Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord

Transformers News: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord

Monday, December 13th, 2010 7:35AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Transtopia
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 81,912

Giga and Mega combine to form the menacing Overlord! This Generation One character was made even more popular from the Last Stand of the Wreckers, and we've got the most beautiful rendition of the Powermaster to date. Everything from the Generation One Toy seems to be replicated spot-on, from the Gigatank, to the Megajet, and even the little Powermasters. From Seibertron.com member and Procustomizer Sabrina, creating Overlord was a lengthy project, and now we're graced by his presence. A combination of Armada Tidal Wave, ROTF Jetfire, ROTF Bludgeon, and some tender love and care, words can't explain this! But pictures certainly can, and you'll see the custom below!

You'll find more pictures in the forums! Share your customs with us, whether they be repaints, remolds, or everything in between in the Transtopia forums!

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): sabsabby85
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1156887)
Posted by mattyc1007 on December 13th, 2010 @ 7:43am CST
I love Armada Tidalwave like Blurrz loves his alternate in Armada, and you have my premission to do that to that mold.... I mean GPOW ;)

Great Piece of Work!

(Sorry about not commenting earlier, the fall of the monthly newsletter which was the reason I looked through all the work put up and commented has left me forgeting about the forums, although I should always have a quick look when I can)
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1156890)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 13th, 2010 @ 7:48am CST
The Primus head mold looks good as an updated Overlord head.

I really like what was done here. The orange cockpit throws things off a little for me, but it is a spectacular piece, one I would love to own.

Great work! I really enjoyed it, and thanks for sharing.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1156896)
Posted by alldarker on December 13th, 2010 @ 8:00am CST
This is an absolutely wonderful custom, and I too am sorry I didn't comment earlier. Love the head, like was said before, it fits perfectly.
The only thing I'd like to see is more paint applications on the cockpit of the jet... They look a little unfinished. But hey, who am I to criticize this awesomeness!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1156908)
Posted by Rated X on December 13th, 2010 @ 8:43am CST
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1156927)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 13th, 2010 @ 9:44am CST
Rated X wrote:The work is beautiful. I give this dude much credit. But I wish he wouldnt give the pics photoshop effects. I want to admire the figure as it really is.

Shouldn't it be;

"But I wish She wouldnt give the pics photoshop effects."

Unless, of course, Sabrina is usually used as a guy's name.

Back on topic, excellent figure! Great choice of base figures. Very impressive paint work. Should this be sold, I can see this fetching a crazy price.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1156928)
Posted by Court Jester on December 13th, 2010 @ 9:53am CST
...by the power of Greyskull...
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1156934)
Posted by DISCHARGE on December 13th, 2010 @ 10:13am CST
I couldn't sell this if I built it. Nice.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1156936)
Posted by Rated X on December 13th, 2010 @ 10:14am CST
Sodan-1 wrote:

Shouldn't it be;

"But I wish She wouldnt give the pics photoshop effects."

Unless, of course, Sabrina is usually used as a guy's name.

Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1156961)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 13th, 2010 @ 11:02am CST
I saw this over at Radicons and while I suppose I should appreciate the work that went into this, I'm just not feeling it. All I see is Tidal wave with tank and jet bits stuck on and a Primus head.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1157009)
Posted by r3devi7 on December 13th, 2010 @ 12:41pm CST
Rated X wrote:I passed the fine print and went straight to the pics. Ok so "she" is very talented. But you completely ignored my point about photoshop effects. I think she does excellent work. I just want to see the paint scheme without digi-touch up. Hasbro is infamous for doing that in preview pics.

This, and get the whole figure in the shot. That just bothers me, I get youre trying to show hes big, but yeah. I love the bot mode, figure looks great.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1157084)
Posted by LiKwid on December 13th, 2010 @ 3:48pm CST
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1157235)
Posted by Protecticus Maximus on December 13th, 2010 @ 9:19pm CST
Is that a Estes model rocket nosecone/canopy?!?
Gnahh! It is! :lol:
That's just great. The day I see my two hobbies come together.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1157569)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on December 14th, 2010 @ 7:04pm CST
LiKwid wrote:Would this be Sabrina Ng? This is hot stuff.. Plenty of people on Seibertron are custom lovers, I think the fact the forum just doesn't get enough traffic so alot of great work goes unseen. I however love this. It just has that massive feel to it and the head is spot on. If this is sabrina, I can spot one of her paint jobs a mile away..Flawless.. :KREMZEEK: :APPLAUSE:

It is her, she posted it on TFW under that name...well, since it's her name it makes sense to post it there...
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1157661)
Posted by sabsabby85 on December 15th, 2010 @ 7:12am CST
Blurrz wrote:Top quality amazing! Definitely deserves to be on the front page :)

Really appreciate the front page posting. Thank you very much! It really made my week! :)
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1157663)
Posted by sabsabby85 on December 15th, 2010 @ 7:14am CST
And thank you for all the feedback and replies guys. I truly appreciate all your comments. And yes. It's me. Sabrina. Used my email username sabsabby85 in the past to apply for forum usernames. But recently changed most of them to Sabrina_Ng.

Ciao!
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1157742)
Posted by RodimusAscendant on December 15th, 2010 @ 11:52am CST
Wow I can't believe I didn't spot this before. This is not just a custom it is a work of art. Hell of a job! Most impressive. If someone put it in a Hasbro/Takara package and put it on the shelf in a store I would swear up and down it was an exclusive.
Re: Transtopia Masterclass - Masterforce Overlord (1157876)
Posted by Aerotron on December 15th, 2010 @ 6:55pm CST
HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!?!?!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction