Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Transformers News: Rumor:  New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Friday, April 24th, 2009 9:51PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 20,831

With the TFCon Powered Commander Exclusive out, I have taken pictures of the back cover, which shows sketches of two new characters. The first is the known Protector Armor upgrade for Classics Rodimus, the other figure appears to be based on Springer, but is it an upgrade kit or a complete figure?

Time will tell.
Roumer:  New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??
Roumer:  New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??
Roumer:  New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??
Credit(s): Mkall
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914512)
Posted by Valandar on April 24th, 2009 @ 10:13pm CDT
Those shoulders kinda remind me of Classics Grimlock... o.O
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914513)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on April 24th, 2009 @ 10:48pm CDT
Intriguing. The Rodimus kit, of course, looks sweet... I'm hoping it's removable armor, so I don't have to worry about permanently altering my Rodimus figure...

As for Springer, I can't quite place it. There are bits and pieces of several toys I see in there... the shoulders are somewhat reminiscent of Classics Grimlock, though I see a bit of Universe Onslaught in the legs. It has a bit of a 'roadbuster' feel to it, as well, in the chestplate... I can't quite make out any recent figure it might be made from. Could it be a completely new, fully-contained toy? Considering all they've learned and gained from their work on their previous projects, I wouldn't be surprised if they begin designing their own unique takes on classic (and forgotten) characters.

Of course, I think I'd prefer some of the REALLY obscure & forgotten characters, over another Springer. How about Trailbreaker or Gears? Why not a new version of a classic Headmaster like Chromedome? Or do something completely out of left field, like a completely original scout-sized figure that's a fully functional 'Energon' combiner limb?
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914516)
Posted by Delicon on April 24th, 2009 @ 11:04pm CDT
I too think that Springer has been well covered considering the Botcon release and also the Target Comic release.

However, I wil give them credit as they are apparently doing a lot to expand the "1986" set, which is very popular to certain collectors.
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914525)
Posted by Unicron's_head on April 25th, 2009 @ 12:50am CDT
The colors make it look like Springer but the tires on the legs just scream Roadbuster. Either way it shoud be a decent figure.
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914526)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 25th, 2009 @ 12:56am CDT
Crap in a hat...

I might have to find a Classics Rodimus now. Dangit.

I could care less about Springer, but Rodimus looks good with the add on kit.

*sighs*
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914553)
Posted by goshjosh95 on April 25th, 2009 @ 4:46am CDT
Thanks for the pics! Eagerly anticipating the Rodimus Protector Kit upgrade.

I have no idea what figure the Springer kit upgrades... but I know I want him too!
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914554)
Posted by Swiftpaw on April 25th, 2009 @ 4:48am CDT
Now if its properly a triplechanger, -that- will be something.
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914555)
Posted by Didicos on April 25th, 2009 @ 4:54am CDT
As far as the second figure is concerned,if it is Springer it is good....but the Botcon one is better.....
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914561)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 25th, 2009 @ 5:06am CDT
Didicos wrote:Does anyone know if the armor kit for Rodimus transforms into some kind of trailer or something like the City Commander?This would upgrade Hot Rod to Rodimus Prime,which I think would be great...!

Yup, the Rodimus kit is supposed to turn into a trailer. I'm not sure how they'll make it work, but they usually pull a rabbit out of their hat with these kits, so we should be wowed.

EDIT: http://www.fansproject.com/?page_id=101
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914562)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 25th, 2009 @ 5:11am CDT
There is a very blurry picture of Rodimus in alt mode on the FansProject website. It is here:
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914564)
Posted by Diem on April 25th, 2009 @ 5:22am CDT
emeraldbeacon wrote:

I totally agree (apart from the Trailbreaker thing, I mean he only just got re-released so he's hardly forgotten or obscure). Always hated Springer. He was supposed to be the Han Solo to Hot Rod's Luke and Arcee's Leia. Instead he was the A.C. Slater to Hot Rod's Zack Morris and Blurr's Screech. Too jock-y.
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914566)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 25th, 2009 @ 5:27am CDT
Diem wrote:
emeraldbeacon wrote:

An Arcee figure would be welcome after Rodimus Prime and Springer. That way we will have all the main players from season 3. Also, Trailbreaker got an homage in the movie line as Stockade.
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914567)
Posted by Diem on April 25th, 2009 @ 5:36am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:
Diem wrote:
emeraldbeacon wrote:

Assuming you're talking about Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, Kup, Blurr, Ultra Magnus, Springer, Perceptor and Arcee...
Hmm...so at the moment G1 has everyone except Arcee. With BotCon and this upcoming set, Universe has everyone except Blurr, Arcee and Perceptor. Of the Autobots, Animated has (or will have) everyone except Springer, Kup, and possibly Perceptor. How frustrating!
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914568)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 25th, 2009 @ 5:45am CDT
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914569)
Posted by Diem on April 25th, 2009 @ 5:50am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Oh one other thing, can a mod please correct the spelling mistake in the title. It is not roumer, it is rumor.

Rumour :P
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914573)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 25th, 2009 @ 6:30am CDT
Diem wrote:

Rumour :P

Yeah, I know. I adjusted the word for the American's on this board.
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914582)
Posted by omega666 on April 25th, 2009 @ 8:30am CDT
I feel a tingling in my wallet.
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914597)
Posted by Delicon on April 25th, 2009 @ 9:58am CDT
I'm not even sure I will buy the Rodimus upgrade. I seem to have misplaced my Titanium Rodimus Prime but he more that fills the bill as a good Rodimus Prime. An extremely underrated figure.
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914639)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 25th, 2009 @ 12:50pm CDT

But at the same time I find the idea of Fan's Project making a stand alone Transformer a little worrying. Don't get me wrong, I think their Magnus and Prime trailers are awesome, and the Rodimus upgrade looks really cool, but they are JUST upgrades. But hey, we'll just have to wait and see. Who knows, if Springer turns out to be a success, maybe Fan's Project will answer a lot of peoples prayers and produce the rest of the Combaticons and Aerialbots for the Classics/Universe line.
Re: Rumor: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer?? (914659)
Posted by Rodentus Prime on April 25th, 2009 @ 2:10pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:I really don't know what to make of Springer either. It can't be an upgrade. Who would it be an upgrade of? Surely it would just be a robot suit without the ability to transform, a Grimlock in Springer's clothing if you will.

Rhanson on TFW2005 -
[quote]they have designs of springer and protector (rodimus prime upgrade) shown at TFCon, he's a brand new figure.

along with all the other designs they have shown, silhouettes of wreckgar (new figure as well) and some other ones I didn't recognize are there too[/quote]

Lets hope we see some photos from TFcon soon.

Ending Soon On eBay

original G1 Transformers HARDHEAD HEADMASTER DUROS - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 42 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Universe SKYFALL Ultra Class Decepticon Robot black jet - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 57 minutes 25 seconds
Pretender G1 Transformers Lot Pincher W/ Claw Splashdown Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 34 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 SPRINGER complete figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 11 days 15 hours 21 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Generation Cliffjumper - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 58 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Henkei Dirge - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 58 minutes 45 seconds
transformers g1 fortress maximus large blue rifle gun blaster cannon laser - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 59 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers G1 1987 SKULLCRUNCHER complete headmasters figure hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 32 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks