titan Class  SDCC 2013 HASBRO EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 8 minutes
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016