Need some quick clarification...

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
gbm wrote:All the size models really messed me up when I first started collecting. To this day, I wish I didn't buy the oversized (voyager?) version of Ironhide...and wish I went with the deluxe. He looks odd standing next to my teeny tiny deluxe Optimus.


You mean the movie ones? I hear ya. Nowadays, you're pretty much safe with Prime and Megs as Voyagers, as the rest as Deluxes :)


Im seriously considering selling my brand new Ironhide and re-purchasing a Deluxe one, it's bothering me THAT much. lol


There wasn't any voyager Ironhide in the Classics series, are you talking about the movies?

(And if so I totally have a Deluxe movie Ironhide for sale)



my wording might be off, let me go check exactly what I have....
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Ok, this is what I have. He's significantly larger than all my Deluxe ones.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /2392/1/0/
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 pm

gbm wrote:Ok, this is what I have. He's significantly larger than all my Deluxe ones.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /2392/1/0/


Yeah, that's Voyager Ironhide from the movie line. The Classics/Universe/Generations figures are based on the original Transformers cartoon from 1984 rather than the movies.
User avatar
Diem
City Commander
Posts: 3090
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:25 pm

Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Ok, this is what I have. He's significantly larger than all my Deluxe ones.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /2392/1/0/


Yeah, that's Voyager Ironhide from the movie line. The Classics/Universe/Generations figures are based on the original Transformers cartoon from 1984 rather than the movies.


ok cool.

Which do you have? (the extra you spoke of)

Can you link a picture for me?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:39 pm

gbm wrote:
Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Ok, this is what I have. He's significantly larger than all my Deluxe ones.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... /2392/1/0/


Yeah, that's Voyager Ironhide from the movie line. The Classics/Universe/Generations figures are based on the original Transformers cartoon from 1984 rather than the movies.


ok cool.

Which do you have? (the extra you spoke of)

Can you link a picture for me?


Yeah, it's this one: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... hide/2112/
User avatar
Diem
City Commander
Posts: 3090
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby Diem » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:50 pm

gbm wrote:Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?


Hunt For The Decepticons is a subline of the Movieverse line. It existed a while after Revenge of the Fallen but before Dark of the Moon. There's no real relevance to the name change from Revenge of the Fallen to Hunt for the Decepticons, the only reason it was changed is that stores don't like to carry too much of the same product and so the change in the name and packaging helped Hasbro sell it to Target etc.
User avatar
Diem
City Commander
Posts: 3090
News Credits: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 am

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?


Hunt For The Decepticons is a subline of the Movieverse line. It existed a while after Revenge of the Fallen but before Dark of the Moon. There's no real relevance to the name change from Revenge of the Fallen to Hunt for the Decepticons, the only reason it was changed is that stores don't like to carry too much of the same product and so the change in the name and packaging helped Hasbro sell it to Target etc.



gotta love marketing.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby RhA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
gbm wrote:
Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?


Hunt For The Decepticons is a subline of the Movieverse line. It existed a while after Revenge of the Fallen but before Dark of the Moon. There's no real relevance to the name change from Revenge of the Fallen to Hunt for the Decepticons, the only reason it was changed is that stores don't like to carry too much of the same product and so the change in the name and packaging helped Hasbro sell it to Target etc.



gotta love marketing.


Some bloody awesome toys, though.
Image
Love thy pretenders.
User avatar
RhA
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5425
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:37 am
Location: 1988

Re: Need some quick clarification...

Postby gbm » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm

RhA wrote:
gbm wrote:
Diem wrote:
gbm wrote:Another question....

What is the Hunt For the Decep line supposed to represent?


Hunt For The Decepticons is a subline of the Movieverse line. It existed a while after Revenge of the Fallen but before Dark of the Moon. There's no real relevance to the name change from Revenge of the Fallen to Hunt for the Decepticons, the only reason it was changed is that stores don't like to carry too much of the same product and so the change in the name and packaging helped Hasbro sell it to Target etc.



gotta love marketing.


Some bloody awesome toys, though.



:lol: :lol: :lol:

yep! why else would a 37 year old still be buying them!!!
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:59 pm


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

NEW Transformers Go! G11 Hunter Optimus Prime Tomy Japan - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 7 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers DOTM Deluxe Autobot Air Raid (2011). - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 32 minutes 30 seconds
** 2014 - Transformers AOE Generations Galvatron ** - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 25 minutes 34 seconds
** 2004 Transformers Energon BARRICADE - Bruticus Maximus Loose ** - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 20 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters Sky Claw Vehicle with Smokescreen Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 38 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers UNIVERSE AUTOBOT BLASTER MINT COMP. 2008 - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 33 minutes 55 seconds
G2 TRANSFORMERS: OPTIMUS PRIME 100% Factory Sealed 1992 MISB Hasbro Wow Look! - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 30 minutes 43 seconds
NEW Transformers Movie 2 Deluxe - EVAC - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 45 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents
Twincast / Podcast #146:
"Happy Accidents"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, June 14th, 2016