BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva

Transformers News: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 10:57AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 37,419

Following up last year's G2 Sideswipe shocker, it seems there's a new trend of completely recoloring a set of sprues for the customizing class. @BotCon just revealed the 2011 Customizing Class figure:

Animated Minerva, a white and red redeco of Animated Arcee.

Seibertron.com is your ultimate BotCon 2011 resource!
Credit(s): @BotCon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231703)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:01am CDT
These are such a small group of people. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth for SO many con goers who'd want these characters but couldn't get into the class. Don't they know we're completists?

I wish they'd at least sell some of these kits through the TFCC or something.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231704)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:01am CDT
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231710)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:08am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Look at the head: it's not just a redeco, it's a retool! Those antennae were not on Animated Arcee's original head.

Oh, that makes it even worse.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231712)
Posted by Prime Evil on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:12am CDT
Definitely a nice piece, but I am glad I'm missing the Animated Botcon this year. What I do miss are all the peeps there!! Have fun guize!!
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231715)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:12am CDT
Gosh dang. It's a retool. I want it for my Animated collection!!!! Darn you TFCC and Hasbro.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231719)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:27am CDT
Awww man it's a freakin' class? Well I hope we find these on ebay eventually cuz I will be buyin'...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231720)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:30am CDT
A nice choice!
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231721)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:34am CDT
What a bunch of smelly bullshit.

No one is learning anything about customization here, they're learning how to put a Gunpla together.

Not to mention, there seems to be no reason that BotCon can't make the kits available as a convention add on for little to no cost if they're going to bother making them at all.

I haven't even wanted nor really been envious of the past two year's custom figures, but all this is is an assembly line class.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231730)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:44am CDT
Nothing I can't re-create.. unless those swords are clear blue.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231731)
Posted by It Is Him on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:45am CDT
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231735)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 1st, 2011 @ 11:49am CDT
It Is Him wrote:Counterpunch is kinda 100% right. Plus, it's kinda near impossible to get into these classes.

Goddamn right I am...

Even if I got into the class (which I will now and forever actually attempt to get into), I would sell the kit because it still seems non-official to me. I hate kits.

But hell, $75 to recoup 110% of the cost of the entire convention set and flight? Let's do it.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231751)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 1st, 2011 @ 12:00pm CDT
Quick, someone repaint it as Nightbeat to make the circle complete.

Also, yea agree 100% with CP. These are nothing but kits. I believe the last one that actually required a lot of painting was Overkill and even he was cast in the right colours from the start.

Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231752)
Posted by Bed Bugs on June 1st, 2011 @ 12:03pm CDT

CP is right with everything being molded the way it is now, there really isn't much customizing going on anymore.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231753)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 1st, 2011 @ 12:03pm CDT
Feeling kinda burned like normal with the custom class figure. Yes, I know I could pay for the class but then I'd have to pay another day in the hotel as well. These should be available for sale assembled and painted as another club figure for sale at the con. Make these classes a true custom class. I think the molds given out should be complete blanks that you customize. I dunno, still a little butthurt over G2 Sideswipe.
:BOT:
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231755)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 1st, 2011 @ 12:06pm CDT
Fender Bender wrote:And this is why I've been championing for them to increase the production run of the "Custom Class" figure and sell the kits to attendees just like the other figures.

Like most issues I have with the club, I'll keep on saying something about this issue, knowing full well I'll be ignored by them.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231760)
Posted by It Is Him on June 1st, 2011 @ 12:09pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:still a little butthurt over G2 Sideswipe.
:BOT:

We're all a little butthurt over G2 Sideswipe.

Dead Metal wrote:Quick, someone repaint it as Nightbeat to make the circle complete.

Awesome.

[quote]
And god dammit, why not just sell these kits over their website, I love building stuff like that. Yes, I'm angry that I missed the KO Sideswipe kit. :P[/quote]

This is one KO product that I can really get behind. I love building stuff. If we got some Kabaya-esque models here in the West, I would buy the hell out of it.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231768)
Posted by RhA on June 1st, 2011 @ 12:21pm CDT
Yay. Owning a Minerva is still something for the elite.

The dork-elite.
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231769)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 1st, 2011 @ 12:22pm CDT
I think you're on to something....

- Sell the kit as an add-on at Botcon and/or the Club (with instructions)
- Make the class for people to actually create a UNIQUE custom character... and actually teach customization techniques. (dry brushing, sculpting, weathering, rust, etc.)
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231770)
Posted by Bed Bugs on June 1st, 2011 @ 12:23pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

Yeah, they're pretty good at hiding from the fan-dom for the most part. You pretty much have to flame the hell out of the club to get a response from them (which is funny AND sad at the same time). Usually it results in Pete defending their practices and not taking any of the negative criticism into account while promising a vague possible change, but never delivering.

The Club has flaunted the "Smaller Production Run = Higher Cost per Toy" excuse on Botcon exclusives and Club exclusives for YEARS. So how is it the club can afford to only make about 50 of these? Wouldn't that mean the cost of making this kit would be INSANE based on their logic?

In the interest of saving the club from going under by making such high cost/low production runs, I implore them to make more of these kits to sell. ;) :lol:
Re: BotCon Customizing Class Figure Announced - Animated Minerva (1231827)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 1st, 2011 @ 2:09pm CDT
its real sad to think ill never be able to get this one since i love the animated arcee mold

Ending Soon On eBay

G2 Transformers YELLOW SCAVENGER MOC - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 55 minutes 1 second
G1 Transformers Sharkticon Action Figure Army Alpha Quintesson Energon Megatron - Time Remaining: 13 days 11 hours 39 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers G1 Lot Vintage Astrotrain Triplechanger 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 40 minutes 26 seconds
Swindle Transformers Fall of Cybertron - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 25 minutes 34 seconds
AFA Transformers 2005 - Cybertron Deluxe - Hot Shot - AFA U90 NM+/MT - Time Remaining: 12 days 10 hours 12 minutes 54 seconds
OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION FIRST EDITION LEADER CLASS NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 27 minutes 52 seconds
Takara TRANSFORMERS Beast Wars Cybertron C-19 TONBOT JETSTORM  **FACTORY SEALED - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 3 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HERO MASHERS  SET BUMBLEBEE - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 21 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive