Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions

Transformers News: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions

Thursday, October 16th, 2008 2:44PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Site Articles, Heavy Metal War
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 56,655

Cybertron; a planet destroyed.

History calls it:
Heavy Metal War: First Generation.

You watched, as for millennia the Autobots and Decepticons fought a civil war that ended when Optimus Prime, making the ultimate sacrifice, hurled himself and his nemesis Megatron into the core of Cybertron, uniting it with the Matrix.

The shockwave crashed all transformer-descended life across the universe.
The Great War was ended, but the cost was huge.

This was ‘The Great Reset’

{L_IMAGE}

The time for the First Generation was over, thus began:
Heavy Metal War: The Organic Age

You saw Cybertron, devastated and drifting in space until struck by an alien asteroid.
From this, a new species of Transformer evolved; Efficient, smaller, just as powerful - maybe even deadlier. Heroic peacekeepers and warlike predators took the names Maximal and Predacon and war resumes for a new generation whilst the Autobots and Decepticons, reactivated as weapons of war, broke free to continue to their unending battle across Cybertron.

{L_IMAGE}

Now it is time for you to join that war.

Maximal, Autobot, Predacon, Decepticon; four factions fighting for Cybertron; to protect her; to bring her peace; to conquer her; to make her the seat of power in the universe. Will you choose to further Cybertron’s evolution and stop the archaic first generation tearing your planet apart or will you choose the fight to eradicate this new organic disease that has infected your home and decendants?

Chose your allegiance carefully:
{L_IMAGE}Maximals; Reluctantly fighting the Predacon’s to bring order to your world, drawn deeper into conflict by the warlike ways of the ancient Autobots and Decepticons that ravaged the planet so long ago. All must be stopped if order is to survive.

{L_IMAGE}Predacons; Fighting to seize control of Cybertron and purge the weak Maximal fools, to return the world it to its natural chaotic state ruled by us alone. If the ancients try to stand in our way, then they will be destroyed for none can oppose our might.

{L_IMAGE}{L_IMAGE} Or chose to follow the ancient path of the Autobot or Decepticon survivors, continue the great galactic war that raged across the universe, and purge the planet of all who would oppose you or threaten your freedom.

Defend or destroy, purge or protect?

Four Warring Factions
Heavy
Two Generations
Metal
One Planet
War
{L_IMAGE}

The strategy game that's more than meets the eye..
Credit(s): Psychout, High Command

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814411)
Posted by Rat Convoy on October 16th, 2008 @ 2:48pm CDT
Absolute Zero wrote:
Psychout wrote:Thnaks, gotta do something whilst my cons are in Stasis Lock :lol:

Lets see if this help's attract people to join the Beast Wars factions...

Yeah. The maximal's haven't been putting up much of a fight lately. http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... _id=199560

Geez, was it really necessary to post that mission three times? We honestly didn't do that bad; you outleveled us and we still took out five of you.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814412)
Posted by Omega Charge on October 16th, 2008 @ 2:49pm CDT
So basically,

JOIN THE MAXIS!
JOIN THE PREDS!

Or, you know, you can go Con or Bot too. Loser.

Now I wish I had gone Pred again. :-(

But it's a pretty good idea, could do well in getting new players involved.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814419)
Posted by Absolute Zero on October 16th, 2008 @ 2:58pm CDT
Rat Convoy wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:

Lets see if this help's attract people to join the Beast Wars factions...

Crimson Ghost just hit level 1. And yes, I did. I don't brag often, but when I do, it's usually something worthy. And there's also the fact that no one hit him at all, even with all of the other Preds going down. That's what I'm bragging about.

*edit* I also remember you bragging about killing a whole lot of people lower level then you in a tournie too, so forgive me if I don't particulary worry if I hurt your feelings. :grin:
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814426)
Posted by plusapopsicle on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:00pm CDT
*sniffle* it feels so damn epic...
I love this game...I'm loving it man! :')

But what really bothers me is that the Maximals and Predacons can choose to be vehicles as their alt form... does that even make sense?
On the flip side I think Autobots and Decpeticons shouldn't be anything but vehicles and the like...Basically no animals.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814428)
Posted by Tammuz on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:01pm CDT
so is this gonna be newsified?
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814432)
Posted by Shadow Dragon on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:03pm CDT
Tammuz wrote:so is this gonna be newsified?

Nope, it's not. Pay no attention to that thingy over on the left whilest in your registry that shows this has been a news post.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814436)
Posted by Rat Convoy on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:05pm CDT
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814439)
Posted by Tammuz on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:06pm CDT
I don't read the other bits of the site. where's the HMW in that?
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814445)
Posted by Sustain on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:10pm CDT
If we could get that on the HMW main page that would be awesome.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814451)
Posted by sumowrestler on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:16pm CDT
Most appreciated for the unsolicated recruitment thread, Psycout. I joined back in Nov 2003 and not sure if I seen the original layout of HMW. If I did, it wasn't all that long. Even though the Maximals and Preds are out numbered, we will continue with the fight. Live long the Beast Wars!!!!!
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814456)
Posted by Omega Sentinel on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:20pm CDT

Lets see if this help's attract people to join the Beast Wars factions...
Mind if I add a little something to your saga in a couple of weeks?
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814457)
Posted by Absolute Zero on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:21pm CDT
Rat Convoy wrote:Posting the mission is cool, your bot did awesome and deserves the brag. But if I'm going to see it three times, I felt the need to point out that we actually did put up a fight, and a pretty good one at that.

Which is what I'm saying. He was dancing around the battlefield and picking his shots. I'm so proud! :sad:

But are ya denying that the Maximals could use some help?
plusapopsicle wrote:*sniffle* it feels so damn epic...
I love this game...I'm loving it man! :')

There were animal transformers in Gen 1 (The predacons, the cassettes for both sides, seacons and several others) and the Maximals/Predacons had vehicle forms on Cybertron. There's no animal life on cybertron to scan and take the form of. So, it makes sense that both sides would have access to vehicles and animals.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814461)
Posted by Absolute Zero on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:22pm CDT
Omega Sentinel wrote:

Lets see if this help's attract people to join the Beast Wars factions...
Mind if I add a little something to your saga in a couple of weeks?

Hey, while you're here, the alt rotation is today right?
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814466)
Posted by Omega Sentinel on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:23pm CDT
Absolute Zero wrote:
Omega Sentinel wrote:

Lets see if this help's attract people to join the Beast Wars factions...
Mind if I add a little something to your saga in a couple of weeks?

Hey, while you're here, the alt rotation is today right?
If it works. Cross your fingers.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814470)
Posted by Rat Convoy on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:26pm CDT
plusapopsicle wrote:*sniffle* it feels so damn epic...
I love this game...I'm loving it man! :')

As has been pointed out, there are examples of animals for Autobots and Decepticons, both in G1 and the Unicron trilogy; and the Maximals and Predacons both had vehicular alts before traveling to prehistoric earth. Besides, players like having choice. Just because I chose to be Maximal doesn't mean I don't want some vehicle bots on my team. Matter of fact, I think the Maximals and Predacons need MORE vehicular alts, to make us more attractive to a wider variety of players. We definitely should have gotten the Star Wars alts, that would have gotten us quite a few more players.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814476)
Posted by Malicron on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:30pm CDT
You have some of them. I know for sure the Preds have the TIE fighter.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814482)
Posted by Psychout on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:36pm CDT
Thanks guys lets hope we can have more Beasts to cull!

Omega Sentinel wrote:

Lets see if this help's attract people to join the Beast Wars factions...
Mind if I add a little something to your saga in a couple of weeks?

That would be awesome.

Ratty wrote:We definitely should have gotten the Star Wars alts, that would have gotten us quite a few more players.
Ill bet you 5,000 energon that you have, they just havent rotated in yet.

The Preds got their tie fighter's on monday...
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814484)
Posted by Rat Convoy on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:37pm CDT
Oh, cool. I didn't notice. I haven't seen any for the Maximals yet.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814494)
Posted by Absolute Zero on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:41pm CDT
I think we also have a X-Wing with it's wings closed, but I could be wrong and it could be Saber.
Re: Heavy Metal War: A new age, the Beast Wars factions (814501)
Posted by Anonymous on October 16th, 2008 @ 3:49pm CDT
I saw a HISS tank...bout shit myself...SUPER UBER awesome!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Constructbots Blitzwing NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 10 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Constructbots Bumblebee NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 12 minutes 2 seconds
2008 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN AUTOBOT MUDFLAP ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 12 minutes 43 seconds
2008 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN AUTOBOT SKIDS ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 14 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Movie MechTech Decepticon Crankcase MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 45 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Combiner Wars Dead End Action Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 46 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Universe 25th Anniversary Ultra Class Hardhead MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 32 minutes 11 seconds
LOT TRANSFORMERS FIGURE LEGENDS CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME MEGATRON GRIMLOCK BUMBLEBEE - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 3 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory