Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Smokescreen RID mold question...

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby gbm » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:31 pm

What are the two enormous pegs sticking out of the back of the car?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby Overcracker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Which mold are you talking about?

The Deluxe repaint of RID Knockout?

Or the Legion Class Smokescreen figure?

The knockout mold doesn't have pegs, those are his tires.

And legion class Smokescreen, I don't think we've seen his back yet.
Image

"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: The Dark Knight Rises
User avatar
Overcracker
Faction Commander
Posts: 4689
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby gbm » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Overcracker wrote:Which mold are you talking about?

The Deluxe repaint of RID Knockout?

Or the Legion Class Smokescreen figure?

The knockout mold doesn't have pegs, those are his tires.

And legion class Smokescreen, I don't think we've seen his back yet.


omg, my bad, I was super non-descript when I posted that...

I was referring to the Arms-Micron Smokescreen (molded after KnockOut). On the sides of his feet, which are also the back of the car, he has these enormous posts sticking out on both sides.

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/u ... 957_10.jpg
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby Overcracker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Ahh, those. Looks like just Micron pegs. So you can hook up more microns or weapons that have holes onto the car.

I don't think they have a special purpose other than marring an otherwise sleek mold. :P
Image

"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: The Dark Knight Rises
User avatar
Overcracker
Faction Commander
Posts: 4689
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby RAcast » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
gbm wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Which mold are you talking about?

The Deluxe repaint of RID Knockout?

Or the Legion Class Smokescreen figure?

The knockout mold doesn't have pegs, those are his tires.

And legion class Smokescreen, I don't think we've seen his back yet.


omg, my bad, I was super non-descript when I posted that...

I was referring to the Arms-Micron Smokescreen (molded after KnockOut). On the sides of his feet, which are also the back of the car, he has these enormous posts sticking out on both sides.

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/u ... 957_10.jpg

They're posts. What's there to be confused about? You know that it's the AM mold. xD
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2821
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Yeah, those are for the Arms Micron to peg into.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5432
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby gbm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:45 am

RAcast wrote:
gbm wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Which mold are you talking about?

The Deluxe repaint of RID Knockout?

Or the Legion Class Smokescreen figure?

The knockout mold doesn't have pegs, those are his tires.

And legion class Smokescreen, I don't think we've seen his back yet.


omg, my bad, I was super non-descript when I posted that...

I was referring to the Arms-Micron Smokescreen (molded after KnockOut). On the sides of his feet, which are also the back of the car, he has these enormous posts sticking out on both sides.

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/u ... 957_10.jpg

They're posts. What's there to be confused about? You know that it's the AM mold. xD



RACast, I've never owned a AM figure, I was unaware.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby gbm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:46 am

PrymeStriker wrote:Yeah, those are for the Arms Micron to peg into.


ew :SICK:
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:40 am

In general I think the Arms Microns are pretty cool, but those pegs are just too big. They ruin the look of the car. At least the holes don't ruin the car's profile, but those big pegs sticking out look horrible.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4717
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Smokescreen RID mold question...

Postby PrymeStriker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:51 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
gbm wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Yeah, those are for the Arms Micron to peg into.


ew :SICK:


Image
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5432
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014