Transformers News: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat

Thursday, September 12th, 2013 9:18AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,221

Thanks to Amazon Japan we have some great high quality non-watermarked official images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat. These images give us a good look at the Sideswipe's remolded Yaniger style face. Check out the awesome images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Official TakaraTomy pics of TG-30 Waspinator, TG-31 Rhinox, MP-12G Lambor G2 Version, and MP-13B Sou

Credit(s): Amazon Japan

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517291)
Posted by megatronus on September 12th, 2013 @ 9:22am CDT
Woah. :shock:

Translucent red Megatron gun?

Nice! :KREMZEEK:
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517298)
Posted by Bowspearer on September 12th, 2013 @ 9:52am CDT

Overall I'm not as excited as I was when I was expecting Sideswipe and Soundwave, but there's enough there for me to look forward to both releases.

Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517299)
Posted by El Duque on September 12th, 2013 @ 9:54am CDT
Bowspearer wrote:The touches they've put on these guys make them pretty appealing. G2 Sideswipe has gone from an easy pass to a no brainer, while Soundlbaster has some nice touches to him. Ratbat of course is brilliant, but the fact that there's the ruby crystals of Burma version energon cube included with him is a really nice touch.

Those details appear to be stickers, so hopefully they're included.
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517301)
Posted by megatronus on September 12th, 2013 @ 9:55am CDT
Bowspearer wrote:Any word on whether the fluro green deco on Sideswipe in car mode is an Amazon exclusive?

They look like optional stickers to me.

Seems they were just testing the waters by adding the optional Autobot Sticker to MP Tigertrack.
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517302)
Posted by Torneira on September 12th, 2013 @ 9:58am CDT
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517303)
Posted by Bowspearer on September 12th, 2013 @ 9:58am CDT
Either way it looks like worst case scenario it's a reprolabels job.

One thing I really would like to see on G2 Sideswipe is just how the sword mounts on his back in robot mode.
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517305)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 10:02am CDT
Torneira wrote:I don't know if someone already asked this, but where does the spikes on the tires in robot form go when he transforms in vehicle mode :???:
Those are probably just removable accessories one can attach to him in robot mode.
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517310)
Posted by Rotoraptor on September 12th, 2013 @ 10:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:Not digging the two Beast Wars characters. The colours are too dark.
Takara Rhinox's brown is lighter than Hasbro's:

megatronus wrote:I'm super psyched about Sideswipe as well (not to mention Soundblaster), but I would like to know what logic there is to the numbering.
If it's a new character who was in the original mainstream toyline, they get a new number.

If it's just a different version of the same character, or an e-HOBBY exclusive toy (new character or not), they keep their number but gain a letter.

Convoy wrote:What I'm wondering is if Soundblaster really won't have a translucent red chest/door so you can read the "weak spot sticker"(tech spec style) on the few G1 cassettes that have it.
Looks like it'll be a show-accurate purple chest door.

Which I just now realized was also raised in the cartoon like on the toy. :shock:

Mindmaster wrote:Liking the bling on Waspinator. However, Hasbro's release is more up in my alley, since I'm in it for show accuracy, and while they got Waspinator's green down, his yellow wasn't quite like that. Plus, gotta keep funds into consideration.
I'm thinking of getting both versions and Frankensteining them together to give the Takara one Hasbro's non-metallic yellow. But only if I can afford to do so, and only if it's actually possible. ;)

Mindmaster wrote:Call me Captain Obvious, but Rhinox's deco seems to be inspired by the original toy. So once again, Hasbro's got me on their hook.
I dunno, the brown on Takara's Rhinox definitely looks closer to the cartoon model than the original toy to me.

Hm. Thanks for doing the legwork, there, I hadn't noticed how much more cartoon accurate the Takara Rhinox was. Especially with those guns painted, and the more brown paint than the slate grey Hasbro showed off. I know the photos are from Ehobby, but are these definitely the final Takara* deco? The promo photos on most retailers still show a version quite similar to the Hasbro colors without the guns painted. Still won't be getting the Takara waspinator, no clue why they decided to go with metallic gold instead of yellow..... Perhaps it's because the organic nature of beast modes was toned WAY down in Japanese beast continuity, i.e., Beast Wars II & Neo characters having weaponized beast modes.
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517313)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 12th, 2013 @ 10:35am CDT
Rotoraptor wrote:I know the photos are from Ehobby, but are these definitely the final Takara* deco? The promo photos on most retailers still show a version quite similar to the Hasbro colors without the guns painted.
The other retailers haven't yet received the official TakaraTomy stock photos like e-HOBBY has. I suspect Amazon Japan will have high quality versions of these pics soon enough (what with them already having gotten larger pics of MP Soundblaster and Lambor G2 Version). ;)
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517315)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on September 12th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517317)
Posted by Rotoraptor on September 12th, 2013 @ 11:00am CDT
Yotsuyasan wrote:It bothers me a bit that the upper half of Ratbat's wings are so obviously the front of his cassette mode. It'd have been nice if they had found a way to swivel those around. Still, I'd love to get my hands on one! Pity I have absolutely no interest in SoundBlaster. (Wish there was a way to get him separately, but I shan't hold my breath on that...)

Why? They kinda shadily indicated that they want to make Slugfest and Overkill, they could easily make a new two or three pack down the road including Ratbat. I doubt they made the mold with intend to ONLY sell it with Soundblaster, that would be a total waste of development funds. No, I would bet money we'll see an individual or multi-pack release of Ratbat in the future.
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517318)
Posted by Rotoraptor on September 12th, 2013 @ 11:00am CDT

Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517322)
Posted by megatronus on September 12th, 2013 @ 11:04am CDT
Rotoraptor wrote:

You can make the opposite argument: they included Ratbat with Soundblaster in order to move units of Soundblaster, which has 0 development cost. That revenue should more than counterbalance the cost of developing a wee little thing like Ratbat.

Also, possible future 2-pack would probably be:

Slugfest & Overkill
Beast Box & Squawk Talk

Where would Ratbat fit into this scheme?
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517324)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 12th, 2013 @ 11:31am CDT
How the heck does Ratbat transform? It looks like his torso and head flap over to the cassette side but I can't quite figure it out.
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517330)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on September 12th, 2013 @ 11:54am CDT
megatronus wrote:Also, possible future 2-pack would probably be:

Slugfest & Overkill
Beast Box & Squawk Talk

Where would Ratbat fit into this scheme?

Well, still not holding my breath, but two-packs are the Takara tape release strategy. I'd rather hold out for a Hasbro release, and perhaps if Hasbro's less worried about Soundblaster, they could give us a three-pack of Slugfest, Overkill, and Ratbat and I'd be a happy guy.

(I'll admit I went third-party on Beast Box & Squawk Talk... I figured, as characters who never appeared in the cartoon, there'd be less of a chance of seeing them. But if they got a proper Masterpiece release that was made available by Hasbro, I suppose I could transfer the third-party ones to my Classics collection.)
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517338)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 12th, 2013 @ 1:03pm CDT
I think seller's in the secondary market can hear everyone's cry for Ratbat and not having to buy Soundblaster to get him. I'm sure we will see people selling Ratbat solo at wonderful jacked-up prices. :VEHI:
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517339)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on September 12th, 2013 @ 1:05pm CDT
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517340)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 12th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CDT
Yotsuyasan wrote:
megatronus wrote:Also, possible future 2-pack would probably be:

Slugfest & Overkill
Beast Box & Squawk Talk

Where would Ratbat fit into this scheme?

Ratbat & Enemy two pack would work for me.
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517347)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 12th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CDT
Hello Ratbat. Your looking totally awesome today.
Re: High Quality Official Images Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-12G G2 Sideswipe and MP-13B Soundblaster with Ratbat (1517358)
Posted by Deruji on September 12th, 2013 @ 2:53pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
Yotsuyasan wrote:
megatronus wrote:Also, possible future 2-pack would probably be:

Slugfest & Overkill
Beast Box & Squawk Talk

Where would Ratbat fit into this scheme?

Ratbat & Enemy two pack would work for me.

They'd probably give us Enemy and Wingthing :P
Daresay even, the Japan exclusive Dino-Cassettes?

Ending Soon On eBay

HOIST Used Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Tow Truck SUPER RARE Tow-Bot - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 16 minutes 35 seconds
NEW  100% AUTHENTIC Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor Sideswipe - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 18 minutes 7 seconds
TAKARA Transformers Masterpiece MP-21G BUMBLEBEE G2 ver goldbug action figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 33 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers G1 Terrorcon Hun-Grrr Abominus Action Figure 1987 Hasbro Takara - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 3 minutes 39 seconds
WINDCHARGER Minibot Ex/100% Complete Vintage 1985 Hasbro Transformers G1 - Time Remaining: 13 days 5 hours 12 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Cybertron VECTOR PRIME New White Factory Sealed 2004 - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 45 minutes 44 seconds
New~ Perfect Effect PC-09 Upgrade Kit suit Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 46 minutes 8 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe - Autobots, King Atlas Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 16 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016