Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide"

Transformers News: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide"

Thursday, June 2nd, 2011 10:38AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, 3rd Party News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 33,708

iGear has posted more images of the upcoming PP-05 Not Ironhide with some shots on the size comparison, accessories as well different head sculpts.

According to iGear, Not Ironhide is expected to be released in the 4th quarter of 2011. No price has been announced yet, however more information is expected at BotCon 2011.

You can view the original thread for more photos by clicking any of the images above.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): iGear

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232303)
Posted by --B-- on June 2nd, 2011 @ 10:48am CDT
I think I like the angry face more than the yelling face. Could this perhaps have multiple face plates, that would rock!
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232304)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 2nd, 2011 @ 10:48am CDT
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232305)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 2nd, 2011 @ 10:52am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Wow. I wonder who all those extra heads belong to. ??? Glad they've included different heads for Ironhide... the really angry one was a little too much.

A few of the blurry ones are Ratchet it looks like. I can't tell on the furthest left though.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232306)
Posted by GetRightRobot on June 2nd, 2011 @ 10:54am CDT
I might be alone on this, but I like the calm Ironhide face. It feels more genuine. Ironhide was a warrior no question, but i like my autobots a little more civilized and...well...less war-monger-y. :lol:
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232307)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 2nd, 2011 @ 10:54am CDT

Anyway, he is bigger than expected, but he looks good. I suppose they're assuming you have their Faith Leader as your Classics Prime, and they look pretty good next to each other. Too bad I just know I won't be able to afford these, but I already have the Universe versions.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232315)
Posted by It Is Him on June 2nd, 2011 @ 11:07am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Can I start a formal petition to stop the use of "Not-" for referring to third party and KO products? :P

Only if we can agree to stop using CHUG as well.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232319)
Posted by It Is Him on June 2nd, 2011 @ 11:15am CDT
Also, the proportions are weird, Ironhide is WAY too tall, and iGear sucks. No sale!
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232330)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 2nd, 2011 @ 11:31am CDT
I wonder what the odds are all the weapons store somewhere on his body like they did in the mini-series? That would be pretty cool.

Also, I wonder if iGear has an Alpha Trion in mind?.. :-?
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232361)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 2nd, 2011 @ 12:18pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:

Only if we can agree to stop using CHUG as well.

That is my fondest wish, alas, it seems we can only dream of such a world. :-(
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232365)
Posted by It Is Him on June 2nd, 2011 @ 12:20pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Only if we can agree to stop using CHUG as well.

That is my fondest wish, alas, it seems we can only dream of such a world. :-(

In another thread I suggested making CHUG a banned word on the boards, much like a few other four letter words. Maybe I should start a thread petitioning for it?
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232366)
Posted by Requiem Prime on June 2nd, 2011 @ 12:24pm CDT
Wow, info dump. I'm so sold. Even at iGear's usual PP prices (well, maybe just Ironhide if it's too high) If the pair pummel my wallet less severely than MP-10 all will be right in my world.

I am on board with ditching the NOT prefix because that's who they're supposed to be. If they have an "official" name or id number then that's fine too.

And why are we still getting blatant "iGear sucks" posts?

PP-series & MP trailer: Yes, iGear made KOs of HasTak and/or fan designs, but look at their things compared to what usually comes out of china's moral cesspool. iGear not only attaches their name to their work, they aim for a quality that brings KOs as close to dignity as they're going to come.

Kup/MP heads: These are add-ons. CHEAP add-ons. Anyone who remotely likes half of the stuff Fansproject and all the others put out needs to sit down and shut the hell up. Also, did anyone notice that the Kup upgrade so happened to be announced BEFORE the toys were freely available? In the world of 3rd party anything, that's damn near holy work.

Arcee/Nightbird: Not actually made by them, so I can't press them for issues I have with it. I actually wish the ninja came first because the robot mode was fine and one that didn't have to transform too would have broken the ice a lot better.

In my book, iGear's only sin they haven't redeemed in some way is pricing, but their freedom to charge what they want is a fundamental part of being a third party. And except for the jets, they haven't strayed as far into crazy as you might think for 3rd party stuff.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232374)
Posted by It Is Him on June 2nd, 2011 @ 12:29pm CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:And why are we still getting blatant "iGear sucks" posts?

PP-series & MP trailer: Yes, iGear made KOs of HasTak and/or fan designs

You just answered your own question.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232376)
Posted by rpetras on June 2nd, 2011 @ 12:33pm CDT
Requiem Prime wrote: except for the jets, they haven't strayed as far into crazy as you might think for 3rd party stuff.

Their jets are not really that bad, price wise.
When you think what you pay from BBTS or one of those guys for an actual Takara MP jet.

And the last MP jet was several years ago, so the closest comparison is MP Grimlock, I guess, and he went for around $150.

I'm loving these though, and the more I see the more I like them.
I have no issue with them being closer to voyager sized, either.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232390)
Posted by craggy on June 2nd, 2011 @ 1:09pm CDT
looking good yessireebob.

as wasted as the potential of a VW Bumblebee was, I'd love iGear (or anyone, really) to combing the MP KO and reshelling concepts, and make a deluxe-sized-ish simplified Sharkticon or 5.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232393)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 2nd, 2011 @ 1:18pm CDT
Wow. Mixed feelings doesn't even come close. I think I have split personality syndrome over this one.

The variety of the head sculpts is great (very interested to find out who the two or three on the left are) and the selection of weapons and accessories is truely awesome. Robot mode still looks brilliant. Vehicle mode still looks bland. Just wish clear plastic windows were included.

I think iGear have done a great job with the size. It wouldn't look too out of place with either the Masterpiece series or the Classics. No idea whether I want these. However, I now have extremely high anticipation for iGear Impactor.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232399)
Posted by DMSL on June 2nd, 2011 @ 1:30pm CDT
Superb looks like they are in scale with Classics figs.

If the end product will look as good as the proto shots then i will definately get a set.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232414)
Posted by Oilspill on June 2nd, 2011 @ 1:56pm CDT
Hmm.. they look really good. Arcee was too expensive for me, if these guys are cheaper I may be tempted. Ironhide is one of my favourite bots.

Glad iGear are putting out some more products that aren't ripping off other peoples work, even if they are just distributing them for someone else.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232423)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 2nd, 2011 @ 2:14pm CDT
I was not expecting them to be Classics sized. I thought these were gonna be Masterpiece. I may have to put some money down on these instead of the actual Classics figures.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232446)
Posted by Primacron's Little Helper on June 2nd, 2011 @ 3:06pm CDT
ae_productions wrote:There is a lot of internet "bandwaggon" hate. See, little boys have nothing else better to do than complain, and since they can hide behind their computer screen, and there is no one to put them in their place, they cry on the internet like a little girl. The other reason why we see a lot of this on the internet (you can see it no matter what fandom, no matter what forum), is that people's lives are so pointless and shallow, that complaining about something makes them feel important. Makes them feel more of a man, I guess. But yes, there is a lot of bandwaggon hate for iGear. Just ignore the little bitches.

Same people who cry IP infringement on iGear also love and collect Fansprojects, headrobots, Perfect Effect and others. Total hypocrites.

Yeah, but people from Fansprojects, Headrobots and Perfect Effect don't go on to Transformers websites and call a fairly large proportion of the people "little bitches".

ae_productions wrote:Bottom line is this. Hasbro complains how they loose money.

I've never heard of anyone from Hasbro complain about this.

ae_productions wrote:Yet, they make no effort to sell product fans want.

I'm a fan and they sell lots of things I want.

That said, this looks pretty good. I'm impressed with what iGear are doing. It's not for me though.
Re: Prototype Images Of iGear PP05 "Not Ironhide" (1232453)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 2nd, 2011 @ 3:24pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Only if we can agree to stop using CHUG as well.

That is my fondest wish, alas, it seems we can only dream of such a world. :-(

I'd sign it.

Ending Soon On eBay

BOTCON 2014 Transformers Generation 2: Redux BREAKDOWN G2 Loose Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Generations Decepticon Blitzwing Triple Changer mint in box - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 19 minutes 21 seconds
SDCC The War Within Grimlock Transformers mini bust Diamond Select 0699788640258 - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 52 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers - Optimus Prime by The Loyal Subjects - 5.5" Exclusive Vinyl Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 40 minutes 53 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Movie 3 DOTM Fireburst Optimus Prime Voyage - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 59 minutes 45 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS 2016 YEAR OF THE MONKEY PLATINUM EDITION OPTIMUS PRIMAL - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 48 minutes 1 second
Transformers G1 Parts 1987 COMPUTRON fist set pair - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 5 minutes 35 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Combiner Wars G2 Superion ACTION FIGURE Collection Pack KIDS TOYS - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 36 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive