Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker?

Transformers News: Rumor:  First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker?

Friday, August 31st, 2007 6:40PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Rumors
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 34,657

First be clear the following is a only a rumor.

An interesting images has shown up on Hobby Link Japan under its MP-06 Skywarp listing. There is an images that shows Masterpiece Skywarp in the front along with the original Masterpiece Starscream in the back left and what looks to be a possible Masterpiece Thundercracker in the back right. We have mirrored the image here:

Credit(s): Hobby Link Japan
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316167)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:01pm CDT
Well, it's not like we didn't know this was gonna happen. Starscream is destined to be reapinted at least 2 times into Skywarp & Thundercracker, & if remolds take place, Dirge, Thrust, & Ramjet. I've seen this image before though....I can't remember where.....
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316170)
Posted by shocktrain on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:04pm CDT
I dont mind that at all. Not too much I'm willing to shell out the bucks for other than the Masterpiece collection. Still dieing for a Perfect Ultra Magnus with trailer armor or maybe a Grimlock.
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316186)
Posted by Klozminded-G1 on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:18pm CDT
I'd definately pre-order it. Heck, I want all three coneheads as well!

I do hope they seperate the repaints with at least a new mold or two in between to keep the line fresh.
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316188)
Posted by Night~GONE on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:20pm CDT
Dude I wana see Takara Make a masterpiece Grimlock i would pay for that. Or a masterpice Galvatron
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316189)
Posted by Skowl on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:21pm CDT
Another Starscream repaint?! That's never been done before...

At least now maybe people will stop complaining that they can't get all three seekers... even though it seems like they get 2 of the three at least once a year.

Does this mean we can stop repainting Starscream now!!!
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316192)
Posted by Creature SH on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:22pm CDT
Well, I don't have to buy it.
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316195)
Posted by HighPrime on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:24pm CDT
This picture has been out for at least a month...I should get off my keister and submit news, but I figured by the time I notice news, half the world would have already known about it :-)

Definitely would/will pick up.

In addition to the previous mentions, I'd like to see a Masterpiece Rodimus Prime..
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316198)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:28pm CDT
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote: I've seen this image before though....I can't remember where.....

yes, you have. It's on the back of the mp6 box, as one member who i cant remember was nice enough to point out the first time pics of said box were posted.
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316204)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:34pm CDT
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316209)
Posted by Decatron on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:37pm CDT
Cool. But not a high priority 8)
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316210)
Posted by Gutter Bunny on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:37pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:So the people who went and bought MP03 Starscream are going to have two similar looking figures when the inevitable Thundercracker repaint is released?

i'm sure TC will be a much more intense blue than mp3...so i suppose it depends on what you consider similar.
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316212)
Posted by Night~GONE on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:40pm CDT
I saw that pick like last year, How did it get dug up again...
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316224)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on August 31st, 2007 @ 7:45pm CDT
I've seen this image WAY back when MP Skywarp was announced.
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316251)
Posted by magnusupreme on August 31st, 2007 @ 8:02pm CDT
that picture looks cool
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316255)
Posted by Sunstar on August 31st, 2007 @ 8:07pm CDT
I'd like to see coronaiton garb on Screamer
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316322)
Posted by zatara1701 on August 31st, 2007 @ 8:55pm CDT
I think we need more than that pic as conclusive proof of a Masterpiece Thundercracker... Heck, it looks like a Photoshopped pic of some real f15's.

I think it's cool they want to do all the seekers, but can we PLEASE have something between them??? For goddsake...first you have MP-01, then repaint him as Ultra Magnus (which I think is crap, because Magnus has always been MORE than a Prime repaint, but seems destined to that role now). Now they come out with Starscream and are going to release the seekers in a row???? Come on!!! I'm not a completest, so why the hell do I want to buy $300 of the same figure?

Grimlock, Rodimus, Galvatron... Hell, I vote make all the Aerial Bots (or ANY combiners) and make a GIANT F-ING ROBOT!! How cool would that be??? He'd be like 3 feet tall...I's spend $500-600 on that over time.
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316324)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on August 31st, 2007 @ 8:58pm CDT
Gutter Bunny wrote:

No, that wasn't it.....it was waaaaay back, like in 05. Call me crazy if you will, but I know I saw the exact image or one just like it. Who cares?
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316326)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on August 31st, 2007 @ 8:59pm CDT
Skowl wrote:Does this mean we can stop repainting Starscream now!!!

No, but you can cancel that pre-order for the Masterpiece version. :P
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316329)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 31st, 2007 @ 9:00pm CDT
id buy a mp thundercracker but not the sky warp
Re: Rumor: First Look at Masterpiece Thundercracker? (316338)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on August 31st, 2007 @ 9:02pm CDT
Eago: well, there's a big suprise!!! That's incerdible.....I think I'm going to have a heart attack & DIE from *not* suprise!!!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem