Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available

Transformers News: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available

Monday, August 8th, 2011 2:41PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Media, Podcast
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 73,478

After some life getting in the way of podcasting, we are back with another Twincast/Podcast! You can download this episode here or subscribe to us in iTunes.

This episode is chock full of laughs, heartbreak, and some really useful tips to keep your collection safe!

Toy News Roundup:

Masterpiece Rodimus US Release

SDCC Exclusives on HasbroToyShop.com

Transformers Prime Starscream

Feature Roundtable:

The devastation of Ryan's MIB and MISB collection from a flash flood on July 23rd. You can check out Ryan's gallery of this destruction here on Seibertron.com's Facebook page.

We then get into the nitty gritty of protecting your collection. Topics include:

• Insurance
  • Storage Units
  • Storing Parts
  • Storage Totes

Look for more in depth coverage of these topics coming soon on Seibertron.com!

Finally, we are once again featuring a Seibertron.com "Listen To Win" Contest! When you hear us announce the keyword, head over to our Contest page for your chance to win an RPM Devastator Showdown set! This time, we'll be randomly selecting a winner from the pool of entries submitted before Sunday, August 14th, 2011 at 11:59 EST. Click here to enter this contest.

Contest is only open to registered Seibertron.com members in the US who have not won a Seibertron.com contest within the past 90 days. Staff members are ineligible.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273481)
Posted by LiKwid on August 8th, 2011 @ 7:51pm CDT
Those pictures bring back alot of horrifying memories for me..The more I look at them the worse I feel. Coming from someone who not only lost a collection, I lost them forever. Many of the figures were from my childhood, as I was one of those kids who took great care of his toys( oh and I never shared :P). I know How Ryan feels in this situation and my heartfelt condolences go out to him.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273482)
Posted by morphobots on August 8th, 2011 @ 7:54pm CDT
Good Lord! Devastation is right. That actually breaks my heart to see. I know in the final analysis they're only toys, but insurance is one thing and memories are another. My sincere condolences to Ryan for this destruction.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273485)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 8th, 2011 @ 8:15pm CDT
damn, to me these are not just toys but part of a family. when you lose a TF you lose part of your family. im sorry ryan :sad:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273491)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on August 8th, 2011 @ 8:28pm CDT
wheres the link to the pod cast? or did I miss it?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273495)
Posted by PrymeStriker on August 8th, 2011 @ 8:36pm CDT
I'm with Samurai Bludgeon, where's the link to the podcast?

----------------------------------

P.S: That's a damned shame what happened to your figures :-(
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273497)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 8th, 2011 @ 8:39pm CDT

http://www.seibertron.com/media/audio/p ... st-026.mp3[/color]
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273498)
Posted by PrymeStriker on August 8th, 2011 @ 8:44pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:[color=teal]You can find the podcast links in the section at the bottom of the website;

http://www.seibertron.com/media/audio/p ... st-026.mp3[/color]

Thank you!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273512)
Posted by Galvatron X on August 8th, 2011 @ 9:16pm CDT
Aw, man. BUMMER, Ryan.

Just that one pic of that messy pile (with a Metroplex in it :-( ) makes my stomach tight - and I'm sure it's way worse than that. (I haven't listened to the Podcast yet).

Sorry to hear that, Bossman. Good luck with the insurance process.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273518)
Posted by TulioDude on August 8th, 2011 @ 9:27pm CDT
Nice podcast!It kinda late so i will listen the rest later.
Does the Masterpiece Rodimus can hold the Matrix he came with it,in his chest?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273520)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on August 8th, 2011 @ 9:33pm CDT
Sorry to hear about your loss man. I have a massive comic book collection at home and if something like this happened I don't know what I'd do.

What are you doing with the damaged toys?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273533)
Posted by Hoitytoity on August 8th, 2011 @ 9:49pm CDT
Holy crap, I'm so sorry man. Will you at least be able to get some reimbursement from insurance?
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273545)
Posted by It Is Him on August 8th, 2011 @ 10:16pm CDT
I just looked at every photo from the destruction gallery. Heartbreaking stuff. Seibertron, I've gotta ask, are you insured? And, do you plan to replace this stuff? Also, hold onto the Metroplex styrofoam. Those boxes aren't difficult to come by.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273546)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 8th, 2011 @ 10:17pm CDT
Sorry everyone, I added the download links for this episode.

Also, TulioDude, MP Rodimus comes with two Matrix accessories, the tiny one that comes with MP-09 that fits in his chest but is pretty much useless, and a redeco of the MP-01/Masterpiece Prime Matrix that he can hold/open. It's pretty cool.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273563)
Posted by Anonymous on August 8th, 2011 @ 10:43pm CDT
Ay, caramba!
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273564)
Posted by joevill on August 8th, 2011 @ 10:44pm CDT
I think I may be able to think of some creative photo shots for that Devestator RPM! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273578)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 8th, 2011 @ 11:07pm CDT
I missed these podcasts. :-B

Looking at that gallery just horrifies me. The damage is just too painful to look at it. My condolences, Ryan. To lose such a big amount of your collection is a tragic shame indeed. :-( I honestly feel like we should hold some sort of fundraiser or something.

X-Brawn from Movie Stockade (wouldn't even need a new head) or, like ya'll said, Universe Ironhide. Prowl from Generations Red Alert or Armada/Cybertron Blurr (but keep Armada Blurr's head).

Why no edits? The F-bombs spoil all the fun of these. :-(

Congrats to both of your kids who succeeded in transforming the Rescue Bots toys on their own. Being one who has Asperger's, I can relate (I had a tough time with Beast Wars figures back when I was a young child). :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Jon said the forbidden "L Word" when speaking of Kre-O :lol:

Listening to this has [strike]Counterpunched[/strike] inspired me to finally make a documented list of all my figures.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273583)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 8th, 2011 @ 11:26pm CDT
Rad, I brought it back and there's no denying it. Ask CP, ya'll are bitin my style. :P
:BOT:
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273599)
Posted by Menasorwheels on August 9th, 2011 @ 12:09am CDT
so sorry to hear about the damage your collection sustained. I had 1st seen it on facebook on my phone and was in shock. I hope the storage unit works out for you. I need to do the same but where I am, the indoor ones are few and far between.

I had just switched insurance companies to State Farm and had a short discussion about insuring collectables (I have comics, statues and prop replicas along with action figures), and was told the same thing CP was about documenting. thanks for the tips, it was a very informative podcast.

Also, I located my MP Rodimus at TRU in Johnson City, TN. It actually looks ok with the Takara trailer due to the "winnebago" front clip covering most of the body, but the wheels being grey instead of chrome kinda stand out.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273676)
Posted by conbot3 on August 9th, 2011 @ 6:46am CDT
Hi ryan,
if you could email me with your postal address i may have some spare european and u.s catalogues for G1 era that you can have!
Sorry to see the destruction that this flash flood as caused,does the electronics still work on your ultimate optimus prime?

P.S. my email address is kdpmagnus@aol.com.
Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #26 "FLOOD" Now Available (1273725)
Posted by Rated X on August 9th, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT
My condolences to Ryan. I couldnt imagine losing such a huge part of my collection. I think the best all around collection is opened figures. No matter what reigon of the US you live in, some form of the elements is going to degrade those boxes.

Ending Soon On eBay

Generations Voyager Class FOC Soundwave - Hasbro Transformers - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 10 minutes 27 seconds
TransFormers G1 Masterpiece — MIB Takara MP18 — Bluestreak + 2 Amazon.jp Missile - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 28 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Movie AllSpark PowerVoyager TRU Inferno Fire Rescue Repaint MISB G1 - Time Remaining: 3 days 18 hours 13 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Movie Voyager Target Exclusive StarScream G1 Repaint MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 13 minutes 30 seconds
TransFormers Botcon Hard Hero Cold Cast Porcelain Statue 12" UNICRON #266 G1 MIB - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 28 minutes 41 seconds
Generations Voyager Class Blitzwing - Hasbro Transformers - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 43 minutes 53 seconds
Lot of 3 Vintage 1983 G1 Transformers Insecticons Bombshell, Kickback & Shrapnel - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 14 minutes 13 seconds
Vtg G1 original 1984 Hasbro Transformers Autobot dinobot Snarl STEGOSAURUS TOY - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 59 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016