In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime

Transformers News: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime

Saturday, January 12th, 2013 2:22PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 41,704

Courtesy of 78dm.net we have an extensive gallery of Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime. This figure is a brand new mold featuring "Beast Hunters" signature spiky armored style, and also see Optimus Prime returning to a cab-over type of truck. He comes with packed with two Ionic Pulse Launchers and the Star Saber.

For size comparison the figure has been posed with Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Voyager Optimus Prime, as you can see the "Beast Hunters" mold appears to be quite a bit beefier. A couple of the images also feature his wavemate "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking, so more images of him are likely forthcoming.

Enjoy the images mirrored below:

Credit(s): 78dm.net

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454495)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on January 12th, 2013 @ 2:31pm CST
Actually a cool looking figure. i'm still getting a dotm skyhammer feel though , so far the only autobot BH i will pick up. That swords sweet as well .
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454496)
Posted by Dyn@mo on January 12th, 2013 @ 2:31pm CST
Now that is one ugly face. He looks like a Neanderthal.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454498)
Posted by Dr Va'al on January 12th, 2013 @ 2:38pm CST
I LOVE that face. Ticked off Optimus is ticked off. :lol:

And he looks bigger than PRiD Voyager OP, which is good.

(I also suspect we'll be getting some in-hand images of Predaking soon.)
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454499)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on January 12th, 2013 @ 2:38pm CST
Holy hell, he must be pissed! And he's bigger than the RID Voyager Optimus too! I'm gonna have to pick this thing up!
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454500)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on January 12th, 2013 @ 2:40pm CST
The more of this mold that I see, the more I like it. Especially the jetpack.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454501)
Posted by mongrel on January 12th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CST
I wonder if my WFC Optimus head will fit on him? His embarrassingly small size is to pathetic to put on display anyway so I might as well part him out.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454502)
Posted by STngAR on January 12th, 2013 @ 2:43pm CST
Strangely enough I dig his new head. Its sqishey (sp?) face Prime. :MAXIMAL:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454504)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 12th, 2013 @ 2:49pm CST
God... Sonuva....

...Dammit.

I planned on Smokescreen (and maaaaybe Starscream) to be my only Beast Hunters figure. Now that we know he actually looks really cool, guess I gotta fish out another twenty bucks. They better make an equally-bulky-and-badass Megatron. >:oP

I'm so happy they finally ditched the MechTech-like weapon. Stupidest idea ever.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454510)
Posted by Flakmaster on January 12th, 2013 @ 2:59pm CST
This figure looks more and more like a good idea with bad execution.

I want to like this figure, but it just looks too simple. It doesn't even appear as though the feet can be placed flat.

This would be better as a Deluxe.

This must be a move on Hasbro's part to purposefully dumb down TFs; I can't imagine that the toy designers could get this bad at making interesting, poseable TFs in only a few years, especially after seeing the level of complexity in the ROTF figures and post-ROTF Generations figures.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454511)
Posted by butterflyboy on January 12th, 2013 @ 3:00pm CST
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454513)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 12th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CST
Flakmaster wrote:the level of complexity in the ROTF figures and post-ROTF Generations figures.

Hey man, ROTF Jetfire and Rampage are pretty tough to transform. That's why I rarely touch Rampage nowadays. :-s
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454515)
Posted by frogbat on January 12th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CST

Fortunately I'm content with my fe prime.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454517)
Posted by njb902 on January 12th, 2013 @ 3:12pm CST
I take back what I said when we first saw this guy. I am liking his jet pack, though I am going to ditch his sword for one or two of power master prime's black guns, oh or maybe Dotm voyager prime's gun, or maybe make an even longer run on sentence.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454518)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 12th, 2013 @ 3:12pm CST
I want this!!! I want this now!!! This is the first time since classics that I can say this IS Optimus Prime. One small observation is that it appears we've moved from Prime=Ax to Prime=Sword. Anybody know if these are in hand overseas anywhere?
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454521)
Posted by Cybertronus on January 12th, 2013 @ 3:16pm CST
Holly crap! Megatron will run scared of Optimus when he sees his face :lol:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454524)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 12th, 2013 @ 3:24pm CST
These BH figures remind me of the Unicron Trilogy stuff where fun(ction) > form. Which is cool and all, though I think I'll be skipping most of it.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454525)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 12th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CST
frogbat wrote:I was initially put off by the cartoony alt mode but I can see this as a worthwhile figure. The robot mode gives me a very Japanese old school robot vibe in its proportions kinda like mazinga z etc. he's pretty nice size wise too

I was getting the same vibe. I couldn't quite place my finger on it.
butterflyboy wrote:Does anyone else notice that Hasbro seems to be skimping less on the plastic? He's bigger than PRID Optimus, with beefy accessories. Also, the back of his legs aren't all hollowed out like PRID OP. I for one am really glad to see that.

I was thinking that too when I picked up Voyager Soundwave. Not the best fig, but pretty hefty. Hav'n't got a deluxe fog since Vehicon, but Smokescreen looks big as well.
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454539)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 12th, 2013 @ 3:57pm CST
Woah... Look like Animated Optimus Prime reimagined by Rob Zombie!
HE'S SO METAL!

I love the Madmaxesque garbage truck mode.
That robot mode is pure concentrated baddassery. And that head sculpt... look like OP is tired of playing nice!

I'm looking forward to see him in store. :BOWDOWN:

What's more, the voyagers are starting to look like voyagers again! :DANCE:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454544)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 12th, 2013 @ 4:02pm CST
Optimus is pissed.

Dammit, Hasbro. Stop stealing my money. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: In-Hand Images: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Optimus Prime (1454547)
Posted by mick1122 on January 12th, 2013 @ 4:10pm CST
Looks like he put on his angry eyes.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie All Spark Power Deluxe Autobot Cliffjumper Figure Red Camaro - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 32 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Classic Universe Action Figure Tankor With Melee Blade RID New MOSC - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 7 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers figure Mirage G1 - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 53 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers ROTF HFTD JETBLADE Deluxe Figure Autobot Harrier - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 28 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers: Power Core Combiners Series 2 Windburn with Darkray Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 28 minutes 44 seconds
1984 TRANSFORMERS G1 ORIGINAL  "MEGATRON" DECEPTICON (NOT REISSUE) *COMPLETE* - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 28 minutes 47 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS/UNIVERSE CLASSICS DELUXE CLASS TANKOR TRIPLE CHANGER - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 20 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class Armada Megatron Classics New - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 hours 23 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016