Transformers News: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe  /  Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire

Wednesday, June 5th, 2013 2:41PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,941

Continuing in their tradition of releasing Transformers inspired redecos of G.I.Joe vehicles as SDCC exclusives Hasbro has announced this year's set, a G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. as Hound and G.I. Joe Skystriker as Jetfire with booster pack! The set also includes a mini Blaster with cassettes, Baroness with Ravage, Bludgeon inspired Samurai, and Snake Eyes sporting an outfit complete with Autobot symbol. The set comes packaged in a box meant to resemble a vintage comic cover. These and more Hasbro SDCC exclusives can be found over at USA Today by clicking here.

The packaging of the 'G.I Joe/Transformers' mash-up exclusive is even a throwback —it pays homage to a 1980s comic-book miniseries.

Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed

An old-school G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. vehicle is retooled in the deco of Autobot cult fave Hound, originally an Army Jeep in the cartoon.

Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed

The set stars a G.I. Joe Skystriker with a paint job inspired by the Autobot, Jetfire.

Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed

No G.I. Joe set is complete without the resident ninja commando Snake Eyes — this time sporting an Autobot logo on his outfit.

Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed

If you're so inclined, you can have the Cobra femme fatale Baroness take Decepticon Ravage out for a walk

Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed

The Decepticon character Bludgeon inspired this action figure of a robotic samurai warrior with a skeleton head.

Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed

Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed
Credit(s): USA Today
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492909)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 5th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CDT
[quote]The Autobot Blaster — and his tapes — shows up in the set in his boom-box form. (Kids, ask your parents what a boom box is.)[/quote]

So this.
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492910)
Posted by necr0blivion on June 5th, 2013 @ 2:49pm CDT
How are they going to fit all that awesomeness into one box? The Skystriker alone is massive!

I like all the details put into this set, and Bludgeon is quite the surprise. I need to put this on my wish list.
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492911)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 5th, 2013 @ 2:53pm CDT
Something seems a bit backwards in the vehicle descriptions: isn't the VAMP just a repaint, and the Skystriker a remold? I passed on the Sky-scream a few years ago, but Sky...um...Fire I may have to shell out for!

And we finally get that cancelled Baroness-walkies statue in action figure form?!?!? Worth the wait!!!
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492914)
Posted by Manterax Prime on June 5th, 2013 @ 2:56pm CDT
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492918)
Posted by Mkall on June 5th, 2013 @ 3:01pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:I'd usually be angry about Tranformers being exclusives, but they don't transform, so I could care less.

We haven't heard yet which TF is going to be the SDCC exclusive of the year yet, so keep your anger ready for release.

I think the rumours were saying it would be a highly-detailed Metroplex?
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492919)
Posted by Manterax Prime on June 5th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

I think the rumours were saying it would be a highly-detailed Metroplex?

Even if that's true, we're getting one in retail anyways that's accurate enough to the source material, so again, I could care less.
What would really get me would be if it's Breakdown, Jet Vehicon, or something else Hasbro doesn't want to give the general populace.
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492922)
Posted by Seibertron on June 5th, 2013 @ 3:37pm CDT
Well this is just fucking awesome. Man I love these things! I'm excited to get the Baroness and Ravage figures as well as the amazing Bludgeon figure. Too cool!
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492923)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 5th, 2013 @ 3:37pm CDT
yeah that boombox line shows hasbro has no clue. But anyway i want that ravage
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492926)
Posted by Seibertron on June 5th, 2013 @ 3:52pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:yeah that boombox line shows hasbro has no clue. But anyway i want that ravage

It's supposed to be humorous. :lol:
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492936)
Posted by Seibertron on June 5th, 2013 @ 4:30pm CDT
Is that Andrew Wildman's artwork? Very fitting if it is. It definitely homages his style if it's not him.
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492942)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 5th, 2013 @ 4:54pm CDT
The Baroness with Ravage figure has been a long time coming, ever since this statue was canceled:

Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492943)
Posted by DevastaTTor on June 5th, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
That Jetfire retool and Ravage are very cool. Wish I were going to CC again this year.
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492947)
Posted by dedcat on June 5th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT
I wonder if Ravage has articulation or if he is static.
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492949)
Posted by FortMacs on June 5th, 2013 @ 5:36pm CDT
wow, may have to try and grab this set.
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492951)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 5th, 2013 @ 5:37pm CDT
Well, aren't those just flippin' awesome.

The Jetfire/Skyfire jet is so full of win. =P~ Hound is pretty cool as well. Don't particularly care for Snake Eyes there. Blaster with tapes are adorable (so is their introduction :lol: ). Is Bludgeon a retool of a previous G.I Joe mold? Or is this just a straight-up new tooling?
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492952)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on June 5th, 2013 @ 5:38pm CDT
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492959)
Posted by wordmongerer on June 5th, 2013 @ 6:10pm CDT
It is indeed Wildman who did the box art and John-Paul Bove (me!) that did the colours. Been sitting on this for months so pleased to see this news out in the wild at last!
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492965)
Posted by Henry921 on June 5th, 2013 @ 6:22pm CDT
funeralthirst7 wrote:It's a really nice set this year and I wouldn't mind owning it but the price this is already getting on the secondary market makes it an easy pass for me.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I mostly just want Baroness and Ravage, rather than any of the other stuff, which is cool, but skippable.

If last year's SDCC is anything to go by this'll be limited to 1 per customer. This thing's gonna' be pricey.
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492968)
Posted by KnightStrike on June 5th, 2013 @ 6:26pm CDT
That sound you hear now is my wallet crying.... I would love to have Skyfire and Hound, but lack the room to display them. However, if there is any way possible without spending too ridiculous an amount though I will have to have that Baroness and Ravage set, its too awesome to pass on! :D
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2013 G.I. Joe / Transformers Crossover Exclusive Revealed: G.I. Joe V.A.M.P. / Hound & Skystriker / Jetfire (1492975)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 5th, 2013 @ 6:46pm CDT
While these are great I can't help but wonder why we don't have repaints and remolds of Transformer figures with G.I. Joe and Cobra decos.

Universe Powerglide would've ruled as Tailwind/Cobra Rattler.

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotom ... ttler.html